Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Just When I Wanted To Propose - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just When I Wanted To Propose (8380 Views)

How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just When I Wanted To Propose by blackwood(m): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2010
I met her when I did my NYSC in OYO 5 years ago, though i never asked her out then, we both found out we had strong feelings for each other, after my service year we became very fond of each other and always in touch with via phone, but thing got a little hard for me cos getting a Job was not easy in lagos,she was so supportive and all that and I really appreciated it. I finally got a small time job in an ISP with little pay, I could not even afford to get a place so i stayed with a friend and his family in Lagos. she said she always wanted to visit but i told her all is not well yet and she never complained, i always visited her cos by now she was in university of ibadan and it was easier for me to visit, i always informed her when i was coming and i always felt really welcome. Somewhere down the line she started complaining that she wants to come and stay with me in Lagos and all that girl stuff but i appealed to her to have a little patience. I really, really, really really loved her cos she was this kind of girl anybody would want for a wife.
I prayed day and night for God to answer my prayers and help me get a better JOB.
Last week I went for an interview in an oil company and i was offered employment with a monthly pay of 8000 dollars monthly and i was so stunned. I gathered all the money I had bought a ring and off to ibadan to tell her the good news without letting her know i was coming. i got to the school gate and called her to come and meet me. And guess what she said? Who told you to come?, i was shocked!! I got myself together and asked her to come and meet me at least so that i could book for accomodation, then she said she could not come, i asked why? then she said because she is in Lagos. I was shocked!!!! But i've been in LAgos why didn't you call me to tell me you were in Lagos. I could not simply believe. I wanted a good job to take care of her properly, now i have a good job and she just messed up.
The funny thing is i didn't feel bad, i just threw the ring away( i bought it for 180k) book for a hotel that night, watch Ghana beat U.S.A and came back to lagos the next day.
Now she is calling me and asking if she could see me. what do I do?
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by petebor02(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2010
@poster wait, ur girl travelled to lagos,is there anything wrong with that?
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by SAGoddess: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2010
Your decision, your life, what do you want to do?

Your girl travelled to Lagos, made no attempt to see you or at least tell you she was in town, you get to her Uni, she doesn't want to see you, what then?
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by PokerFace(f): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2010
blackwood:

I met her when I did my NYSC in OYO 5 years ago, though i never asked her out then, we both found out we had strong feelings for each other, after my service year we became very fond of each other and always in touch with via phone, but thing got a little hard for me cos getting a Job was not easy in lagos,she was so supportive and all that and I really appreciated it. I finally got a small time job in an ISP with little pay, I could not even afford to get a place so i stayed with a friend and his family in Lagos. she said she always wanted to visit but i told her all is not well yet and she never complained, i always visited her cos by now she was in university of ibadan and it was easier for me to visit, i always informed her when i was coming and i always felt really welcome. Somewhere down the line she started complaining that she wants to come and stay with me in Lagos and all that girl stuff but i appealed to her to have a little patience. I really, really, really really loved her cos she was this kind of girl anybody would want for a wife.
I prayed day and night for God to answer my prayers and help me get a better JOB.
Last week I went for an interview in an oil company and i was offered employment with a monthly pay of 8000 dollars monthly and i was so stunned. I gathered all the money I had bought a ring and off to ibadan to tell her the good news without letting her know i was coming. i got to the school gate and called her to come and meet me. And guess what she said? Who told you to come?, i was shocked!! I got myself together and asked her to come and meet me at least so that i could book for accomodation, then she said she could not come, i asked why? then she said because she is in Lagos. I was shocked!!!! But i've been in LAgos why didn't you call me to tell me you were in Lagos. I could not simply believe. I wanted a good job to take care of her properly, now i have a good job and she just messed up.
The funny thing is i didn't feel bad, i just threw the ring away( i bought it for 180k) book for a hotel that night, watch Ghana beat U.S.A and came back to lagos the next day.
Now she is calling me and asking if she could see me. what do I do?

You acted foolishly and hastily!
Go see her and hear what she has to say . . .
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2010
Because your girl traveled to lag, you threw a 180k ring? Too much money do dey begin worry you abi?

Your actions are not justified! You didn't even ask her the reason she was in lag/the reason she didn't call. You basically just jumped into conclusions.

I'm not trying to say she's right here, but you don't just make hasty decisions like that based on assumptions.

Hear her out first before taking any rash step!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by petebor02(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2010
remember you told her not to see you in lagos,because u dont ve an accomodation so what are u talking about.infact u cant marry now maybe 5years to come.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by blackwood(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2010
@petebor02
she for at least call me say she dey lagos, haba!!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2010
I can see the money is really getting into your head. What did the girl do wrong?

So because she came to lag without telling you, you decided to act like a baby?

You didnt think that your putting her off all these while is finally getting to her? Yea, I bet she can telerate crap from you but God forbid you do same. Afterall you just got and 8k$ job. mccccccchwe!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2010
blackwood:

@petebor02

And then what undecided

Just admit it, you think it's time for you to move on. No problem it's your f**king life. But dont put this on the poor girl!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by petebor02(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2010
@petebor02
[quote][/quote] well u are right.but it also depend on how long stayed.if it was just for a day actually not bad.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by 28Schweet(f): 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2010
blackwood:

@petebor02
lol, why didn't u do the same,
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by blackwood(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ujujoan
i tell her everything, she knows everywhere I go, we are/were that close.
if i had not gone to her school i'm 90% sure she would have returned back to school without letting me know she came to Lagos
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by petebor02(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2010
infact u dont love this girl.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by nameoh: 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2010
STORY STORY, STORY,
But sorry u do not know how to lie.
How would someone who earns 120,000 naira a month go and buy a ring for 180,000 ,not to talk of throwing a ring not yet worn away?
In a real situation, it would have been returned and u wont be loosing more that 5000 naira at most.

