Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year (28051 Views)

Sokoto To Buy Motorcycles Worth N155m For Islamic Preachers / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by mechanics(m): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2018
Why are they asking for what is not feasible, we all know we are using the normal calender, even in their everyday life they use the normal calender, so why are they asking for another holiday again, when both faith enjoy same holiday.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Cant blame them. Its not like they get shown much love from Muslims. You cant be calling people infidels and expect them to love you in return

Oh really.

2 Chronicles 15:13 ESV

But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

Luke 19:27 ESV

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

That's who you spread hate. Muslims cal you infidels and you call them unbelievers.
When a thread about Islam hits the thread so the next thing you have to do is prove to the world that you hate them with passion but when a Christian thread hits the front page, they read comments properly or ignore. If they proceed to write a negative comment, it will be only the perpetrators that will be attacked but same can't be said about Christians who would attack everything and anything about Islam.

Now who's more hateful amongst the two religions? The Christians
Who's is more intolerant? The Christians
Who's the bigot? The Christians
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Buffalowings3(m): 7:57am On Sep 07, 2018
I really hit a nerve on this thread.

Didn't they bring down the twin towers.

grin grin

One yeye mod nuked my comment.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Oshin56(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2018
No problem we will sit to that by 3018
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Iseoluwani: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian I believe Islam is the best religion That pleases almighty Allah sad

I don't hate you

but I hate what Poverty has given u and your household

1 Like

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Philinho(m): 8:03am On Sep 07, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian I believe Islam is the best religion That pleases almighty Allah sad
Because you want to spew nonsense you converted from islam on nairaland.Please name one contribution islam had added to Nigeria and humanity.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Iseoluwani: 8:03am On Sep 07, 2018
ollah2:

Oh really.

But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

That's who you spread hate. Muslims cal you infidels and you call them unbelievers.
When a thread about Islam hits the thread so the next thing you have to do is prove to the world that you hate them with passion but when a Christian thread hits the front page, they read comments properly or ignore. If they proceed to write a negative comment, it will be only the perpetrators that will be attacked but same can't be said about Christians who would attack everything and anything about Islam.

you are special kind of zombie genetically operated from the womb of ur mother to remain dumb and ignorant while loving ur chains and task masters

1 Like

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2018
AreaFada2:

Abeg which destination? Does Nigeria have one? We're just Perambulating aimlessly.

If we had a goal/destination, we might actually get there someday, albeit slowly.

We're too diverse, too divided and in too much disagreement to even have a common goal. We're pulling in different directions along ethnic, religious and vested self-interests lines.

If you think I am too pessimistic, I will tell you that growing up, we never heard anyone use religiously derogatory words to describe Muslims. And this was in a majority Christian area. We never felt any slight angst or suspicion seeing Muslims. Nor did we see or hear Muslims do same towards us in anyway. Hardly anybody would know we were not celebrating Sallah ourselves as all made merriment irrespective of religion. Some Christians even slaughtered rams or goats in solidarity then. Seems like another life now.

If we had a loose Federal structure with much ambit for self-determination, various groups can decide to look West, Middle East or anywhere else for inspiration. So Thursday can even become the new Friday in core North if they so wish. That way there will be no need for constant complain of marginalization.

But it appears the Federal Govt's grip on oil wells and money won't allow us take any decisions that will ensure realization of regional aspirations.

Thanks for the comment. It's too correct and I have said it before on this same forum.. What birthed this hate is Pentecostal churches and it can easily he proved by anybody with a right thinking mind.

There have always been Catholic, CCC, C&S, Anglican et al but the unity amongst Muslims and Christians was pretty much and none discriminated amongst each other until this disease called Pentecostal churches started having different places of worship with different doctrine which has the most members currently.

They are the ones that preach about money doubling God
They are the ones that preach hate amongst fellow Pentecostals
They preach hate to other christian sects and always attack the Catholic, tag them devil
They preach hate to other faiths mostly Islam

It's a pity an average Nigerian is dumb and average Nigerian Christian is the dumbest.
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2018
Iseoluwani:

you are special kind of zombie genetically operated from the womb of ur mother to remain dumb and ignorant while loving ur chains and task masters

My comment and signature must have really hit you on your spine.
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2018
Philinho:

Because you want to spew nonsense you converted from islam on nairaland .Please name one contribution islam had added to Nigeria and humanity . Thanks

This is the level of hatred religion has caused to this one. If he is granted a visa to work in UAE, Qatar, Kuwait et al. He will be the first in church on Sunday for thanksgiving but here he is spewing his hate and bigotry
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by delkuf(m): 8:12am On Sep 07, 2018
GoTV:
guy, you are not a born again Christian. because if are you will know there is only one way to get to God, and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ, and not through allah or Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by babajero(m): 8:16am On Sep 07, 2018
EmirAbj:

Has Any Muslim Man Raped Your Little Sister Or Girl Before, Just Answer YES or NO....Super Story NOT allowed
please who is LEAH SHARIBU?
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 8:21am On Sep 07, 2018
Demmzy15:
Believe me, Nigerian Christians (Yoruba and Igbo) are bigots of the highest order. Can you imagine this nonsense? What exactly have we done to deserve this? Gosh, this is getting too much!

