Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

"The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (44563 Views)

2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is My Project For Presidency - Senator Ali Ndume / 2023 Presidency: Senator Anyim Pius Anyim Ticks All The Boxes / Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
jumper524:
you think kwaralites are stupid for kicking against saraki?
my friend go and watch how Saraki is being disgraced on a daily basis in Ilorin with the chants "Saraki ole, jegudu jera ole". We are just tired of him. He is a thief. Bailout upon bailout, still no payment of salary arrears, pensions and promotion arrears. No project to show for it. Governor cannot do anything without his knowledge, and u believe we Kwarans will want to continue like that. He collected all the bailouts from the gardner of a governor. Not again, not even his candidate for the post of a cleaner.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
khalhokage:
So Igbo presidency is more important to you than good governance.
Good governance comes with you participating instead of hating and acting as if it's not your business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afam4eva:

Of course. Maybe you can tell us why we have very few Igbos in Buhari's cabinet. I don't care if you guys suport Buhari but don't try to play with our sensibilities. We are no fools. The last thing Buhari will do in this world is to hand over to an Igbo man. PDP are no saint either but atleast they've trusted on with some positions that were denied us in the past.

What do you mean by very few igbos. Name Buharis cabinet for me. Every state produced a minister. Every other member of the NEC is at the discretion of the president. Igbos are well represented in buharis cabinet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
DemonInSiege:

YOU'RE A ZOMBIE
Next wailer please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
VocalWalls:

Moghalu just like sowore is contesting based on qualifications and his intentions to make a difference. Not because of the need for an Igbo presidency.

For moghalu, sowore and even durotoye, it’s not an ethnic mandate

Really? But moghalu is a igbo abi? Which ethnic mandate is Saraki coming under?

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by JERRYDON005: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
OP .. ABEG BRING ME CHEAR MAKE I SIT I THINK THIS PLACE IS INTERESTING but mind you Saraki always make sense and he kn ows politics unlike your mentor

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
ObaIgwe1:
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Einstein

I made similar post yesterday but as usual many Igbos do not agree with me.

Tjen you are the one that is out of ppint. You can go lick a terrorist ass to become anything you want.

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
But Okorocha is there. Oji Uzo Kalu is there. Give them presidency in 2023 we will be happy grin

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afam4eva:

Of course. Maybe you can tell us why we have very few Igbos in Buhari's cabinet. I don't care if you guys suport Buhari but don't try to play with our sensibilities. We are no fools. The last thing Buhari will do in this world is to hand over to an Igbo man. PDP are no saint either but atleast they've trusted on with some positions that were denied us in the past.

Which major position did PDP entrust igbos with?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by arcike(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
I am nt surprised at dis write up... all dis "my papa say I b Igbo" ppl... young man wat would we nid d presidency 4 dat our brodas frn onsha,nnewi,aba e.t.c can't offer us?... we hv Igbo's dat are single handedly constructing roads in der community, providing electricity etc... oga Igbo's don't nid d presidency 4 anything

5 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by VocalWalls: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
You must be at the helms if affairs to influence that 'business friendly environment'.

As a nation on its own. Not the presidency. You should know this.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by khalhokage(m): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Good governance comes with you participating instead of hating and acting as if it's not your business

"Hating and acting as if it's not your business" That's what you got from my statement?
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by OlaAshawo: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
[s]
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
Writing in bold doesn't make you look intelligent cheesy
[/s]
trash trash trash

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by OlaAshawo: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2018
PapalsBull:
Osibanjo is a vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2018
safarigirl:
lol....Kingskey Moghalu that was exposed as a fraud looking to capitalize on the misfortune of the 112 Owerri women?

His epic gaffe yesterday has reduced his chances in the eyes of sensible Nigerians. I was almost excited about him until he was brutally disgraced, y'all better find someone else.

Even the Chike Ukaegbu is a more reasonable human being
I dont know of his fraud case and i dont support him. But. He is an igbo. Take it or leave it. Presidency is not something you can just wave away like that as nothing. Presidency is a very powerful position. Imagine an igbo man ruling this country for 8 years

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by VocalWalls: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

Really? But moghalu is a igbo abi? Which ethnic mandate is Saraki coming under?

Let’s not argue. Let’s communicate.

Moghalu is not on an Igbo mandate. You should know this.

I’m not contending over saraki’s mandate. I was responding to your opinion about Igbos wanting the presidency over anything else.

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2018
The Yoruba has never been threatened with presidency before. So what is the rationale behind the spiky and detrimental actions and words about the Igbo being president in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Elliot2(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2018
this kind of afonja politics is the reason why we are not progressing as a people.

