Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee (14584 Views)

APC, FG Hounded Alamieyeseigha To Death - Fayose / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha's Wife And Children / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2010
[size=13pt]Nigeria's runaway governor [/size]
The BBC News website profiles Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the Nigerian governor who is under investigation after jumping bail in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4499962.stm

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, governor of Nigeria's Bayelsa state, has an official CV that boasts awards including Best Governor on Security and the Golden Trophy for Good Governance.
British prosecutors argue that his achievements also include money laundering to the tune of £1.8m ($3.2m).

The governor denies this charge - but responded to it by developing a new talent as an escapologist as he jumped bail and fled the UK, eventually reappearing back in Bayelsa.

Nigeria's anti-corruption agents also say he is a master of disguise, donning women's clothing as he fled - though the governor denies this. But he told the BBC that he does not remember any other details of the long journey home.

Rumours

One Nigerian paper claimed that the rumours of cross-dressing were in fact put about by British intelligence.

Whatever the true details of his escape, the governor has not gone home to a warm welcome.

On the contrary, no sooner had he arrived than demonstrators began calling for his departure from office, and the state assembly served notice of impeachment proceedings.
If removed from office, he would lose the immunity from prosecution that he enjoys in his office as governor.

In fact, he is already being prosecuted by the Kaduna Code of Conduct Tribunal - the only court which has the power to remove his immunity.

Projects

Those who are being kind say Mr Alamieyeseigha is a product of Nigeria's corrupt democratic system.
"The present democratic system in Nigeria is faulty as it is incapable of producing visionary, selfless and popular leaders," says one critic.
His opponents say "Alamco" - he got his nickname from the Alamieyeseigha Campaign Organisation of the 2003 general election - is hardly a charismatic leader, and has abused the trust of Ijaw people he claims to represent.

They feel he has spent state money on unnecessary projects like building a new government house at the cost of over 10bn naira ($77m), an airport in his native town of Amassoma, and an Olympic-sized stadium in the state capital, Yenagoa.
. . . .
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
onye_ngbu:

I am not saying that Alams is not a thief and I am not also in position to say he is  . . . .

below is the link to his own side of the story.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/may/23/national-23-05-2010-001.htm

This is what he said about dressing like a woman to return to naija.

dont tell me you believe this crap.the picture of his disguise made headline then including that of dariye.i refused to be fooled !!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by onyengbu1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

dont tell me you believe this crap.the picture of his disguise made headline then including that of dariye.i refused to be fooled !!!!

Can I see the picture please.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by SSaemoenl(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
What a country and DUMB leaders like Jonathan, I knew it b4, I never his fan 4 once, We just allowed the constitution to take its place , thats why he is there 4 a while, Sooner, He will take his live come 2011. Visionless Leader called BADLUCK angry
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by xboje: 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2010
Na wa o for this country oh. Wonders they say shall never end. shocked
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
it still beats me y and how jonathan should use 10 billion naira 4 an anniversary or betastill celebration of stupidity and now alamesiya lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed infact i rest my case shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by OAM4J: 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
onye_ngbu:

I am not saying that Alams is not a thief and I am not also in position to say he is  . . . .

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/may/23/national-23-05-2010-001.htm

Who cares what his side of story is?

The fact remains that he stole money, laundered money, arrested in UK, he jumped bail in UK ran back to Nigeria, after he was impeached, was arrested and taken to court, he pleaded guilty and was convicted.

So tell me which part of the above is not clear enough?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by bkbabe99: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
Nigeria 
   Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, Hutchinson

Ni·ge·ri·a  (n-jîr-)

A country of western Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.  Population: 150,000,000. A country of known "big mouths". They talk alot of shiyyt but never back it up. They are used to suffering unlike no other persons on planet earth. For fifty years they've been taken on a ride by their government.  For Fifty years they've been violently,and condomlessly, "mind-fucke*d" by the political ruling class. They believe that God will come down from the heavens to solve their problems. Their Senators are the highest paid Government officials on earth, earning an average of $1million suskies per annum. The citizens are known to fight everyone else but the person that punched them in the face (i.e Biafrans' hatred for the Yorubas even though the Hausas barbecued them 1967-1970). The most religious people on earth, hypocritical as all hell as indicated by almost daily reports of at least one of their citizens being arrested in one part of the globe or the other for either drug or financial crimes. Their brightest brains are always killed off systematically by the State. Old, senile, and blindly followed ex-warlords usually endorse other old, senile, murderous, and terribly corrupt military ex-Heads of states as Presidents in civilian elections- - - so long as the necessary bribe has been paid! It is believed that Jesus' first stop on his return to earth will be to this shiyyyt hole.

Ni·geri·an adj. & n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by onyengbu1(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2010
OAM4J:

Who cares what his side of story is?

The fact remains that he stole money, laundered money, arrested in UK, he jumped bail in UK ran back to Nigeria, after he was impeached, was arrested and taken to court, he pleaded guilty and was convicted.

