Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT (66402 Views)

Schools In 14 States, FCT Risk Attacks, Says FG / Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) / How The 36 States Got Their Names In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Adelaide2: 10:49am On Aug 28, 2018
Niorte:
I mean no disrespect...

The East always top in WAEC but cannot boast of same in terms of higher (university) education.

I suggest the eastern people be encouraged to always obtain a university degree..

Such feat should not end with WAEC

In which planet do you live? Certainly not in planet Earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Niorte: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2018
Akanti50:

which states produce the highest number of Medicine and Surgery graduates, Law graduates, Engineering graduates, Pharmacy graduates... Igbo Igbo Igbo.
Imo and Anambra.
Go do your findings..
I'm not here to support or oppose any tribe. Could you please give me a link to a statistics on that? That will change my view. During my service year, I was with all Igbo corps members, the impression created did not suggest the waec statistics above. These were people who went to Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni, UNN, and other universities in the East.

1 Like

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Niorte: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2018
Adelaide2:

In which planet do you live? Certainly not in planet Earth.

Both of us are not in planet Earth then. I'm replying you from planet Mars....
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Adelaide2: 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Niorte:

I'm not here to support or oppose any tribe. Could you please give me a link to a statistics on that? That will change my view. During my service year, I was with all Igbo corps members, the impression created did not suggest the waec statistics above. These were people who went to Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni, UNN, and other universities in the East.

There are no national statistics on university graduation rates of states in Nigeria. But there are many for admission rates. We have thrashed this issue on Nairaland every year and concluded that SE, led by Imo State, has the highest admission rates as shown by nany years of data.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Adelaide2: 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
Niorte:

Both of us are not in planet Earth then. I'm replying you from planet Mars....

I am right here on planet Earth. You are truly in planet Mars.

1 Like

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by nickxtra(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the 2018 ranking of all the 36 States, plus the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja in Nigeria.
Abia tops the chart, ahead of Anambra, Edo, Rivers and IMO state.

The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the 2018 ranking of all the 36 States, plus the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja in Nigeria.

Abia tops the chart, ahead of Anambra, Edo, Rivers and Imo states.

However, some states have risen above the positions they were during the last ranking.

Cross River State moving from 28th to 20th, while Yobe State drops to last position.

Below is the latest WAEC ranking of the 36 states and the FCT:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/08/02/waec-abia-anambra-lead-nationwide-2018-may-june-wassce-results-see-full-list/
Lalasticlala
I love my dear Edo state- In the past few years, it always come top among the top 5 states in all developmental index in Nigeria. Thanks to good governance as provided by Adams Oshiomole and continued by his successor, Gov. Obaseki
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by kayfra: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
South West education has gone to shit

Congrats to SE and SS. Job well done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by bankyblue(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
oneclickng:

i bu onye ara. Nwa mugu

I know say Na waiting u use pass ur waec be that, sorry my talk pain u. Lifeless person like u tongue
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by bankyblue(m): 1:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
mamaafrik:
wahala hi,imo and abia are nothing but trash,i may not know of others ooooo, but i served in imo state and the lha is a boarder town of abia,it is worse to the extent that iindigenes always come home to pass their waec from other state,and the system is so funny,except very few catholic schoola whose Father is very upright,any ibo from those two states that can use is left eye to swear to it dat dat ranking isnt largely due to exam malpractices should please quote me....

My brother! I served in umunba indiagu, in ezeagu lga of Enugu state. My brother that is where they buried the placenta of exam malpractice.
I took my time to go round the local govt in that state and I wept for the Igbo race, in relation to education.

Waec need deliverance for making that list go public, and also should be fined for spreading FAKE NEWS
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
...igbos are the most educated tribe in Nigeria and they don't make noise about it. They are leading in almost all educational and economical indices. Good people, great tribe and resilient and hardworking folks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Trendirabingi: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Ok...pele.
e pain u well well,.. na rotten pathetic individuals like u wey dia role models na cultist n thieves like bukola saraki, dey resort to insulting ppls parents like cowards, instead of facing d problem wey dey worry u..no home training because u be complete manifestation of a wayward destitute..bringing more curses ontop ur already disfuntional self..continue, sadly, dat pele u need am well well... Shake head 4 u..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Chinachriss(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
Niorte:
I mean no disrespect...

