Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,809 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

"The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (44557 Views)

2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is My Project For Presidency - Senator Ali Ndume / 2023 Presidency: Senator Anyim Pius Anyim Ticks All The Boxes / Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

What do you mean by very few igbos. Name Buharis cabinet for me. Every state produced a minister. Every other member of the NEC is at the discretion of the president. Igbos are well represented in buharis cabinet
Of coiurse, isn't that the hook you guys use. So, besides every state producing a minister. What about the other positions? Chief of Army, Navy etc and the heads of parastatals?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Afam4eva(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

Which major position did PDP entrust igbos with?
You've not been paying attention because i mentioned them in my previous post.

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
Trash

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by biomedics(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
I'm particularly not interested in Igbo presidency, the only thing that can salvage us is true federalism where equity and equality reign.
With true federalism, abuja will be made less attractive thereby bringing out the best in each region.
Also with true federalism, greedy politicians will lose interest in the system and only those interested in genuine leadership would be at the helm of affairs.
Saraki exposed a hidden agenda though not hidden to some of us.
The writer didn't write in the interest of Igbos he was paid to spew gibberish.

Come to think of it, how does Buhari presidency makes the life of an average kastinian better?.

What did Yoruba in general and ogun state in particular gain from OBJ's 8yrs in aso rock.

Let's face the object instead of shadow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
VocalWalls:

You’re right about needing to play the national game. However, majority of igbos aren’t subscribing to that strategy.

I still insist, only Igbo leaders and a few others are interested in an Igbo presidency.

The majority don’t care

The bolded is the problem. We complained of how OBJ gave Dangote monopoly of cement and many other goods as against Ibeto my brother. Today Dangote is the richest man in Africa. We cant get Biafra by shying away from the thick of things ir even. Even if we get Biafra, its wife we do it by politicking and smart negotiations rather than hate and bile because we will still need inter country ties and relationships to suceed.

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Bridget95(f): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

You think being a jobless IPOB criminal makes you more Igbo? Onye ara. Otolo gba gbu kwa gi there.
what happened to Benue and taraba states after supporting APC/Buhari? APC will not give Igbo Presidency. What happened to Ngige and Onoh including other igbos in APC? Do you see them appearing in APC high profile meetings? APC was formed by yoruba and Hausa top Muslim politicians for one reason:TO ELEVATE MUSLIMS OVER CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA in the short run and islamize Nigeria in the short run. We pray that the killing of Christian don't resume after APC possibly wins again in 2019.

Truth!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by jumper524(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
Holuwarsweun:

u Guys won't do your research well be4 coming here to type nonsense
read this..
https://www.nairaland.com/4696293/truth-igbo-presidency-senator-saraki/4#70603255
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afam4eva:

You've not been paying attention because i mentioned them in my previous post.

And i answered you appropriately in how long it took them to acheive that despite our illustrious son being a founding member as against a party we hated ab initio
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by jumper524(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Kwarans love saraki so much....

But they hate that lying mantis lai mohammed.

https://www.nairaland.com/4696293/truth-igbo-presidency-senator-saraki/4#70603255
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by DemonInSiege: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Next wailer please

YOU REASON LIKE PROPHET MUHAMMAD THE CHILD RAPIST

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afam4eva:

Of coiurse, isn't that the hook you guys use. So, besides every state producing a minister. What about the other positions? Chief of Army, Navy etc and the heads of parastatals?

Head of parastatals are not in buharis cabinet. There are 4 service chiefs CDS is from Ekiti, COAS is from NW. CNS is from Crossriver, Chief of Air staff is from NC. Southeast and Buharis NE did not get i didnt hear the Northeast crying foul. Moreover it took PDP 13 years to give southeast a single service chief position in Azubuike Ihejirika. Dont you see that you are just trying to give the dog a bad name to hang it?

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by DSoj(m): 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
Apart from Rochas, all Igbos love Saraki and are ready to vote for him

I'm a Yoruba and I will as well vote for him

That's my decision and it is best known to me

Best known to me alone

When U say ur reason is best known to U and Y cant bravely say the reason, THAT REASON IS DEFINITELY A DUMB REASON U are not proud to say openly.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Calers: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Am a yoruba,the only igbo I can vote for is ogbonnaya onu,I don't care what people say.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Ojiofor: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
jumper524:
you think kwaralites are stupid for kicking against saraki?

When did they kick against Saraki,Saraki is still a senator representing people of Kwara state.

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by thegoodone1234(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
We should stop about say one tribe being a President. When OBJ was president of Nigeria, is the whole south West people be s billionaire or there is no poverty is the south west then. Now that GMB is president, can we say all the northern are enjoying. I am not say we should not rotate the president but the issue now is how to stop the killing in Nigeria and how the economy we improve? the most important thing's is to change our system. its not the issue of party or tribe. we should emulates USA. we NNE to decentralise the Power or regional system or one single term for president and governor.