So tell me which part of the above is not clear enough?

You better start caring about other people's side of story. especially when it was about Nigerian politics.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by OAM4J: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
onye_ngbu:

You better start caring about other people's side of story. especially when it was about Nigerian politics.

My point is that, his side of the story is very irrelevant because the facts are obvious for all to see.

Besides of what use is his side of the story coming after 4 years.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
shevalync:

thats my position man you are entitle to urs. for me obj, ibb GJ etc are bird of a feather and didnt OBJ and his cohort steal our money? pls educate me if i dont know.

Your position, based on an apocryphal and incomplete news report from a non-completely reliable source is retarded!

chidexy:

I am not saying that the CNN Job for the former disgraced New York Governor is a job in politics. I pointed that out just to show that politicians take care of their own. I am in no way supporting Alami's appointment (if it's true), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's done. It's done the world over. Nigerians have the shortest memory in politics and bringing his name and face up to national limelight will help in erasing his negative image - if in doubt ask Babangida

Please remind me in the UK or USA where a man convicted and sent to jail was given a government job afterwards.

onye_ngbu:

If you are not in a position to say he is a thief after he was arrested in a country with a sane legal system, from where he fled, was convicted in Nigeria, jailed and assets beyond his means are seized WHADAFUCK are you in a position to comment on in life?

onye_ngbu:

You believe and propagate such trash from such a cretin?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
OAM4J:

My point is that, his side of the story is very irrelevant because the facts are obvious for all to see.

Besides of what use is his side of the story coming after 4 years.
the governor-general of izon wari can talk rubbish now;refute any allegations and evidences against him now that he has his boy as the president.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Can I see the picture please.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3205.160.html
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Greycells(m): 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2010
Jonathan needs his own coalition and who will serve his interest best other than discredited and YEYE peoples a la PDPssssssssss grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Beaf: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

beaf as usual always myopic and inconsistent.na wao

Halfwits have started learning new words these days! grin In case you missed what I said, here it is again; this time connect a brain to your neck before replying -

Beaf:
I really pity Nigerians of tomorrow! 

Some here are commenting foolishly as if they know for sure that Alams was given a federal govt appointment; even though, very strangely, only Sahara reporters knows about this "appointment" (just that, they don't know what is or for that matter, what it is called ).
Some others have fallen into fights with each other and are exchanging words. Shame.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2010
Beaf:

Halfwits have started learning new words these days! grin In case you missed what I said, here it is again; this time connect a brain to your neck before replying -

rotflmao.so you actually think i'm a drop-out.funny though.if i may ask,who are the nigerians of tommorrow you were referring to and why did you disregard the report ? Would you have reacted that way if saharareporters had eulogise jonathan.what a life!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by xterra2(m): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2010
Jonathan is on his way to being the Worst president
This man is clueless wait so  Jonathan is  still loyal to his former boss
Better Enjoy Aso rock while you can cause your blass a,ss is going back to Bayelsa may 29 2011
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
G-reycells:

Jonathan needs his own coalition and who will serve his interest best other than discredited and YEYE peoples a la PDPssssssssss grin grin grin grin grin

Why do you think he needs his own coalition? Are you somehow suggesting that to this point, this same man who cleared out all the ministers the very first week he became Acting President, has not gotten his own coaliton and all now? Are you somehow suggesting he have another nincompoop at the helms of things again?

The man is showing you what substance he is made of and you are here busy deluding yourself into believing that he is still not where he wants to be in terms of cabinet yet. Are you for real?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Beaf: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

rotflmao.so you actually think i'm a drop-out.funny though.if i may ask,who are the nigerians of tommorrow you were referring to and why did you disregard the report ? Would you have reacted that way if saharareporters had eulogise jonathan.what a life!!!

Ok, since you say you aren't a halfwit, can you tell us what federal function alams has been appointed to? Next, can you tell us the name of the function?
Of course, your answer to both will be "no I can't, because the 'news' story didn't actually say". Doh! Only halfwits wouldn't question such a "news" story but instead, find crazy scenarios and angles to build in. Na wa! cry cry cry

Ninny's jump at rumours, thats why I expressed sadness at some Nigerians of tomorrow. cool
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by redsun(m): 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
bk/babe99:

Nigeria 
   Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, Hutchinson

Ni·ge·ri·a  (n-jîr-)

A country of western Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.  Population: 150,000,000. A country of known "big mouths". They talk alot of shiyyt but never back it up. They are used to suffering unlike no other persons on planet earth. For fifty years they've been taken on a ride by their government.  For Fifty years they've been violently,and condomlessly, "mind-fucke*d" by the political ruling class. They believe that God will come down from the heavens to solve their problems. Their Senators are the highest paid Government officials on earth, earning an average of $1million suskies per annum. The citizens are known to fight everyone else but the person that punched them in the face (i.e Biafrans' hatred for the Yorubas even though the Hausas barbecued them 1967-1970). The most religious people on earth, hypocritical as all hell as indicated by almost daily reports of at least one of their citizens being arrested in one part of the globe or the other for either drug or financial crimes. Their brightest brains are always killed off systematically by the State. Old, senile, and blindly followed ex-warlords usually endorse other old, senile, murderous, and terribly corrupt military ex-Heads of states as Presidents in civilian elections- - - so long as the necessary bribe has been paid! It is believed that Jesus' first stop on his return to earth will be to this shiyyyt hole.

