Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Just When I Wanted To Propose - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just When I Wanted To Propose (8370 Views)

How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by omega25red(m): 7:31pm On Jun 28, 2010
my question is do those oil companies really pay that much $8000 dollars a month?? shocked i'm in the wrong profession

oh yea forget that chick she already left you for someone else since you didn't want her to see you in lagos. she decided to go stay with another guy who had a place but now you have money so she will be all yours lol
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by semid4lyfe(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
Story, story. . .story
Egberi o. . .yaah a
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by topup: 4:32am On Jun 29, 2010
I advice you see her, find out the reasons, ask her and test her reasons, you never know what the truth is, following your instinct in this case is unnecessary, just wait for her to tell you her reasons, and then decide upon how you feel.

After all you don't want to be the one in future feeling like you've missed a good thing, and were too proud to forgive. I must admit, her behaviour and refusal to see you was a little strange, but maybe she declined because she thought a hotel stay would put her in an uncompromising position - the girl in question sounds very young too.

Just hear her out, suck in your pride for a few seconds, be chivalrous, the bigger man, and if you need to walk away with your head held up high.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by thejonny09(m): 6:29am On Jun 29, 2010
@poster I will take it that u made a mistake instead of 8000$ u were about to write 800$. I work in d same industry and I know that newly employed with no previous experience in d job do not earn up to that amount. You can earn up to 500-800k that’s if u are very good and was badly needed for a replacement. To prove your critics wrong name the company.

As for your girl women are insecure when u r not committed to them. Your constant refusal of her to wherever cabin u stayed was wrong. This insecurity most likely pushes some of them to seek for double assurance somewhere else. I know your thought is that she is cheating on you anyway that’s too fast to conclude even though it’s possible. Throwing away a ring was to hash a decision and childish. Go meet her and sort things out nothing is as good as marry a girl that has been with you and supporting you when life was f…king you up, you will enjoy the relationship more than picking a stranger now that the money has come.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by kindway: 6:45am On Jun 29, 2010
Don't mind all these women running their post any how.
1. What is she doing in Lagos, did she tell you, Is it for an interview or with another man or with a family or ?.
2. Is it her first time of comin to Lagos that way without informing you.
3. Why on heart can't she inform you that she is coming to lagos.
4. 5 years of relationship is not a joke oo and she was waiting for you to hit it big all these years.

Don't be irrational in your decison. Talk to her, hear her view, is she still intersted, is she the same girl u know 5 years ago. is she still into you?

Be good, be calm and be careful.

Then Pray.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 29, 2010
Move on dude, just another silly woman who thinks the world shld revolve around her. There is no fathomable reason why she shld travel all the way to Lagos without informing you (as you live there) and then respond to you in such disrespectful and insulting manner.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by blackwood(m): 7:57am On Jun 29, 2010
@ayanfemy
i considered her my everything and can spend whatever i have on her.

@thejonny09
i am a programmer/database administrator, I a not a newbie in my field, they usually bring in expartriates to do what i'll be doing and they spend more on them. The pay is unified worldwide. My grade in France,Russia or America in the same company earn the same.

@topup and kind.way
Thanx a lot i appreciate your comments.

@Davidylan
Thats exactly how i felt at that moment in front of her school gate

I have arranged to see her today but i'm not telling her anything. i'll update you all. Thanx for all the help. Nairalanders are great
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Chiuba: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2010
Abeg wot is wrong with travelling?For God sake why are u concluding the matter without hearing from her?That means u do not trusth her.After all dnt u make ur own travell without calling her?Pls reconsider ur actions and make up with her
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Druss(m): 9:44am On Jun 29, 2010
You sure you were a poor broke man before?

What kind of idiot that was poorly paid before throws away a 180K naira ring? What dumbness is that?
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by kpolli(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2010
wait, the idiot threw away the ring sha,
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by oisehumen(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2010
I have arranged to see her today but i'm not telling her anything. i'll update you all. Thanx for all the help. Nairalanders are great
[quote][/quote].

Why won't you tell her about the new job?
Have u forgotten she has been there been patient with you all these years even when you could not afford to rent just a room?