4 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
safarigirl:
who will vote for the Igbo man? You think the North will automatically vote for an Igbo man because he is in APC? Your folly is great and grave.

Thankfully, most Igbo people do not reason like this. Presidency is not the problem of the average Igbo man, in fact, it has been proven that Igbo people when in power, rarely even help other Igbo people.

The north will not vote for an igbo man because they have been bitterly insulting and undermining them calling them all manner of unprintable name. And igbos has continued to be the vocal haters of their illustrious son PMB. If igbos had been playing the right game. Once Buhari endorses any igbo man its already 10 million votes in the bag. But no we must insult everybody to be heard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Afam4eva(m): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

Head of parastatals are not in buharis cabinet. There are 4 service chiefs CDS is from Ekiti, COAS is from NW. CNS is from Crossriver, Chief of Air staff is from NC. Southeast and Buharis NE did not get i didnt hear the Northeast crying foul. Moreover it took PDP 13 years to give southeast a single service chief position in Azubuike Ihejirika. Dont you see that you are just trying to give the dog a bad name to hang it?
Are heads of parastatals not appointed by Buhari? Don't play coy with me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Alexk2(m): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
TolaTosin:

Name one thing an Igbo president will do for the Igbo man selling spare parts at onitcha or shut up for life
Personally I don't care where the president come from as long as he genuinely represent the interest of the entire country and put an end to unpatrotic, selfish and corrupt leaders we've been having all along....but sorry to say, your assertion reek of hypocrisy on all side. If igbo presidency won't mean anything to SE region, why is your likes crying of marginalization, why will it mean anything for biafra actualization? Why playing party politics(though with sentiment) with all strenght and vigor?....I'm not surprised though, it seems an average igbos don't really know what they want though I salute those who choose to stand out and tall despite persecution from within. Sorry bro.

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by VocalWalls: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

The bolded is the problem. We complained of how OBJ gave Dangote monopoly of cement and many other goods as against Ibeto my brother. Today Dangote is the richest man in Africa. We cant get Biafra by shying away from the thick of things ir even. Even if we get Biafra, its wife we do it by politicking and smart negotiations rather than hate and bile because we will still need inter country ties and relationships to suceed.

Bro, you don’t know how to converse on a straight line, or maybe you just can’t acknowledge facts.

Our talk is about igbos wanting or not being interested in the presidency.

Yes it’s a problem that we don’t care. But it is what it is that Majority of us don’t care about the presidency.

Our talk wasn’t about it being a problem or not.

How is it you accept that it’s a problem that we do not care about the presidency, yet you refuse to accept that igbos don’t want the presidency.

I no just understand you.

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Ojiofor: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
Meanwhile,Tinubu have contracted his Joe Igbokwes to start writing epistles that touches the heart to Ndi Igbo.
Even those who on daily basis here has been saying after Buhari it's Osinbajo will turn aroundand join in preaching the poisonous gospel of Tinubu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afam4eva:

Are heads of parastatals not appointed by Buhari? Don't play coy with me.

I did not say not appointed by PMB . They are not memebers of his cabinet. I.e the Federal Executive council comprising of 36 ministers, Chief of staff, SSG, Vice president, Media heads of the presidency and Service chiefs.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
How do you want others to know how you feel when you don't participate in national politics
Make us feel like we are needed in the national politics
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by graphiti: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

The north will not vote for an igbo man because they have been bitterly insulting and undermining them calling them all manner of unprintable name. And igbos has continued to be the vocal haters of their illustrious son PMB. If igbos had been playing the right game. Once Buhari endorses any igbo man its already 10 million votes in the bag. But no we must insult everybody to be heard

Yyeske:
OP, you even forgot that it was the Igbos who refused the rotational presidency under PDP all because they wanted Jonathan to win in 2010 2015
The SE is supposed to be having the presidency now but look at where we are.
Gbum!!!
that action was d greatest boomerang of all time!

if they had allowed d north complete their 2nd term, 2019 would have bn theirsvan a platter, because d SW (remember the sw stood solidly behind GEJ in 2010 to complete yaradua's) would've had no reason not to support them in 2019.

Truncating that flow three a big spanner in their political space. Moreover, the hatred spewed on d rest of Nigerians by the secessionists did a lot of damage to whatever 'bond' dt hitherto existed BTW SE and d rest.
The hate spewed by secessionist leader wasn't the crux ofvd matter but the huge support and followership he commanded. it was like he was speaking their mind.
so sad!

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
VocalWalls:

Bro, you don’t know how to converse on a straight line, or maybe you just can’t acknowledge facts.

