Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car (34621 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by obinrinrere: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
Also a victim of stolen Toyota corolla at alahusa central mosque Ikeja.

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by sacramento1212: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
Okewa:
insurance marketer sighted
With which of the insurance company sir? I am saying the truth now, install a tracker in a Toyota vehicle, fine to a reasonable extent it will assist with theft but how about vandals such as what happened to the OP? Will the company that sold the tracking device cover cost on stolen car parts or replacement cost of the vehicle in the case of stolen vehicle?

I'll rather add money to the tracking cost to purchase a comprehensive insurance plan with a good insurance firm and go to sleep than get a tracker.

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:
Pls guys mind where you park your car. Especially if it's a corrola

that's what ibo boys does for living. go to the police and report it will definitely be find in ladipo market
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kewtt: 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2018
jdleo32:

I swear to God. my neighbor slept in his car some nigth back becuase he couldnt pack in a secured environment.

The hunters came there and asked him to come out and before his very before everything was carter away plus beating.

Just pray to God they dont meet you in Isolo itire area of LAGOS.

FTjnr:
i gave up on toyota the day i mistakenly locked my keys inside the car and a mechanic was able to unlock it with another key.

as it is now, i won't shed a tear if it gets stolen coz i no longer count myself as a car owner.

Lwkmd cc Gazzuzz kingreign obekediamondfuto heavenlybang radautoworks

ROFL

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Okewa(m): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2018
[quote author=sacramento1212 post=70781435]
With which of the insurance company sir? I am saying the truth now, install a tracker in a Toyota vehicle, fine to a reasonable extent it will assist with theft but how about vandals such as what happened to the OP? Will the company that sold the tracking device cover cost on stolen car parts or replacement cost of the vehicle in the case of stolen vehicle?

I'll rather add money to the tracking cost to purchase a comprehensive insurance plan with a good insurance firm and go to sleep than get a tracker. [/quoteyou are very correct
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
Kewtt:

Lwkmd cc Gazzuzz kingreign obekediamondfuto heavenlybang

grin grin grin
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
WinningSun:

that's what ibo boys does for living. go to the police and report it will definitely be find in ladipo market

Hope you dare not disagree with me wen i say youre very very foolish, bloody bigot, you and Cosplay i wonder who better pass

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
Kewtt:

ROFL
lolz no be small tin OH.......
me too LMFAO
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:
See What Corrola hunters did to my car.
They broke the small window, removed my Brainbox, side buttons, light and other parts

With your Vin, finding your engine ecu is very easy. Post VIN
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
jdleo32:

I swear to God. my neighbor slept in his car some nigth back becuase he couldnt pack in a secured environment.

The hunters came there and asked him to come out and before his very before everything was carter away plus beating.

Just pray to God they dont meet you in Isolo itire area of LAGOS.

lols
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2018
FTjnr:
i gave up on toyota the day i mistakenly locked my keys inside the car and a mechanic was able to unlock it with another key.

as it is now, i won't shed a tear if it gets stolen coz i no longer count myself as a car owner.

Some Honda cars have this flaw.

One Honda Accord car key can open some accords.

3 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
bobbiiee:
It's advisable to install a demobilizer with alarm system. The alarm may deter some from going ahead with evil intention.

Nah!

If they mean to steal the parts, no noise/alarm will deter them.

The solution is to fully insure the car....

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
thorpido:
Mehn............never knew this thing was endemic.
It happened to my corolla 2004 too.Till now,i haven't replaced the parts.Just lethargic about it.

You are on the list too.

Hardluck!
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
anjilgreat:

You are right. Exactly what I was thinking. The alarm system will alert people around and force them to run away.

I had a similar experience with my Honda a few years ago, it's just that they only succeeded in removing the radio of my car. God help us with this insecurity situation in Nigeria.

Only a full insurance will give you peace of mind.

With it in place, you do not need to worry unduly when they vandalize your car

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
boyjo:

How much you wan sell the Toyota? grin
Lol . Sorry bro I won't be selling it just yet. I have plans for the car.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by uboma(m): 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2018
sacramento1212:

I'll rather add money to the tracking cost to purchase a comprehensive insurance plan with a good insurance firm and go to sleep than get a tracker.

