Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried (23166 Views)

Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs / CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, / Affiliate Marketing: They Are Taking Advantage Of Multi-billion Dollar Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by emmie14: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2018
superior1:
Africa and their leaders who with opens are working into second colonialism should be more worried but they do not have any head talkless of thinking brain.
What are the leadership of Africa doing with these fat loans? As far as Nigeria is consign there is no infrastructural development and upgrades. Everything is stagnant.

1 Like

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by AlphaStyles(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2018
Everybody be smiling and thank u china and bashing the usa no worry na when time reach to pay back those loans and we no get then you will know whatsup
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by pointstores(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2018
Africa need working brain and not loans since inception load can not help

2 Likes

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
nextstep:
Oh, I understand... this is a US-centric fear of Chinese dominance in trade with Africa.

They didn't complain when they were making all those loans in the 70's and 80's via IMF and World Bank that crippled most African economies until 2000's. They didn't complain when the money was used to buy their own products, with interested paid on top. Now that their lunch is being threatened, they're pointing out the dangers of loans...

Chinese entrepreneurs are investing heavily in Africa, hiring labour and building infrastructure. They are also a cheaper source of goods and machinery that African entrepreneurs are buying and using to boost our economy.

Around the world the USA is retreating - insulting friends and allies all the way - and China is quietly stepping in to fill those shoes, making deals with Europe, with Japan, with the rest of Asia, and with Africa. No dogma or imposing their views, just doing business.

Trust me, China is a worse imperialist than the West

The Chinese are ruthless and unethical

They are here in Africa for raw materials, resources And plunder.
They hire their own people, use their own company and all Africa gets is crumbs

Illegal mining is going on everywhere in Africa, land grabbing is real, and instead of our leaders to use their brain and dine with the devil with long spoon, in tyoical black man foolishness and emptiness, they are putting out countries up for sale for their benefit

Only Africans can develop Africa, and has the best interest of Africa at heart, and are in the best position to develop it

But Alas, even the Africans do not want the development of their countries

Anyways, wetin concern me, my descendents will be far from that cesspit when the repercussions come

5 Likes

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by bigpicture001: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
Dpharisee:

Let me educate you further, how much loan has the US given to us free of interest, do you know how much it cost us to offset the PAris loan by western countries, how much infrastructure has America built in Nigeria, how much knowledge has America transferred to you, show me an American project in Nigeria done by Nigerian companies?

China helped us in the fight against Boko Haram under GEJ while America was claiming human rights violation and refused to help us because they wanted BH to have an upper hand as a way of discrediting GEJ in favour of Buhari >........sad
..mr man.nowliaten to d real education cuz ur so so myopic about the world of development. the US has never ever made itself a loan giving country, instead it gives grants which are free of interest. do u know that the US AID spend more money on aub-sahara African on developments than even the united nations and also.more than the govt of these countries. I mean human development. du u know that the US AID offset the medical drugs cost of more than 4million HIV carriers in Nigeria. du u know that the US govt is the only reason ur police that is known for brutality does not go ahead and kill u. mayb u don't know how the SARS, prison wardens and co fear amnesty international. I know cuz Av been dia b4. now u don't even know that more than 80peecent of china's scholarships to Nigeria are for those going to learn the chinese language. so u know the chinese govt dos not care if ur president steals all d money dey loaned to them..? do u know that the US govt is so just that it gave a court rulling victory against it own firm for oil pollution in the niger delta whilat the Nigerian judicial system has already supported the Americans. have u heard about any happy worker in Nigeria in a chinese firm. du u know that most of these infrastructure loans come with clauses that more than 60 percent chinese firms will execute the projects

who is deceiving u dat the US is expoiting.nigerians or africans,they instead see us as ppl who are suffering nd need help,which they render through loans,grant.hunan right record. good govt and transparent govt. Go ahead and embrace china and later loose ur famous tin can island port or a portion of Niger delta oil wells. ur a big fool to tink china support Africa. they instead are luking to hook on to African resources...nd take full ownership of them forever....open ur eyes ma man. china does love u.the west do instead

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by toye440: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
Average Muslim thinking, yet they want to go to america instead of Saudi
Hypocritical fulls
kai it shall b well with you.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
magicminister:

Let me educate you!!

