Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well (21762 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same / How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2018
1stNumeroUno:
Dear Op,

Don't base your dissatisfaction on assumption. How much does the school pay for similar role? You need to confirm that before you follow your friend's words ( which might be out of jealousy). Secondly, for a starter gathering experience should be your priority for smooth career progression. Thirdly, there's no job that's not stressful (except govt work). Lastly you have a nice designation that can push your career.

Wishing you the best!

Actually what was on my mind when I got the offer, but when I heard my friend made that statement i thought i had missed a great opportunity
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2018
dingbang:
Ask how much is the school fees first. Then you know how much you should be paid

I will do that now
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
gaby:
School say dem dey look for workers you carry your two legs go apply say you wan work. Dem give you work now you dey ask weda the work dey stressful.

Na wetin dey finish the black race be dis.

Na work dem call am no be enjoyment ...work.

Sometimes I hear people ignorantly stating and actually believing blacks work harder/stronger than the whites and I just smile. You need to see the whites working...its work work work until your break time. Some machines run 24/364 days. Only goes off mostly on new years day holidays.

I understand your concern sir, but I initially applied for admin and I didn't know then that the school was that big. I only sent my cv through email. And my only concern about the stress is in relation to the remuneration.
I hope that you understand me too.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 6:52am On Aug 30, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Just accept the salary and move on. Put your best in the job. When you get a better offer and decide to go, your best effort will speak for you and they might want to renegotiate with you. At least, if you won't accept or the new offer is better than their renegotiation, there is a feeling of sense of worthiness that you will have. That feelings money can't buy it. It's only hard work. Go do the work Man. Better days are almost here.

Thank you so very much for this. Just so propelling.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 6:56am On Aug 30, 2018
adekanmbi1986:

1. The fact that you have a job, even as Facility Manager without experience required thanksgiving , my advice is that you thank God first for the job. If you appreciate God for His finger, you will see His hand.

2. Try and garner experience on the job.

3. Take time to improve on yourself with basic FM trainings for now and gradually save to join the professional bodies for FM in Nigeria such as IFMA Nigeria, BIFM Nigeria, etc.

4. As time goes on, you will put in for the most recognized certification in Facility Management which is the FMP, and you become a hotcake in the industry.

Sir/Ma, I have some other things to say but I need to relax for now as I am not feeling well.

Note: I am a Facility Manager with just 7 Years of experience and have had he privilege to manage Residential Estates in Victoria Island, Ikoyi etc. Where I am presently is the second school I am working in the same capacity, and I give baba God the glory for the journey so far.

Thank you very much sir/ma. God bless you real good
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2018
element4:
FM job could be fun n stressful it depend on the level of availability of fund and equipment in the store.
One of the basic work is to ensure that all the company facility from Bus to bike, to bulb to fan to toilet to office equipments are always in good condition.
You must work closely with the staffs.
The job is a fun job jare

Thank you sor/ma. Now I'm beginning to find my joy back

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by gaby(m): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2018
DutchNegro:

I understand your concern sir, but I initially applied for admin and I didn't know then that the school was that big. I only sent my cv through email. And my only concern about the stress is in relation to the remuneration.
I hope that you understand me too.

I understand you. The reality now is that you'd need to start garnering experience to build up your cv and career going forward.

I'd advise you see this as a stepping stone to launch you properly into the labour market with the added advantage you'd get from this present job.

After all, you did NYSC for a negligible remuneration.

Wish you luck in your final decision going forward.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 7:01am On Aug 30, 2018
meforyou1:
60k is a lot for a fresher, in a private pri/sec sch.
U dont even have a previous experience, so if u had said 200k, and they ask u why u said that, what would u say?

Pls don't make laugh here. I was even dumbfounded reading your comment.
Thanks for the contribution
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Olanirans(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2018
Kindly private chat me. I'm an experienced facility manager. I have tons of advice to offer u.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by 1stNumeroUno: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2018
DutchNegro:

Actually what was on my mind when I got the offer, but when I heard my friend made that statement i thought i had missed a great opportunity

I think your salary is fair enough considering the present employment situation in the country. Just be focus and work toward growing your career.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Timothyoj(m): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Good morning sir, please can I have your number so as to discuss better. I'm also a Facility Manager of my company would love to shear ideas with you. You can whatsapp me on :09083493777

adekanmbi1986:

1. The fact that you have a job, even as Facility Manager without experience required thanksgiving , my advice is that you thank God first for the job. If you appreciate God for His finger, you will see His hand.

2. Try and garner experience on the job.

3. Take time to improve on yourself with basic FM trainings for now and gradually save to join the professional bodies for FM in Nigeria such as IFMA Nigeria, BIFM Nigeria, etc.

4. As time goes on, you will put in for the most recognized certification in Facility Management which is the FMP, and you become a hotcake in the industry.

Sir/Ma, I have some other things to say but I need to relax for now as I am not feeling well.