Common, wake up guy and come back to your senses. You have not even heard her side of the story, yet you have concluded.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
@ Poster,
Dude, just one piece of advice for you. . . Be very Patient wif urself. Never make rash decisions u'll ever live to regret. 1 luv.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by FaLeroy: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
Abeg, too much story!!! wia did u apply  and is there still vacancy? You never collect salary, you dey burn money. Abi, you said you got the letter last wk no be so? wink
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Orikinla(m): 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2010
I am an insider in all the oil companies in Nigeria.

There is more fiction than fact in your love story.

Name the oil company.

Many posts on the romance board should be moved to the fiction section of the literature board.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Bamise(m): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2010
I don't believe this poster. Is it possible to throw away a ring worth 180k based on flimsy excuse?
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by ud4u: 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2010
$8,000 a month which is equivalent to 1.2m a month, and throwing away 180k ring, please convince me more to believe this story
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by GudLion(m): 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2010
1, Do away wif the plan of getting married now;, You are not just matured for marriage.
2, Don't lose this gurl or break up the relationship on minute and childish excuse like this.
3, GROW UP man, just GROW UP!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Bamise(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2010
bros, you don't know how to lie at all. do you think those on nairaland are morons?. Please, take your dirty lies somewhere else.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by DoubleN(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
I hope your case is that or of 'Money miss Road' o!. How can you throw away a 180k ring??Where you high or what??
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2010
chaircover:

That was totally lost on the poster or is the joke on me? embarassed

Knowing David, I think it is! undecided
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by titsqueez(m): 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2010
Man get rid of that poor excuse for a woman. Wit that kain money na senators daughters u go dey squeeze.  grin
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by lovehateNG: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2010
I’ve been lurking on nairaland for over 5 years , maybe more, but I had to finally register an account today to respond to Mr. Blackwood.

Mr. Blackwood, I wish I could see you and draw your ear and pound your head well well!

Please LISTEN to me like  a brother – well well!.

Your first mistake is meeting that girl today as you plan.

Women are too sly, too cunning , too smart.

No one knows exactly what she was doing in Lagos. She is the only one that knows.  She has now ha d sufficient time (not that girls even need sufficient time) to create a fine tale for you.  The simple truth is:
(1) for a close boyfriend & girlfriend – her coming to Lagos without informing you is a NO-NO
(2) to respond to you rudely is also is a NO-NO.

So whether or not your first instincts are right i.e, that she was/is two-timing on you (something I am 98% certain is what actually is going on); the two points above are more than enough justification to end the relationship.
As my mother always tells me.  Every woman has the blood of Eve running through her veins.  Women are notorious for having plan B’s and plan C’s.  This woman is not for you.  I have so much to say, but not enough time.

I am very very concerned for you… I feel like most men (myself included) when love don shack our brain we no dey fit reason again.

So I’ll tell you something,

You are clearly a praying man,  God answered you and blessed you with a FANTAStIC job by any standard.

You know what, God also blessed you and revealed to you – that this lady in UI is NOT FOR YOU.  God worked it out such that your surprise visit occurred on the day she was on her own offshore job probably with another client.  DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT ignore this signal grace from God.  Do not ignore this blessing from God. God has shown you the way. 

God has  done a new thing for you in your career and He will do a new thing for you in your love life. Trust him and move on.

I go dey pray for you, because I fear very strongly, that this woman will deceive you and tomorrow you will FOOLISHLY – VERY FOOLISHLY marry her!

May God give you wisdom & strength.

P.s.  I don’t care about the N180K ring. Yes it was a hasty action., but better to lose 180K than to be tormented during a lifetime of an unhappy marriage with a potential gold digger and unfaithful spouse. Consider the NGN180K  as your insurance penalty.

BRODA SHINE YOUR EYE!  RUN FORM THIS GIRL!  DELETE ALL HER NUMBERS!  RUN O! RUN O! I DON WARN YOU.  I don get small experience with these babes. I DON WARN YOU!  I am so concerned about you – a complete stranger, that I had to open a new account .  please heed my warnings. 

P.P.S  If this story is fiction and you've wasted my precious time responding to you, then may God JUDGE YOU MIGHTILY!!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by anitabest(f): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2010
if you really love her, u beta go back 4 ur own good.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by kashmo: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2010
@lovehateNG, you worry oo! First na advice, then u ended up swearing for the poster. Anyhow, you try!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2010
Face reality , she should have told him she was in lagos, what was she hiding?

aLTHOUGH I DONT BELIEVE THAT 180 ring tori
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Felibaby(f): 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2010
@ Poster: shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by DoubleN(m): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
chaircover:

If only he had said he got a job paying N80,000 a month and he threw away a N500 greeting card, one made in China Teddy Bear, two Tantalisers meatpies and an Ice cream cone, I may just about have managed to beleive the story.

