Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car (34616 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kewtt: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2018
Geniro:

What has Cosplay got to do with this? undecided
Valarinz is fixated.

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Geniro: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
Kewtt:

Valarinz is fixated.

A very terrible state I must say. grin

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2018
Geniro:

A very terrible state I must say. grin

The person I mentioned has hid his tail inbetween his legs and stayed quiet, yet you get over excited and want to carry the matter on your head like gala,

it's Sunday and I'm less busy, let me indulge you small, enjoy your 5mins of valarinz attention
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Cosplay: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
smiley cool

...has hid his...

Because the "has X his" part of this sentence is in the present perfect, and the present perfect is a compound tense, and compound tenses use participles, and the present perfect uses the past participle, which, for "to hide", is "hidden", the following is more appropriate:

...has hidden his...

"Hid", on the other hand, is the simple past and is not used with "to have".

...he hid his...

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2018
Cosplay:
smiley cool

Because the "has X his" part of this sentence is in the present perfect, and the present perfect is a compound tense, and compound tenses use participles, and the present perfect uses the past participle, which, for "to hide", is "hidden", the following is more appropriate:

...has hidden his...

...he hid his...

chaiiiiii

does this mean valarinz and a quack roadside unlearned Mech are probably one and the same and we can comfortably change "kazeem" to "valarinz" for the sake of this forum?

3 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2018
worris going on here? grin grin
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by generationz(f): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2018
Oooops:
Pls guys mind where you park your car. Especially if it's a corrola

you can help us by telling us where you parked your car when this s happened

uboma
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Geniro: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
valarinz:

The person I mentioned has hid his tail inbetween his legs and stayed quiet, yet you get over excited and want to carry the matter on your head like gala,

it's Sunday and I'm less busy, let me indulge you small, enjoy your 5mins of valarinz attention

Hid his tail between his legs? Imagine how odd and silly it sounds.
The Cosplay dude makes his point and moves on while you are still having wet dreams over the bloody nose he gave you all by exposing pertinent frauds

If you want to sound arrogant at least appear remotely smart which you are clearly lacking..

7 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2018
generationz:

uboma

This happened somewhere at Area 3.
generationz:

uboma

generationz:

uboma

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
Cosplay:
smiley cool

...has hidden his...

...he hid his...

All this one wey you dey do, na NL your accomplishments end, I have never claimed to be the most educated member here. I don't correct people's grammar too, I care less about the errors you pick on my posts. Matter of fact when you hear me speak English you'll also realise I have a heavy accent, I make no pretense of it.

However you avoided the comparisons I made between you and the guy I quoted and instead you focused on the irrelevant things .

You are one and the same mentally as that poster who mentioned 'Ibo' boys, you're a bigot and senseless fellow and so tribalistic you go ahead and start insulting people's tribe on NL when their posts don't suit you.

Make an answer to the points above, you can also correct any grammatical error while at it ....waiting
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

chaiiiiii

does this mean valarinz and a quack roadside unlearned Mech are probably one and the same and we can comfortably change "kazeem" to "valarinz" for the sake of this forum?

Change it to kazeem, who cares, just buy a Volvo, tnx
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
valarinz:

Change it to kazeem, who cares, just buy a Volvo, tnx
but always try to respect uncle cosplay now

is it too much to ask of?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

but always try to respect uncle cosplay now

is it too much to ask of?

How can I ever respect someone who disrespected my father, family and village on a public forum, even without provocation and even unapologetic and correcting grammar??

Like I said before, it's Sunday
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by sonety2k(m): 1:43am On Sep 03, 2018
Too Bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by VolvoS60(m): 2:10am On Sep 03, 2018
My sympathies to those whose cars were vandalized.

What I don't get though is the intense dislike towards Corollas expressed mostly on the first page of this thread. They are economical, rugged and above all, damn reliable. They are no-nonsense cars that just get the job done. Quietly.

Sure, they may have problems with security and suspension components but that's about it grin. At least with Corollas you usually don't have to worry about everlasting overheating problems and chronic leaks - coolant, power steering fluid and engine oil. Look below for what the "others" have to deal with grin even with meticulous care and special treatment:

VANOS hell.
(Alternator bracket seal, ignition coil, thermostat and water pump impeller) failure
Airmatic hell
(Valve cover, camshaft chain tensioner and oil pan) gasket failure
Auto transmission solenoid failure
Balance shaft hell

And so on...

Meanwhile Corollas and other Toyotas just get on with it and do the job without fussing or complaining.

Japanese engineering and quality control remain wonderful things to behold.

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by olumide4christ: 2:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Readonee35L:
Lol.
Toyota Corolla My As$ .
Motor wey person no fit park for beer parlor drink beer in peace, for the fear of it being stolen.

I hope you find the right brainbox.

