Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,193 members, 7,835,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Can This Marriage Work Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can This Marriage Work Out? (1630 Views)

OMG!!! Will This Marriage Be A Blessing To These Couple Or A Trouble??(must See) / Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Can Marriage Work Where The Woman Earns More Than Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Marriage Work Out? by hanzi: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2010
I and my girlfriend has been into relationship for some years and it is heading towards marriage. But the problem is who do the cooking and the housework?

To her she believes that a caring man always cook for his woman. When I say “always", I don't mean three times a week, I mean everyday i.e wake up in the morning and prepare breakfast for her and the children and also do some of the house work.At evening you should rush back to cook the dinner because the wife and children need to eat. sad The truth is, it is the way she was raised to understand. She is really a nice girl but I will be sincere with myself. I can't see myself doing housework at alone at the cookings.

As a man, I see it as bring myself so low. I need advice on how to make her understand this.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by sophianah(f): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2010
As far as I am concerned, cooking and domestic chores are the main duties of the wife, the husband provides finance for the family, the husband can assist the wife if there exist a dire need for the assistance, if not, the husband is not supposed to be seen in the kitchen cooking
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by hanzi: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
sophianah:

As far as I am concerned, cooking and domestic chores are the main duties of the wife, the husband provides finance for the family, the husband can assist the wife if there exist a dire need for the assistance, if not, the husband is not supposed to be seen in the kitchen cooking

God bless you my sister. I said exactly the same thing to her but it is like she is programmed to believe that way. This is becoming a real issue.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Spyker: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
sophianah:

Chei, see correct woman for Nairaland. Thank you for this comment, Nwa yi Oma.

@Poster, dump that lazy girl before you begin wash pant. Afterall, you don dey cook already. Wetin come remain (Chestfeed the baby?)
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by neily(f): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
The cooking and other house works are the woman's responsibility. It does not mean that the husband should not help, if he can. My advise to u is to tell her mother or anybody she listens to, so that the person can help u talk to her. Don't make it look as if u re reporting her.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by brutal(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2010
Don't u reason!quit d relationship,cos she will not make u happy. .which part of d world u dey sef?
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by hanzi: 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
Spyker:

@Poster, dump that lazy girl before you begin wash pant. Afterall, you don dey cook already. Wetin come remain (Chestfeed the baby?)

My guy this thing no fear you? Anyway, my father wasn't a chef in his own house why should I be?

neily:

The cooking and other house works are the woman's responsibility. It does not mean that the husband should not help, if he can. My advise to u is to tell her mother or anybody she listens to, so that the person can help u talk to her. Don't make it look as if u re reporting her.

The mother reason the same way she does. The father has been cooking for her mother since Israel left Egypt.

brutal:

Don't u reason!quit d relationship,cos she will not make u happy. .which part of d world u dey sef?

My guy na the same planet earth. The truth is that she is everything but this issue na waa. Wetin person no go see for this world.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by galatico(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
It won't work out!!! Men can't imagine myself doing such a thing .
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Spyker: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
Father cooking for wife from begining, well may be you should meet her father for lessons if you don't want to leave her.
For me, if my wife can't cook, she goes back to her family (love no reach that side abeg)
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by opuro(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2010
there is nothing some guys would not do for a good kini
see as guyman don kolo because of kini
babe say she no fit kook, she no fit wash, she no fit breast feed
wetin wan make you marry am ?
becos of kini abi?
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by opuro(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2010
wetin be this? person no fit write
b.r.e.a.s.t for nairaland again?
nna na wa oo
i weak o
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by brutal(m): 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2010
The mother reason the same way she does. The father has been cooking for her mother since Israel left Egypt.

My guy na the same planet earth. The truth is that she is everything but this issue na waa. Wetin person no go see for this world.
[quote][/quote]
ur own planet earth get as e be. .No decent naija woman will utter those rubbish. .dat na bullshit!
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by bizgirl(f): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2010
people in the house, before we go far let us ask the poster if they have an exchanged of responsibilities. Man supposed to bring him money home(provision for the family), shelter her and care for her in many more ways than cooking in the kitching, while the woman (working or not) will be the manager of whatever the husband has.
@poster
pls tell us it your is the other way round. if yes, she is damn right.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Acidosis(m): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2010
Honestly, I'm hearing this for the first time. Are you a Nigerian? If yes, then your ancestors will never forgive you, if you marry her with that silly principle
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by vescucci(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2010
Personally there is a problem with the words husband and wife. It connotes a role. I don't very much like the term partner for it makes it seem like a contract that can be ratified any time but it is still the best term in my opinion. Maybe life partner.