China has not helped us in any way. The loans they give us, have high interest rates.
The infrastructures they build are done only by Chinese companies and by Chinese citizens. They do not transfer any knowledge or skill needed for us to replicate such feat in other countries.

They do not benefit us in anyway!!!

that has been my fear
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
People making me laugh....Its not their fault, they haven't worked for a Chinese man before

1 Like

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by bigpicture001: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
contigiency:
Chinese operating options are far better than that of America.
..hiw..?
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by AlphaStyles(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ugosample:

Trust me, China is a worse imperialist than the West

The Chinese are ruthless and unethical

They are here in Africa for raw materials, resources And plunder.
They hire their own people, use their own company and all Africa gets is crumbs

Illegal mining is going on everywhere in Africa, land grabbing is real, and instead of our leaders to use their brain and dine with the devil with long spoon, in tyoical black man foolishness and emptiness, they are putting out countries up for sale for their benefit

Only Africans can develop Africa, and has the best interest of Africa at heart, and are in the best position to develop it

But Alas, even the Africans do not want the development of their countries

Anyways, wetin concern me, my descendents will be far from that cesspit when the repercussions come
leave dem dy never know watin dy sup

1 Like

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
win2kwire:

Mount the center stage is your worry?
So you rather be slaves to the Chinese than modern day westerners?

The west were never good role models but the Chinese will be even more brutal and disastrous, if you think Africa has it bad now wait until China fully controls the continent and then see where your fortunes lie.

Stupid stupid African monkeys with the mental intelligence of apes and chimpanzees are being enslaved but they are talking about silly things!

no mind them
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by akigbemaru: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
nextstep:
Oh, I understand... this is a US-centric fear of Chinese dominance in trade with Africa.

They didn't complain when they were making all those loans in the 70's and 80's via IMF and World Bank that crippled most African economies until 2000's. They didn't complain when the money was used to buy their own products, with interested paid on top. Now that their lunch is being threatened, they're pointing out the dangers of loans...

Chinese entrepreneurs are investing heavily in Africa, hiring labour and building infrastructure. They are also a cheaper source of goods and machinery that African entrepreneurs are buying and using to boost our economy.

Around the world the USA is retreating - insulting friends and allies all the way - and China is quietly stepping in to fill those shoes, making deals with Europe, with Japan, with the rest of Asia, and with Africa. No dogma or imposing their views, just doing business.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by ayaside(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
And Africa keeps on selling their birthright.Colonizing in the 21st Century.We haven't learnt nothing from history apart from for.we heads of state.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by akigbemaru: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
magicminister:

Let me educate you!!

China has not helped us in any way. The loans they give us, have high interest rates.
The infrastructures they build are done only by Chinese companies and by Chinese citizens. They do not transfer any knowledge or skill needed for us to replicate such feat in other countries.

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by GavelSlam: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
Africans complain about everything that surround them forgetting they too are responsible for their own precarious position.

A look at the typical commentary here would depict how each person tries to exonerate himself from the dysfunction, rot and malfeasance that Africa is well immersed in.

How many of you carry out research in your respective course of study?

You studied botany but you've since been a banker and now hustler.

You studied microbiology, got into yahoo, made bucks but nothing concern you with test tubes talkless of centrifuge.

From where would intellectual growth come?

How would we develop if all we do is complain about someone else?

Nigerians hate the truth and I know the truth is we conduct no research, hence no development , no ground-breaking invention, no new stream of income.

Dey there make pant dey wear you.

4 Likes

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Chrisenwa: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
Rather WHY AFRICA SHOULD BE WORRIED!!! All these funds can't be just for nothing in return! undecided
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by jomoh: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
akandi4u:
One in debt is indebted to poverty. Out of debt is out of poverty.