The car is just [b]a cheap match box [/b]with little to offer aside fuel economy. Now you'd be tagged as uber while driving one because the car na uber / taxify favorite grin.

I agree with you on most of what you said...however they are not cheap at all...infact I refer to them as 'expensive nothings'
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kewtt: 2:37am On Sep 03, 2018
VolvoS60:

What I don't get though is the intense dislike towards Corollas expressed mostly on the first page of this thread. They are economical, rugged and above all, damn reliable. They are no-nonsense cars that just get the job done. Quietly.

Sure, they may have problems with security and suspension components but that's about it grin. At least with Corollas you usually don't have to worry about everlasting overheating problems and chronic leaks - coolant, power steering fluid and engine oil. Look below for what the "others" have to deal with grin even with meticulous care and special treatment:

VANOS hell.
(Alternator bracket seal, ignition coil, thermostat and water pump impeller) failure
Airmatic hell
Balance shaft hell

And so on...

Meanwhile Corollas and other Toyotas just get on with it and do the job without fussing or complaining.

You rubbished Mercedes, BMW and Volvo's. Kudos. But you forgot that those cars can be parked with the peace of mind knowing that it will not disappear like the Corolla.... Btw which job is the Corolla getting done? The job of turning you into a previous car owner in a jiffy?

5 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Kewtt:

You rubbished Mercedes, BMW and Volvo's. Kudos. But you forgot that those cars can be parked with the peace of mind knowing that it will not disappear like the Corolla.... Btw which job is the Corolla getting done? The job of turning you into a previous car owner in a jiffy?

is it your previous ownership? grin

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by kingreign(m): 6:28am On Sep 03, 2018
Corollas are good, they're compact city family cars that can also handle good speeds in the hands of a capable driver. They have good audio systems and headlamps. Surprisigly, their interior isn't too cramped.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 7:08am On Sep 03, 2018
VolvoS60:

VANOS hell.
Airmatic hell
Balance shaft hell

And so on...

The truth is : until you experience it you will always think and talk with "wisdom". You will have all these wonderful analysis about how its still a good car despite the 'ordinary' security issues then it gets stolen

That's when you realise its actually better to own a car that takes you to the mech once in a while but still maintain ownership

That's when you realise the emotional trauma involved in losing ones car is not child's play

That's when you get to feel the pain of repaying loan on a car someone somewhere is using

I used to sing the Toyota hymn and never believed there was any good car in the planet apart from Toyota until it happened to me and my heart was broken. To worsen the matter, on reaching the police station to report, the moment police asked me which car model and I said " Camry ", the way they lackadaisically passed me a blank sheet to write my statement and move on like they are actually tired of people coming to " disturb" them with their Toyota theft was heartbreaking.

Nigeria police actually advised me on the nooks and crannies where possible vandals might dump your car after vandalising it and asked me to go and search for it using bike, to call them if I successfully find my car for them to come make the arrest.

Where am I driving at? The system doesn't help you either if you fall victim, you're on your own.

Till when sshit as bad as sudden loss of your property happens to you, you won't understand what it means.

NB: you could also type in confidence of your wisdom cos perhaps the cost of the Camry ain't a biggie to you, more like a toddler crying about their spilt ice cream. But bear in mind that 90% of people who buy those cars actually bought them cos they are afraid of costs of maintaince and fueling other brands, hence can't be said to be very financially comfortable.

5 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2018
valarinz:

The truth is : until you experience it you will always think and talk with "wisdom". You will have all these wonderful analysis about how its still a good car despite the 'ordinary' security issues then it gets stolen

That's when you realise its actually better to own a car that takes you to the mech once in a while but still maintain ownership

That's when you realise the emotional trauma involved in losing ones car is not child's play

That's when you get to feel the pain of repaying loan on a car someone somewhere is using

I used to sing the Toyota hymn and never believed there was any good car in the planet apart from Toyota until it happened to me and my heart was broken. To worsen the matter, on reaching the police station to report, the moment police asked me which car model and I said " Camry ", the way they lackadaisically passed me a blank sheet to write my statement and move on like they are actually tired of people coming to " disturb" them with their Toyota theft was heartbreaking.

Nigeria police actually advised me on the nooks and crannies where possible vandals might dump your car after vandalising it and asked me to go and search for it using bike, to call them if I successfully find my car for them to come make the arrest.

Where am I driving at? The system doesn't help you either if you fall victim, you're on your own.

Till when sshit as bad as sudden loss of your property happens to you, you won't understand what it means.

NB: you could also type in confidence of your wisdom cos perhaps the cost of the Camry ain't a biggie to you, more like a toddler crying about their spilt ice cream. But bear in mind that 90% of people who buy those cars actually bought them cos they are afraid of costs of maintaince and fueling other brands, hence can't be said to be very financially comfortable.

Excellently put.

