Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded (5637 Views)

My Ex Girlfriends Friend Is Stranded And Wants To Stay With Me For A While / Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For / Why Do Girls Get Angry About "Virginity" - My Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
It is now a new trend in Nigeria (as it may seem)to leave dates stranded with bills and this is tilting towards the female folks.
Guys, leaving a lady at a restaurant without paying your bills after you both agreed to meet doesn't make you much better than she is. Besides, calling her a slayqueen and still trying to take her out meant you needed to know her,date her or even have sex with her prompting the meet up which makes it a good oppourtunity to reason together in order to avoid conflict of interests. Forget the flimsy excuse you are about bringing up in your mind already. No one held you at gun point to pay for the food or even say no to the bogus request by the lady. You could tell the lady how much you intend to spend for the date and if she refuses that,then the date could be called off. What fun is derived from embarrassing her?

Look, i am not trying to justify a lady bringing her friends to a date or even requesting for really expensive meals. All I'm saying is that, taking the right and moral step to curb an excess like this would as well bring change like the stranding brouhaha.

Meanwhile Ladies,you can't keep putting unnecessary tags to dates especially first dates. "It must be an expensive restaurant, i must drink wine, I must take away for my friends"..that is bull crap. The culture of cutting your coat according to your cloth needs to be reiterated to you girls. You don't need to look and eat expensive to make a date a good one.

Fam,the term ' Date' does not necessarily have to be attached to food,malls or restaurants. There are museums and other fun places you could go to for dates. Save yourselves the embarrassments.
Truthfully, for dates,I have eaten in 5 star restaurants countless of times without me requesting to be taken there, neither have i been left stranded with bills. All i am just saying is that we should be matured about this whole thing and focus on making ourselves better. Be matured fam.

From a concerned Nigerian Lass.

Cc...lalasticlala,Rocktation,farano

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by faithfuldon7(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
You have said it all.

Meanwhile as Buhari paid the earlier loan for his Form in 2015.....Because If he can't afford the present one, my family want to contribute for me to buy if APC assures me of becoming the sole candidate.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
Let me also advice you girls to also carry some money along with you to meet a date incase the unexpected happens.If he refuses to offset the bill,kindly pay it in his present.He will be embarrassed to see you pay for your bill.Stop saying you can't date a broke guy while you are as broke as him.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
cucumbae:
Let me also advice you girls to also carry some money along with you to meet a date incase the unexpected happens.If he refuses to offset the bill,kindly pay it in his present.He will be embarrassed to see you pay for your bill.Stop saying you can't date a broke guy while you are as broke as him.

That's correct. But imagine if that lady was taking to a highbrow restaurant that costs over 10k angry
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
Its only sensible you let the girl know how much you willing to spend. A sensible lady won't overstretch the budget.

8 Likes

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
cucumbae:
The guy just wanted to embarrass the lady. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nice write up really. Though I think if two people go out together and share a meal together, they should also split the bill. But that's none of my business.

6 Likes

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Its only sensible you let the girl know how much you willing to spend. A sensible lady won't overstretch the budget.
Exactly
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
Xaos:
Nice write up really. Though I think if two people go out together and share a meal together, they should also split the bill. But that's none of my business.

Some guys feel it is a bruise on their ego for a lady to pay bills on a first date. Met a lot of people like that

1 Like

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Katier00(f): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
I think our society is to be blame for this. It is a very mean thing to leave a fellow stranded like that. That is the very act of wickedness and to think some people commended the young man is disgusting. Parents teach your male children to love, respect and treat a lady right. This is the first act of being responsible. Teach your girls how not to be greedy, to respect and not to take advantage of a man. Teach her to work hard and not to see men as their ATM.
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by QueenSekxy(f): 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
some NL touts were busy hailing the foolish man for keeping a fellow human stranded?
geeze, I give up.
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
Katier00:
[s]I think our society is to be blame for this. It is a very mean thing to leave a fellow stranded like that. That is the very act of wickedness and to think some people commend the young man is disgusting. Parents teach your male children to love, respect and treat a lady right[/s]. This is the first act of being responsible. Teach your girls how not to be greedy, to respect and not to take advantage of a man. Teach her to work hard and to see men as their ATM

@bolded.. what you wish for other men will be the portion of your brothers.

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
mysticgal:
It is now a new trend in Nigeria (as it may seem)to leave dates stranded with bills and this is tilting towards the female folks.
Guys, leaving a lady at a restaurant without paying your bills after you both agreed to meet doesn't make you much better than she is. Besides, calling her a slayqueen and still trying to take her out meant you needed to know her,date her or even have sex with her prompting the meet up which makes it a good oppourtunity to reason together in order to avoid conflict of interests. Forget the flimsy excuse you are about bringing up in your mind already. No one held you at gun point to pay for the food or even say no to the bogus request by the lady. You could tell the lady how much you intend to spend for the date and if she refuses that,then the date could be called off. What fun is derived from embarrassing her?

Look, i am not trying to justify a lady bringing her friends to a date or even requesting for really expensive meals. All I'm saying is that, taking the right and moral step to curb an excess like this would as well bring change like the stranding brouhaha.

Meanwhile Ladies,you can't keep putting unnecessary tags to dates especially first dates. "It must be an expensive restaurant, i must drink wine, I must take away for my friends"..that is bull crap. The culture of cutting your coat according to your cloth needs to be reiterated to you girls. You don't need to look and eat expensive to make a date a good one.

