Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education (39695 Views)

Delta School Of Nursing Upgraded To College Of Nursing / PGDE: Should I Go To College Of Education Or National Open University? Help!!! / You Can Now Go To College In Germany For Free, No Matter Where You’re From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by ikbnice(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
idu1:
Don't insult mechanics here my friend. They are better than jobless psychology graduates with 2:1.
You got me wrong bro. I used that as an illustration to tell him some people do not have the education he has had. This is not the monetary value.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by ikbnice(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Roadside mechanics earn higher than most bankers tongue
You got me wrong bro. I used that as an illustration to tell him some people do not have the education he has had. This is not the monetary value.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by idu1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
ikbnice:
I am sorry for misquoting you sir. I understand you better now.

What we needs in today nigeria is skills acquisition not accumulations of unproductive papers. I am not saying his nce is useless if he can make the best out of it. We need to take technical education serious in this country.

Cheer bro.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Partnerbiz(f): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
Barrytone:
I used to have this feelings until I got to year 2 and started making more money as a student more than my friends that finished nysc. Waited for 5 years to get my preferred engineering course, but for my dad I had accepted mass communication at the polytechnic calabar. Also after graduation I waited for my dream job for 6 years while my friends where been employed in the civil service, life was tough but I survived in the street until I hit my dream job that gave me all the money my friends made in 6 years in a year. In summary, every man has a path, follow your path, always be you. Those years you think that you are wasting can be recouped in a day when you walk your God given path and not trying to be a davido because he has a chioma. My lesson teacher in secondary school owns a private polytechnic now and seeking for license to own university. He was just a "mere" teacher in an oil city when everyone was seeking employment in oil firm. Today non of the Exxon Mobil employee can boast of the money and assets he owns. You can be anything if it's your God given path.
.So how did a sec school teacher build a poly?

say what you know
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by maxman007(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy based in Abuja. I graduated my secondary school 2012, wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then (because d cut off mark was 180)

I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den (fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den. I don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna, spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready.

To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serging now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time.

Guy, I am an NCE Holder. And that's was what gave me the job I'm engaged in today while running a part-time program at the University of Benin. I'm grateful to God that I have that Cert. GET YOUR PRIORITY RIGHT!
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
Partnerbiz:

.So how did a sec school teacher build a poly?

say what you know

I said he started out as a lesson teacher, owned extra mural school and progressed. I never said he did it for a year and owned a polytechnic.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Hantonia(f): 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
All govt owned institutions are stressful in Nigeria. Aside the certificate, I learnt a lot in FCE(T), Akoka even more than Unilag (though university is the ultimate). It was in FCE ( T ), Akoka I learnt how politics and activism are being played. Those psychology, sociology and philosophy courses made me understand human behaviours. I learnt about public speaking from teaching practice, the course I studied, which is computer/maths helped me a lot when I studied one of the Engineering courses at Unilag.
wow did computer/maths 2
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
Hantonia:
wow did computer/maths 2
How is everyone over there? Dr. Owolabi, Dr. (Mrs) Adedayo, Mr Faleye, Mr Taiwo and Kehinde Olayanju, Mrs. Bakare and co. I hope you will pursue you bachelor's degree in Mathematics Education. Mathematics has a lot of advantages.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Ushiesunday(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
even the best of your mate then are still writing jamb and some are even okada and road side mechanics now..you are blessed and going to college of education may be your starting point.. such is destiny.
never underestimate college of education some are crying to be there.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by eniorisha(m): 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
See this boy. I passed outta secondary school in 2001. I stayed at home & on hustling street for another 13 years. I entered university & graduated this year.

U even av an edge. After u are thru with your degree program, u will be on job hunt with both nce & b.sc. It's easier to get Govt job with nce , ND, ssce, etc than insisting on bsc or m.sc degree.

Nothing do u, boy. u are d one running yourself down esteem-wise.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Hantonia(f): 8:20am On Aug 26, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

How is everyone over there? Dr. Owolabi, Dr. (Mrs) Adedayo, Mr Faleye, Mr Taiwo and Kehinde Olayanju, Mrs. Bakare and co. I hope you will pursue you bachelor's degree in Mathematics Education. Mathematics has a lot of advantages.
everyone is fyn o maths ke I prefer computer sci
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rilwayne001: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2018
One of my greatest weak point which I've finally overcome is looking down on myself and comparing my life with others. The moon and the sun shine at their appointed time, none delays the other. In so far we are working hard to better the person we were yesterday, in whatever situation we find ourselves, we'll certainly succeed. Shun comparing your life to others, you don't know what their journey is all about or where it's leading to.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:17am On Aug 26, 2018
Hantonia:
everyone is fyn o maths ke I prefer computer sci
Mathematics is the bedrock of computer science. If you do computer science, you will still do mathematics. Like Dr. Owolabi is a Mathematician but also a programmer.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Hantonia(f): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Mathematics is the bedrock of computer science. If you do computer science, you will still do mathematics. Like Dr. Owolabi is a Mathematician but also a programmer.
yea sure
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by YhungPablo(m): 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Rafeek1:
well, daz true let.... Am thanking God for that sha
my mates are graduating this year. I'm just entering university after wasting 2_yes in poly also. Glory be to God for everything.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by fineboynl(m): 12:28am On Aug 28, 2018
generalpios:

Reach me on WhatsApp thru my signature WhatsApp link let me help u with Skrill detailed information that will help u
oga tell me everything here
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by hannahshepherd: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Education is a very important thing, even if it takes a lot of time and effort. Studying in college is very difficult, we are asked a lot of homework, essay, and various projects, but the platform https://studymoose.com/argument-against-gun-control-essay helped me, thanks to it I was able to pass the argument against gun control of essay on excellent mark without spending a lot of time on it. On the site you can find a lot of information on this topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders / Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds / Adenike Oyetunde Who Lost Her Limbs To Cancer At 20 Becomes A Lawyer & OAP(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.