Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried (22929 Views)

Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs / CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, / Affiliate Marketing: They Are Taking Advantage Of Multi-billion Dollar Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Justinah4real(f): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2018
Realname:

Exactly

Your governors, senators , ministers president and the entire executive will find means of.lootimg this , ptcuasimg homes in Europe and America , so the western countires get free money entering their society

Nigeria is in trouble

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Vocnewsblog(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2018
vincixpresso:

It seems you didn't understand a single thing from what you just read. China is after the control of your resources, and not benevolence. Nothing goes for nothing. Get that into your head.For instance, your family loans money from a wealthier family, using the family business as collateral. The wealthy family knows you can't pay back within the stipulated time, & also that you will mismanage the money, but they go ahead and give give you the loan just because they are in dire need of your family business, and you are here calling it benevolence, mtcheww. I tire for you.
Is the benevolence your benevolence? why this long story, what if at the long run they didn't collect anything from Africa, what will happen to you by then?
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by mapet: 9:05am On Sep 05, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
Kindly forward this to mapet.

I can't waste time educating morons.

//

And If I may ask, what exactly should be my take-away from this?

Ps: You may choose to run away from a detailed dissection of this if you cannot stand the "intellectual-heat"........
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by dwilliams707: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2018
Mklancee:

Except that USA will be last world power
How do you mean bro,please explain
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by dwilliams707: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2018
win2kwire:

Mount the center stage is your worry?
So you rather be slaves to the Chinese than modern day westerners?

The west were never good role models but the Chinese will be even more brutal and disastrous, if you think Africa has it bad now wait until China fully controls the continent and then see where your fortunes lie.

Stupid stupid African monkeys with the mental intelligence of apes and chimpanzees are being enslaved but they are talking about silly things!
Thank God I still have a sensible Nigerian here,chai bros I just weep for my people..smh
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2018
dwilliams707:

How do you mean bro,please explain
the world is moving into a phase when no single nation will be able to dominate it again.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
This article sounds more like a self-centered and ego-centric reflection of the US' perception of itself.
This is the height of hypocrisy, because I can only describe your attitude towards Africa & Africans as half-hearted complicity. We've heard stories of how you give our moronic leaders loans at high interest rates, with conditions reminiscent of those given by the Chinese, how your companies doing business here bribe, violate regulations and evade taxes without facing consequences because african states don't want to get secretly sanctioned by you Uncle Sam, how you support our foolish leaders to loot us and help them keep the monies safely, and how you meddle with african govts' policies to serve your interest as explicitly demonstrated in the nonsense you call a write up, among other crimes. You only repatriate the looted funds sometimes and make constructive comments about our farcical fight against corruption to appear well meaning. Fact is african countries lose more than they get in aids (aids which never make us think of how to develop our continent). So Mr Grant, tell your Donald Dumb** and his cabinet to focus on your failing educational system (hint: learn from Finland) broke Social security, insolvent Federal reserve bank, looming US economic crisis because of the impending market correction, failing banking system (tip: learn from Hongkong & Singapore), crazy-high debt to GDP ratio, extremely low domestic interest rates encouraging outward glinting but soft-underbellied startups and established firms to burn investors money, and general laziness of the average american today.
As for the chinese, they are birds of the same feather with the west, and maybe even a worse enemy. FYI, they have plans to take control of our continent through gifts and interventions wrapped in trojan horses. Check around you, chinese companies are getting almost every benefit from our govts now because our stupid govts think they are our saviour. Suicidal!
Now on to donkeys we call state officials. Isn't it laughable that both the US & China consider Africa a prize of a lifetime one must win? I have a feeling our politicians are not as dumb as to not to know the implications of losing major national treasures such as mineral resources, ports, lands etc. to foreigners (aliens in my opinion because that what they call us in their countries too). However, they just don't care about the future of our nations, and they are too selfish to reflect on the terms and reconsider, or if the loans are really needed to boost our economies, demand better conditions. It's been the same story for decades and i fear that's how it'll continue to be. FYI, Africa as continent contributes only 3% to global trade..that's a damningly horrible figure.
What do you educational institutes are made for? To just read and write? No, wrong. They are for nation building. But what they do there today, just cram up notebooks and copy them back into answer booklets because our leaders have never given it a thought to develop independent technology by empowering these institutions, since foreign countries are there to import from (exceptions are South Africa, Egypt & Algeria, although the likes of Namibia, Kenya & Ghana are coming through). That's why we have engineers who can't build anything, microbiologists who handled a microscope less than 5 times in 5yrs in uni (like me and some people from other unis I've met), had to send blood samples to Senegal for tests during the Ebola mini crisis, and still import basic things like toothpicks. What a shame!
Have you ever asked yourself how tiny countries like Luxembourg & Singapore, or medium-sized Belgium, New Zealand, Chile, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Finland & Austria are self sustaining? They are very productive and have good policies in place.
So how do you improve your economy? Do better than what those countries are doing well, meaning let your citizens be more productive, put good policies in place regarding every sector of your nation's economy, and let market forces determine the prices of stuff.
Unless we go back to the drawing board, and agree to work towards the resolutions in unison as a people with national interest in mind regardless of ethnic or religious ties, expect more horror stories and calamities.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by amanikondo: 2:11am On Sep 06, 2018
Dpharisee:
US own is always counter terrorism, poverty breeds terrorism, if people are rich they wont want to become suicide bombers.
China is helping Africa to build infrastructure, schools and healthcare while America gives 'aid' in form of military hardware.
Show me a road built with US aid in Nigeria.

