Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Game Development: Join The Team - Programming (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Join The Team (54032 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Join The Team by neowelsh(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2010
//Well done 2all.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main
{

Cout << "Name: Onyoh Abel clement" <<endl;
cout << "email: abelconyoh@gmail.com"<<endl;
cout << "phone no: 08034447193 "<<endl;
cout << " skils: c++ "<<endl<<"mathemathics"<<endl<<"physics"<<"circuit analysis"<<endl<<"analysing of digital and logical systems"<<endl;
system("pause"wink;
return 0;
}
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by laurexie(m): 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
hey guys good job, as far as am concerned, this is the hottest treand, i honsetly wuld love to join u guys. bt rigth now i am zero on programming, bt i see myself joining u soon if i see a good tutor, believe me , i learn very fassssssst.
currently sturdying computer science in oau 100 level, anybody plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.  world best u can have impact in my life. waitingggggggggggggggg
u can reach me on 08076148005.
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by worldbest(m): 5:28am On Dec 24, 2010
@neo: welcome to the team. Feel free to contribute. Thanks

@laurexie:

Before you decide to learn programming you must first decide which area/field interest you. You may decide to program Web, Desktop and mobile applications.

Then you choose a programming language. Examples are PHP for Web, Python/C++/Java for Desktop, Java/C++ for mobile.

If you want to join us quickly, i would suggest you go learn Javascript @ http://w3schools.com since we'll be using it with Unity3D(our preferred game engine) as our scripting language.

I hope it helps.
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by laurexie(m): 8:46am On Dec 24, 2010
world best, honestly words alone can't express how gr8full i am 4 ur reply,but wht if i don't wnt to join u quickly, if i wanna take it one step at a time from the scratch,wt do u suggest?
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by worldbest(m): 11:02am On Dec 24, 2010
@laurexie: I am always available to help you and anyone. Yes! I would suggest you take your time, learn, experiment, feel excited and proud about whatever you do no matter how basic it may seem. If you do decide to learn a High-level language, i would advice you to choose Python. Its simple and powerful. Writing Web apps with it is also possible too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by gameaddict(m): 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
I'm hoping we can finish this side project before the year runs out. Working on it. one level. one objective: Get to the bridge in the shortest time possible a la blow up if you fail to get there at a required time.

Your Arch enemy, Dr Morpheus kosókó Samuels (lol) has set up a little test for you. He's hypnotized you with one of his latest and crazy mind control machine which puts you in a kind of forest maze. You have to defeat his cooked up monsters and get to the bridge to win or else your brain gets fried as you die with an image of an exploding forest-oh the horror (okay, not funny,  I've got a headache, can't think much, sorry).

You've got two weapons, one nl-55-dxr(nl stands for nairaland,  dxr stands for,  meh) and a short range rocket lancher. Can you do it?

Everyone should try to come up with plans for the forest maze/level layout quickly. I'm trying to animate one of the monsters I created now and I'll try texturing it later. Let's make a game before Jan 1, 2011.

Re: Game Development: Join The Team by Zeta(m): 7:19am On Dec 25, 2010
I can really see the effort and creativity in making this game. Tell me you guys don't code every single detail of the game. I program 2D java games, and I know how tasking that can be. So I can't imagine coding a 3D game from scratch. Goodluck to you all.
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by lekside44(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2010
Who haveidea of simulation
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by gameaddict(m): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2010
I've uploaded a web player to http://gamer.byethost32.com but it's not working on my PC. I tried offline deployment and streaming but both web players are giving me errors. You guys should visit the page and see if the game loads.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by ndukwejoe(m): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2011
i like this keep it up
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by lekside44(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2011
I need people with knowledge in artificial intelligent or system engineering
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by alecpontin: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
Yeah good looking , I wait for the game, also want to join the membership of ur team to support,
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by castrokins(m): 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Everyone,
Is there a place for non-programmers like myself to come in and learn the trade?