Imagine. Just imagine..Their attitude shows and proves alot. The Yoruba Christians should cover their face in shame, this isn't our culture, it's not our tradition. What made Yoruba different from other Nigerian tribes is the ways and manner we live with every religion without problems.

One thing is certain, you will always be Yoruba.
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 8:23am On Sep 07, 2018
delkuf:
guy, you are not a born again Christian. because if are you will know there is only one way to get to God, and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ, and not through allah or Mohammed

The same nonsense of religion is the best and others are trash. My religion is superior and the only true way while others are wasting their time.

It's Friday, Muslim thread will hit FrontPage. You should continue your hate in the thread, it shows the kind of people you are. But when christian threads hits front page on sunday and Muslims ignore them, it also shows the kind of people they are.

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Amaureen: 8:28am On Sep 07, 2018
KILLING OF TWINS? IN WHICH PART OF ANAMBRA? I BELIEVE IT IS HIGH TIME YOU LEAVE DAT YOUR MUD HOUSE AND VISIT OTHER PLACES TO SEE AND FEEL THE VALUE OF HUMAN LIFE. EAST CAN NEVER BE AS BAD AS NORTH BECAUSE MUSLIMS ARE NOT WELCOMED THERE. PELE
ollah2:

Quit writing sentimental and bigotry comments. What happens in the north should never be used to judge Islam. You lots don't use the nonsense things that happened in the east to judge Christianity. Do you use the attack on traditionalists in the East to judge Christianity? Do you use the killing of twins in some parts of Anambra yo judge Christianity? Why are you guys filled with hatred and bigot?
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 07, 2018
Knight templars did a great job i jst wish thr had fnshd d job bck den
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Jaqenhghar: 8:39am On Sep 07, 2018
ollah2:

Oh really.

Deuteronomy 17

R
Hmmm quoting the scriptures is one thing seeing it in practice is another. I dont need to quote anything just look around you. Show me one society where muslims are in huge numbers and they live in peace with non muslims. Ill wait
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2018
EmirAbj:
They won't, Xtians are rebel, hypocrite, I hate dem

But we must remain one nigeria
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Hmmm quoting the scriptures is one thing seeing it in practice is another. I dont need to quote anything just look around you. Show me one society where muslims are in huge numbers and they live in peace with non muslims. Ill wait

Show me one society besides the extremely rich Muslims are in huge numbers and the christian west didn't invade.

They invaded Iraq
They invaded Syria
They invaded Libya
They invaded Afganistan
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by KadunaMafia: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2018
ollah2:

Thanks for the comment. It's too correct and I have said it before on this same forum.. What birthed this hate is Pentecostal churches and it can easily he proved by anybody with a right thinking mind.

There have always been Catholic, CCC, C&S, Anglican et al but the unity amongst Muslims and Christians was pretty much and none discriminated amongst each other until this disease called Pentecostal churches started having different places of worship with different doctrine which has the most members currently.

They are the ones that preach about money doubling God
They are the ones that preach hate amongst fellow Pentecostals
They preach hate to other christian sects and always attack the Catholic, tag them devil
They preach hate to other faiths mostly Islam

It's a pity an average Nigerian is dumb and average Nigerian Christian is the dumbest.
Muslims have been killing Kaduna Christians for long before Pentecostal came on board. Mohammed your prophet is the most useless person in history.

The idiot brought violence into the world and I promise to beat up when I meet him in hell
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Jaqenhghar: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2018
ollah2:

Show me one society besides the extremely rich Muslims are in huge numbers and the christian west didn't invade.

They invaded Iraq
They invaded Syria
They invaded Libya
They invaded Afganistan

Haba my friend I assume you are more enlightened than this nah. These wars are for political/economic advantage nah. Did you see a place where US troops forcefully converted muslims to christianity?
And besides those wars were carried out with the support of other muslims so whats your point
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Shegson12345(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2018
Are you not alive to see what is going on all around the country, is Boko Haram or Fulani a Christian.

