Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well (21761 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same / How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
What kind of manager do they pay below 60k? That must be slavery manager

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Bluffly: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
onyegwu:
Pls keep quiet and face ur own life issues OK! How do u know is out of jealousy? Do u know the friend before? People just talk any how know wisdom applied. Nonsense!
Are you the friend or you just want to make noise. He used a probability statement which is not out of place. Grow up
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by jahlove4jah: 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
You can make your comment without insulting someone on faceless forum
onyegwu:
Pls keep quiet and face ur own life issues OK! How do u know is out of jealousy? Do u know the friend before? People just talk any how know wisdom applied. Nonsense!
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Maxcollins042(m): 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
gaby:
School say dem dey look for workers you carry your two legs go apply say you wan work. Dem give you work now you dey ask weda the work dey stressful.

Na wetin dey finish the black race be dis.

Na work dem call am no be enjoyment ...work.

Sometimes I hear people ignorantly stating and actually believing blacks work harder/stronger than the whites and I just smile. You need to see the whites working...its work work work until your break time. Some machines run 24/364 days. Only goes off mostly on new years day holidays.

Person no go look before him go leap into matter
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by rman: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
You can still negotiate so far you have not accepted the offer letter. Forget, been a fresh graduate. If the vacancy is for an experienced resource but you were able to convince them you can do the job, they should pay you what the role deserves.

However, you need to have done your research of what the range of salary is for that role before embarking on that journey.

Negotiation is a part of recruitment process.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:
I was interviewed for the Job of a facility manager in a school that has nur/pry and jun/Sen sec schools and also has a boarding house. I was offered below sixty even after i proposed 100k. What do I do now pls? This is the first proper interview I attended after NYSC, SO I THINK I PLAYED A NOVICE AT it. Is it okay to renegotiate the salary even after i agreed to the previous proposal or I just let the Job go?

Experts pls help

1. The fact that you have a job, even as Facility Manager without experience required thanksgiving , my advice is that you thank God first for the job. If you appreciate God for His finger, you will see His hand.

2. Try and garner experience on the job.

3. Take time to improve on yourself with basic FM trainings for now and gradually save to join the professional bodies for FM in Nigeria such as IFMA Nigeria, BIFM Nigeria, etc.

4. As time goes on, you will put in for the most recognized certification in Facility Management which is the FMP, and you become a hotcake in the industry.

Sir/Ma, I have some other things to say but I need to relax for now as I am not feeling well.

Note: I am a Facility Manager with just 7 Years of experience and have had the privilege to manage Residential Estates in Victoria Island, Ikoyi etc. Where I am presently is the second school I am working in the same capacity, and I give baba God the glory for the journey so far.

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Maxcollins042(m): 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
onyegwu:
Oga why the hyperventilation? He didn't make an outright assertion that the friend is jealous. Can't you sense the possibility tonality in what he wrote? Haba!

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by gaby(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Maxcollins042:

Person no go look before him go leap into matter

After e don conclude interview and agree on a pay na im e wan begin look before leaping Abi?

That one na original reverse psychology or misplaced priorities.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by jahlove4jah: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
I will advice that you accept the job and give it tour best shot. While there, find out if there is prospect for future growth. Use the period to work on tour personal and career development. Keep spreading your net. Better things will come your way.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by 1stNumeroUno: 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
onyegwu:

Dear Onyegwu, I said..."which MIGHT be out of jealousy". That's a statement of probability; it'll only be true if OP's friend in question is YOU.

Good evening!

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by guru03(m): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Guy, help yourself by starting the job, don't be deceived that you did't negotiate your pay well, if you missed that an opportunity may not come again.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by 1stNumeroUno: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Maxcollins042:

Oga why the hyperventilation? He didn't make an outright assertion that the friend is jealous. Can't you sense the possibility tonality in what he wrote? Haba!

Abi o...see as e dey hala like say na im bi D friend.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by JacksonOyibo: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:
I was interviewed for the Job of a facility manager in a school that has nur/pry and jun/Sen sec schools and also has a boarding house. I was offered below sixty even after i proposed 100k. What do I do now pls? This is the first proper interview I attended after NYSC, SO I THINK I PLAYED A NOVICE AT it. Is it okay to renegotiate the salary even after i agreed to the previous proposal or I just let the Job go?

