Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car (34619 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by radautoworks: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2018
nwanneni:
my baby is here!!!08 e220,cdi!!
I go come your shop for servicing.hope u gonna b there?

December undecided

Congrats? I used to have two. Oooold Mercedes turbodiesels. Massive things but I was find of them. You have the fine-body diesel smiley

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
thebigkendo:

VIN number will actually be a better start, I don't think anybody checks or takes note of part number except when defective & looking for replacement.

Cc TheCar corolla people

#WellDoneSir @Thebigkendo

@OP, sorry for your loss.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kashif(m): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
Oooops:
Pls any nairalander has an idea where I can get a Brainbox that will work for my car? I need assistance pls.

Lalasticlala pls help me!!!

This man sells computers @ Ladipo

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
radautoworks:

Wow. Twice in one week in the same car? Friend of ours' Corolla is sitting in our shop over the same thing! Trying to get her one but ours are expensive because they are by Cardone plus the time delay. I can get them third party we used to use in Houston but I'm hesitant to import because of difficulty if it's defective.

until, the spike in import duty, the corolla was literally the most popular/best selling car in nigeria. as such they are still the car of choice for being stolen from because they are very popular. it got so bad in my neighbourhood that people no longer leave cars outside at night. in the space of five months, three corollas were vandalized - one twice.

sadly, it is usually someone in the neighbourhood who is into 'spare parts'

in my old close there was one such seller. he was never caught, but when he suddenly died, the car vandalization died with him.

23 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by kwiin: 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Talk to MC +2347063401220.He sells Toyota parts at ladipo.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by kwiin: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
In 2015 when they did it to me, l lost plus battery, headlamps, rear lamps, car radio, door handles, pressing buttons, and brainbox.

It costs me 150k to get the car up and running. Its a bad experience. Last month, they paid me a visit again, but this time around only took pressing buttons. Am still at loss why they didn't take any other thing. Unfortunately for me at the moment, am broke to replace anything. Menh, l sleep in my car daily.

12 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Who sent you to buy it? tongue tongue tongue

I'd buy a '97 C Class before a 2007 Corolla.

Very true bro. I prefer a 1988 benz concord to corolla 2005

3 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by idu1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Jakumo:
As a non-Toyota car owner, I am curious to learn how one can identify a "Corola Hunter", whose expertise in recycling parts from temporarily abandoned Toyota cars, is both fast and efficient, as described by the OP, and illustrated meticulously with copious photographic evidence tendered here for our perusal.

Given that Nairaland readers are now aware that Toyota Hunters exist, how soon can we expect to hear of Mercedes Hunters, BMW Hunters and maybe even Okada Hunters gracing the streets of Nigeria ?

In my capacity as a fully pledged member of the Cane-Rat Hunters and Babalawo League of Venerated Gentlemen, statutorily imbued with all vested powers therein, I would now like to find out how I can go about qualifying for at least honorary executive-level membership, in the Corolla Hunters Association, The Royal Fraternity of Areola Inspectors, or any other renowned organization of equal standing in Nigeria and the general diaspora.

Thank you and God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Jakumo(m): 4:57am On Aug 26, 2018
kwiin:
In 2015 when they did it to me, l lost plus battery, headlamps, rear lamps, car radio, door handles, pressing buttons, and brainbox.

It costs me 150k to get the car up and running. Its a bad experience. Last month, they paid me a visit again, but this time around only took pressing buttons. Am still at loss why they didn't take any other thing. Unfortunately for me at the moment, am broke to replace anything. Menh, l sleep in my car daily.

You have been supporting a spare parts industry based in the Ladipo area of Lagos, purely with donated components from your Corrola car.

Given that the federal government has been lax in its support of spare parts dealers, your donations of vital car parts will likely earn you a chieftaincy or knighthood title, that will soon be awarded in a lavish ceremony organized by the appreciative parts retailers based at Ladipo.

Ariiiise, Sir Kwiin, and acknowledge our bestowed honors on this day.