Tell that to Dangote with over $12billion in debt to build his refinery that is yet to produce anything after 5years.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by vincixpresso: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
Vocnewsblog:
God bless China for their benevolence.
It seems you didn't understand a single thing from what you just read. China is after the control of your resources, and not benevolence. Nothing goes for nothing. Get that into your head.For instance, your family loans money from a wealthier family, using the family business as collateral. The wealthy family knows you can't pay back within the stipulated time, & also that you will mismanage the money, but they go ahead and give give you the loan just because they are in dire need of your family business, and you are here calling it benevolence, mtcheww. I tire for you.

2 Likes

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by akigbemaru: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
eodavids:

Note that if American economy undergoes recession, the entire world will feel it.

Desist from harbouring hatred against U.S. have you ever summed up the AIDS that U.S dispenses to countries of the world annually?

Have you also summed the AIDS emanating annually from U.S. billionaires like Bill Gates and co?

If just the AIDS going to other countries from U.S will be stopped, many countries will almost cease to exist. So know it, U.S. strong economy is in the interest of all. To wish the contrary is suicidal.

China, on their part, are talking advantage of poorer countries. Tell me about ChinaAIDS to poorer countries if there are pls.

1 Like

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
People making me laugh....Its not their fault, they haven't worked for a Chinese man before

no mind them

I have never seen a hypocritical country like China before

Corruption and corrupt/unethical practices is punishable by death in China

However, in Africa, they support their people and firms to commit all sort of unethical crimes and diplomatic cover to escape when shit hits fan

Western corporations are more ethical, pay staff better, does csr and if their countries find out that they practiced unethical things abroad; they will be in big trouble, that is why they are careful, and that is why tgey are having it rough in Africa with the incursion of the Chinese

The Chinese can deal with autocratic regimes freely, bribe, steal and ruin the environment with NO consequence

A western corporation is restrained in that dept

3 Likes

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
bigpicture001:
..mr man.nowliaten to d real education cuz ur so so myopic about the world of development. the US has never ever made itself a loan giving country, instead it gives grants which are free of interest. do u know that the US AID spend more money on aub-sahara African on developments than even the united nations and also.more than the govt of these countries. I mean human development. du u know that the US AID offset the medical drugs cost of more than 4million HIV carriers in Nigeria. du u know that the US govt is the only reason ur police that is known for brutality does not go ahead and kill u. mayb u don't know how the SARS, prison wardens and co fear amnesty international. I know cuz Av been dia b4. now u don't even know that more than 80peecent of china's scholarships to Nigeria are for those going to learn the chinese language. so u know the chinese govt dos not care if ur president steals all d money dey loaned to them..? do u know that the US govt is so just that it gave a court rulling victory against it own firm for oil pollution in the niger delta whilat the Nigerian judicial system has already supported the Americans. have u heard about any happy worker in Nigeria in a chinese firm. du u know that most of these infrastructure loans come with clauses that more than 60 percent chinese firms will execute the projects

who is deceiving u dat the US is expoiting.nigerians or africans,they instead see us as ppl who are suffering nd need help,which they render through loans,grant.hunan right record. good govt and transparent govt. Go ahead and embrace china and later loose ur famous tin can island port or a portion of Niger delta oil wells. ur a big fool to tink china support Africa. they instead are luking to hook on to African resources...nd take full ownership of them forever....open ur eyes ma man. china does love u.the west do instead

But if you look deeper they are all ripping us off, just that America is doing it in a humane way.

Africans need to do away with these lazy useless leaders before our descendants end up as modern slaves
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by akigbemaru: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2018
bigpicture001:

1 Like

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by bigpicture001: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2018
olajide8:

I see a scenario where the wealth of America would contract- and a possibility that if a recession should happen again in america- there would be no country that would absorb the effects - and this would definitely lead to the collapse of the American economy - no matter the amount of economist they have they would be done for- what a shame- ottoman empire fell- great Egyptian empire collapsed - and trump moved America to the point of where it would soon collapse- where as he has investments outside america- *he wants to become richer then america*
....plz Hw is trump.ploting to be richer than america
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by PastorAji(m): 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
wattabout Indians and Lebanese?

