Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (149939 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by OgeLag(m): 9:56pm On Mar 28
Hi @lavylilly ....

5 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by dgreatyen(m): 1:43pm On Mar 29
DreamWorks global logistics aka Dream killer, very toxic and greed CEO, zero value for staffs,the only organization that have seen someone get emoloyed today and the person resigned the next day,any organization that recruit every 3 market days, just know something is wrong or fishy about such organization !!!

6 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Oyindamolah: 2:45pm On Mar 29
dgreatyen:
DreamWorks global logistics aka Dream killer, very toxic and greed CEO, zero value for staffs,the only organization that have seen someone get emoloyed today and the person resigned the next day any organization that recruit every 3 market days, just know something is wrong or fishy about such organization !!!
If they are always recruiting. Always use indeed, Glassdoor & nairaland to check reviews about organizations before you join such organizations.

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by milann: 5:48pm On Mar 29
Pojomojo:
Benefits of government Job
do you know anything about bukkahut?

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by milann: 5:51pm On Mar 29
IyaTola:
Most companies in Lekki na packaging no substance
do you know anything about bukkahut restaurant? They recruit everyday

5 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Meerahbel: 12:01am On Mar 30
shocked
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Hamachi(f): 4:11pm On Mar 30
essentialone:
Bank work and State government work which is Better?
State, bank work pressure too dey

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by essentialone(m): 5:31pm On Mar 30
Hamachi:

Bank work will make you to look Behind and speak phonetic.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Meerahbel: 5:32pm On Mar 30
essentialone:

Bank work will make you to look Behind and speak phonetic.
I pity those in marketing/sales
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by lavylilly: 3:49pm On Apr 01
wink
OgeLag:
Hi @lavylilly ....
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by milann: 7:21pm On Apr 01
Hamachi:
can i apply for teller job
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ONNYX: 1:30am On Apr 02
MikaelDare:
Novateur Nigeria(Alongside their other brands Print Anything and Signage Kings) in Abuja.

Though the good part is that they try to pay Salary early to ensure it doesn't enter the new month, also you'll learn and grow if you're willing to.

But the management style is poor, the management most times contradicts themselves in giving directives. The pay is poor, and people are expected to show up everyday from 8-5 being overworked and overstretched, and even work overtime mostly without compensation. There are so many unnecessary deductions done on staffs salary, most times for ridiculous and absurds reasons(Sometimes up to 40-80 % of staffs salary could be deducted in a month, On One or two occasions 100%). Staffs are usually harassed and shouted at for every little matter. There is a high rate of turnover as Staffs have to leave as they can't cope with the toxic atmosphere, giving more work to the already overworked staffs remaining, and the circle continues perpetually.
Leaving the organization is also usually an issue, even though they will claim otherwise, but most employees knows that they usually have an issue when people want to go and inform them, no wonder most people who leave take off without informing them. In my case they refused to pay my last salary because they didn't want me to leave when I left. They held that the salary up till today.
Virtually all employees who leave are usually recorded as "absconding" even after sending them written resignation via email.

Then the worst part of it is that when reference is requested from them for past employees, they give employees bad/negative reviews/reference (Which is why most people leave without telling them since they will get a negative review anyways)

Funniest thing is that they don't even see anything wrong in their management style, they think the employees are the problem(When 80-90% of employees who begin every year with them leave before the year runs out)
A look at their review on the employers rating site, "Glassdoor" will give you a perfect picture of how staffs are treated.

I disagree with the email approach to resigning. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if it was a100% remote job. If it was a full time physical,onsite job or even a hybrid job then you have to follow due process and resign in person and with full respect to the statutory or mutually agreed upon notification time frame.

It can't be that hard to leave a on a good and even note.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by MikaelDare(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02
ONNYX:

I disagree with the email approach to resigning. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if it was a100% remote job. If it was a full time physical,onsite job or even a hybrid job then you have to follow due process and resign in person and with full respect to the statutory or mutually agreed upon notification time frame.

It can't be that hard to leave a on a good and even note.

I guess you don't understand the write up. It's not that people just get up and send resignation. I mean even after resigning the proper way, and staying to properly hand over, and sending hand over note. Email is the proper way to send in one's resignation na, you won't tell them by mouth that you wanna resign even in person. They don't tell people when people employed about any time frame, till when people say they wanna go. When you ask them for proof of where they gave you such, they can't provide it.

Truth is they didn't even replace me after many months, same way they do to others, they hardly replace people. They believe their strategy to tie down people will always work. When people are firm they're leaving, it becomes a problem.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Rubyjade: 6:16am On Apr 03
shocked
MikaelDare:

I guess you don't understand the write up. It's not that people just get up and send resignation. I mean even after resigning the proper way, and staying to properly hand over, and sending hand over note. Email is the proper way to send in one's resignation na, you won't tell them by mouth that you wanna resign even in person. They don't tell people when people employed about any time frame, till when people say they wanna go. When you ask them for proof of where they gave you such, they can't provide it.

Truth is they didn't even replace me after many months, same way they do to others, they hardly replace people. They believe their strategy to tie down people will always work. When people are firm they're leaving, it becomes a problem.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Oyindamolah: 1:53pm On Apr 09
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Babawee: 5:59pm On Apr 09
Vado:
Nigerian Bottling Company (Coca-Cola) as a contract staff in their sales department. Your shoe sole will lose its soul and you'll buy new ones every month. That's because of The Great Trek you are required to embark on every day of the week except Sundays. All because of 40k basic? God punish them and their outsourcing firm Mark Calthers.

my first job was with MCC as a contract staff in 2017 it was cool then because of the incentives that comes when u hit target
but the stress and pressure from the job can give u HBP
you go Waka forget your destiny inlater left after 3years but working there open doors for me
I got other jobs just because I work with NBC

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Babawee: 6:01pm On Apr 09
NBC was good to work with but working as a contract staff for coca cola was worse. .
the depot owner treats u like trash even your line managers
no respects for your name
but if you get promoted and become a full staff nah enjoyment
NLC needs to checkmate that Mark carthers they are hell on Earth

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 7:07pm On Apr 10
milann:
do you know anything about bukkahut?
No, I don't know anything about them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.