The East always top in WAEC but cannot boast of same in terms of higher (university) education.

I suggest the eastern people be encouraged to always obtain a university degree..

Such feat should not end with WAEC

What are you implying? That Igbos don't obtain university degrees or what? Don't be delusional. When next you want to argue, argue with facts.

From available statistics, Igbos led by my Imo have the highest admission rate in the country.
Imo has consistently topped JAMB's list as the state with highest candidates for the exam and also is placing first as the state with highest number of admitted students.

Stop spewing forth rubbish.

We are not your mates.

You guys should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. After three terrific years of disillusionment, devastation and obliteration called the Nigerian Civil war, Igbos rose like the phoenix bird and are excelling marvellously all round. We have overtaken like in the 50's and 60's.

I here megbuchaa unu niile.

We peak. It's in us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by SarakiBukola: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
Trendirabingi:

Trendirabingi to his useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother :
e pain u well well,.. na rotten pathetic individuals like u wey dia role models na cultist n thieves like bukola saraki, dey resort to insulting ppls parents like cowards, instead of facing d problem wey dey worry u..no home training because u be complete manifestation of a wayward destitute..bringing more curses ontop ur already disfuntional self..continue, sadly, dat pele u need am well well... Shake head 4 u..

Look again at your lengthy epistle and tell me again who's pained the more grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Trendirabingi: 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Niorte: 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2018
Chinachriss:

What are you implying? That Igbos don't obtain university degrees or what? Don't be delusional. When next you want to argue, argue with facts.

From available statistics, Igbos led by my Imo have the highest admission rate in the country.
Imo has consistently topped JAMB's list as the state with highest candidates for the exam and also is placing first as the state with highest number of admitted students.

Stop spewing forth rubbish.

We are not your mates.

You guys should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. After three terrific years of disillusionment, devastation and obliteration called the Nigerian Civil war, Igbos rose like the phoenix bird and are excelling marvellously all round. We have overtaken like in the 50's and 60's.

I here megbuchaa unu niile.

We peak. It's in us.
Lol....do you know my tribe?
One of the attributes I saw during my service year: pride. But igbo ladies....fantastic!

Ifeyinwa and Ifeoma come to mind...lovely Igbo girls

1 Like

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Trendirabingi: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Trendirabingi: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Look again at your lengthy epistle and tell me again who's pained the more grin grin grin
jobless bukola saraki prototype, U even dey standby on nairaland, dey watch mention. grin grin. ..kai..na u dey for iyaba left psychia like dat wit legatin syrup for ur hand..? grin grin..d mad enter ur skull, walahi grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by BENITAPUSSY: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ekez:
Ew we have done it again,
Make dem free biafra dem say no.
The more dem oppress biafran ,the more we grow stronger..
With miracle centers all over the east,this is the same place where with CCTV on they cheated in jamb.
I don't believe the list abeg.
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by redflame: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2018
BENITAPUSSY:
With miracle centers all over the east,this is the same place where with CCTV on they cheated in jamb.
I don't believe the list abeg.

Pele, your unbelief is inconsequential. Sorry o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Akanti50: 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
Niorte:

What impression were you expecting from them, to say ause(house), ohm(home), elp(help), hoffer(offer) or what?

For the link you asked for here they are:-
https://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/JAMBAdmittedCandidate.pdf

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Akanti50: 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
Niorte:

More on Imo...

IMO lead in all these:
Law..
Medicine..
Administration
Pharmacy (female)..
Science..
Social science..
Agriculture..
Education..
Arts..
Imo takes it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Akanti50: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
Medicine is a course that required high intellect hence people with high intelligence pass and get admission on merit...

Imo, the giant of Education In Nigieria.

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Akanti50: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
Niorte:

The best performing school at the WAEC 2016/2017 Examination is FGGC Owerri from Imo state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Niorte: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2018
Akanti50:

What impression were you expecting from them, to say ause(house), ohm(home), elp(help), hoffer(offer) or what?

For the link you asked for here they are:-
https://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/JAMBAdmittedCandidate.pdf
Great work you did! Thanks for sharing the stats.

