Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car (34617 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by cmoney22222: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2018
English too much sir... I don laugh tire
Jakumo:
As a non-Toyota car owner, I am curious to learn how one can identify a "Corola Hunter", whose expertise in recycling parts from temporarily abandoned Toyota cars, is both fast and efficient, as described by the OP, and illustrated meticulously with copious photographic evidence tendered here for our perusal.

Given that Nairaland readers are now aware that Toyota Hunters exist, how soon can we expect to hear of Mercedes Hunters, BMW Hunters and maybe even Okada Hunters gracing the streets of Nigeria ?

In my capacity as a fully pledged member of the [b]Cane-Rat Hunters and Babalawo League of Venerated Gentlemen, statutorily imbued with all vested powers therein[/b], I would now like to find out how I can go about qualifying for at least honorary executive-level membership, in the Corolla Hunters Association, The Royal Fraternity of Areola Inspectors, or any other renowned organization of equal standing in Nigeria and the general diaspora.

Thank you and God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by sacramento1212: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2018
That's why me i don't even like this brand. Very boring and without a soul. If you must drive a Toyota, please budget for a comprehensive insurance and NOT a tracker. With a comprehensive insurance, you are covered should issues like this happen.

If the OP has done a comprehensive insurance on this ride, then it's for him to relax and the insurance firm will repair his ride. Sorry for your loss all the same.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by jdleo32(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2018
onatisi:

the bolded is dangerous ooo, make dem no kuku carry you altogether angry

I swear to God. my neighbor slept in his car some nigth back becuase he couldnt pack in a secured environment.

The hunters came there and asked him to come out and before his very before everything was carter away plus beating.

Just pray to God they dont meet you in Isolo itire area of LAGOS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by mayorall(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:

Corrola Part No: 89661-02k20

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by tonerandsensors: 11:25am On Aug 31, 2018
bros sorry for your loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by olayinkajnr(m): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Nah, my ES330 suits me well for now, and I'll upgrade to a G35 soon anyways.

Kingreign may be interested, though.

Roxxy?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by ollah2: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Nah, my ES330 suits me well for now, and I'll upgrade to a G35 soon anyways.

Kingreign may be interested, though.

What year of ES330 do you ride?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Roxxy?

Ola. wink
ollah2:

What year of ES330 do you ride?

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by ApoOnline: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2018
If You Reside In Abuja

GoTo ApoOnline.Com.Ng

0909-6060-648

Sales And Delivery Of Authentic Automobile Spare Parts
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by AceVentura: 11:45am On Aug 31, 2018
Sorry for your loss. Hope you have comprehensive insurance cover on it.

They did same to my Toyota Avensis 2yrs ago.
It happened in my house with 2 security men on duty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 31, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
This is why I can never buy a Toyota. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. It attracts thieves like the way cattles attracts egrets. Do you by any chance have the part number on the former brain box that would be a good place to start.
buy Volkswagen, skoda, dodge, them no go hear.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by airsaylongcon: 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:

You can imagine.
Now finding a Brainbox that works with my car is difficult. I have tried more than 6 non is working for it. Tired already

Be methodical. Use your Vehicle ID No (VIN aka Chassis No) to search online for a list of the part Numbers. You should get the exact part Number for your brain box. Then search online if it can be replaced with alternative brain boxes. If it can note the part numbers as well. Armed with this you can storm the market to search for the appropriate replacement. Note that what we call brain box here are technically called Engine Control Units (ECU). So you are searching for the replacement part number for your ECU

4 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Wiseonetemmy(m): 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:
See What Corrola hunters did to my car.
They broke the small window, removed my Brainbox, side buttons, light and other parts

I have experienced this too. I was lucky the brainbox was still there though. Sorry bro, hope you have insurance?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by kingreign(m): 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:

You can imagine.
Now finding a Brainbox that works with my car is difficult. I have tried more than 6 non is working for it. Tired already

Contact me via 07034581213. I'd give you the exact part number for the brain box that will work with your car
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Bullhari007(m): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oooops:

You can imagine.
we donate zai Barbar lifeless brain as a replacement to your stolen brain box
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by FTjnr(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
i gave up on toyota the day i mistakenly locked my keys inside the car and a mechanic was able to unlock it with another key.

as it is now, i won't shed a tear if it gets stolen coz i no longer count myself as a car owner.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by valarinz: 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
jdleo32:

I swear to God. my neighbor slept in his car some nigth back becuase he couldnt pack in a secured environment.

