Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? (14150 Views)

What Would You Do? (Breakup OR Forgive her?) / If This Hot Girl Would Cheat On You And You Would Still Forgive Her …guranteed / How Can I Forgive Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2010
I had what I thought was a lovely relationship with a man I met while in college. He's intelligent, creative, made me laugh alot and he was a very loving person. Always there for me and my family, nothing was too hard for him to do for my family. They all loved him.

To get to the point and to cut the story short. My sister had a boyfriend, they were having problems, they were together for almost 4 years when she found out she was "finally pregnant". When she found out, they started to have some serious problems, to the point they broke up. At that time, we (the family) didnt know what was the real problem as neither of them spoke about it, they just argued then she said they'd had enough and he left.

We were very supportive of her and the unborn child. My boyfriend would "fit in" now as the person to take her around. I sometimes even call him for her to take her places, and as usual, he never refuse, unless he's really tied up. He and my sister started to get so close, but ofcourse not, I wouldnt think anything of it, as she was hurting and he was a caring person, so I thought lightly of their closeness.

When the baby was born, the resemblance was splitting image of my boyfriend, quite interesting I said to myself, looking at the baby in the hospital. I didnt say a word, but obviously everyone in my family including him noticed what I noticed. My mother was the first to break the silence like a week after, she said it was a bother to her.

Surprizinly, both of them admitted to the affair they'd been having, and it was the reason for her and her boyfriend to break up, as her boyfriend found out and left her.

To this day, I havent said a word to the man I as with, it was never the right time to talk about it. I didnt want to hear, it was instant breakup. Going 5 yrs now. I grew very aprart from my family, didnt go there for a full year after the birth of the baby as it was too painfuly to look at the child and remember. He's innocent, and I dont want to hate him. As for my sister, I havent spoken to her as yet either and cant find it in me to forgive her.

Should I put it behind me and forgive my sister. Would you?

No question about the man, he's long history he's not even remembered. I've gotten over him ages.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Busybody2(f): 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
Carolece:

I had what I thought was a lovely relationship with a man I met while in college. He's intelligent, creative, made me laugh alot and he was a very loving person. Always there for me and my family, nothing was too hard for him to do for my family. They all loved him.

To get to the point and to cut the story short. My sister had a boyfriend, they were having problems, they were together for almost 4 years when she found out she was "finally pregnant". When she found out, they started to have some serious problems, to the point they broke up. At that time, we (the family) didnt know what was the real problem as neither of them spoke about it, they just argued then she said they'd had enough and he left.

We were very supportive of her and the unborn child. My boyfriend would "fit in" now as the person to take her around. I sometimes even call him for her to take her places, and as usual, he never refuse, unless he's really tied up. He and my sister started to get so close, but ofcourse not, I wouldnt think anything of it, as she was hurting and he was a caring person, so I thought lightly of their closeness.

When the baby was born, the resemblance was splitting image of my boyfriend, quite interesting I said to myself, looking at the baby in the hospital. I didnt say a word, but obviously everyone in my family including him noticed what I noticed. My mother was the first to break the silence like a week after, she said it was a bother to her.

Surprizinly, both of them admitted to the affair they'd been having, and it was the reason for her and her boyfriend to break up, as her boyfriend found out and left her.

To this day, I havent said a word to the man I as with, it was never the right time to talk about it. I didnt want to hear, it was instant breakup. Going 5 yrs now. I grew very aprart from my family, didnt go there for a full year after the birth of the baby as it was too painfuly to look at the child and remember. He's innocent, and I dont want to hate him. As for my sister, I havent spoken to her as yet either and cant find it in me to forgive her.

No question about the man, he's long history he's not even remembered. I've gotten over him ages.

Gawd, men angry

Has your Sister contacted you or made any effort to?
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2010
Busy_body:

Gawd, men angry

She tried but I ignore her, my mother even tell me its time I forgive, but I just cant. She knew we were together so if the man put the qestions to her, she should have let me know, or turn down his offer. She shouldnt have. Men are dogs, I expect everything from them, but I didnt expect it from my own sister.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Faher(m): 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2010
Now, I see the genesis of the hate cheesy

Sincerely though, it's always good to forgive whether or not the guilty party is apologetic.
As hard as it may be, it's the only way to move on in life.