LOL. Dont worry when China seize your port. Is the US father Xmas to build road for you? Show me the road Nigeria build in Ghana.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by amanikondo: 2:19am On Sep 06, 2018
nextstep:
Oh, I understand... this is a US-centric fear of Chinese dominance in trade with Africa.

They didn't complain when they were making all those loans in the 70's and 80's via IMF and World Bank that crippled most African economies until 2000's. They didn't complain when the money was used to buy their own products, with interested paid on top. Now that their lunch is being threatened, they're pointing out the dangers of loans...

Chinese entrepreneurs are investing heavily in Africa, hiring labour and building infrastructure. They are also a cheaper source of goods and machinery that African entrepreneurs are buying and using to boost our economy.

Around the world the USA is retreating - insulting friends and allies all the way - and China is quietly stepping in to fill those shoes, making deals with Europe, with Japan, with the rest of Asia, and with Africa. No dogma or imposing their views, just doing business.

Village economist.

Your eye will clear in 20 years time. Show me a Chinese project that utilizes local Nigerians in Nigeria. They bring their prisoners (Facts) to come and work in your backyard. The few Nigerians they employ are errand boys to buy Agege bread.

Who told you the number 1 economy in the world is retreating? The reason President of China called a meeting of African leaders is because of the 200 billion tariffs Trump is slamming on them. They need to use Africa as a counter weight. The last meeting happened 3 years ago.

No free lunch. Your crude oil is signed into your loan with over inflated cost. Just ask Venezuela, Pakistan and other Shiit hole countries.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by win2kwire: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
African Workers Beaten Mercilessly By Their Chinese Bosses In Gabon:
https://www.nairaland.com/4717917/african-workers-beaten-mercilessly-chinese

WHEN THEY FINALLY TAKE OVER... IT WILL BE Africans used for shooting practice By Chinese
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by InvertedHammer: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
/
cc: amanikondo

China is about to seize the control of ZEWASCO (Zambia's electrical company) for the country's default on a loan.

I feel sorry for Nigeria.

Buhari may be long dead when these things start happening.

https://www.pulselive.co.ke/bi/finance/china-to-take-over-zambias-power-firm-over-loan-default-id8826502.html?
/
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by amanikondo: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
cc: amanikondo

China is about to seize the control of ZEWASCO (Zambia's electrical company) for the country's default on a loan.

I feel sorry for Nigeria.

Buhari may be long dead when these things start happening.

https://www.pulselive.co.ke/bi/finance/china-to-take-over-zambias-power-firm-over-loan-default-id8826502.html?
/

The west may not be good but China will be worse. I saw it too through my regular channel on Youtube called "China Uncensored" you should check it out.
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by InvertedHammer: 7:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
amanikondo:

The west may not be good but China will be worse. I saw it too through my regular channel on Youtube called "China Uncensored" you should check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B9xxXOTUy8

It is sad that the so-called educated Africans are the most ignorant of the bunch.