You have spoken well
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by radautoworks: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
Kewtt:

ROFL

ROFL!
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Klin1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:
See What Corrola hunters did to my car.
They broke the small window, removed my Brainbox, side buttons, light and other parts

Sorry about that.
Do you know you can get ur car brainbox permanently welded. I have welded mine permanently to avoid story that touch. I also do remove the driver side window button ( most expensive).

I have my car insured (comprehensive) though.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
valarinz:

Hope you dare not disagree with me wen i say youre very very foolish, bloody bigot, you and Cosplay i wonder who better pass

I'm very sorry bro. but that is the absolute truth.

those parts are in ladipo as we speak.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by thebigkendo(m): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Klin1:

Sorry about that.
Do you know you can get ur car brainbox permanently welded. I have welded mine permanently to avoid story that touch. I also do remove the driver side window button ( most expensive).

I have my car insured (comprehensive) though.

With comprehensive insurance.. Why bother?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7497118_img20180717205737_jpeg6e31aae588f26f191f38945e3b671d41

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by opeyemi361: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
It also happened to me last month. Just check your vehicle document, look for the first 3 letters of your engine number, that's what you will use to get the brainbox. I do remove the brainbox every night and I park in a secured place. I bought the brainbox for 65,000, window buttons for 15,000 and the back glass for 5,000
Coupled with workmanship, transportation, Panel. That's awhole lot of money.
The thieves came with guns, so nobody could face them.

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by DelTel(m): 12:08am On Sep 01, 2018
Toyota craze is real.

I remember when around 40 cars were vandalized at a bank's car-park in Marina some years back.

Just 4nights ago, one Hilux was vandalized even with 2 private security guards were on duty. The guards didn't even notice until the company drivers resumed and saw it.

Remedial action were done by insurance for both theft.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by radautoworks: 12:22am On Sep 01, 2018
DelTel:
Toyota craze is real.

I remember when around 40 cars were vandalized at a bank's car-park in Marina some years back.

Just 4nights ago, one Hilux was vandalized even with 2 private security guards were on duty. The guards didn't even notice until the company drivers resumed and saw it.

Remedial action were done by insurance for both theft.

Actually, that happened in my other office building a few months ago before we opened. A client parked their Hilux in my compound and the "brainbox" was stolen. Crazy part was they had time to dismantle and fix everything back like nothing happened. It was when Glen has time to check out and tried to start it we discovered the theft like WTF. Made security company party for it though because WTF.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by oyehinchrist: 12:40am On Sep 01, 2018
Exactly same thing happened to me in Lagos. That exact side of the window was broken into. Got a new brain box at Ladipo market and I was lucky it worked for it straightaway. Corolla don suffer
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Chibuike377: 9:16am On Sep 01, 2018
Exactly what happened to my corolla! Brain Box, door winers. They broke in from the small back glass. Nawa
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by boykas(m): 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
Oooops:

You can imagine.
Now finding a Brainbox that works with my car is difficult. I have tried more than 6 non is working for it. Tired already

Call me and I can find a brAinbox for you at LADIPO market
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Kewtt: 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
boykas:

Wehdone. You know where it is?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Jakumo(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
boykas:

If you had the foresight to scratch your car's VIN number on the brain-box before it was re-allocated to Ladipo market, you MIGHT qualify for a compassionate price discount, when you go to buy it back.

If you failed to mark that unit with that VIN number, then I regret to inform you that you should be ready to pay the full market price, with no considerations on offer by the seller.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
Jakumo:

If you had the foresight to scratch your car's VIN number on the brain-box before it was re-allocated to Ladipo market, you MIGHT qualify for a compassionate price discount, when you go to buy it back.

If you failed to mark that unit with that VIN number, then I regret to inform you that you should be ready to pay the full market price, with no considerations on offer by the seller.

You can only scratch the metal case, which can be filled off in secs with an angle grinder or the electronic board can be moved to another case and re-labeled.

best way to protect engine ecu in a corrola is to weld it in.

4 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Geniro: 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
valarinz:

What has Cosplay got to do with this? undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Drives Into A Shop In Ado-Ekiti [see PHOTOS] / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos) / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.