Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (149938 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 2:33am On Jul 22, 2023
DonPikko:
one man company in lagos
Why Lagos?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 2:36am On Jul 22, 2023
They are useless, don't even bother working there.
habayinc:
Triton Aqua. Abuse of staffs and longer hours of working with no form of compensation
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 2:39am On Jul 22, 2023
Tompee2:
A telecommunications company in Nigeria, they don't train their staff, dem fit sack you anytime, they force staff to use their salary for sales...

After a while you go know say u waste your early part of your life there.
Most especially those useless ones in Lekki using a 5 bedroom apartment as office.
No chance of improvements
Very poor salary for workers
Poor management,
Lack/inadequate medical services for staff
No Leave allowance (you work 24/7 & 365 days)

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 2:47am On Jul 22, 2023
koolbe:
UBA!!! Poor staff welfare !!!!
This is the worst bank in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 2:51am On Jul 22, 2023
DWJOBScom:
Our labour unions are terrible clowns earning their bribes in peace
cry
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 2:54am On Jul 22, 2023
Rooneyboy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
You spoke the bitter truth bro. I work with a parastatal under one of the ministries and to be frank life has been good, I've not had any reason to look elsewhere for another job again it gives me the ample time for other side hustles.
Benefits of government Job
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 2:59am On Jul 22, 2023
shocked
Goodplace:
The most useless coy.to work for Is Genesis group especially Genesis Cinemas... I don't want to say why only ladies are used as Business Mgr.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by sonssyo: 4:43am On Jul 22, 2023
Kisser400:
I works in a company in Lagos by name WAHUM they paid us 31,900 Naira per month.
Working hour: 7:00am to 7:00pm for day duty while night shift is from 7:00pm to 7:00am. Even though am a HND holder in Mechanical Engineering. Am still working with them till date. I spent 500 Naira daily on transport.
Am New in Lagos State.
Am still searching for a better job. Please if you have vacancy help a brother. My contact email is gozie2nice@ yahoo . com

Hope you have left here,nah waoh, even small companies here in the east pay more than x2 of that salary for entry level

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by lavylilly: 5:10am On Jul 22, 2023
shocked
lionson3:
Church. Either you're serving as a pastoral or administrative staff, their pay sucks. And they use you like no man's business and still tell you you're serving God.

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by lavylilly: 5:11am On Jul 22, 2023
I know people that are leaving larfage in their droves.
egbaguy2:
isn't ashaka owned by lafarge?Lafarge pays well....so?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Oye548: 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Dufry Duty -Free Nigeria MMMIA, Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by LeopardX: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Oye548:
Dufry Duty -Free Nigeria MMMIA, Lagos
What! But they are a multinational company ( I think).
I wonder if there are still any non toxic companies/organizations left in this country.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Hamachi(f): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2023
Precious Paint Manufacturing company
Park Valley Hotel

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 8:58am On Jul 23, 2023
adewumiopeyemi:
I once went for there interview for the post of. Acount officer the hr gave. Me the job of 45k for an Acount oficer in lekki my brother after reading the stuff. I heard about the company here. I have to change mind the hr which is a light female call. Me I didn't pick her call.
Most companies in Lekki na packaging no substance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2023
grin
essentialone:
Lasaco Assurance Company. Slave drivers.

You will trek around Lagos selling insurance packages to Nigerians who don't want insurance yet no salary for you except commissions.

Tricksters.

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2023
shocked
austinmusa:
ENNIKOM CONSTRUCTION NIG LTD, and oil and gas servicing firm into HDD. walai!!! work there and your life will never remain the same. worked for 1yr and 3 months, got paid for 4 months, almost lost my family, ran insane and contemplated suicide. some were owed 2yrs. they keep employing every week, as people leave every week
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 9:33am On Jul 23, 2023
mavinjay1:
Dont u dare work in this private school: Mollys school, Ilorin, Kwara state...

And there is this man in Ajah, Lagos State. His company goes by... SmartKraft Tecnology... (No even waste ur time)
I will rather die, than work here.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 9:36am On Jul 23, 2023
spiritedtete:

There are always outside gig... For the fact that you are a staff of AIT... You can automatically do PR in other stuffs (Linking)

People will trust you more than someone with no identity.. So when they come for advert... You help them with client and get cut. It's easy to survive that way.