Experts pls help

That is what they are willing to pay. It is a "commodity job".... if you quit they would easily get your replacement. Think of it this way, just because a man is rich doesn't mean he would be williing to pay N2000 for a bottle of Pepsi which costs N100.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
FM job could be fun n stressful it depend on the level of availability of fund and equipment in the store.
One of the basic work is to ensure that all the company facility from Bus to bike, to bulb to fan to toilet to office equipments are always in good condition.
You must work closely with the staffs.
The job is a fun job jare
DutchNegro:

You see, a friend told me I sold myself cheap. Also considering the fact that it's located in an ESTATE which is a plus to the school.

Another advice I even need on the job offer is how stressful can this job be?

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Benekruku(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

Experts pls help

Send them your resignation letter in advance.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by sammirano: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ayoswit:
K, manage the job till you get a better one, you're even lucky to get a job after your nysc programme bcoz there are so many graduates who graduated with First Class and 2:1 roaming the streets for years looking for any kind of job just to survive.

Such a First class certificate shoukd be redacted.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by meforyou1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

Experts pls help
60k is a lot for a fresher, in a private pri/sec sch.
U dont even have a previous experience, so if u had said 200k, and they ask u why u said that, what would u say?

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by marshalldgreat(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
Simplep:
Where did he mention he would be paid sixty?...read well bfore u comment
my dear how's your day?
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by meforyou1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
guru03:
Guy, help yourself by starting the job, don't be deceived that you did't negotiate your pay well, if you missed that an opportunity may not come again.
exactly what am saying. A starting job. If he had worked previously where he was being paid 80k or 100k, will be different.
For freshers, some interviewers dont even bother to ask u how much u will want. They will just accept u and in d letter tell u how much u will b paid. Left for u to accept or reject.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Timothyoj(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

Experts pls help

Hello friend, I am currently the Facilities Manager of my Company and I tell you it's a great career you have an opportunity to start with. Please for now, take that offer and gather as much experience you can gather. You need to understand the Job title very well and you cannot know this without practicing the job. You know the job better on the job while you're also building up your CV.

I tell you the next opportunity might be time three of that present amount.
Another way you can get them pay you is to push for trainings on Facilities Management which would boost your confidence and increase your ability know how on the job. If you want more ideas you can contact me on 09083493777

Pls grab this and gather experience. God bless us all Amen

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Hormohwunmee(f): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=PhenomenalMorgan post=70730337] People like u don't read carefully before they comment the guy said "which may be out of jealously" meaning that there is a tendency and he is not certain it is out of jealously, learn english, it is ur type dat went to buy buns/eggroll when english class was going on!!![/quote

I can't laff
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Timbuktu14(m): 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Krak:

Are you the friend?
Apparently cheesy cheesy
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by sprints2: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
JacksonOyibo:

That is what they are willing to pay. It is a "commodity job".... if you quit they would easily get your replacement. Think of it this way, just because a man is rich doesn't mean he would be williing to pay N2000 for a bottle of Pepsi which costs N100.
your example doesn't tally with your statement...everyone knows Pepsi is worth #100 so paying extra is like giving incentives in jobs....na human being we dey talk about no be Pepsi....

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

Experts pls help

some federal civil servants start with less than 60k as well.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by leonard002(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
Start first, then later on, discuss an increase
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by donogaga(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
DutchNegro:

You see, a friend told me I sold myself cheap. Also considering the fact that it's located in an ESTATE which is a plus to the school.

Another advice I even need on the job offer is how stressful can this job be?

Agbara Estate in Ogun State?
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by olamimd: 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
The truth is all you need now is to establish yourself on the job and prove your proficiency. I have been in similar situation. After two weeks, I wrote a letter of resignation and my boss called me to discuss why I wanted to leave. I told him I have gotten a job with a better pay. Can u believe he immediately offered an increase in pay to keep me. This can only be possible after you have established your level of professionalism on the job.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
People like u don't read carefully before they comment the guy said "which may be out of jealously" meaning that there is a tendency and he is not certain it is out of jealously, learn english, it is ur type dat went to buy buns/eggroll when english class was going on!!!

Maybe na hin gangan be the supposed jealous friend. Silly kids here
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Kposkila: 11:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
Krak:

Are you the friend?
Epic question, my ribs cracked for it...
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by kawaodne(m): 11:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
It's Buhari's fault!!!!!

Buhari must go!!
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by divinelove(m): 12:50am On Aug 30, 2018
DutchNegro:

Experts pls help

facility manager?

do they even need one, when there is a security officer n can attend to emergency when they arise n they do routine maintenance at the end of every term. In a private school there is damage n repair rule to students/pupil so teachers will report to principal as such issues arises

60k is even much for such needless role.

no stress at all Na boredom go be your wahala

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige / How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.