However, I observed from the JAMB stats that IMO state has the lowest admission rate though they have highest number of applicants. What the stats suggest is that while 10 people from the East apply for admission, only about 2 get admitted. Meanwhile, in a state like Benue, when 10 people apply for admission, about 6 get admitted. In other words, the ratio of applicants to admission is lowest for the eastern states....that still validate my point
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by redflame: 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
Akanti50:

The best performing school at the WAEC 2016/2017 Examination is FGGC Owerri from Imo state.

FGGC OWERRI is a unity school. This shows that students are definitely going to be from various states of origin. From south east , south south and sometimes south west. The principal may be from any southeast or south south state, believe me.

So the credit goes to FG, not IMO state.
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by redflame: 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
Akanti50:
Medicine is a course that required high intellect hence people with high intelligence pass and get admission on merit...

Imo, the giant of Education In Nigieria.

I love this statistics, but it doesn't prove Imo came tops. It shows IMO, anambra, delta, abia and Enugu are doing well.
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Akanti50: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
redflame:

I love this statistics, but it doesn't prove Imo came tops. It shows IMO, anambra, delta, abia and Enugu are doing well.
Imo leads in
Law..
Medicine..
Administration
Pharmacy (female)..
Science..
Social science..
Agriculture..
Education..
Arts..
What else does the statistics prove?

Also the most educated state in Nigeria today.
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Akanti50: 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
redflame:

FGGC OWERRI is a unity school. This shows that students are definitely going to be from various states of origin. From south east , south south and sometimes south west. The principal may be from any southeast or south south state, believe me.

So the credit goes to FG, not IMO state.
I understand you but the school is in IMO state and no state can compete with IMO people in admission in any school let alone the one in their backyard. FGGC remains our ajebo girls anytime anyday, their swagg and beauty will get you tripping, my school GSSO(Government Secondary School Owerri) is their neighbor, just fence demarcation. We used to make holes those days on the fence just to sight the beautiful damsels grin grin grin.
We sabi book pass them sha, back in the days we used to have students that made all "A1s" in all their subjects back to back.
GSSO My Alma mater!
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by Akanti50: 12:00am On Aug 29, 2018
Niorte:

However, I observed from the JAMB stats that IMO state has the lowest admission rate though they have highest number of applicants. What the stats suggest is that while 10 people from the East apply for admission, only about 2 get admitted. Meanwhile, in a state like Benue, when 10 people apply for admission, about 6 get admitted. In other words, the ratio of applicants to admission is lowest for the eastern states....that still validate my point
Great work you did too!. Thanks for sharing the stats.
However, I observed from the NYSC ICT DEPARTMENT that the distribution of the National Youth Service Corps Members by STATE, sex and DISCIPLINE shows that the state you claim has the lowest Admission rate troop out more Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Art graduates, Administration Graduates, Pharmacists (female), Science graduates,..Social science graduates, Agriculture graduates, Education graduates at the same time than ANY STATE IN THE COUNTRY BACK TO BACK. It means every part of IMO is educated smiley
What can you say about that?
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by TundeBricklayer: 6:29am On Aug 29, 2018
Niorte:

Kindly go through the list and tell me the states with highest admission in degree awarding institutions

Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by mamaafrik(m): 6:35am On Aug 29, 2018
redflame:

Your hate and envy are inconsequential. Most state run schools have been ceded to missionary establishments. Are you just knowing this?

Pls find somewhere and swallow stone joor.... Hate-filled loser.
envy and hate.........,anuofia,i thought you are going to refute my claim with a tangible excuse but what has ceding got to do with my claim ...................,i won't be surprised if you were assisted too becauses your logic doesn't preach education.
Re: WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT by mamaafrik(m): 6:40am On Aug 29, 2018
Akanti50:

More on Imo...

IMO lead in all these:
Law..
Medicine..
Administration
Pharmacy (female)..
Science..
Social science..
Agriculture..
Education..
Arts..
Imo takes it all
please can you share the link of your source with us

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Saw This In My Student's Note Book Today. Who Can Explain Please? (photo) / See What A University Student Still Does / My Jamb Result Without Any Expo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.