Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,951 members, 7,956,588 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? (18436 Views)

What's The Light Situation In Your Area? / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / Please How Is Light Situation In Your Area Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by remi1444: 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
mommaJ:
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET. https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
I'm in no way trying to discourage you, but i feel it is proper and easier to get him a job if you make this kind of post on Twitter and mention influencers, politicians and Celebrities. I'm sure he'll be gainful employed by His grace in no time.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by daslad(f): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
Obantoko/Asero axis is not only the worst area per light issue in Abeokuta only, but in Nigeria.

Even IBEDC can confirm this to you.

Can you help explain why a 2bedroom flat cannot exhaust a 100kwh of light since February? I'm even still having about 20kwh left!
That's to tell you how worse the power here in Asero is.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by ISAACOLOYEDE(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
At my area Idi Aba/Kemta housing estate it is very poor 2hours in every three days or four days .
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Rieausta(f): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
Atleast 20 hours light a day, sometimes almost d whole day.....reporting from Jikwoyi, Abuja
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Lanreolas(m): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
improve a little from 6 to 8hour in total hours in month of 30 0r 31day.
reporting live from IDU-KARMO, AMAC ABUJA
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Antcolony: 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
Those up there saying they get supply for 16,17 n 15 hours daily r we not in the same Nigeria? Here around new layout behind Liafa hotel katsina state we dnt get up to 5hours supply per day,after any heavy rainfall we dnt get supply at all.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Innobee99(m): 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
ivandragon:
Wuse 2, Abuja - 12-16 hrs

surulere, Lagos - 10 - 12 hrs

Festac, Lagos - 6-8 hrs

Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti - 4-8hrs...
U go Sabi Waka oooo

Man of the people
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by DannyJ19(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
spiceadole:

I think Electricity situation in Uyo is poor generally... ABAK road, no light since December
Yes..
Recently power supply have reduced drastically in most places.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by mommaJ(f): 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=remi1444 post=70655623] I'm in no way trying to discourage you, but i feel it is proper and easier to get him a job if you make this kind of post on Twitter and mention influencers, politicians and Celebrities. I'm sure he'll be gainful employed by His grace in no time. it is a nice idea. I have been meaning to open a twitter account...maybe I should get on it already. Thank you sir
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by 11doubledee: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
royalamour:
18 hrs Daily. That's because of the increase in water level courtesy of the rainy season.
Wrong notion, not up to up 25% of Nigeria's total electricity generation comes from HYDRO.
Just kanji, shiroro and zamfara.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by NorthernSerene(m): 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
dahmie2013:
Reporting 4rm Oke Odo, Abule Egba, Lagos. Light 4 20hrs. 9am-6pm, 10pm-7am. A significant improvement.
At my side, it's very bad 'cause we are only given Mon, Wed, Thur Fri & Sun that's 5 days in a week which is not stable at all, somes weeks we will not even see it and the bill ranges from 2500 to 3000. Mtcheeeeeew!
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by rikatrina: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
I have never seen light in Sagbama, Bayelsa State
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by ivandragon: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
bedspread:
I use to be in dt zone when in Nigeria and it's always being terrible except during the Rainy period

its still terrible.

if you notice, I didn't put 'daily'. apart from Abuja, those other places are not really regular, but when there is light, that's the longest it stays (intermittently) over a 24 hr period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
If una want truely see how God differentiate day n night, come to my village. I can authoritatively tell u dat 24hrs NO LIGHT is guaranteed. Keana,nasarawa state.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by royalamour(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

But we experience d worst around my area.. Dat is Mangoro cement down to dopemu.. No light

That's sad. Maybe you should approach the PHCN by writing an official letter of inquiry.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by udumosam23(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
Emusan:

Awilo ooo
Wolideya?

Litawa-otawa, wenomon.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by ivandragon: 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
Innobee99:
U go Sabi Waka oooo

Man of the people

lol...

where ever an honest deal can be made, I try to be there...
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by royalamour(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
11doubledee:

Wrong notion, not up to up 25% of Nigeria's total electricity generation comes from HYDRO.
Just kanji, shiroro and zamfara.

It is usually not good around my area during dry season.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by royalamour(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
uglodoh:

What has water level gotten to do with this? We have more of thermal/ gas and coal power stations than hydro power stations.

It is usually not good around my area during dry season. See where I got my deduction?
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Johnsonpac(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
5hours per day in ondo town, ondo state
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Lot13(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Akoka, Lagos 15/18hrs

Ashi/Bodija, Ibadan 21/24hrs.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by royalamour(m): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
uglodoh:

What has water level gotten to do with this?

Recall that Nigeria still generate power from Hydro Power Dams?
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by jokotus: 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
four hours in a week Nigeria brewries lagos Abekuta express sango
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by royalamour(m): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
diegwu02:
So you think hydro electricity supplies the whole nation.. Do you know how many gas powered Turbines are presently supplying the national Grid?

It is usually not good around my area during dry season. You now understand?
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by olajizz01(m): 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Here in Ifon,Osun,we have 20/22hours light.They may took it 5/6times in a day,but after 1/2minutes,it always restored.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by joshkke(m): 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Odogunyan, Ikorodu Lagos. 16 hours per day with 2 gaps of four hours each in between
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lagos.
Guaranteed 12hours everyday.
6am - 9am, 2pm - 6pm, 10pm - 3am.
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
joshkke:
Odogunyan, Ikorodu Lagos. 16 hours per day with 2 gaps of four hours each in between

Nice
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by anethcharly(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
My area kubwa (kagini) abuja

Unlimited light there..
They only off it when d weather is bad, or stormy for safety reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by BhossTee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nasir123:
Not a good on in Yenagoa.

Once in 3weeks.
Where in Yenagoa? though the light is not as stable before but we do have light up to 10hrs here opolo
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
rikatrina:
I have never seen light in Sagbama, Bayelsa State

Hahaha! Are you serious?
Re: What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? by gidjah(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2018
Asquare84:
my area is gbagbalape in aso c, nyanya abuja light has improved to like 24 hours in a day without a blink, bill 3500 a month um meter it will be share among four flat so in a month i pay like 800 or less
so I have a neighbor here on NLD sef!the world is such an enclose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki Won’t Return To Senate, APC Vows / Possible Rift In Boko Haram / Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.