The hunters came there and asked him to come out and before his very before everything was carter away plus beating.

Lol!! Abeg no use laugh kill person here

3 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by affable4(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
This looks like IDOWU RUFAI STREET in Ago palace way. A total of 5 cars(3 corolla and 2 matrix) mine inclusive.

@op try get in touch if you can.

Sorry though.

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Armstrong34(m): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2018
FTjnr:
i gave up on toyota the day i mistakenly locked my keys inside the car and a mechanic was able to unlock it with another key.

as it is now, i won't shed a tear if it gets stolen coz i no longer count myself as a car owner.
....mehn nairalanders too funny abeg...which particular Toyota is that
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by thebigkendo(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
AceVentura:
Sorry for your loss. Hope you have comprehensive insurance cover on it.

They did same to my Toyota Avensis 2yrs ago.
It happened in my house with 2 security men on duty.

Nawa oh... and i was thinking na only corolla & Camry problem embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by thebigkendo(m): 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
FTjnr:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by bobbiiee: 1:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
It's advisable to install a demobilizer with alarm system. The alarm may deter some from going ahead with evil intention.

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
Pele my fellow Toyotan, chai and this kain time way soup dey scarce for Eba like this. Na wa o. I come dey fear now, just went out to check my car to see if it's still intact...Thank God still in one piece for now grin.
Btw for my next car I'm planning on getting me a BMW 3 series. Any tips and suggestions on what to expect driving and maintaining a BMW? Also what are the limitations when taking out a comprehensive insurance on a used car?

2 Likes

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by thorpido(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
Mehn............never knew this thing was endemic.
It happened to my corolla 2004 too.Till now,i haven't replaced the parts.Just lethargic about it.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by FTjnr(m): 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
Armstrong34:
....mehn nairalanders too funny abeg...which particular Toyota is that

solara.
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Wiinnd(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
uboma:

This is the sad part.

try to contact radautoworks, she can source for it.
The same way the thieves sourced theirs from him for some customer. grin grin
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by anjilgreat(f): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
bobbiiee:
It's advisable to install a demobilizer with alarm system. The alarm may deter some from going ahead with evil intention.

You are right. Exactly what I was thinking. The alarm system will alert people around and force them to run away.

I had a similar experience with my Honda a few years ago, it's just that they only succeeded in removing the radio of my car. God help us with this insecurity situation in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by boyjo: 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
FTjnr:

How much you wan sell am?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by boyjo: 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
affable4:
This looks like IDOWU RUFAI STREET in Ago palace way. A total of 5 cars(3 corolla and 2 matrix) mine inclusive.

@op try get in touch if you can.

Sorry though.

"A total of 5 cars(3 corolla and 2 matrix) mine inclusive." were hunted?
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by anjilgreat(f): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
jdleo32:

Very sad situation.

1 Like

Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by boyjo: 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
Rainmania:
Pele my fellow Toyotan, chai and this kain time way soup dey scarce for Eba like this. Na wa o. I come dey fear now, just went out to check my car to see if it's still intact...Thank God still in one piece for now grin.
Btw for my next car I'm planning on getting me a BMW 3 series. Any tips and suggestions on what to expect driving and maintaining a BMW? Also what are the limitations when taking out a comprehensive insurance on a used car?

How much you wan sell the Toyota? grin
Re: See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car by Okewa(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2018
sacramento1212:
That's why me i don't even like this brand. Very boring and without a soul. If you must drive a Toyota, please budget for a comprehensive insurance and NOT a tracker. With a comprehensive insurance, you are covered should issues like this happen.

If the OP has done a comprehensive insurance on this ride, then it's for him to relax and the insurance firm will repair his ride. Sorry for your loss all the same.
insurance marketer sighted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Drives Into A Shop In Ado-Ekiti [see PHOTOS] / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos) / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.