13 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:49am On Aug 26, 2018
nwanneni:
ok bro.thanks
Meanwhile,do you still need a w203?
I could give out mine for a good price.very neat 05/06 c230k with bad engine.
I can still repair the engine and sell.just hit me up if u wanna wink

BRO, it has arrived and u forgot to cc me.....
na wah for u oh......

like how much are u looking at giving out the c230

I know someone who is interested

or u give me urs lemme call u
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2018
oyb:

until, the spike in import duty, the corolla was literally the most popular/best selling car in nigeria. as such they are still the car of choice for being stolen from because they are very popular. it got so bad in my neighbourhood that people no longer leave cars outside at night. in the space of five months, three corollas were vandalized - one twice.

in my old close there was one such seller. he was never caught, but when he suddenly died, the car vandalization died with him.

lolz u can contact Gazuzz for that kinda tracker used to silently track the thief and do justice.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

BRO, it has arrived and u forgot to cc me.....
na wah for u oh......

like how much are u looking at giving out the c230

I know someone who is interested

or u give me urs lemme call u
no be so o.i am looking forward to creating a thread and i am writing a long list of all we demeanors I'm gonna cc. wink
Ok.I'm gonna send you a WhatsApp message.
But which do you think it's gonna be better?i sell as it is or do i change the engine b4 selling?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:05am On Aug 26, 2018
nwanneni:
no be so o.i am looking forward to creating a thread and i am writing a long list of all we demeanors I'm gonna cc. wink
Ok.I'm gonna send you a WhatsApp message.
But which do you think it's gonna be better?i sell as it is or do i change the engine b4 selling?

depends on ur pricing

just send me a text, I'll reply with my whatsapp no.....

I don't usually give out my whatsapp no here...

I've seen shiiiit out here mehn
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Homguy(m): 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
oyb:

this is funny, but sad.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Homguy(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jakumo:

You have been supporting a spare parts industry based in the Ladipo area of Lagos, purely with donated components from your Corrola car.

Given that the federal government has been lax in its support of spare parts dealers, your donations of vital car parts will likely earn you a chieftaincy or knighthood title, that will soon be awarded in a lavish ceremony organized by the appreciative parts retailers based at Ladipo.

Ariiiise, Sir Kwiin, and acknowledge our bestowed honors on this day.
grin grin grin grin
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
kwiin:

Sorry for your loss.

It is funny to read that you now sleep in your car to prevent it from being vandalized again.

But this is risky except you have a double barrel by your side.

7 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Abduletudaye(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
Oooops:
See What Corrola hunters did to my car.
They broke the small window, removed my Brainbox, side buttons, light and other parts

This same thing happened to my neighbor last year.

Very terrible thing.. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
uboma:

Sorry for your loss.

It is funny to read that you now sleep in your car to prevent it from being vandalized again.

But this is risky except you have a double barrel by your side.

It IS risky. Some of these motherfuckers are DESPERATE.

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2018
Toyota cars is hot target of thieves.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by pocohantas(f): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2018
Oh sorry.

Japanese cars and car thieves are in a long-term relationship.

3 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Auxtin85(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2018
Sorry about that, these parts were the same parts broken in 2 corolla own by one man in my Estate last year. I wonder how much they sell these parts

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by 2shure: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2018
buy normal avensis
if u dey drive camry sport
asaba thieves fav camry 2.2 ans 2.4
men just watch am o
if na range rove
glx
acura mdx 2010 and above
men na too buy steering lock
pedal lock
dey inside d range dia dey drink your beer

3 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Tapout(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2018
see how this guy's car was harvested sad shocked

5 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by onatisi(m): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2018
kwiin:

the bolded is dangerous ooo, make dem no kuku carry you altogether angry

5 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Jakumo(m): 10:54am On Aug 31, 2018
2shure:
buy normal avensis
if u dey drive camry sport
asaba thieves fav camry 2.2 ans 2.4
men just watch am o
if na range rove
glx
acura mdx 2010 and above
men na too buy steering lock
pedal lock
dey inside d range dia dey drink your beer

Kai 2shure sabi dat spare-part work no be small ting.

Abi ya hand dey for......Ahem, I nogo ask again.

No be all ting when eye see, wey mouth go get pawa to dey talk am.

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by aylipple: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2018
Can't imagine what OP is going through especially with the difficulty finding a brainbox compatible with your Corolla. Hopefully, you'll find a lasting solution soon.

Meanwhile, I've got a 2010 GL550 4Matic for sale.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by gladisa7: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2018
tey finish my own..only say the brainbox hard them to remove. so they leave am.

4 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by nonix22(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2018
camry pencil nko
Readonee35L:
Lol.
Toyota Corolla My As$ .
Motor wey person no fit park for beer parlor drink beer in peace, for the fear of it being stolen.

I hope you find the right brainbox.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by jdleo32(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:
Pls any nairalander has an idea where I can get a Brainbox that will work for my car? I need assistance pls.

Lalasticlala pls help me!!!

IS YOUR CAR AMERICA OR SOUTH AFRICA. If it is from an unknown country the parts are quit difficult to get.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by MrMcJay(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2018
If you go to the police station to report, you would be like No. 18 corolla complainant in that week alone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Drives Into A Shop In Ado-Ekiti [see PHOTOS] / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos) / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.