1 Like

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2018
DaniDani:
I like this. USA cannot remain at the center forever. They have ruled and ruined for too long. Roman power, German invasion, and British Colonial Administration etc they reigned and left for others. USA should prepare for China to Mount the center stage
Africa was colonized back then by the Europeans and Portuguese with all our resources, both economic and human, plundered to develop the Western world.

Now China is back with financial colonization and African countries are falling into the trap so easily. I honestly pray God should open the eyes of understanding of African leaders on what this portends for future generations. Economic slavery.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by bigpicture001: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jiang:

But if you look deeper they are all ripping us off, just that America is doing it in a humane way.

Africans need to do away with these lazy useless leaders before our descendants end up as modern slaves
...u may b ryt to say dey are both ripping us.. but America has shown over decades that it is for transparent, corupt free, poverty free, tyranny free African govts.africa loves china ONLY cuz it's helps them.to steal all her resources
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by bigpicture001: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
bigpicture001:

who is deceiving u dat the US is expoiting.nigerians or africans,they instead see us as ppl who are suffering nd need help,which they render through loans,grant.hunan right record. good govt and transparent govt. Go ahead and embrace china and later loose ur famous tin can island port or a portion of Niger delta oil wells. ur a big fool to tink china support Africa. they instead are luking to hook on to African resources...nd take full ownership of them forever....open ur eyes ma man. china does not love u.the west do instead
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by djon78(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
magicminister:

Let me educate you!!

You got it spot on. That technology transfer is the worst. And for Africa to develop we need serious technology transfer. This was how Asian countries developed starting from Japan copying American technologies, then later Asian tiger's, China then India.

But African leaders with short sighted ness lack even basic understanding of what is facing future generations.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
PastorAji:
wattabout Indians and Lebanese?
lol... anything Asian, nor call me except pay is mouth watering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by haryomikun(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
Tallesty1:
Always remember that your country is the grass where this two elephants fight.
The guy obviously only read the title and concluded... He doesn't understand shii about the article
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by magicminister: 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
Dpharisee:

Let me educate you further, how much loan has the US given to us, how much infrastructure has America built in Nigeria, how much knowledge has America transferred to you, show me an American project in Nigeria done by Nigerian companies?
China helped us in the fight against Boko Haram under GEJ while America was claiming human rights violation because they wanted BH to have an upper hand as a way of discrediting GEJ in favour of Buhari

I am also against the high interest loans we received from Europe and America.
However, those loans were free of conditions and European and some North American conglomerates opened showed in nigeria.

E.g Guinness, Heineken, pwc, total, chevron, Delloitte, kpmg and some here and there.

P.s. I am not saying the American and European loans helped us but atleast the money was allowed to circulate to our own people but our leaders mismanaged it.

On the contrary, there Chinese loan is still a high interest loan that flows back to them. The Chinese projects inNigeria are paid for by those loans but they only use Chinese workers. The guise of building infrastructures without training the locals is just as callous as it gets.
The whole thing seems like the Chinese are giving a loan to themselves but Nigerians will pay them the value of the loan and the interest. It’s a loose loose situation for us!!

1 Like

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ugosample:

no mind them

I have never seen a hypocritical country like China before

Corruption and corrupt/unethical practices is punishable by death in China

However, in Africa, they support their people and firms to commit all sort of unethical crimes and diplomatic cover to escape when shit hits fan

Western corporations are more ethical, pay staff better, does csr and if their countries find out that they practiced unethical things abroad; they will be in big trouble, that is why they are careful, and that is why tgey are having it rough in Africa with the incursion of the Chinese

The Chinese can deal with autocratic regimes freely, bribe, steal and ruin the environment with NO consequence

A western corporation is restrained in that dept
When you support the west, some people will call you a white man worshipper, that you should emancipate your self from mental slavery....If America goes down, the free world goes down with them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / What Can I Buy From Dubai with N500k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.