Cc. nextstep Vocnewsblog Ugosample. Kirchoff. Madeu Akinz0126. rock003. win2kwire. Dpharisee. Simpson10 mapet

/
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by rock003: 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:

It is sad that the so-called educated Africans are the most ignorant of the bunch.

Cc. nextstep Vocnewsblog Ugosample. Kirchoff. Madeu Akinz0126. rock003. win2kwire. Dpharisee. Simpson10 mapet

/

Hmnmm scary stuff. It's strange that buhari et al never knew all these
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

I just called a partner from Liberia about three hours ago and we were discussing about other things and this top is of China cropped up

Apparently, George Weah is about to sell his country to slavery to the Chinese

60 delegates went on a jamboree to China to beg for money

And the deal that they have us resource swap deals

$2.tv in exchange for resources

But what the deal did not specify is the volume of resources China will extract in exchange for thst money

They may even extract $10b worth of minerals from Liberia in exchange for $2.5b paper money that the useless elite has already started squandering

I told him to take heart, that his country is done for

I saw similar thing in Sierra Leone as well...

The Chinese now run things there, all the way to even baking of bread.

Who curses this continent? ?

And when we talk, the mass of fools we call fellow Africans will be screaming at the top of their voices to shout is down

is this the continent that wants to develop?

Jokers!

3 Likes

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2018
win2kwire:
African Workers Beaten Mercilessly By Their Chinese Bosses In Gabon:
https://www.nairaland.com/4717917/african-workers-beaten-mercilessly-chinese

WHEN THEY FINALLY TAKE OVER... IT WILL BE Africans used for shooting practice By Chinese

It's scary to think about it mehn
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by nextstep(m): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

For my part, I was questioning the sudden fear mongering by the West about China's intention - pointing to the West's history of hypocritically doing exactly the same thing they're complaining about. The only difference is that they are not the beneficiaries of this new neocolonialism, hence the complaint. They didn't make all this noise when they were colonizing brazenly; they didn't complain when IMF, World Bank were holding African countries hostage and forcing them to implement "structural adjustments" while making unsustainable interests payment; and they certainly didn't complain about the occasional assassination and/or overthrows in order to install leaders subservient to them.

I also indicated that the Chinese are brining in much needed infrastructural development and money - of course it behooves the African country to do its due diligence, and strive for "self-directed, internally stimulated" development. Nobody will develop Africa but Africans. No country has developed purely based on the goodwill of outsiders, and our leaders are indeed naiive to continue this subservient world view. I always make a point of how far Korea and China (to mention a few) have come in just 4-5 decades, and how we went from begging England, US to develop us, and now to China; we haven't learnt the lesson right in front of us: we have to seize our own destiny and not depend on outsiders to develop for us.

To summarize: I'm not happy with the way African countries are going to yet-another-colonial master in hope of development, but I view the alarm from the West with very cynical eyes. They are not raising the alarm to warn us, they are warning each other that China is taking their lunch.