Re: Game Development: Join The Team by firehawk: 2:42am On Jan 15, 2011
Name: David Taiwo Ogundele
NickName: Fire Hawk
Email: d.taiwo@hotmail.com
Phone: 07032499237
Skills: C++ (Intermediate),
3DS MAX (Basic),
Photoshop CS4 (Basic)

Please lets do this and i have ideas on games and animation but if i don't contact u it might die with me it's been long i've been looking for something like these thanks man pls lets do it we can.

Thanks.
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by gameaddict(m): 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hi guys!

Home for the weekend,

@ castrokins : Anyone who feels he can contribute in anyway is free to participate. Welcome to the team.

@ fire_hawk: Welcome to the team.

I've been doing some thinking about the project lately. There's still a lot of work to be done and we don't seem motivated or willing to work. We don't even have a working demo or prototype to motivate us. The other project I uploaded on new year's eve isn't working because of the host's limit or something. I'll try to get some money and buy some space but that would be after my exams at the end of February. Anyways, what have you guys been up to. I think you guys should try to work on stuff even if it isn't on the immediate project. who knows? Some brilliant ideas might come up. The multiplayer game I'm also working on is being delayed because of some networking issues. Each client is receiving all commands instead of it's own. I'm going to look into it later.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to upload the other project files I said I would upload before. I can only attempt uploads on weekends when I'm at home but my speed sucked on my attempts. I'll try again later.

Before I forget, does anyone know how to control animations well in unity scripts? One of my characters is supposed to do some cheesy attack animation when i press the left mouse button but it stops immediately I leave it. I tried using playqueued() on my idle animation but it isn't working well.
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by akay48(m): 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
WHOA! THANK GOD AM FINNALLY IN, I'VE BEEN TRYYING TO RE-REGISTER SINCE E DON TEY, VERY WELL DONE GUYS, WILL LYK TO JOIN THE TRAIN, AND I'LL SEND IN MY C.V SOONEST, AM AKINNIYI (AKAY47)
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by Harmone: 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2011
hi guys, am sorry i havent posted for some time, the problem is my access to internet. but i must say that i am not too happy with the way we are going about this game, i am also ashamed of my self, because i have not been able to keep to my words, but we have to organize ourselves properly, so many people have joined the team but with such a large number of people yet no major progress, well this is because we are not well organized. in a short while i will draw out a plan on how we can organize ourselves and i will post it later.

@game addict, thanks for your ginger, its like you are the only one in this team

@world best, we need to organize.
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2011
Name: Kudayisi Tobi
Email: aquarius4tkud@yahoo.com
Number: 08079284917
Skills: C++,VB,Java,HTML,PHP,PYTHON,PASCAL,SQL
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by harakiri(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2011
Wow,

People are doing real big things here. I'm so so so gonna upgrade my programming skills. I'm kinda rusty.
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by waisty: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2011
The fact that u guys are even attempting stuff like this brings joy to my heart
Sadly, i don't have the time to contribute actively
I tried to view what you guys have done, on the http://gamer.byethost32.com/ link, but i keep getting an "Error launching Unity Player"
I'm a relatively experienced software developer with advanced skills in java and intermediate skills in C
I also have some experience in AI
BUT NO EXPERIENCE WITH GAME PROGRAMMING IN PARTICULAR
I'll follow this thread as much as i can, and i'll be happy to help in terms of ideas and solutions to problems
All the best
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by mikkytrio(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2011
@house
- PHP 5
- Java (Mobile apps dev. - android, etc)
- C
- C++
- ASP
Where can I be of service?
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by lekside44(m): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2011
mikkytrio:

@house
- PHP 5
- Java (Mobile apps dev. - android, etc)
- C
- C++
- ASP
Where can I be of service?

c++
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by Innochris1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2011
Name: Innocent Emmanuel
E-mail: christyinno@rocketmail.com
Phone: 07066712109
Skills: C(Basic)
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2011
I already own a software company and we have games on the apple appstore and more to come on other platforms.  grin

I wish y'all the best though. But I will leave this very true comment: It's easy to start development of a game, but it's VERY hard to finish it. In fact, it is hardly ever finished as there is always "one more thing". But don't give up and be sure to release when you've gotten things to a fairly playable level.

