Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded (56602 Views)

#TheBest FIFA Men's Player of the year: Salah makes three-man shortlist / Emery Reading News Of Arsenal 0 Vs 3 Man City / Lionel Messi, Ibrahimovic In FIFA 10-man Shortlist For 2019 Puskas Award(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

What about the player that won it then?

Griezman?

So why didn't Madrid players fire on all cylinders when they met ATLETICO Madrid?

Lol
We all know that griezman wasn't the best player in the french team, and Modric won the player of the tournament remember? that aside, Athletico dropped out of the champs league, they could not compete against the elites and ended up as one eyed man among the blind of Europa
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by tesppidd: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
gmercy713:

OK.

He lost this due to his poor international appearance.

Let him improve on the toward the coming ceremony.

As far as I'm concerned, Ronaldo or Modric will be winning the award.

Ronaldo spot is just unshakable smiley
Salah replaced Neymar in his usual 3rd position and Messi replaced by Modric in the 'usual' 2nd position.

sense will not kill me grin grin
don't fool yourself.

both ronaldo and messi will not be on the podium.

messi was not nominated.

a day before the award ronaldo will learn that modric has won and he will skip the award ceremony and cry.

sense will not kill me!

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by mrvictor: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
Year of Modric!
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by ollah2: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
transformed:
It is partly an individual award, you dont just win because your team won the world cup, and you might not win it despite scoring the most goals and providing the highest number of assists.

Griezman played better than the three contestants.
Lionel Messi played better than CR7 domestically but the earlier isn't there
Cr7 edged him in CL.
Sallah and modric played well in all competitions while the earlier won nothing, the latter won CL.

Grizeman didn't only played well but was also consistent. He was consistent for the whole season alongside world cup.

It's now a popularity contest.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Bimpe29: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
CR7 will win it.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by vindisick: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
kowopealajo:
so you no get sense? Go Google am.
why insult?. Nawa for some people
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hope it is false.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Prosperchuks1344(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
the winner will be luka modric

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
dominique:

That's because world cup performance is not the only criteria used to pick best player, if not the likes of George Weah would never have won. Club performance counts as well. CR7 won champions league with REAL but didn't go far in the word cup , what did Messi win with Barcelona and Argentina?

George didn't the win world player of the year.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by karika2018: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
They only gave modric the uefa player of the year to recognize him for his efforts........and you guys no that...

but for fifa best player and balon dior..........it goes straight to ronaldo
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by kinkymax: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
FIFA award is fast becoming useless and ridiculous,,hw can u place salah dat won nothing ahead of messi,,totally awful...modric will win tho
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
They were looking for a way to squeeze Salah in and since Messi is the gentle guy that will not cry aloud and complain they decided to use him as the scapegoat. After winning league and Spanish cup and European golden boot. Griezmann isnt even in bullshit. Even if they want to give it to Modric, Griezmann should be in the top three. That award is meant for Griezman or Modric but the award is now a popularity award based on size of fan base

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Viking007(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
[s]
dominique:
Hope Luka Modric wins, he was phenomenal for both club and country.
Edit
Greizman also won trophies with both club and country, he could win this as well. May the best player win

Greizman didn't make the cut, Mo Salah did. May Modricthe best player win.
[/s]It's Ronaldo or nobody.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
TimeManager:

You didn't even come close to sense.. How will a Ronaldo who couldn't win Europe best, scoop home the World's best.. The voters don't think like Ronaldo fans, you know.

kiss the truth!

Lol. Iniest won the uefa best 2012 but messi won the world best; ribery won uefa best 2013 and ronaldo won the world best.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Viking007(m): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Lol

I still wonder why modric name is there... He did absolutely nothing to be there...

In the Champions league, it was Ronaldo that helped push the team, evicting Juventus that almost killed them..

In the world cup, manduzic and Rakitic were helpful...

Griezman won the world & Europa league...