1 Like

Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by segzicres(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2010
i'm sure ur the reason they created the word "FOOLISH"
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by petebor02(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
nameoh:

STORY STORY, STORY,
But sorry u do not know how to lie.
How would someone who earns 120,000 naira a month go and buy a ring for 180,000 ,not to talk of throwing a ring not yet worn away?
In a real situation, it would have been returned and u wont be loosing more that 5000 naira at most.

my friend he said $8000,which is about #1.2m
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2010
blackwood:

@ujujoan
i tell her everything, she knows everywhere I go, we are/were that close.
if i had not gone to her school i'm 90% sure she would have returned back to school without letting me know she came to Lagos

Yea, but did you care to ask her why she didnt tell you? Anytime she wants to come visit you always put her off, why would she even bother to tell you she was coming again.

Maybe she was doing something wrong, maybe she wasn't . . . but if you really think it's worth losing the woman you love over, then you need to have yourself checked! undecided
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Rocktation(f): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2010
180K ring? From a job you secured only last week? Na you sabi. Pretending this is true, you didn't tell her before running down to I.B either. So who's to say she wouldn't have called eventually, since it's evident that you adore surprises? I don't see a problem here jor.

1 Like

Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by papagee1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2010
abeg wetin concern me with this story na,
which oil company is that one that u applied for,
i would like 2 know~
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by blackwood(m): 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2010
@Rocktation
I was working b/4 i got this new job, at least i was saving towards an accomodation,hence i could afford the ring

@ujujoan & petebor02
lets not argue, i know i love/loved her
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by steve49ja(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2010
OK.

Thank God you got the job.

My advice is in a way tactical.

Being in your shoes, I would prolly feel the same way you do, but you know the girl better than I do.
Like I just learnt ''You dont judge someone (your lover prolly) by your last conversation but by who they've been through out the relationship''

So you see my friend, meet up with your girl, face to face, have fun along the line ask for an explanation (atleast it's easier to tell if she's lying) but that shouldnt be the main reason for meeting o. Spend time with your babe man.

Also, I would suggest you dont tell her your salary at first too undecided that way she might hide other games and go with you cos of your money.

Ooooh ooh, hold on, for this period (after your return) has anything changed from the way You used to be? I would like to know this.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by mikkyphp(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2010
@OP:
you need to act with lots of caution. don't let "love" get in the way of informed judgement! She may have been romping with someone else in lagos.If she truly loves you, she'd have contacted you first thing when she got to lagos. i guess she was in a compromising spot and didnt want u to know of her 2-timing prowess. But eh, still hear her out to get a balanced view but leave out the ring and the job part during the discussion!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by mikkyphp(m): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2010
dating girls in school sef is too much work! they have issues, it's hard for them to be faithful even if they plan to because other guys abound except you.money et al,
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by ireke(m): 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
I do not believe your story but if it's true, then you really need to be careful in life.
I think you are rash, and you do not think things through begfore acting. it may be your personality but you need to tone it down.
1. you got a job offer, you have not received the first salary before you gathered all the money you had to go get a ring.
2. You threw the ring away just because you were shocked.
If this is a true story, then you need a lot of maturity in life o.

1 Like

Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by blackwood(m): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2010
@steve49ja
you made a lot of sense i appreciate!
Thanx
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by hermosa(f): 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2010
that story was long but the only thing i can comment on is the fact that you threw away 180k ring!! olu maintain said it best 'too much money, problem how to spend it!'
whatever the case, the whole story is fishy, you're mad cos she went to lagos!!
i thot the story was gonna be about love, hardship and betrayal, turns out yous a fooool!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Areaboy2(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2010
Ujujoan:

And then what    undecided

Just admit it, you think it's time for you to move on. No problem it's your f**king life. But dont put this on the poor girl!

na waa to you oh,  wettin u no mean sef?

ppl we don dey date and she knows quite well he is in lagos,  if she decides to go to lagos, why not call up the boy she "loves" so much and arrange lunch or something just to meet with him. not to quietly run to Lag. abi she go offshore "job" there?

abeg,  the girl no be am,  look for another one!!! the truth is. u cant find a perfect woman. u have to make a woman what you want her to be.

but o'boy. u no try sha, the ring. u f up for that one
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Creamish(f): 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2010
Wat if u were wrong? wat if she only went to spend a wknd in Lag wt family or friend? wat if it was some sorta school thingy dat meant they culdnt step outta camp? u threw away 180k ring? I hope u dont regret it. d fact dat shez in Lag without informing u isnt a sin . . . dont jump into hasty conclusions.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2010
did u ever lov that gal,y are you jumping to conclusion.wat if you were marriede to her?you are so ready to believe the worst about her and to cap it all up u threw the ring away just like that (if its true) are you sure you dont have a temper issue.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by spawnx: 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
u are one funny dude, your ass been slaving away and u throw away six figure ring in annoyance cause you what . , Don't let it get to your head.
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by ayanfemy(f): 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2010
can u imagine the kind of man u are? d money u saved for accommodation!!!! how many months saving? cos of a girl who is not even your wife, u threw it away in inform of a ring as a result of uncalled for jealousy! haba!!!!! hear yourself! if your younger brother acted this way, what would you have done to him? i refuse to imagine what you will do if you earn $8m p/a! u will become a terror shey? am happy for d girl--u r a bad rubbish, good riddance!!!
Re: Just When I Wanted To Propose by yme1(f): 7:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
just gonna breathe slow . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangers Of Too Much Sex / I Bought 2 Packs Of Boxers Yesterday See What I Saw When I Opened It / What Is Your "Selling Point"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.