Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? (17972 Views)

What's The Light Situation In Your Area? / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by AtomElect: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
For the past 4 days here ota, not upto 3 hours.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Spainze007(m): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Sincerely speaking... it has improved* I am proud of this admin...

Reporting live from *Mowe city*

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by adedayoa2(f): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nedukkc:
very soon you will start thanking him for the air you breath A** licker
if he's not done well shebi you would have mentioned his name too.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by tambiri77: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
For Garki area abujà 24 hour everyday. Non stop

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Seun4blue(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
In Akure, Ondo State. Minimum of 12hours

Gbogi, Korede, Owode, Adegbola, Bypass, Adinlewa - at least 12hours (4+4+4) per day. And sometimes 18hours.
So electricity has greatly improved.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by emmie14: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shame to you Nigerians you don't have shame. 7hrs electricity.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Thebwoy: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
It is buharic
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by iluvdonjazzy: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
that's how light normally improved during raining season.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by mcgift(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
reporting from ijebu ode in ogun state

out of 24 hour

we got 5-6 hour of light form 7pm-12am
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by allexpensive: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
Sambisa. Very stable.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by thaoriginator: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shortyy:

Owerri..
Ok, nice. You look sweet thou.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by ivandragon: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
thaoriginator:
shockedshockedshocked

Only you reporting for locations at once?

lol...

not my fault ooo.

I move around a bit & those are places I have 'accommodation' (let me not say houses before efcc starts probing me for having more than 1 'place of residence'...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by frowland(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
Donald95:
Arriaria district in Aba Abịa State.

Light has improved significantly at least out of 24 hours, we get light for about 16 hours.

Bill ranges from 3000 to 5000 unmetered

Same with my area in Lagos.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Jax1: 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
How many megawatts of electricity are we generating in this country for 180 million people before we start talking about having power supply.

In my area there is nothing like light.. What many people are celebrating here is pure mediocrity. I must be mad to be celebrating 12 hours of electricity when others are having same electricity 24hours nonstop, month to month, years to years in sane climes.

Honestly, the sit tight syndrome in this cage of a country doesn't help.

My visit to Singapore reawaken a brand thought in me about what development should be.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by alenwup(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
ivandragon:
Wuse 2, Abuja - 12-16 hrs

surulere, Lagos - 10 - 12 hrs

Festac, Lagos - 6-8 hrs

Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti - 4-8hrs...
Only you live in all of these places?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Pinklet97(f): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
Two Saturdays ago, a group of youths in my area summoned NEPA for a chit chat and almost beat them to a pulp. For the past 4 years we have been suffering in silence. you wouldn't believe that since that Saturday, even the water in the fridge compartment is blocked. lol. wisdom is profitable to direct. after all " The violent taketh it by force"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by kinguwem: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mayo Dasa, Jalingo, Taraba: no electricity for two months due to faulty transformer. Money was contributed by consumers for repairs of the transformer but PHCN officials still need more money to purchase transformer oil
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by ivandragon: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
bedspread:
SO that Evil @ Bolden is still on..

that is when there are no issues...
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by diegwu02: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
royalamour:
18 hrs Daily. That's because of the increase in water level courtesy of the rainy season.
So you think hydro electricity supplies the whole nation.. Do you know how many gas powered Turbines are presently supplying the national Grid?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Reelmii: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
Perfect

In fact, perfect is even an understatement

For the past few years now, I've never seen or experienced what darkness is

There's light 24hrs daily here

I've never heard the sound of generator all this while as well

@Diaspora
I'm reporting from the State
smh..... who is talking to u. we are talking about Nigeria not the state
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by olaolaking: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
yeyeboi:
If You Have Not Seen Light Before Come To Ahmaddiya , Ijaiye Ojokoro AswearuGod you go fear steady power supply 100percent
My hood. Ajala
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by ivandragon: 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
alenwup:
Only you live in all of these places?

some of us have more than 1 abode...
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nigerians could be stupid at times. If you can't get 24/7 power supply during rainy season, then I wonder when you will? Go read philosophy of science and technology and quit being ignorant. This season is when rain water floods the dams which are used to generate power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by MrHighSea: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Commendable in Nsukka. 10-15hrs/day. Bill is 1k max.

Better in Calabar. No meter. But I'm owing close to 200k. For a small flat with 3 occupants, no AC, no heater, just basic appliances, PHED bills 15-22k monthly.

I go soon pack comot sef.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by bedspread: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
ivandragon:

that is when there are no issues...
I use to be in dt zone when in Nigeria and it's always being terrible except during the Rainy period
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by TinyHacker: 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
revolt:
Lagos.. ipaja..omo the light na die. 2 days on one day off . And the day on days ...the lights erratic and terrible. Perhaps 3hrs or 4hra out of 24hrs. Then during festive periods an automatic detonator blows the transformer in sophisticated precision.
It's just stupid, they say 2 days on, 1 day off yet you get just like 3-4 hours light each days and complete darkness for that day off.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
Many nlers in this section are lying about the improved power situation in their areas they didn't mentioned.Infact,90% are BMC.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by dandok07(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
Light has been really OK in my area. Sasa area in Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by frowland(m): 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
revolt:
Lagos.. ipaja..omo the light na die. 2 days on one day off . And the day on days ...the lights erratic and terrible. Perhaps 3hrs or 4hra out of 24hrs. Then during festive periods an automatic detonator blows the transformer in sophisticated precision.

Which area, as I stay around there at the moment. As I type there is light and it have been on since with 2 hours/1hour take and bring intervals. Maybe your actual location is having a transformer problem not a general problem.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by olaolaking: 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jax1:
How many megawatts of electricity are we generating in this country for 180 million people before we start talking about having power supply.

In my area there is nothing like light.. What many people are celebrating here is pure mediocrity. I must be mad to be celebrating 12 hours of electricity when others are having same electricity 24hours nonstop, month to month, years to years in sane climes.

Honestly, the sit tight syndrome in this cage of a country doesn't help.

My visit to Singapore reawaken a brand thought in me about what development should be.
Who ask you for epistle? How is supply in your area and you are writing essay. Who says we are celebrating it?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by bujebudanu1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
gudu abuja.

top notch grin
22 to 23 hrs daily
they take and bring back in 5 mins or 2mins
madt people

just pray it doesnt rain else forget light for that day grin
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
good!... 18 hours daily, if Joe gave me light these much, I wouldn't have voted bubu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Metele Attack: Buhari Summons Service Chiefs / Dogara Plans To Shock APC, Femi Gbajabiamila / Atiku’s Witness Weeps At Tribunal, Says APC ‘thugs’ Shot Two During Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.