Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447391 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AnaCheks(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
nurey:

It has a good review generally. But if you can avoid the 2.7L V6 engine, that engine has been ranked problematic on NL
Thanks a lot
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
seen it now

thanks

[quote author=HeavenlyBang post=87516803][/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DivyaRose: 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oga Nurey,

Please help compare, sharan car auto vs manual. How wide apart is maintenance btw the two. It's for comercial purpose.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
DivyaRose:
Oga Nurey,

Please help compare, sharan car auto vs manual. How wide apart is maintenance btw the two. It's for comercial purpose.

Manual is always easier to maintain than automatic but the tiptronic automatic isn't bad either. But for me I don't have issues driving a manual in traffic so manual for me especially since it is for transportation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DivyaRose: 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
nurey:

Manual is always easier to maintain than automatic but the tiptronic automatic isn't bad either. But for me I don't have issues driving a manual in traffic so manual for me especially since it is for transportation.

OK, thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nameflow(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
Please is the Nissan xterra a good first time family car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nameflow:
Please is the Nissan xterra a good first time family car.

It's an offroad SUV if you are comfortable with its fuel consumption. You are good to go.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nameflow(m): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
nurey:

It's an offroad SUV if you are comfortable with its fuel consumption. You are good to go.
is the fuel consumption better in the Nissan xtrail.. I have been following your discussion on the xtrail seems like you think it is a fantastic vehicle.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nameflow:
is the fuel consumption better in the Nissan xtrail.. I have been following your discussion on the xtrail seems like you think it is a fantastic vehicle.

What I think doesn't matter, the Xtrail is a fantastic vehicle. Yes the fuel economy in the xtrail is better than the xterra since xtrail is a tall sedan (CUV)

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
Which year of this xtrail is good boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nameflow(m): 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2020
nurey:

What I think doesn't matter, the Xtrail is a fantastic vehicle. Yes the fuel economy in the xtrail is better than the xterra since xtrail is a tall sedan (CUV)
thank you for your response
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bowintrillz(m): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2020
Hello house
Please for a first time car
I'm thinking Honda Accord 09/13
And Honda Civic 2013..
Comparing them as regards value for money..which should I go for please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Galil: 9:47am On Mar 21, 2020
bowintrillz:
Hello house
Please for a first time car
I'm thinking Honda Accord 09/13
And Honda Civic 2013..
Comparing them as regards value for money..which should I go for please
As a first time owner I will suggest you go for the CIVIC.
It's more economical and would serve you well.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
nurey:

Hyundai Elantra

reasons

1. More recent in your list

2. if it was bought brand-new then you are in luck as it would have the least mileage of the cars, you are certain it isn't accidented, flooded, rusted or salvage vehicle. It would also have less wear and tear in internal parts you will just focus on leg work and not always faulty. The car would have been treated with great care in 1st 4years if you are more lucky it is personally owned not company owned then the owner too would continue the Care after warranty elapses.

3. The engine is the most affordable of the lineup, while the 2az of the Camry is the most expensive, though if you buy the V6 Camry with 1mz that Engine too is cheap probably cheaper than the alpha and gamma Engine of the Hyundai.

4. Elantra is not a robber magnet, custom magnet or police magnet, it blends well in the background.

5. In terms of original OEM parts the Hyundai is fair compared to Toyota.

Following this advise, about to close a deal on an Elantra, was bought brand new, a 2008 elantra and was used since then, man said he changed the engine sometimes last year, we tested it tho drives well, need leg work tho..just want to know if it's a good buy, quite neat also.. said it's 2.0litre engine variant...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
olaboyeh:

Following this advise, about to close a deal on an Elantra, was bought brand new, a 2008 elantra and was used since then, man said he changed the engine sometimes last year, we tested it tho drives well, need leg work tho..just want to know if it's a good buy, quite neat also.. said it's 2.0litre engine variant...

Only the technician who did the inspection can certify it. But generally elantra is good
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
nurey:

Only the technician who did the inspection can certify it. But generally elantra is good

Thank you boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
nurey:

Because another person was mentioning civic 06 - 08..the thing just tire me
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kaybaba5(m): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
I need my first car, am thinking Camry tiny light naija use or Honda Civic 08 naija used.
Budget is 700k

Pls advice
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bharkarh(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2020
Dear House,

I intend going into E-hailing and 2 cars has been suggested to me which are;

1. Nissan Sentra 2005

2. Kia Cerato 2008

In terms of reliability, ruggedity, access to/ cheapness of spare parts, and also the price of the engine should an unforeseen issue surface, which would you advise I go for.