Fam,the term ' Date' does not necessarily have to be attached to food,malls or restaurants. There are museums and other fun places you could go to for dates. Save yourselves the embarrassments.
Truthfully, for dates,I have eaten in 5 star restaurants countless of times without me requesting to be taken there, neither have i been left stranded with bills. All i am just saying is that we should be matured about this whole thing and focus on making ourselves better. Be matured fam.

Cc...lalasticlala

He acted stupid and immature for not paying his own bills. The thing is “ego” ,I don't know what it'll take for some fellows to tell their dates their budget.

"order anything you want " when you say things like this, How'll the woman or girl not order stuffs anyhow?

Also, women or girls should stop going on dates if they don't have cash on them -even if the cash won't be spent, just go with backup.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hanseel1:

He acted stupid and immature for not paying his own bills. The thing is “ego” ,I don't know what it'll take for some fellows to tell their dates their budget.

"order anything you want " when you say things like this, How'll the woman or girl not order stuffs anyhow?

Also, women or girls should stop going on dates if they don't have cash on them -even if the cash won't be spent, just go with backup.
What pains me is guys really bragging about leaving girls stranded. It is outrageous you know
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by sainttwist1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ladies should learn to treat men the same way they want to be treated......men are not banks/ATM.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by sainttwist1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
mysticgal:

What pains me is guys really bragging about leaving girls stranded. It is outrageous you know
sister it a date not Xmas party, next time she will cut are coat accordingly.....

5 Likes

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by chiommy123(f): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
Its just not fair and should be discouraged by all means. Even if he didn't tell you his budget don't act as if that will be your last supper. The guy misbehaved real bad
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by CAPSLOCKED: 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
I'M YET TO UNDERSTAND WHY EVERY DATE IN THIS COUNTRY MUST BE ABOUT FOOD AND SELFIES, AS YOU ARE FROM A POORLY RUN ORPHANAGE WHERE YOU AREN'T FED FOR MONTHS.

NO TIME TO TALK, OBSERVE AND LEARN YOUR PARTNER, YOU JUST WANT TO CONSUME CARELESSLY, AND SPREAD LEGS...
AND COME ONLINE TO CHANT MEN ARE SCUM WHEN THE MAN DISAPPEARS AFTER GETTING HIS NUT. undecided

mysticgal:

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2018
Inasmuch as I don't support this idea of ladies thinking of us guys as ATM, I still think the guys action was childish and stupid.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Katier00:
I think our society is to be blame for this. It is a very mean thing to leave a fellow stranded like that. That is the very act of wickedness and to think some people commend the young man is disgusting. Parents teach your male children to love, respect and treat a lady right. This is the first act of being responsible. Teach your girls how not to be greedy, to respect and not to take advantage of a man. Teach her to work hard and to see men as their ATM.
what happened to feminists? I thought men and women are equal now, so since he didn't pay why can't she foot the bills? You Nigerian ladies are one funny lots

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
I'M YET TO UNDERSTAND WHY EVERY DATE IN THIS COUNTRY MUST BE ABOUT FOOD AND SELFIES, AS YOU ARE FROM A POORLY RUN ORPHANAGE WHERE YOU AREN'T FED FOR MONTHS.

NO TIME TO TALK, OBSERVE AND LEARN YOUR PARTNER, YOU JUST WANT TO CONSUME CARELESSLY, AND SPREAD LEGS...
AND COME ONLINE TO CHANT MEN ARE SCUM WHEN THE MAN DISAPPEARS AFTER GETTING HIS NUT. undecided

Lol grin
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
sainttwist1:
sister it a date not Xmas party, next time she will cut are coat accordingly.....
Yes but doesn't justify leaving these girls stranded
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by CAPSLOCKED: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
mysticgal:

Lol grin

WE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL OR AN ORPHANAGE HOME FOR A FIRST DATE SO SHE UNDERSTANDS THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THAN MEATPIE AND SHAWARMA. angry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL OR AN ORPHANAGE HOME FOR A FIRST DATE SO SHE UNDERSTANDS THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THAN MEATPIE AND SHAWARMA. angry
Maybe you placed sharwarma in her face cheesy
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Acidosis(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
mysticgal:
Yes but doesn't justify leaving these girls stranded
my slay queen, well-done oo smiley

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
Acidosis:

my slay queen, well-done oo smiley
Slayqueen bayi cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by mysticgal(f): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

Kikiki
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by AkhereOkaka(m): 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
mysticgal:

Cc...lalasticlala,Rocktation,farano

You're right just hope they will listen
Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Uglymugg: 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
mysticgal:
Guys, leaving a lady at a restaurant without paying your bills after you both agreed to meet doesn't make you much better than she is.

Who says I want to be better than she Is? Don't hate the player, babe wink

1 Like

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
I do go out with my guys almost Everyday to fast food, It's just to go out and eat and in most cases most of us won't even be able to finish one plate of rice. These bills are footed by anybody and it has never been too exorbitant I mean like five of us will eat in fast food and the bill hardly amount to 10k this makes me wonder what these girls are ordering then I realized that because they are so poor, they decide to fill their stomach with things they've never seen before forgetting it's someone's money.
If you know that one plate of rice will not be enough for you, kuku tell me so that we can go to Mama Put.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Views On Leaving Slaymama's Stranded by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
No responsible man will leave a lady stranded in such a manner and no responsible lady will see a simple date as an avenue to break a long fast.

Simply put, they are both irresponsible.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HQ / She Made This For Me Just Cause I Told Her I Love Her !!! / List People Who Died Doing What They Loved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.