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kewtt: 7:35am On Sep 03, 2018
valarinz:

Sorry for your loss

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kewtt: 7:44am On Sep 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

is it your previous ownership? grin

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by boyjo: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2018
Rainmania:

Lol . Sorry bro I won't be selling it just yet. I have plans for the car.

grin
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by VolvoS60(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2018
valarinz:

^^^
Don't get me wrong.

I am not in any way trying to play down the anguish of losing a car to robbers or having a car vandalized. No. I agree that security with some Toyota models IS a serious problem. But that doesn't diminish the Corolla's very real strengths.

Back in the day I used to drive the family Peugeot 504 and vehicle theft was also a problem with the 'lions' of that era. Solution? We had all kinds of leg irons, pedal locks and 'crook' grin locks to make it that much harder for thieves to disappear with the car. Clumsy and unwieldy solution? Yes, but it worked. The only thing one really couldn't guard against was thieves making off with the stereo set or other valuables - 504s and Toyota's were very much alike in that respect - loose women grin - the same key could open all of them cheesy.

Despite these security failings, Corollas (and other Toyota's) do have indisputable strengths. I just try to work around their failings as some have suggested here - stuff like welding the ECU housing shut or something like that. Small price to pay for the Corolla's storied reliability in my opinion. And the newer models seem to have sorted out the security issues to a large degree.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by VolvoS60(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2018
Kewtt:

^^^
I agree that some Corolla models have serious security gaps. That isn't in doubt. But it isn't a deal breaker for me. I actually have (or my wife rather) a 2006/2007 Corolla which is a magnet for vandals - its just that I have been fortunate enough not to fall victim. But I still consider it to be an excellent vehicle - it ticks almost all my boxes for customer satisfaction.

As I said, what I don't get is the intensity of feeling of those who think the Corolla is a piece of rubbish. There are several other cars that'll snugly fit that description before the Corolla does. wink

P.S. I do appreciate solid engineering design - i have nothing against the brands you listed. I think the W123 & W124 were some of the best cars of their generation. As you can probably tell from my username i have nothing but love for the S60 - the 2001/2002 model had what I think was the best styling of that era. But as for the newer models of these brands - particularly the German ones... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
Don't get me wrong.

I am not in any way trying to play down the anguish of losing a car to robbers or having a car vandalized. No. I agree that security with some Toyota models IS a serious problem. But that doesn't diminish the Corolla's very real strengths.

Back in the day I used to drive the family Peugeot 504 and vehicle theft was also a problem with the 'lions' of that era. Solution? We had all kinds of leg irons, pedal locks and 'crook' grin locks to make it that much harder for thieves to disappear with the car. Clumsy and unwieldy solution? Yes, but it worked. The only thing one really couldn't guard against was thieves making off with the stereo set or other valuables - 504s and Toyota's were very much alike in that respect - loose women grin - the same key could open all of them cheesy.

Despite these security failings, Corollas (and other Toyota's) do have indisputable strengths. I just try to work around their failings as some have suggested here - stuff like welding the ECU housing shut or something like that. Small price to pay for the Corolla's storied reliability in my opinion. And the newer models seem to have sorted out the security issues to a large degree.

People like you make NL sane, make points without insults, emotions and bigotry, kudos.

My only issue with this your post however is that you seem to have tilted it to corolla vs others, in terms of reliability. Notice that I made my reply to you in response to your quote about the hate for corollas as seen on the first page.

When you've been bit hard by those so-called 'small' shortcomings of the car, you'll have nothing but disdain for anything that comes from that brand. Same way I'm sure some people don't want to ever hear the name "Volvo" mentioned in their presence, due to some previous negative experiences
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by kingreign(m): 6:26am On Sep 05, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
I agree that some Corolla models have serious security gaps
. That isn't in doubt. But it isn't a deal breaker for me. I actually have (or my wife rather) a 2006/2007 Corolla which is a magnet for vandals - its just that I have been fortunate enough not to fall victim. But I still consider it to be an excellent vehicle - it ticks almost all my boxes for customer satisfaction.

As I said, what I don't get is the intensity of feeling of those who think the Corolla is a piece of rubbish. There are several other cars that'll snugly fit that description before the Corolla does. wink

P.S. I do appreciate solid engineering design - i have nothing against the brands you listed. I think the W123 & W124 were some of the best cars of their generation. As you can probably tell from my username i have nothing but love for the S60 - the 2001/2002 model had what I think was the best styling of that era. But as for the newer models of these brands - particularly the German ones... lipsrsealed

You're wrong. You lied.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 05, 2018
valarinz:

Isn't that what insurance is for?

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kewtt: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2018
oyb:

Isn't that what insurance is for?
3rd party? You never baff

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Drives Into A Shop In Ado-Ekiti [see PHOTOS] / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos) / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.