So why should Modric win the world best player?
Good bless you for this.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Kennydoc(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2018
olaolaking:
Lucas can not win it. They will give it to the winner of the cup
Winner of which cup? Did Modric not also win d Champions League?
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by karika2018: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
I want you guys to read what the award says...........fifa best.......and you think that they would give it to modric.......you guys are funny..................Did you remember when iniesta won the uefa player of the year.....and then what happened that same year in the balon dior......messi took it.............

they are not just going to give it to ronaldo because he has been the best player which he is....but also for marketing purposes.....................

is either ronaldo and messi are not there then modric would have won the award..........but once messi is not there....automatically ronaldo picks it.............Go and ask frank ribery
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by TimeManager(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Squillaci:

Lol. Iniest won the uefa best 2012 but messi won the world best; ribery won uefa best 2013 and ronaldo won the world best.
This is a world cup yr and that's a major consideration.

kiss the truth!
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Duru009(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
Vote Now !

Like for Ronaldo n Share for Modric!
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by femi4: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
Modric would win it.Ronaldo fans would not like this I am sure Mendes would cry after the award has been given.
Messi should do better he still remains a GOAT that would continue to be compared with the greatest players who have graced the game of football.
Ronaldo is still a GOAT sha.
seconded, all Messi's votes and anti ronaldo's votes will go for Modric.

Sorry Penaldo, the beginning of the end of an era is here

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by femi4: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
Squillaci:

No World cup in those years. This is FIFA award, in a FIFA World cup year. World cup performance carry more weight

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Josskute(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
Squillaci:

neither of the guys you mentioned won the champions league and world cup best player together on the said years
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Misterdhee1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Which did not win him UCL and /or world cup or even a place among the top 3 best players.
U said he is on a decline, nd I reminded u he is still the top goal scorer nd assist maker so far this year. Does he need to win UCL nd world cup to justify he is not on a deciine?
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by ofuonyebi: 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
when u tel dey say na C-Wahala;...C-R7 OR C-RONALDO be current undisputable king of soccer in the 21st millennium, some lazy idiots

who no know anything about soccer go dey talk about Messi...mr. miss it...now, thank GOD ...FIFFA..don settle the case finish...QED!
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Pacesetter123(m): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
I am happy,the selection is fair.Luka Moderic all the way.Let Messi n Ronaldo leave the stage 4 other people.Both of them have ruled 4 almost 11 consecutive yrs.As 4 Mo Sallah,he is really giving Africa good representation.Had it bin that that hand-breaker from spain allow him win the champions league n his country knows a little abt football to help him reach world cup final,he wud av bin de one to win this ballon d'or award.I feel for him.Lest i 4get,Infantino let me state this b4 hand,that i dont wnt to see wot happened to Westly Sneider in 2010 happening to Moderic this year...ooo!That after he had won the UCL with Inter n played in the final of world cup,instead of the award to be given to him,they rather gave it to some one who went out of the UCL in round 16 n was equally knock out in group stage of the world cup.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Tomoyayi(m): 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
Misterdhee1:

U said he is on a decline, nd I reminded u he is still the top goal scorer nd assist maker so far this year. Does he need to win UCL nd world cup to justify he is not on a deciine?

Bros, no be me talk am... Me just dey point out the obvious, no trophies to show for all the goals and assist. We all know what Messi of old was capable of, so yea He is on a decline.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Pacesetter123(m): 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
Princeikeka:
Please remove this, it’s fake. Ronaldo, modric and salah these are the top three nominees by fifa
But u r saying the same thing as op n u still call his own fake.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by STILESGANG: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Lol

I still wonder why modric name is there... He did absolutely nothing to be there...

In the Champions league, it was Ronaldo that helped push the team, evicting Juventus that almost killed them..

In the world cup, manduzic and Rakitic were helpful...

Griezman won the world & Europa league...

So why should Modric win the world best player?
Lol fool, just like the uefa best player. Modric is gonna win it nd you penaldo fans are going to cry blue murder grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Pacesetter123(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Princeikeka:
Please remove this, it’s fake. Ronaldo, modric and salah these are the top three nominees by fifa
But u r saying the same thing as op n u call his own fake.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Tomoyayi(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Bros no be me talk am. Me just quote you and stated the obvious and yea He is on a decline. We all know what the Messi of old is capable of.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
femi4:
No World cup in those years. This is FIFA award, in a FIFA World cup year. World cup performance carry more weight

2010 world cup who won it? Who won the world best? 2014 nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians / FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Alex Iwobi Confused After Coming On As Substitute. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.