4 Likes

Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
simpson10:
This article sounds more like a self-centered and ego-centric reflection of the US' perception of itself.
This is the height of hypocrisy, because I can only describe your attitude towards Africa & Africans as half-hearted complicity. We've heard stories of how you give our moronic leaders loans at high interest rates, with conditions reminiscent of those given by the Chinese, how your companies doing business here bribe, violate regulations and evade taxes without facing consequences because african states don't want to get secretly sanctioned by you Uncle Sam, how you support our foolish leaders to loot us and help them keep the monies safely, and how you meddle with african govts' policies to serve your interest as explicitly demonstrated in the nonsense you call a write up, among other crimes. You only repatriate the looted funds sometimes and make constructive comments about our farcical fight against corruption to appear well meaning. Fact is african countries lose more than they get in aids (aids which never make us think of how to develop our continent). So Mr Grant, tell your Donald Dumb** and his cabinet to focus on your failing educational system (hint: learn from Finland) broke Social security, insolvent Federal reserve bank, looming US economic crisis because of the impending market correction, failing banking system (tip: learn from Hongkong & Singapore), crazy-high debt to GDP ratio, extremely low domestic interest rates encouraging outward glinting but soft-underbellied startups and established firms to burn investors money, and general laziness of the average american today.
As for the chinese, they are birds of the same feather with the west, and maybe even a worse enemy. FYI, they have plans to take control of our continent through gifts and interventions wrapped in trojan horses. Check around you, chinese companies are getting almost every benefit from our govts now because our stupid govts think they are our saviour. Suicidal!
Now on to donkeys we call state officials. Isn't it laughable that both the US & China consider Africa a prize of a lifetime one must win? I have a feeling our politicians are not as dumb as to not to know the implications of losing major national treasures such as mineral resources, ports, lands etc. to foreigners (aliens in my opinion because that what they call us in their countries too). However, they just don't care about the future of our nations, and they are too selfish to reflect on the terms and reconsider, or if the loans are really needed to boost our economies, demand better conditions. It's been the same story for decades and i fear that's how it'll continue to be. FYI, Africa as continent contributes only 3% to global trade..that's a damningly horrible figure.
What do you educational institutes are made for? To just read and write? No, wrong. They are for nation building. But what they do there today, just cram up notebooks and copy them back into answer booklets because our leaders have never given it a thought to develop independent technology by empowering these institutions, since foreign countries are there to import from (exceptions are South Africa, Egypt & Algeria, although the likes of Namibia, Kenya & Ghana are coming through). That's why we have engineers who can't build anything, microbiologists who handled a microscope less than 5 times in 5yrs in uni (like me and some people from other unis I've met), had to send blood samples to Senegal for tests during the Ebola mini crisis, and still import basic things like toothpicks. What a shame!
Have you ever asked yourself how tiny countries like Luxembourg & Singapore, or medium-sized Belgium, New Zealand, Chile, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Finland & Austria are self sustaining? They are very productive and have good policies in place.
So how do you improve your economy? Do better than what those countries are doing well, meaning let your citizens be more productive, put good policies in place regarding every sector of your nation's economy, and let market forces determine the prices of stuff.
Unless we go back to the drawing board, and agree to work towards the resolutions in unison as a people with national interest in mind regardless of ethnic or religious ties, expect more horror stories and calamities.

Africa and Africans are not ready for anything sensible
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Ugosample(m): 9:33am On Sep 14, 2018
win2kwire:

Yes, the west did milk Africa and are still doing so...at least they have some basic standards which the Chinese don't have.

Post colonization and enter the 21 century:
Infrastructure loan projects by Western countries are often carried out by loal unskilled workers, the Chinese use their own prisoners to do all aspects of the work.
-They loan you the money for the project at prime lending rates
-They bring their own cheap of slave labour (Prisoners)
-They use substandard materials so the project lifespan is short and Africans can take another loan to build new one.
-They create condition so you can default on the loan, they then seize a big chunk of the national infrastructure like port, mine, oil field or even national treasures.
-China is far worse than Western companies for unsafe working conditions, exploitative hours, and threats to those that pose complaints.

-They have African-mentality schooling for Chinese staff going to work in Africa, they are to treat the Africans like subjects, shout, scream, kick, abuse and bribe police to deal with them if they retaliate.

China is exposing thousands of Chinese prisoners to Africa where crime is already high, there have been many cases of rape, pregnancies, abuse and murders that resulted in police bribery, sneaking the china men out of Africa and other deals to protect their interests.

Africans are their own worst enemies, their illiterate mentality does not allow them scratch the surface, when you listen to people like these you see why Africa continues to go backwards.

After Western colonization, Africa should be competing with the emerging economies like China not working to impose Asian colonization on Africa.

to aim up all you have said

Western Countries run on ethics

Chinese companies don't

Western Corporations pay the highest wages and salaries on the continent

China does not

Tell me any corporation that pays higher

Given a choice ti work for a western, Chinese or Nigerian corporation, which one will most people choose?

Africans are just stupid

we have not learnt anything through the centuries
For us, it's all about today, eat today, enjoy today at the expense of tomorrow undecided
Re: China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2018
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Enterpreneurship Foundation 2018 Successful Candidates (Full List) / What Can I Buy From Dubai with N500k? / MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.