EmirAbj:

Has Any Muslim Man Raped Your Little Sister Or Girl Before, Just Answer YES or NO....Super Story NOT allowed
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Haba my friend I assume you are more enlightened than this nah. These wars are for political/economic advantage nah. Did you see a place where US troops forcefully converted muslims to christianity?
And besides those wars were carried out with the support of other muslims so whats your point

So which war wasn't political to start with? Do you think the local war here in Nigeria by Boko Haram is a religious war? Why have they stayed in North alone, if Christians are indeed their target. They would have hit the South East which has more Christians that any other part in Nigeria
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by ollah2: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2018
KadunaMafia:
Muslims have been killing Kaduna Christians for long before Pentecostal came on board. Mohammed your prophet is the most useless person in history.

The idiot brought violence into the world and I promise to beat up when I meet him in hell

I was talking about Yoruba land you dim wit. So kaduna christians don't kill muslims? Always playing victim card, the same thing igbos do in nigeria. Always playing victim card

Before Muhammed was Cain who killed Abel and married his own sister, your god protected him all through his journey.

Before Muhammed was Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, et al. I don't see you attackiing them them or calling them names. Thats the difference between christians and muslims. All you know how to do is show your hate and bigotry
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by CZA911: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2018
Islam!!!islam,beter mind your business,why do you always want to course chaos to our beloved nation,no wonder TRUMP said ISLAM is the problem of this world.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by CZA911: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2018
Islam!!!islam,beter mind your business,why do you always want to course chaos to our beloved nation,no wonder TRUMP said ISLAM is the problem of this world
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2018
LZAA:

Waheed odeyimka
Ishaq sanni
Ok oh grin
Cc immhotep greenback gmbuharii
roger3d, sarrki and sarkin are eager to go and worship at the feet of their masters.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Demmzy15(m): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2018
pennyforthought:

Muslims invaded christian lands too. Syria used to be christian as was Egypt. Turkey was actually Eastern Rome. Iran was Zoroastrian and the natives were slaughtered and forced to convert in a brutal campaign. Pakistan was carved from India and Central Asia converted from Buddhism and Taoism. If muslims invaded non muslim lands when they had the power and seized it then it's fair for others to now invade muslim lands no? A
Syria, Egypt and parts of Turkey were all Byzantine lands. The Prophet muhammad sent ambassadors to the Byzantines and they killed them, that marked the beginning of Muslim-Byzatine wars. The Byzantines started it, and in case you don't know, Christians attacked those lands before they accepted Christianity.

And I thought Christianity was all about peace, why invading Muslim lands? The native Indians wiped out in the Americas, did they also invad Christian lands?
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by thatigboman: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2018
TheLogicalMind:

Go and deal with your Sex Award Winner (SAW) and shut the fvck up.
d man dey take agbo and viagra? Na waoh
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by Jaqenhghar: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2018
ollah2:

So which war wasn't political to start with? Do you think the local war here in Nigeria by Boko Haram is a religious war? Why have they stayed in North alone, if Christians are indeed their target. They would have hit the South East which has more Christians that any other part in Nigeria
So you know this yet you want to want to paint it here as of its a case of christians killing muslims in the name of christianity conveniently forgetting that there are muslims among the US troops
I believe all "religious wars" have politics at the heart of their motives even though the players are too shallow to realise it. Talking of BH I remember when they started, when they were targetting churches alone, many muslims were either silent, or were openly applauding BH (this is what I witnessed not dem say). The reason today muslims are vocal in condemning BH is because BH kill muslims which is like one of the greatest crimes a muslim can commit
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by monex(m): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2018
As a lazyman Christian, I wholeheartedly support this.

It would give Muslims a sense of belonging.
Re: Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year by KadunaMafia: 9:31am On Sep 07, 2018
ollah2:

I was talking about Yoruba land you dim wit. So kaduna christians don't kill muslims? Always playing victim card, the same thing igbos do in nigeria. Always playing victim card

Before Muhammed was Cain who killed Abel and married his own sister, your god protected him all through his journey.

Before Muhammed was Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, et al. I don't see you attackiing them them or calling them names. Thats the difference between christians and muslims. All you know how to do is show your hate and bigotry
I'm talking of my place Kaduna where Muslims are now doing the killings that their prophet Muhammad asked them to do.

Muhammad is a sex idiot who promoted violence and deserves to die a thousand times on Pigs urines and a woman menses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Why Atiku Cannot Inspect Election Materials Now" - INEC Reveals / Tony Blair Confirms Meeting With Buhari-vanguard / See Full List: Pdp Now Have 51 Senators, Apc 55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.