Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,781 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note (56278 Views)

World Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Central African Republic 0 - 1 On 7th Oct 2021 / Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona / Lionel Messi Flaunts Tattoo Of His Wife’s Lips Inked Close To His Groin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
BREAKING: Argentina are considering putting Lionel Messi on their banknotes ��

Officials of their financial governing body are looking to mark their nation’s historic World Cup triumph �

Source- Via El Financiero newspaper.

You can't put a price on Messi... or maybe you CAN! Argentina's Central Bank 'is plotting to put Lionel Messi's face on a 1,000 peso BANK NOTE' to mark nation's World Cup win in Qatar

So, it turns out you can put a price on Lionel Messi.

After the talismanic forward guided Argentina to their first World Cup win since 1986 in Mexico, Messi has been at the centre of discussions to have his face put onto a new 1,000 peso bill.

According to newspaper El Financiero, the Central Bank of the Republic of Argentina are eager to mark the national team's historic win in Qatar and have been working on ideas since before the epic 4-2 shootout win in the final over France.

Mock-ups of the 1,000 peso note being discussed has since gone viral - with fans eager to see it enter circulation.

It is detailed in EF that a key part of the reason behind the 1,000 bill is that it begins with a '10' - Messi's shirt number for Argentina.

While Messi's grinning face is on one side of the note, this group's nickname 'La Scaloneta' is the wording proposed for the back.

The term has become synonymous with this group since Lionel Scaloni succeeded Jorge Sampaoli back in 2018.

Under Scaloni's reign Argentina have gone on to win the 2021 Copa America, the first ever Finalissima at Wembley Stadium and the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

If officials at the bank press on with their plan to release the note - which they believe would become highly collectible for Argentinian civilians - it would not be their first venture of crossing currency with the national team.

They previously issued commemorative coins when Argentina won its first World Cup back in 1978.

Commemorative coins were also produced on the 50th anniversary of the death of Eva Perón, the former First Lady of Argentina.

Messi is currently enjoying some down time back in his home in Rosario, where he was mobbed by hundreds of excited fans on his return on Tuesday.

Messi scored twice in Sunday's final, which saw Argentina first surrender a 2-0 lead, before later surrendering a 3-2 lead in extra-time. They went on to win 4-2 during the penalty shootout.

He was named Player of the Tournament and he will head back to Paris Saint-Germain in the new year eager to add the Champions League to his incredible 2022-23 season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11564393/amp/Lionel-Messis-face-BANKNOTE-Argentinas-Central-Bank.html

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by GOFRONT(m): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
Messi himself is a Banknote, he is a money, he is a Currency.......Call him any of the three above.....

Central bank of Argentina should go ahead and print the new currency carrying Loinel Messi's face......Thats the face I want to see all the time and not some old wrinkled face of Papa Isong and Mallam Dan Borno!!!

292 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by JASONjnr(m): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2022
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......

200 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by calmness0(f): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
And the legend Diego Maradona will be put on cheaqe undecided

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Buhari4sale: 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
Very good. They come and hire Emiefele

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother waiting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......
cry harder

239 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Softmirror: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
BUT TO BE HONEST IF FRANCE HAD WON THE CUP AFTER SUCH A THRILLING, DRAMATIC MATCH. ALOT OF ARGENTINES WOULD HAVE COMMITTED SUCIDE.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Roboto11: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother waiting my time with urchins quoting me...

How many world cups has Ronaldo won?

grin

212 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Masterviolence: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

CRY MORE grin

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by JASONjnr(m): 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
Roboto11:

grin
Without FIFA's support, Messi with his team will never raise a world cup....

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Roboto11: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
JASONjnr:

Is that why my Morocco beat Portugal mercilessly?

237 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
Softmirror:
BUT TO BE HONEST IF FRANCE HAD WON THE CUP WITH AFTER SUCH A THRILLING, DRAMATIC MATCH. ALOT IF ARGENTIAS WOULD HAVE COMMITTED SUCIDE.
I wonder why you haven't commit suicide yet.

45 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Masterviolence: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
As a human there's no bigger honour than this.

Forget about statue, for your name and face to be in a legal tender of a country and is accepted all over the world is mind-blowing.

83 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Softmirror: 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
AImiron:
I wonder why you haven't commit suicide yet.