Cheers,  wink
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by BigStar1(m): 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2011
Harmone:

hi guys, am sorry i havent posted for some time, the problem is my access to internet. but i must say that i am not too happy with the way we are going about this game, i am also ashamed of my self, because i have not been able to keep to my words, but we have to organize ourselves properly, so many people have joined the team but with such a large number of people yet no major progress, well this is because we are not well organized. in a short while i will draw out a plan on how we can organize ourselves and i will post it later.

@game addict, thanks for your ginger, its like you are the only one in this team

@world best, we need to organize.

Really, Am embarrassed to hear that since when this started, there has been no remarkable progress on the project. I have not been able to contribute since all these days, I was worried, thinking that the project might have gotten to a stage where I may not be relevant again. But all I see is that people keeps on joining the team everyday, even those that want to start learning programming from the scratch. The real fact is that, we embarked on an interesting project that people will always want to be part of, but that may not actually solve the problem at hand. I read a write up sent to me via email by an intellectual nigerian writer concerning this thread (though I read it late, remember i have not been coming online) my senses were opened, I expected a big change from everybody that reads that mail, but yet I can't see it.
Like Harmone just said, we need to be organized. In a nut shell the following are my suggestion (I wouldn't know if things like these have been discussed s) for your consideration.
1. Let's realise that we have a team and that it's a great team just like microsoft developer's team
2. I suggest that we should group ourselves (e.g The analysts, The Developers (graphics/code/anything), The Quality Assurance team etc)
3. I suggest that we organise a local/ costless get together (because money is always nigerian dream killer) so as to know each other and have a better discussion. What do we discuss? goto next line
4. I percieved that gameaddict is a great game developer, let's see how many people are closed to him in terms of understanding the concepts and how many others can he/they carry along.
5. let's set a time limit for the project. Because a dream without time limit is always not likely to become true
6. Lastly, I don't want to offend any nairalander, but I suggest that we close the registration for now

Remember what I asid at the early stage of this project? "Planning or Starting this project is not my fear. But the completion of it is what am thinking of.

Because we've had so many proposals like this on this forum, talk of software army, talk of web conference etc they are no where to be found today. How is this one gonna be?"
Please, Let's make this a reality. Let's do our BEST to give out the BEST, even thoughwe are not in the BEST country or have the BEST resources
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by worldbest(m): 8:12am On Feb 08, 2011
@Big Star and Harmone

You are correct, we currently are not organised atall. I also support the idea of closing the registration. I have been viewing this thread ever since and i must say gameaddict has been really cool. The problem is, we have not yet understood how to manage the flow of this project, how to efficiently share resources because we cannot have someone creating a level while another person is creating another different level. The fact that we also have not deviced a way to communicate physically is also a motivation drainer. As big star has said, a costless meeting will certainly be great, that way, we will know we have a team.

I also think we need to put our great storyline aside for now because we lack the required capacity to make such storyline happen. My suggestion is we create little games that are relatively simple. For example, we create a game where the player has to pick stars, a game where the player has to feel a basket with balls etc. Simple games like that lets us learn and by doing so we are preparing ourselves for our main goal.

I have a personal project that i am still working on but i stil feel hunted by the 'spirit' of this project. Right now i have two books on unity that i am currently reading. i will be posting stuffs i do hear for all to see.

Lets prevent this we have started from going down like others.

Cheers
Re: Game Development: Join The Team by BigStar1(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2011
Cool one.

Please, try to send the books to my box, bigstar4sure@yahoo.com. I need materials that will teach me the basics.

So, how do we go about the meeting? Let's fix a date and venue. Who is ready to host naija cool headed programmers (Don't be panic we will buy bottle water ourselves if at all we feel thirsty) If you guys won't mind, am in Osogbo (Osun State), do you feel like coming down here?

The meeting will also enable us to share materials that might be taking time to download.

Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server / Connecting To A Database Using Visual Basic / For Computer Science Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.