Ni·geri·an adj. & n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

You are beginning to sound less like a tribal bigot,keep it up.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Rmc1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2010
I just hope the news is not true , if not i hence fort cease to be a supporter of jonathan and am sure millions of nigerians will turn against jonathan because of this stup,id move.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2010
Beaf:

Ok, since you say you aren't a halfwit, can you tell us what federal function alams has been appointed to? Next, can you tell us the name of the function?
Of course, your answer to both will be "no I can't, because the 'news' story didn't actually say". Doh! Only halfwits wouldn't question such a "news" story but instead, find crazy scenarios and angles to build in. Na wa! cry cry cry

Ninny's jump at rumours, thats why I expressed sadness at some Nigerians of tomorrow. cool
so i guess your opinion will change if the story happens to be true cuz i'm counting it for you.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by redsun(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
Don't nigeria and britain have extradition pact?The said man should be extradited to britain to face his criminal charges.

However,but we all know that nigeria is a rogue state,why are we always surprise when things like this happen?Almost 99 percent of ex and serving government officials in nigeria are overripe for jailyard,the only thing keeping them out of jail is the rogue nature of the country.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2010
Rotflmao
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Beaf: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

so i guess your opinion will change if the story happens to be true cuz i'm counting it for you.

Charlie, free yourself! Don't count on me, instead stop fabricating stories and abetting rumours; thats all you are getting associated with. People see bluethooth and think, "oh, an untruth or exageration can't be far off".

I simply asked you for the details of the so called news story you have been energeticaly pushing, and of course, you are balking because, the "news" story is totally vaporous and false. Shame.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by redsun(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
Beaf:

Charlie, free yourself! Don't count on me, instead stop fabricating stories and abetting rumours; thats all you are getting associated with. People see bluethooth and think, "oh, an untruth or exageration can't be far off".

I simply asked you for the details of the so called news story you have been energeticaly pushing, and of course, you are balking because, the "news" story is totally vaporous and false. Shame.

But why do u think jonathan is the right person for a broken nigeria even he is a pronounced member of a criminal gang called PDP?How did he stand out from the thieves ideologically and morally?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Ranoscky(m): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2010
Rano walks in. . . *yawns*. . .mscheew! *Omo make i go sleep abeg, NL no get better topic again.*
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Beaf: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
redsun:

But why do u think jonathan is the right person for a broken nigeria even he is a pronounced member of a criminal gang called PDP?How did he stand out from the thieves ideologically and morally?

Would the answers to that justify the publication of outright lies in the press? That is all I am concerned about. Why should a news agency publish blatant lies and why should seemingly intelligent people join in propagating such lies?

Its a vulture party with music by Dracula and his blood suckers.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2010
Beaf:

#10 billion budgeted for independence day celebration.
Over 700 politicians went to south Africa to watch the opening match of the super eagles.
jonathan travelled to canada for G8 summit with 200 delegate
#3.3 billion yatch for jonathan
Alams to get federal govt committee appointment
these are the news i have for you on jonathan and you have virtually dismissed every one of it.let's wait and see what happens next.the truth will soon be revealed.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Beaf: 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
^
Liers have a way of attempting to duck and when that fails, they shift the goal posts.

You cannot escape. Its a simple task for you and your kind. Prove that Alams has been given a federal govt committee appointment by;
[list]
[li]telling us the name of the committee[/li]
[li]telling us the function of the commitee[/li]
[/list]

It can't be that difficult if your so called news isn't a lie, can it?
If you cannot do the above, then you must shoulder being viewed as a propagator of falsehoods. Simple.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by kobikwelu(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2010
all about the nigerian politicians,

business as usual
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
Lies from me or from credible sources you chose to dispute.
Beaf:

^
Liers have a way of attempting to duck and when that fails, they shift the goal posts.

You cannot escape. Its a simple task for you and your kind. Prove that Alams has been given a federal govt committee appointment by;
[list]
[li]telling us the name of the committee[/li]
[li]telling us the function of the commitee[/li]
[/list]

It can't be that difficult if your so called news isn't a lie, can it?
If you cannot do the above, then you must shoulder being viewed as a propagator of falsehoods. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Accuses U.S Of Hypocrisy In Dealing With Boko Haram / I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany / Anti-party Activities: APC Govs Back Amosun, Okorocha, Yari Against Oshiomhole,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.