Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Is This Benin City? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Benin City? (31397 Views)

Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State / King's Square,Benin City / Hotels In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Benin City? by aieromon(m): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2010
Those fountains have got to be in the GRA.
The Ring Road pic is true but work still needs to be done in the New Benin and Uselu axis.
Good thinkin',great product.
Re: Is This Benin City? by cold(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2010
snowdrops:

i am sure that after the millions of hungry and jobless people in edo state have sat and watched this spectacle at ring road, their stomach will be full and maybe their job will be to sit and look ring road everyday.

good job by the government but wrong timing.
Pray tell,when is the right time please?
Re: Is This Benin City? by AroOkigbo(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2010
Lucky!!! Benin City and her people, God bless Gov. Adam Oshiomhole.
In my state such GOOD things don't exist.
I'm from Abia  cry cry cry
Re: Is This Benin City? by cold(m): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2010
Aro Okigbo:

Lucky!!! Benin City and her people, God bless Gov. Adam Oshiomhole.
In my state such GOOD things don't exist.
I'm from Abia  cry cry cry
The igbos are a blessed race with cursed leaders angry
Re: Is This Benin City? by buchiwet: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2010
I can't believe my eyes,
Re: Is This Benin City? by CarlosVent(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2010
d city is cool. nice one bt let dem create jobs abeg
Re: Is This Benin City? by shadrach77: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
people who say this is cool are stupid - any city can look beautiful at night - a truly beautiful city looks beautiful in the DAY! cry
Re: Is This Benin City? by PupetMasta(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2010
All what this government are doing are just scratching the problem from the surface. What if tomorrow they cant sustain it, it becomes an eye sore. What the Governors need to do is improve the economy of their state and not depend on oil from another region or state. Private sectors can handle all the beautifications of the state if they are happy in the State
Re: Is This Benin City? by Kx: 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2010
Asthetics powered by genertors!
U can see light within ring road but the adjourning roads and neighorhood are in total darkness.
Must all our policies and projects be targeted at tourists/visitors and not residents?
Re: Is This Benin City? by softgirl1: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2010
At least this will encourage me to visit my State that i have not visited for 8years now, nice one Osho my guy is doing a good job congrats
Re: Is This Benin City? by Johnmos(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
wao! this looks nice. I hope this is not the only beautiful place; I'll sure pay Benin a visit
Re: Is This Benin City? by dolu2007(m): 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2010
Lagos vs. Edo? Vote now!!

Its interesting to have some leaders doing stuffs.

Re: Is This Benin City? by tijehi(f): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
Whats with the many fountain light colours. Dem wan Blind us?
Re: Is This Benin City? by dominique(f): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2010
it's the same location they keep snapping from different angles. is Benin the only region of the state. what about the other LGs?
abeg show us more breath taking pictures from different areas cheesy
Re: Is This Benin City? by whiteroses(f): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
hey oh, awon benin ma n ta biobio
but pls whats the big deal in fountain and coloured light lit at night but at least its pretty! GAY tongue
lol i joke grin or AM I
Re: Is This Benin City? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2010
Really nice, who knows maybe in picture, Nice though smiley
Re: Is This Benin City? by jokingmary(m): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
cold:

The igbos are a blessed race with cursed leaders angry

Excuse me sir but not every igbo leaders
You should see what is going on in enugu state
Re: Is This Benin City? by 190: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2010
Lol,
Benin of all places~

rubbish

dont worry by the tyme those benin witches fly over this fountain twice
all the lites go off and the water would stop flowing

its only a matter of tyme all these projects would simply crumble

too much corruption in that God forsaken state!!
Re: Is This Benin City? by Czarskit(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2010
190:

Lol,
Benin of all places~

rubbish

Dem send u come abi ur granny na winch?! grin
Re: Is This Benin City? by gidson12(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
good work,, beautiful
Re: Is This Benin City? by gidson12(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
190:

Lol,
Benin of all places~

rubbish

is there ever a time u dey make sense with this ur brain.
abeg go bury urself for Romance section, thats the only place u're useful
nansence
Re: Is This Benin City? by exago(m): 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2010
Good work Mr. Governor,

But this is just a square in benin town, can the works be extended to touch the benin man elsewhere.
Re: Is This Benin City? by friendl: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2010
l no believe, same benin city l know,,
Re: Is This Benin City? by columbus71(m): 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
Those Pictures are real, The guy is trying, but the problem is with the contractors.

internetnaija . co. cc
Re: Is This Benin City? by eleven(m): 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2010
aieromon:

Those fountains have got to be in the GRA.
The Ring Road pic is true but work still needs to be done in the New Benin and Uselu axis.
Good thinkin',great product.

Guy, I agree with you. I was in Benin last week and saw the effect of not having proper drainage system, Ugbowo road was flooded and so many roads within Ugbowo even days after the rain had stopped. I think the government should take the issue of drainage very serious.

Benin is a small town and would expect all of it roads to be tarred and street lights erected every where without any excuse before the end of Oshiomole's 1st tenure.

Pictures and news like this gladdens ones heart and gives hope that one day, very soon, Nigeria will rightly claim its GOD's nation title from USA who are currently holding it in for us.
Re: Is This Benin City? by binigurl07: 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
wow ! is this 4 real ?
i'm really impressed cheesy
Re: Is This Benin City? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
nice one benin city
Re: Is This Benin City? by MissyB1(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2010
Looking at these pictures, I miss home.  cry

The noise pollution, Okada men and their wahala,  that New benin/ Ring road market, Hexagon, Royal marble hotels and those cool spots in Ihama (G.R.A).
Chei! Up Benin!!!
Re: Is This Benin City? by Redman44(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2010
While I commend the Edo State Government for the beautification of the Ring Road Area of Benin City, I feel Adams Oshiomhole should pay more attention into raising the living standards of people residing in the state. He can do this by setting up cottage industries or small scale recycling centres in different Local Government Areas of Edo State. I have observed that many Nigerian Governors are not really trying to work on the manufacturing potentials of the states they administer. Edo State can go into the recycling of household waste produced by other states. Recycling is big business in the world today. Waste products and what we consider to be 'rubbish' can be sorted and recycled for our local companies to reuse as raw materials. The Edo State Government can also partner with Recycling Companies all over the world so that the converted waste can be sold abroad. How about Edo State developing an entrepreneurial scheme where people with good business ideas that will benefit their local communities are supported financially? Oshiomhole has done well, but our Governors need to start empowering the people. When the living standards of the people improve, they will even start beautifying their environments themselves. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Is This Benin City? by chelseabmw(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2010
This is my benin city
Re: Is This Benin City? by honeric01(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2010
Cool, i thought it was just a 3D effect, nice one eh, coupled with all other things i heard and read he's doing so far.
Re: Is This Benin City? by soloqy: 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2010
I thought they said Oshiomole is not doing anything in Edo state that he is only playing dirty politics?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway / The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.