Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! (7752 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? / Between Saraki And Jonathan: Is Goodluck Jonathan An Accident Waiting To Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by truly: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2010
beewhyfocs:

Nigeria - a country with 150 million population. Unfortunately, the same 150 million presidents rules the country. Or why cant we just allow GJ to be the president he is and allow him to work.

Let FIFA ban us if need be and we would know its for a cause of football sanity in the country. Who would loose afterall? Is it not the NFF cabal? I read some pleading for the youth. Have they ever paraded our best footballers? Is it not their people they call?

Lets wait and see. Are we not the ones that call for revolutions all the time? Why then are we scared of FIFA ban even if it last 5 years.
Ok, who has interfered in the privatisation of NItel - It has been on since 2001
What has the government done with the free hand on that
We were promised 6,000MW by Dec last year. GJ was the chairman of the committee
We did not interfere, but no performance
GJ himself promised a power sector masterplan
He set the deadline, he has missed by 6weeks
so every time the government takes a wromg decision, we all suffer
BTW, he says he is a civilian president
So nobody should ask us to shut up when we are unhappy

Incidentally, does he listen to us? and you call this a revolution
Legislators in his own party are daily asking for salary increase while people are starving

Where are the saints that would sanitise our football system
Most of the people that are coming in are corrupt

This is the evidence that we require to nail NFF without attracting FIFA ban

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/18/glenn-hoddle-nigeria-police-investigation
Glenn Hoddle's corruption allegations over Nigeria job lead to inquiry

What became of this?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by asunaobi(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
Princek12:

so Jonathan don become coach, abi? Can you articulate to us how these move will improve the Super Eagles?

Which move has ever worked since 1960 of Nigerian independence? It is  Cameroon and Senegal that has made it to
quarter final in Africa and now Ghana enroute to semi final. Where has Nigeria gotten to? Why cant there be a change?

What Jonathan has done may not be the solution but within me I feel that is the best way to go, if carried out properly and thoroughly. Remember, Nigeria is the most populous black nation in the whole world and do you think that we have any reason for not producing the best soccer players to conquer the world of soccer?

Take a look at the brazilian team that have won the cup many times, most of their players are blacks. I dont think that those blacks are different from Nigerian blacks.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by tkb417(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
f na me be FIFA
ill expel Nigeria for 50 years

if we think we can decide when to partake and withdraw, then they should be able to decide when not to partake and withdraw

50 year ban should serve us right so some of us here wont be able to see anythn called Super eagles again in our lifetime

and so shall it be
amen

50 yrs abeg
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by beewhyfocs(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2010
lets see how it goes.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Chidoxyl(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2010
ofcos, dis situation is quite complicated. I agree that Mr President should not ban the Super Eagles, even 4 one day, not to talk of 2 years. But maybe the press has not been able to put it well to us in the proper perspective. Or just maybe his advisers don't understand what FIFA stands for? But looking at it clinically, one will come to see that the President is not banning the Super Eagles for their below performance in the ongoing World Cup. His action is premised upon the high level of corruption that is going on within the football house. Sani Lulu & his cohorts live on the FIFA statutes to perpetuate evils. Has it occured to anyone of us condenming the President's act that FIFA statutes provides a platform where a country is "BLESSED" with 2 Presidents. In our own case, SANI LULU & GOODLUCK. The stance of FIFA means no one can question/querry SANI LULU.

Going a step further, FIFA's annual grant to members association is meant to develop the game in that particular domain. But how much of the game is being developed in Nigeria. This is sad! I know FIFA has got eyes to see all these, or is FIFA not bothered to know what her annual grant of $250,000 is used for? (Though I learnt FIFA have asked the Nigerian Government to produce document indicting the NFF men of corruption).

Are we to talk of the number of souls (innocent football fans) that the activities of our football authority has killed over the years, with their failure to do what THEY know is right? Is FIFA happy about these death? Following our achievement of 1994, is our football suppose to grow or retard? You know the answer, ofcos.

If it's true that FIFA have so directed we produce document indicting the NFF men of corruption, then Mr. President should please rescind his decision, and go ahead with his probe of our football house. Once they are indicted, let us submit the proof(s) to FIFA and let's wait on them (FIFA).

Finally, one thing I know is that AMOS ADAMU will want to use his position as a member of FIFA committee to scuttle FIFA's action because the men in question worship him as their god. Don't be surprise how much thousand of the FIFA largesse goes to him from the $250,000. Don't be surprise!

I await what are to be revealed and realised. In Nigeria I BELIEVE. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by imoga(m): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2010
kobikwelu:

ok

i just finished going through FIFA's warning to france,

imagine, the french football head, HONOURABLY resigned (a word obviously missing in our politicians dictionary) after their dismal outing,

here in naija, the man sit tight entrench himself,

no apologies
no reflection,

even the french players decieded to forfeit their bonuses from sponsorsshocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

try suggest that one for eagles camp,

THEY GO LYNCH YOU undecided undecided undecided undecided

Gbam!!!!!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by okooyinbo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2010
I dont think he his a megalomaniac. He is just been dumb like many Nigerians like him. A sizeable number of people on this forum have actually suggested a whole lot of ways the "minister of sport" meaning the Government could have handled the matter cleverly. We seems not to learn in that country. Ever since I saw his interview with Christiane Amanpour, I have not been so enthusiastic about him. Goodluck Jonathan is a no brainer I am afraid. And i hope he rethinks his decision.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by mbulela: 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2010
so what has changed?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Ibime(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2010
Actually Goodluck has played a very good machiavellian game. His pronouncements scared NFF to impeaching Lulu, Ogunjobi and the vice-president. The only person left is Ojo-Oba who proclaimed that SiaSia will be Super Eagles manager over his dead body. As I understand, EFCC are also currently hounding him.

So I say kudos to Goodluck Jonathan. It was an effective political manouvre and the end justifies the means.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by mbulela: 12:28am On Jul 08, 2010
Ibime:

Actually Goodluck has played a very good machiavellian game. His pronouncements scared NFF to impeaching Lulu, Ogunjobi and the vice-president. The only person left is Ojo-Oba who proclaimed that SiaSia will be Super Eagles manager over his dead body. As I understand, EFCC are also currently hounding him.

So I say kudos to Goodluck Jonathan. It was an effective political manouvre and the end justifies the means.

As long as they are not replaced with another set of crooks and a board that satisfies ethnic jingoistic tendencies but fails on ability and sincere intents for the game.
Else the whole political manouvre would have been short sighted and mysterious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Subsidy Probe Panel Rejects Valentine Cake From Oil Marketer / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua / Dogara’s Allegations Are Unfounded - Bauchi State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.