Has your sister tried to talk to you or apologize?
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by queeneve: 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2010
HMMM, let me simmer on that a bit,
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by queeneve: 11:35pm On Jun 26, 2010
My sister never slept with any of my boyfriends and I HATE YOU FAHER!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by LadyDee1(f): 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
Easier said than done, but blood is thicker than water,

i know, its ironic, your sis didnt think of it than way when she decided to betray you, angry angry

But be the better person and open up communication channels with her,
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Faher(m): 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2010
Haha, I'm ROTFLMAO

It's natural queeneve, any lady who likes me, must be swinging the other way already cheesy
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2010
I have to stop hating before I can forgive her, as I cant stand the mere sight of her.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by MissyB1(m): 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2010
I have come to understand the negative and selfish side of man, that almost nothing , shocks me anymore.

Carolece:

Talk about it. Hear her side of the story and probably, his too.
This will help You understand the whole issue, from genesis to the end.
If I were You, I'D love to know why she did it.
Are they still together?
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 11:54pm On Jun 26, 2010
Faher:

Now, I see the genesis of the hate cheesy

Sincerely though, it's always good to forgive whether or not the guilty party is apologetic.
As hard as it may be, it's the only way to move on in life.

Has your sister tried to talk to you or apologize?

Thats not the only reason why I hate men. My dad! He was one of the worse men I've ever encountered. He was a w'hore, had so many kids outside the family, and he used to deprive us of basic necessities which he could afford. He beat us (kids and my mom). He was so disrespectful. I may sound cruel, but when he died, it was of great joy to me, I was a happier person when he died, and so were my siblings. My mother took it hard as she loved him dearly, but eventually she got over him after like two yrs and began a happy life with her girls (myself and 4 siblings).

My uncle who lived close to us, he was the biggest w'hore in the community, we used to tell lies for him as many women used to show up at the same time. Then, I didnt look at it as anything as I was too young to understand, but as I got older, it made me understand that the same can/will happen to me.

All the men I know cheat, every single one have kids outside their relationships/marriages, or have women that they are dating outside of the one they have.

Men I work with, they too have a tendency to cheat, its all around me. I just cant see myself in a relationship and trust. There will have to be an intervention from the higher one.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by queeneve: 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2010
DAMN YOU bleeped UP CAROLECE, IT MUST BE PAINFUL,

HEE HEE@FAHER, I ACTUALLY KINDA LIKE YA,
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 11:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
Missy B:

I have come to understand the negative and selfish side of man, that almost nothing , shocks me anymore.
Talk about it. Hear her side of the story and probably, his too.
This will help You understand the whole issue, from genesis to the end.
If I were You, I'D love to know why she did it.
Are they still together?
I dont think I really want to hear it at all. I just hope some day I will just forgive her on my own. Dont know if they are still seeing each other as I distanced myself from them. The topic just does not come up. I only speak to my mother via telephone, havent seen her for 3 yrs now. I avoid seeing her as she is the one taking care of the lil boy. Dont know if the father is playing any part in his life, I have zero clue what's happening and I dont think its my business.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Faher(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2010
queeneve:

DAMN YOU bleeped UP CAROLECE, IT MUST BE PAINFUL,

HEE HEE@FAHER, I ACTUALLY KINDA LIKE YA,

That's a first cheesy
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by queeneve: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2010
Faher,

Don't over your head, I SAID KINDA LIKE YA,

Although you like white chicks, I still kinda like ya, and you can handle the cardboards better than you can handle a real woman like me,

Don't go over your league,
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Faher(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2010
There she goes, busting my balls again.
No woman is out of my league cool
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by MissyB1(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2010
Carolece:

Thats not the only reason why I hate men. My dad! He was one of the worse men I've ever encountered. He was a w'hore, had so many kids outside the family, and he used to deprive us of basic necessities which he could afford. He beat us (kids and my mom). He was so disrespectful. I may sound cruel, but when he died, it was of great joy to me, I was a happier person when he died, and so were my siblings. My mother took it hard as she loved him dearly, but eventually she got over him after like two yrs and began a happy life with her girls (myself and 4 siblings).