ASK HISTORIANS ABOUT THE 1950 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL BETWEEN BRAZIL AND URUGUAY? SO MANY BRAZILIANS COMMITTED SUCIDE. MY BROTHER, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME IF FRANCE HAD WON. THAT WAS A VERY, VERY TENSED MATCH SO FULL OF EMOTIONS. THERE IS FAR MORE TO FOOTBALL IN BOTH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA. IT IS MORE THAN JUST A GAME.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by care4you: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
This will give Ronaldo high blood pressure

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by adedave20: 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
messi is the greatest in football history

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
JASONjnr:

Boo hoo "it was rigged for Messi". Wait wait! Let's add another of CRY7 fangirls braindead takes; "Messi can't win without Xavi and Iniesta". Wait! There's more; "Messi cannot win anything outside Barcelona", "Messi doesn't perform for his national team". Actually any of these should help you anytime you remember the pain.

127 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Jokerman(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
� #Qatar2022 top performers:

⚽ Goals - Mbappe (cool
�️ Assists - Griezmann, Bruno Fernandes, Kane, Perisic and Messi (3)
� Key passes - Griezmann (22)
� Tackles - Hakimi (26)
� Saves - Livakovic (24)
� Dribbles - Mbappe (25)
�️ WS Rating - Messi (8.25)

#FIFAWorldCup

So Penalty can make someone now have highest ratings... no more dribbles or key passes again grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by paulolee(m): 1:02am On Dec 22, 2022
GOAT

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by jeromestarks: 1:58am On Dec 22, 2022
I like Messi but I don't envy him.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Bede2u(m): 2:05am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Lol...who got two penalties at the final? Was the last penalty merited?
The reason we love messi is that he is physically small but mighty talented

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 22, 2022
Bede2u:
Lol...who got two penalties at the final? Was the last penalty merited?
The reason we love messi is that he is physically small but mighty talented

U dey mind this pendulum fans...when Arje was 2-0 up them say na fixed match, FIFA don rigg am for Messiah but when the Africans in France Jersey level up 2-2 e no come be fixed match again... as e enter 3-2 them resume the balablu fixed match carty again & when it was 3-3 story change again

Imagine & all the p.k weh d france boy play, Arje goal keeper follow d right direction even touch the ball, d boy just lucky the keeper no stretch enough to block all hin p.k shots, Shingban e for no see.

tongue their famous line "messi is nothing without Xavi & Iniesta"
Funny them don shift world best title now from Cristy head knack am on top Mba...the latest one now na say make e go win am 3 times like pele weh play during era of very poor officiating, too much wuruwuru & ojoro time weh nobody reason say we fit birth the idea of anything like VAR.

84 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 22, 2022
the highest of honours.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Faber(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2022
Jokerman:

⚽ Goals - Mbappe (cool
� Tackles - Hakimi (26)
� Saves - Livakovic (24)
� Dribbles - Mbappe (25)

#FIFAWorldCup

So Penalty can make someone now have highest ratings... no more dribbles or key passes again grin
Stats from Bench TV. Na we send to come Qatar come dey chop bench

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by engrchykae(m): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2022
Roboto11:

grin
Cr7 have never played a world cup final

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by reccy(m): 7:31am On Dec 22, 2022
Well deserved!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

I guess na fifa tell Kolo mani to lose that last attemp on purpose, mumu

Cry more

104 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 8:18am On Dec 22, 2022
Jokerman:

⚽ Goals - Mbappe (cool
� Tackles - Hakimi (26)
� Saves - Livakovic (24)
� Dribbles - Mbappe (25)

#FIFAWorldCup

I don tell you before say na eternal tears for una Pendu fans, yall doing as I predicted. Keep the good work and don't forget to cry harder today

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by ATEAMS: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2022
Whatever.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Lamanii22(f): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2022
When a child is endowed with so much glory….

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by MacDani(m): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2022

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Memphitz357: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2022
Click Like if you think Mannabbqgrillz is Nairaland's most stoopid individual.
Click Share if you think it's Moh247

37 Likes 12 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi: Why I 'Humiliated' Hamari Traore For Having 'Bad Breath' / Barcelona inform Luis Suárez that he has to leave the club / Kepa Is Resigned To NEVER Playing For Chelsea Again Ahead Of FA Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.