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by safarigirl(f): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

I dont know of his fraud case and i dont support him. But. He is an igbo. Take it or leave it. Presidency is not something you can just wave away like that as nothing. Presidency is a very powerful position. Imagine an igbo man ruling this country for 8 years
who will vote for the Igbo man? You think the North will automatically vote for an Igbo man because he is in APC? Your folly is great and grave.

Thankfully, most Igbo people do not reason like this. Presidency is not the problem of the average Igbo man, in fact, it has been proven that Igbo people when in power, rarely even help other Igbo people.

9 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
kaorama:
And who told OP that Igbos are mad about Nigerian Presidency? Igbos don't need to be President to flourish. All Igbos need is fair playing ground and the right to dictate our development pace. If OP knew where Igbos found themselves economically after the civil war he/she would know that we are not a tribe to be intimidated. Allow is to utilize our resources and strenghts, then you would know we don't need your presidency to realise our dream as a region
How do you get that 'fair playing ground' if you don't participate in national politics, how do you want others to hear your view when you decide not associate with them?

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by stat(m): 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2018
Good Points Here Abrg.....Respect
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by VocalWalls: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

You cant get sovereignty or at least restructuring without playing the national game. If igbos had gotten the Senate presidency in 2015 at least we would have had someone to front what we want for us. But in 2015, southeast was the only region that did not produce Senators from the 2 majors political parties.

You’re right about needing to play the national game. However, majority of igbos aren’t subscribing to that strategy.

I still insist, only Igbo leaders and a few others are interested in an Igbo presidency.

The majority don’t care

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
OP, pls apply the 'Sidan look' approach.

Sensible Igbos are on the same page with you for numerous valid points you made.

Those lambasting you are group of evilish young men who are in their minority.

They are SATANIC AGENTS FROM COVEN OF DARKNESS.

They are IPOB MEMBERS - AGENTS OF THE ACCUSED DEVIL.

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
The marginalisation, the cold blood killings and murders of the Igbo. Is it also part of the 2023 presidency?

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by hush15: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=madridguy post=70600154][/quote]

mugu, so its the likes of Buhari, Tinubu, Yahaya, Ahmed Lawan, Ameachi, Akpabio, Itse Sagay, Keyamo, El rubbish abi wetin dem dey call am that is been sincere with you?

My friend, what you need is a mixture of pure cement and sniper to heal you

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
VocalWalls:

Let’s not argue. Let’s communicate.

Moghalu is not on an Igbo mandate. You should know this.

I’m not contending over saraki’s mandate. I was responding to your opinion about Igbos wanting the presidency over anything else.

Good. Bro as long as any nwa afor want to contest a president its an igbo presidency. I know that its not an igbo mandate, talking about muoghalu. But you cant tell me that Presidency is so inconsequential that we can do away with it just like that. I can tell you that the talk of igbos not wanting presidency is just a way to show contempt for what has eluded them one way or the other. Igbos lost their chance when Jim Nwobodo and co played saboteurs to Ekwueme in Jos. Since then we have been committing one goof or the other politically, dismissing it as igbos not wanting/caring about presidency.

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
VocalWalls:

As a nation on its own. Not the presidency. You should know this.
How do you get that nation of yours?
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
The Igbo stance is simple and clear: if u want this country to belong we, treat us as such.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by kinguwem: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
The problem of the Igbo's is not producing a President but good governance. The Igbo's need restructuring & creation of a Biafran Republic.
The late Major General Aguji Ironsi was a Supreme Leader; what benefit did the Igbo's get. The late Rt. Hon. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was Governor-General/President; where is his legacy in Igboland. Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, immediate Past President's main supporters where from the South South & South East; what did he do for them.
Good governance is not giving persons from a particular Zone/State political appointments but enabling all citizens to benefit from dividends of democracy. We should look for leaders who can deliver instead of trying to line up behind a failed leader.
The Igbo's mustn't support APC to get a shot at the Presidency. Their aspiration can still be achieved in other political parties. However, the ones glamouring for Igbo presidency are doing so for selfish interest. The igbos have already stated what they want: good governance, restructuring & a referendum for the creation of Biafra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
Saraki or no Saraki-2019 will depict a new hardlined Igbo. Saraki, FFK and others wll be disappointed
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
akiOYIBO:
The Igbo stance is simple and clear: if u want this country to belong we, treat us as such.
How do you want others to know how you feel when you don't participate in national politics

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2018
This post is trash and divertionary. The next president after Buhari will be an Igbo. The political sentiment will not favour a Yoruba. But I imagine that Yoruba will love to have some measure of control by deciding which Igbo leads APC. I foresee an Igbo only candidate across political parties. I believe Nigerians have had enough of Biafra agitation or claims of Igbo marginalization. These agitations must not continue.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At NNPC Mega Station,kano / Photo Of Buhari On A Phone Call With Osinbajo / British Government Releases Official Statement On Ibori's Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.