My uncle who lived close to us, he was the biggest w'hore in the community, we used to tell lies for him as many women used to show up at the same time. Then, I didnt look at it as anything as I was too young to understand, but as I got older, it made me understand that the same can/will happen to me.

All the men I know cheat, every single one have kids outside their relationships/marriages, or have women that they are dating outside of the one they have.

Men I work with, they too have a tendency to cheat, its all around me. I just cant see myself in a relationship and trust. There will have to be an intervention from the higher one.

Carolece:

I dont think I really want to hear it at all. I just hope some day I will just forgive her on my own. Dont know if they are still seeing each other as I distanced myself from them. The topic just does not come up. I only speak to my mother via telephone, havent seen her for 3 yrs now. I avoid seeing her as she is the one taking care of the lil boy. Dont know if the father is playing any part in his life, I have zero clue what's happening and I dont think its my business.
**Sighs** How much effect the enviroment has on us!!!
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by queeneve: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2010
THIS WOMAN IS
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 12:13am On Jun 27, 2010
Some people care and some dont. I care and I pay close attention to what happens around me. I am not nieve and wont say "that cant happen to me" as everything has already happend anyways. I always expect the worse, if or when I get the best, I cherish it and the person, sing praises and shout hallejulah, but now I am hating to the best of my ability. Until men can show me they can be good then I will change my thoughts about them and my hatred towards them.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 27, 2010
Dont know what to tell ya, dont think I'd even have the heart to forgive such a person. Women are their own enemies.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by IyaBasira: 12:27am On Jun 27, 2010
Did you say it's been five years? Since you spoke to her?
It's probably time to move on, then.

Dont get me wrong. Its not possible for me to take this situation lightly because family members are as off-limits as you can possibly get.

When I say, move on, I don't mean sellotape a smile to your face and act like it's all rosy. I mean begin with the first step and pray about it.
As in, pray long and pray hard. Talk to God about it. Nowadays people equate moving on with either getting revenge or seeing the person who hurt you get knocked down by karma's bitchiness or living in a quagmire of self - pity where your life is lived in terms of "Oh, how I wish this person had never come into my life , my life has never been the same ".

I think what your sister did was the most terrible thing any sister can do ,  but would you be willing to imagine how she feels now? Sometimes we don't realize the implications of the things we do until we have done them and by then its faaaaaar too late to change anything. Just speak to her the next time she calls and really talk to her. Ask her all the questions you want to ask her. You will not forgive her immediately, but at least be willing to take that first step.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 12:31am On Jun 27, 2010
I pray alot, without prayers I dont know where I would be now. Its going to be hard to take the first step, but I hope I will in the near future though.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by topup: 12:34am On Jun 27, 2010
Oh Carolece, I'm so sorry about this, it sounds extremely painful, I've never been there before, but I do advocate forgiveness, if you can even consider it, you are a very mature and sensible woman. No one is perfect, it does show your sister's immaturity though. Human beings are all different, but if you can forgive her, then do so, this does not mean that you have to be the closest of friends and do all things sisterly - after all it is such an awkward situation which you've been placed in.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by saintneo(m): 12:59am On Jun 27, 2010
@poster
U sound very much like my friend. she is so locked up in her cage that i advised her to become a nun.

U might have encountered the wrong men vis-a-vis ur home, office, school, everywhere; but be assured that not all are the same.

Now back to ur sister, I think U should forgive and forget. I even wonder how you pray
I pray alot, without prayers I dont know where I would be now.
how can U pray with such a heavy heart?

3 years is a very long time staying away from your family. My deductions, I believe U lack focus and progress in your dreams; this is because, your mind is clouded w/ hate.

As a man, I have being such situations not romantically, but in business - however, I didn't stop walking, currently I'm having the greatest fun in my life.

It's high time U confronted the enemy, in other to make peace.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 1:13am On Jun 27, 2010
saintneo:

Now back to your sister, I think U should forgive and[b] forget. I even wonder how you pray how can U pray with such a heavy heart?[/b]

My deductions, I believe U lack focus and progress in your dreams; this is because, your mind is clouded w/ hate.

Forget?
So are you telling me because I have a heavy heart I shouldnt or cant pray. Please, this doesnt make sense to me at all. Utterly nonsense!