Our talk is about igbos wanting or not being interested in the presidency.

Yes it’s a problem that we don’t care. But it is what it is that Majority of us don’t care about the presidency.

Our talk wasn’t about it being a problem or not.

How is it you accept that it’s a problem that we do not care about the presidency, yet you refuse to accept that igbos don’t want the presidency.

I no just understand you.

I understand you now. Igbos dont want presidency.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Charly68: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
Our people have not learnt yet,may be in 2027 their head will be correct ..
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2018
akiOYIBO:

Make us feel like we are needed in the national politics
Nobody would drag you in, you have to force yourself in just like others did.

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alexk2:

Personally I don't care where the president come from as long as he genuinely represent the interest of the entire country and put an end to unpatrotic, selfish and corrupt leaders we've been having all along....but sorry to say, your assertion reek of hypocrisy on all side. If igbo presidency won't mean anything to SE region, why is your likes crying of marginalization, why will it mean anything for biafra actualization? Why playing party politics(though with sentiment) with all strenght and vigor?....I'm not surprised though, it seems an average igbos don't really know what they want though I salute those who choose to stand out and tall despite persecution from within. Sorry bro.

The below bolded is the reason of the indifference of being the president

"A group of boys were going to the field to play, he came accross a mango tree and on top of the mango tree is a ripe nice and delicious looking mango, this mango enticed them so much that they started using stones to bring it down from the height it is. They tried this for many hours but could not. One of them said to the other, "I think that mango up there is sour, so wont be sweet" the other boy agreed with him and they walked away without feeling bad"
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
Bridget95:
what happened to Benue and taraba states after supporting APC/Buhari? APC will not give Igbo Presidency. What happened to Ngige and Onoh including other igbos in APC? Do you see them appearing in APC high profile meetings? APC was formed by yoruba and Hausa top Muslim politicians for one reason:TO ELEVATE MUSLIMS OVER CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA in the short run and islamize Nigeria in the short run. We pray that the killing of Christian don't resume after APC possibly wins again in 2019.

Truth!

Who told you they dont attend meetings of high profile. Ngige and Onu are members of Federal Executive council and senior Ministers. Stop spreading misinformation. Ngige was to be the Senate president in 2015 but you people denied him that now you are crying for NGige
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by positivethought: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

Nobody will give you such promise, you have to earn it. You refused every overtures from APC when the party is being formed, now you want an express promise. No way. Show commitment and get the ticket through the right politicking.
so the APC don't even accept rotational zoning?, besides I remembered that the Igbo's through APGA were trying to forged a collective bargain prior to joining APC before Rochas out of selfish interest jump the gun scampered to join APC ahead of his kinsmen just so as to claim to be a pioneer founder of the party in SE,n it's no wonder that he is now laying claims of first right to the presidency come 2023 when APC will hopefully Ced it to the Igbo's, you condemn your brothers for playing bad politics because they supported PDP n APC won,have you ever seen the northerners behave the way you people do?,so if Igbo's supports APC n per adventure APC lost the elections you will still blame them for playing bad politics?, from the revelations coming out Tinubu n the SW will hardly accepts APC ceding the presidency to the SE in 2019 so take note,buhari has failed, the talk of his invincibility in the north n nationwide is nonsense, it's better for Igbo's to work with a formidable platform n candidate who will accept n guarantees a SE presidency in 2023 to realise their goal else come 2023 you shall be compiling new Lamentations, I'm from the middle belt n I truly wish for an Igbo presidency mind you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by selemempe: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

Jonathan and co. release the greatest and most dangerous brand of ethnic and religious politicking in 2011 which peaked in 2015, but when Nigerians and PMB overcame that dangerous scourge, the result was the birth of a deadly virus into the Nigerian political space called Nnamdi Kanu. Unfortunately it has infected a lot of unimmuned people from my place.
Yyeske:
How do you want others to know how you feel when you don't participate in national politics
two very unwise people insulting their own tribe while counting 'likes' from the enemy.

U all forget that the enemy who are giving u those likes and making it seem u are making sense will be quick to throw u under the bus along with the rest of ur tribe when the opportunity calls.

I was once like u in 2014 when i was castigating my ppl and campaigning for APC. I learnt tho.

There is a place for certain discussions...and here is not the place for this discussion

4 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Ojiofor: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2018
akiOYIBO:
But Okorocha is there. Oji Uzo Kalu is there. Give them presidency in 2023 we will be happy grin

Even Ngige,Nnamani,Andy Uba etc...
They have a lot to choose from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Oyetola As Governor Of Osun State / Ogun State At 40: List Of Dignitaries From Ogun / Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Suicide Bomber, Kill More Terrorists In Borno. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.