But it's disheartening when you remember you work for an organisation that suppose to take care of you more and nothing was forthcoming from them.
Abi na, no company give a hoot about you, make your cut and move on.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2023
Buffalo2:
DRURY AGBARA
G. P. TANKS
EURO GLOBAL, OTA
GUFANTY
ASSOMETAL
OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT grin
CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY NIG. PLC, OYO STATE grin
You forgot to add Solar Energy Ltd. Slavery is an understatement. Nigerians are heartless people.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2023
MMempire:

NOSAK FARM PRODUCE, APAPA, LAGOS : -
Modern day slavery.
There's another fish company in that Apapa, I cannot remember the name.

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2023
olayinkajnr:

The last paragraph gave me hope bro. The thing is starting a business ain't easy with little or no capital at all. At least, in my own case.

God help us all
Just start don't wait till you have millions.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
angry The man is a fake pastor
olempe:
Stockswatch, owned by Abayomi Obabolujo. The guy can owe like anything! He doesn't pay monthly, he pays whenever he feels its convenient for him. He also calls himself a pastor, so you must become a member of his church if you want to work for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
iphanyiuma:
Spar (park and shop) gringrin
I pity Nigerian girls that work there cry
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
shocked
udomohjnr:
one man business/ a particular firm where we have highest domination of the western people(the yorubas)
A whole man like you cannot mention the name of the company, you indeed a coward.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
zinaunreal:
Jesu.. seem virtually every company in Nigeria practice modern slavery. My eye don shine for this thread. Im no more applying for work again . Its time to be my own boss
Are you a boss now?

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by olempe(m): 10:40am On Jul 24, 2023
Lol
IyaTola:
angry The man is a fake pastor
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Buffalo2(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2023
IyaTola:
You forgot to add Solar Energy Ltd. Slavery is an understatement. Nigerians are heartless people.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IyaTola: 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Buffalo2:
grin grin
Did you work there?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by dmgr(m): 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
oamenimonin:
Crystal oasis company abuja.they are into bottling of water(pet) na D.I.E guys run

Would you pls throw more light?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by MikaelDare(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
Novateur Nigeria(Alongside their other brands Print Anything and Signage Kings) in Abuja.

Though the good part is that they try to pay Salary early to ensure it doesn't enter the new month, also you'll learn and grow if you're willing to.

But the management style is poor, the management most times contradicts themselves in giving directives. The pay is poor, and people are expected to show up everyday from 8-5 being overworked and overstretched, and even work overtime mostly without compensation. There are so many unnecessary deductions done on staffs salary, most times for ridiculous and absurds reasons(Sometimes up to 40-80 % of staffs salary could be deducted in a month, On One or two occasions 100%). Staffs are usually harassed and shouted at for every little matter. There is a high rate of turnover as Staffs have to leave as they can't cope with the toxic atmosphere, giving more work to the already overworked staffs remaining, and the circle continues perpetually.
Leaving the organization is also usually an issue, even though they will claim otherwise, but most employees knows that they usually have an issue when people want to go and inform them, no wonder most people who leave take off without informing them. In my case they refused to pay my last salary because they didn't want me to leave when I left. They held that the salary up till today.
Virtually all employees who leave are usually recorded as "absconding" even after sending them written resignation via email.

Then the worst part of it is that when reference is requested from them for past employees, they give employees bad/negative reviews/reference (Which is why most people leave without telling them since they will get a negative review anyways)

Funniest thing is that they don't even see anything wrong in their management style, they think the employees are the problem(When 80-90% of employees who begin every year with them leave before the year runs out)
A look at their review on the employers rating site, "Glassdoor" will give you a perfect picture of how staffs are treated.

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pojomojo: 7:04am On Mar 28
grin
lionson3:
Church. Either you're serving as a pastoral or administrative staff, their pay sucks. And they use you like no man's business and still tell you you're serving God.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by OgeLag(m): 7:39am On Mar 28
Ladder

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.