If you are referring to being successful in life. You also have that wrong, as I am the most successful person in my family (mother and sisters). I have accomplished more than all of them combined, and its not like I am saying this to make it seem like I am praising vanity or being better than them in any way shape or form.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Carolece(f): 1:14am On Jun 27, 2010
topup:

Oh Carolece, I'm so sorry about this, it sounds extremely painful, I've never been there before, but I do advocate forgiveness, if you can even consider it, you are a very mature and sensible woman. No one is perfect, it does show your sister's immaturity though. Human beings are all different, but if you can forgive her, then do so, this does not mean that you have to be the closest of friends and do all things sisterly - after all it is such an awkward situation which you've been placed in.

I will allow time to help me deal with it. Thanks
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by minute(f): 1:42am On Jun 27, 2010
It's awful to have something like that dwelling on

a family relationship. Whenever you feel like you're

ready try talking to her about it. You need to get over

it sometime or another. Maybe she'll even come to you

first and talk to you about it. undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 27, 2010
@Carolece a Simple Sms is alright. jUST SMS Her u forgiving her and she messed up by doing that.from there ur strong heart will start to get melt and pick her call then tell her it over.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by madlady(f): 6:28am On Jun 27, 2010
Carolece:

That's good, he's not worth  one second of your time.

Your sister's part in this is almost unforgivable, but, if you are able to forgive then it would be the best thing for you.

I do not have a sister,but if I did I am not sure I would be able to do the above embarassed, but I know that by forgiving her it would make my life easier.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by saintneo(m): 7:15am On Jun 27, 2010
Carolece:

Forget?
So are you telling me because I have a heavy heart I shouldnt or cant pray. Please, this doesnt make sense to me at all. Utterly nonsense!

If you are referring to being successful in life. You also have that wrong, as I am the most successful person in my family (mother and sisters). I have accomplished more than all of them combined, and its not like I am saying this to make it seem like I am praising vanity or being better than them in any way shape or form.
OK! That is the more reason you should forget. You are very much ahead of them, take this as an opportunity; you never know what lies ahead.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2010
Busy_body:

Gawd, men angry
Hey busybody, though, i am one of your fans on NL. So, sorry, i have to do this:

but, shut the f up. Whaddaya mean gawd men? I mean, blood is thicker than water or so they say.
So, what if i am your man and your blood sister now seduces me? Now, we all know it is easier to
seduce a man (most of the time). And what was the sister thinking f**ing her sisters guy when she
has her own for how many years?

Well, i dont know the full story on the other side sha, but i wont rush to condemn women or men.

The kinda problem with carolene is that, she may turn out to become a man-hater or a dyke = i pray
that is not your case sha.
Anyway, my advise is that, if you are not in a relationship, you might as well hang out with a male
friend - even if it is just a platonic rel., just dont lock yourself up.

@madlady, i salute oh. FL and MissyB, great to see you both.
Re: My Sister Had My Boyfriend's Baby. Forgive Her? Not? by slex(m): 9:27am On Jun 27, 2010
@poster sorry about your experience it is indeed a very sad thing especially when u get betrayed by family, i've bn there so i know exactly how you feel. But wht i did was never lock my self up cos as there are bad,cruel eggs amongst us also there are good eggs with us too. I am now having a wonderful relationship so i believe you will find someone. Your last guy didnt deserve you he's a pig and a silly fellow for him to even have the audacity, courage and temerity to bleep your sis, i blame your sis too cos she knew you and the naughty person. Your psyche too has bn affected cos of all the men around you which you say are all cheats well, see that as opportunities to view the darkside of men so u can equip urself to be strong in times like this cos u will still see others who are as gentle as a lamb.loll. For your sister please forgive her and the hating , is a matter of choice. If u decide not to hate you will not, it is not by force you forgive her and start being all over her case,noo, forgive and give yourself time to trust her or better still let her fight for your trust but once bitten twice shy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Lady Stay 3_4 Months Without Sex? / Baby Oil Gang!! Lagos Girl With Big Boobs Opens It For All To See - More Photos / If God Is Willing To Make You A VIRGIN Again, Will You Accept?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.