Your suggestions will be of great help in decision making.

@ Oga Nurey and others, you could as well recommend a better car.

Regards,
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Galil: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kaybaba5:
I need my first car, am thinking Camry tiny light naija use or Honda Civic 08 naija used.
Budget is 700k

Pls advice
You cannot get a good civic at that price so your best bet is the camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2020
bharkarh:
Dear House,

I intend going into E-hailing and 2 cars has been suggested to me which are;

1. Nissan Sentra 2005

2. Kia Cerato 2008

In terms of reliability, ruggedity, access to/ cheapness of spare parts, and also the price of the engine should an unforeseen issue surface, which would you advise I go for.

Your suggestions will be of great help in decision making.

@ Oga Nurey and others, you could as well recommend a better car.

Regards,

Sentra is good and parts cheaper than cerator. Though cerator is more recent and looks better and modern.

The issue with sentra is the cam and crank shaft sensor they can cause wahala in the middle of nowhere grin

I did say buy the Kia cerator as the Koreans are trusted
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by bharkarh(m): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
nurey:

Sentra is good and parts cheaper than cerator. Though cerator is more recent and looks better and modern.

The issue with sentra is the cam and crank shaft sensor they can cause wahala in the middle of nowhere grin

I did say buy the Kia cerator as the Koreans are trusted
thanks a lot Boss. Would go for the Kia then.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DivyaRose: 11:10am On Mar 24, 2020
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by blackbone989(m): 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
If ur friend came to u for advice with an option of car to use for as a family guy which will u recommend (a)Honda accord btw2002-2004, camry 2001-02,Volvo s60. He works n earn 8ok monthly.married with kids.all Nigerian use. Budget 650k max will b used mainly sat n Sun cus he goes to work with company bus so sat incase of wedding n Sunday for mass n any other outting
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
blackbone989:
If ur friend came to u for advice with an option of car to use for as a family guy which will u recommend (a)Honda accord btw2002-2004, camry 2001-02,Volvo s60. He works n earn 8ok monthly.married with kids.all Nigerian use. Budget 650k max will b used mainly sat n Sun cus he goes to work with company bus so sat incase of wedding n Sunday for mass n any other outting

Four-cylinder Accord.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ArchEnemy(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hello good people

Why is it that I see them advicing people not to get a V6
I drive a corolla and am thinking of changing it soon
Am tired of the uninspiring performances of the i4 ; despite the fuel economy

Am thinking of maybe a 2010 camry....a SE V6 or
A lexus < 2.6M
*(I prefer a v6 2009 rav 4 which is unaffordable for me at the moment)

Should I just stick with the corolla till i can get the rav 4?
Or please enlighten me on my preceding choices
I dont want to have the 'had I known' regrets
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
ArchEnemy:
Hello good people

A lexus < 2.6M

@Bolded, what's uninspiring about a corolla engine's performance?
That corolla i can easily push to 180km/h and sustain it at that speeds for over 1hour?

For a car that size and engine of that size, that engine performs well and the powerband is good in that car. I actually prefer its power delivery to Camry i4.
Well, maybe the corolla you've been driving have CORONA VIRUS.

Anyhow sha, to each his own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ArchEnemy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
KINGreignn:

@Bolded, what's uninspiring about a corolla engine's performance?
That corolla i can easily push to 180km/h and sustain it at that speeds for over 1hour?

For a car that size and engine of that size, that engine performs well and the powerband is good in that car. I actually prefer its power delivery to Camry i4.
Well, maybe the corolla you've been driving have CORONA VIRUS.

Anyhow sha, to each his own.

lol @ corona virus
It does well atimes to be honest..... but I dig great passing power
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
ArchEnemy:
Hello good people

A lexus < 2.6M

Because four cylinders are, by nature, less complex than six cylinders. Also better fuel economy.

Get a Camry V6, it's decently quick. If you thirst for power, look at an Acura TL Type-S, or an Infiniti G35 (07/08).

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by blackbone989(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2020
I heard the g35 drink fuel like Honda pilot

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
blackbone989:
I heard the g35 drink fuel like Honda pilot

You heard right. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ArchEnemy(m): 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
Please, Does acura ball joints also tear apart since they are made by Honda?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.