Note: I am a Facility Manager with just 7 Years of experience and have had he privilege to manage Residential Estates in Victoria Island, Ikoyi etc. Where I am presently is the second school I am working in the same capacity, and I give baba God the glory for the journey so far.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Goalnaldo(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Just accept the salary and move on. Put your best in the job. When you get a better offer and decide to go, your best effort will speak for you and they might want to renegotiate with you. At least, if you won't accept or the new offer is better than their renegotiation, there is a feeling of sense of worthiness that you will have. That feelings money can't buy it. It's only hard work. Go do the work Man. Better days are almost here.
sense will not kill you.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by OtunbaJ: 9:41am On Aug 30, 2018
DutchNegro:
I was interviewed for the Job of a facility manager in a school that has nur/pry and jun/Sen sec schools and also has a boarding house. I was offered below sixty even after i proposed 100k. What do I do now pls? This is the first proper interview I attended after NYSC, SO I THINK I PLAYED A NOVICE AT it. Is it okay to renegotiate the salary even after i agreed to the previous proposal or I just let the Job go?

Experts pls help
Hmmmm, my guy from ur words i believe d salary should be within 50k. n u are regretting or thinking u negotiate wrongly. My brother after my youth service I got teaching teaching job which I was told that they can't pay above 25k. Hmmm if I hear say I no rush am. After 2 years of teaching govt work show. shocked Bro u do it n put ur eye out for better one.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by PRINCEVICKEY: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2018
START THE JOB IS PART OF EXPERIENCE....CONTRIBUTE UR WORTH AND LET UR IMPACT BE FELT .....SO THAT WHEN U ASK FOR INCREASE IN SALARY EVEN MORE

THAN 100K ...DEY WILL NOT HAVE ANYTIN TO DO THAN TO AGREE ....

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by JacksonOyibo: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2018
sprints2:
your example doesn't tally with your statement...everyone knows Pepsi is worth #100 so paying extra is like giving incentives in jobs....na human being we dey talk about no be Pepsi....

The same reason why big companies pay almost the same amount for their drivers as small companies/individuals.... there is no need to pay more for the same thing.
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by boyjo: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2018
Krak:

Are you the friend?

I think he is the friend grin grin
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by daviefm(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2018
Me wey dey collect 10k for Ogbomoso
7am to 4pm And dem go still owe.
No salary for April, August Half salary for September and December
Oh boy, be grateful

Anyone who fit help me oo Any amount 0019949452 STANBIC BANK
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by lovescoan: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ok
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2018
Timothyoj:
Good morning sir, please can I have your number so as to discuss better. I'm also a Facility Manager of my company would love to shear ideas with you. You can whatsapp me on :09083493777

Sorry sir/ma,

I just saw this... By God's grace, I will chat you tomorrow.

Regards
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT YOU ARE WRONG SIR/MA!!!!

If you have been to schools like Meadow Hall, Atlantic Hall, Corona Schools, American International School Lagos, Day Waterman College, etc. and see the sophisticated facilities and equipment they have there, you will understand they need a full in-house facility management team.
Schools where facilities such as the Water Treatment Plant, Sewage Treatment Plant, Power Plants, Swimming Pool, gbogbo tigbo are running 247 and students are paying millions per session, you will know that the student can't afford not to get value for the money being paid by their parents for a second.

divinelove:

facility manager?

do they even need one, when there is a security officer n can attend to emergency when they arise n they do routine maintenance at the end of every term. In a private school there is damage n repair rule to students/pupil so teachers will report to principal as such issues arises

60k is even much for such needless role.

no stress at all Na boredom go be your wahala
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by DutchNegro(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2018
adekanmbi1986:
I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT YOU ARE WRONG SIR/MA!!!!

If you have been to schools like Meadow Hall, Atlantic Hall, Corona Schools, American International School Lagos, Day Waterman College, etc. and see the sophisticated facilities and equipment they have there, you will understand they need a full in-house facility management team.
Schools where facilities such as the Water Treatment Plant, Sewage Treatment Plant, Power Plants, Swimming Pool, gbogbo tigbo are running 247 and students are paying millions per session, you will know that the student can't afford not to get value for the money being paid by their parents for a second.

truly true
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2018
I'm in the same shoe with yours though in an NGO, but my mind tells me to take it and get the experience, that same salary for a managerial position! The thing weak me o chaii, but when I remember the amount of money I don owe for outside, and how my creditors are about to tear me apart, I go dey thank God say I don get job o last last, so I go fit pay them and have change remain sef, afterall the experience too is counting, by the time I launch my CV out again with that experience, I'm sure to get a job of nothing less than 200k, na so!
Re: I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2018
No worries sir/ma.
I have a friend here in Nairaland, with just three months experience garnered from her first NGO job, she is now a hotcake. Anytime she goes for a NGO interview now, the only thing they ask her is the expected salary.

So relax and get the needed experience...

Tosinex:
I'm in the same shoe with yours though in an NGO, but my mind tells me to take it and get the experience, that same salary for a managerial position! The thing weak me o chaii, but when I remember the amount of money I don owe for outside, and how my creditors are about to tear me apart, I go dey thank God say I don get job o last last, so I go fit pay them and have change remain sef, afterall the experience too is counting, by the time I launch my CV out again with that experience, I'm sure to get a job of nothing less than 200k, na so!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige / How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? / 2016 Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.