Anyways - Lancet Oduwa & Emen I hope you can make something watchable from this story line  grin
I can Picture Jim 'Mumu' Iyke playing the role of the Poster and Mercy 'Crying Freeman' Johnson as the runaway bride!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Ranoscky(m): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Poster, make i contribute to dis ur tales by moonlight!

1) If u ask me, i go say, u bought a ring. but maybe the ring is not up to that amount atall. not even close to it!

2) The gurl in question no go any lagos. the gurl dey inside her room for school. she no want come-out b'cos all the while she has been tellin u she wanted to come to lagos to spend sometime with u, u were telling her not to come b'cos, u ain't gat an umbrella (apartment) of ur's. but if truely say d gurl go lagos, she no con call u, make u no rush matter too much sha, just question her going/being to lagos whitout calling u. but at the back of ur mind make u no say u don get rival with her O! so just take'am easy dey follow'am until if maybe oneday she reveals it to u that she's in love with some1 else. but meanwhile, 1 good thing wey u go do be say, no tell'am the specific amount wey dem dey pay u for ur job. but if she needs ur assistance financially, help her at any fukking time she needs it. that way, u'r begining to repay her back all the help she rendered to u when ur broke a$$ was flawed.

3) if u throwey the ring wey u buy for her, na u sabi. na ur sweat u take buy'am so na u go suffer'am pass. afterall, if carpinter dey work, come mistakenly knack hammer for him hand, d tin go pain'am die. but if 'em come dey flenjor for night with gurls, 'em no go remember say harmmer hit'am for hand when 'em dey work.

4) See wetin me i think: "but to me that gurl dey monkey! sad even if she went to lagos and refused to call u, is it b'cos of u refused her coming to lagos? undecided. .YES! don't come b'cos i have no place to camp u. shey na for under bridge both of us go sleep? undecided" i come think'am on the other side say she's right. atleast, that's 1 good reason why hotel exist. go and lodge her for a night or two, and the next day she can go back to IB with lot's of happiness in her mind.

Well, just like u said b4 that u'll see her today, just take it easy with her and no harsh word. thaz ma opinion, thanx!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
anitabest:

if you really love her, u beta go back 4 your own good.

gurl, wat sort of advice is dat.  angry tell me if u wer d guy, won't u feel bad, come on. I ain't supporting his hasty decisions though, but he's human
& just acted dat way.

jennykadry:

Face reality , she should have told him she was in lagos, what was she hiding?

u know? it baffles me too. .  dats a gurl dat claims to luv him  angry
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Akainzo(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Poster,

Your story is so far fetched that it could only have been dreamed up.
Since you had a low paying job and had to be staying with friends, and all this while saving towards a job, then you go ahead and gather all the hard earned money to buy a ring for 180K. And in your wisdom of maturity, you threw it all away!  grin angry
Simply put, that story is hogwash! That is not a normal human's reaction. Anybody that has slaved to work and save that money doesn't throw it all away on emotions. In fact, the normal thing is for you to be staring at the ring and crying, and then pawn it off later.

She didn't tell you she was in Lagos!
Excuse me, why should she? Would you have accommodated her? In the past 5 years of being with you ( and you had savings o wink ) you didn't invite her to Lagos and check into a hotel just because she visited. Now she is going to Lagos, you want her to tell you? Haba, a normal loving lady would not want to put you through such terror (That is what you have been showing her each time she wanted to visit now.)

You got the job for $8K.
My man, yes the oil companies take experienced people into their ranks and can pay that amount. However, from your own story, you do not have that experience. Yes, you might have the skills as a DBA, but you aint got the experience and therefore you aint gonna start at that point of the unified salary scale. That is the simple logic of it all.

Now to your person.
SO you were interviewed and offered a job of $8K and thus you threw away all your savings. Have you ever heard of the terms called Medical Exams? It is not only used for footballers if you may know. And after you pass that medicals, don't be faced with an illusion that you might start immediately, your resumption might still be some 4 months away! shocked sad cheesy grin

All in all, I wish you all the best with your babe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry / Dangers Of Too Much Sex / If You Were To Go On A Date With A Nairalander, Who Would It Be ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.