My point is that we've conditioned our thinking that a man must be the bread winner and must earn more than the wife and when he achieves this, it is alright for him to get all high and mighty and demand for food like a king and demand for his laundry to be done etc. Also women who complain that a man treats them badly won't marry the one they love but the one they feel can take care of them at the expense of their dignity. I don't wanna ramble too much but love is the paramount ingredient in a marriage. With that anything can be worked out. No one is inferior to the other. It doesn't make you less man to cook for your wife but it shouldn't be your duty. Nothing should be a duty in a marriage.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by deniyor: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2010
Useless guy!!!
It's not only what you know or believe but also what she knows or believes. I always tell people not to date people they know they can't marry. Why is this just a problem for you now if you have been dating the same girl for years. You should be used to it by now.
Marriage and relationships are all about compromise. You have to choose if she not cooking for you is enough to do away with her. For me it is but then I wouldn't date her in the first place. If you know you can't stand being the cook in the house, which most non-pu*sy whipped naija won't stand, leave her alone and go look for someone else. Just tell her you know you won't work and you are not ready to starve or be a woman in your relationship. Shikena!
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Onlytruth(m): 1:28am On Jul 14, 2010
@OP

Dude, what are you smoking

This is why I sometimes believe that certain married people should be quarantined because frankly they pollute the marriage institution. Have you taken a close look at couples with upside down relationships like yours? Do you notice that about 60% of them divorce serially?

Let me tell you what she'll do. You will continue doing your "woman rapper" thing until one day a REAL man will penetrate her. She'd then dump you for the real thing. You wake up after years to find out that you are too old and too unskilled (raps and swagger) to find a REAL woman.

Too late then.  cool
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by hatch: 2:32am On Jul 14, 2010
^^Make you leave this MUGU abi na MAGA sef !
Didn't she also tell you that when you guys marry,you will also help her carry the pregancies on her behalf !
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2010
Guys Guys Guys,
Make una cool down. The OP didn't say he was ACTUALLY washing the plates, carrying the pregnancies, or doing all the things
characteristic of pussy whipped guys (Not that theres anything bad in helping your wifey sha).
He was simply stating a situation he found himself in.

And he said "as a guy its bringing himself low", and he is simply asking advice so as to confirm if he is thinking in the right direction.
So encourage the guy naa, make una no shoot am finish, lol, grin grin

@OP: All the advice here is enough mehn, free the babe. I am sure shes been reading some western media which has brainwashed her.
You know that most men in the western world have lost their balls (sorry to say), so they expect you to go shopping with them and
carry the basket on your head.
If she doesn't soji (Wake up) free the girl, but sha if you're madly in lurve, go on, but don't come complaining to us o, lol
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 14, 2010
Na wa for seuns code o, I no fit write pussy again, na kitty the thing dey put,
chei! grin grin grin grin
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by TMoni1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2010
How do you mean "she is everything", she is "nothing" if she cant play the proper role of a woman.

and again, she doesnt love you enough to have probably learnt how to be a proper woman.,then its too bad.

So bros, it wont work,
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by iice(f): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
How did you get to this stage? The stage of going towards marriage after some years of relationship and just trying to work this out?
What kind of relationships do you people do?

vescucci:

Personally there is a problem with the words husband and wife. It connotes a role. I don't very much like the term partner for it makes it seem like a contract that can be ratified any time but it is still the best term in my opinion. Maybe life partner.

My point is that we've conditioned our thinking that a man must be the bread winner and must earn more than the wife and when he achieves this, it is alright for him to get all high and mighty and demand for food like a king and demand for his laundry to be done etc. Also women who complain that a man treats them badly won't marry the one they love but the one they feel can take care of them at the expense of their dignity. I don't wanna ramble too much but love is the paramount ingredient in a marriage. With that anything can be worked out. No one is inferior to the other. It doesn't make you less man to cook for your wife but it shouldn't be your duty. Nothing should be a duty in a marriage.

Ay caro. . .muy bueno
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by adaybola(f): 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
hanzi:

I and my girlfriend has been into relationship for some years and it is heading towards marriage. But the problem is who do the cooking and the housework?

To her she believes that a caring man always cook for his woman. When I say “always", I don't mean three times a week, I mean everyday i.e wake up in the morning and prepare breakfast for her and the children and also do some of the house work.At evening you should rush back to cook the dinner because the wife and children need to eat. sad The truth is, it is the way she was raised to understand. She is really a nice girl but I will be sincere with myself. I can't see myself doing housework at alone at the cookings.

As a man, I see it as bring myself so low. I need advice on how to make her understand this.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls forgive me. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by adaybola(f): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
Acidosis:

Honestly, I'm hearing this for the first time. Are you a Nigerian? If yes, then your ancestors will never forgive you, if you marry her with that silly principle

lol!!!!!! yeah, they wont.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
What does she do while you do all the chores?
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by adaybola(f): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
hatch#:

^^Make you leave this MUGU abi na MAGA sef !
Didn't she also tell you that when you guys marry,you will also help her carry the pregancies on her behalf !
Spyker:

Just wondering if this is for real. It's like watching the Jerry Springer's show. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, what does she get to do And don't forget you will still do the normal late night duty.Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, you r sooo funny. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by CasaNova1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
@OP.
Well the modern day woman would beg to differ i think.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by rubi(f): 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2010
hanzi:

I and my girlfriend has been into relationship for some years and it is heading towards marriage. But the problem is who do the cooking and the housework? [/b ]To her she believes that a caring man always cook for his woman. When I say “[b]always", I don't mean three times a week, I mean everyday i.e wake up in the morning and prepare breakfast for her and the children and also do some of the house work.At evening you should rush back to cook the dinner because the wife and children need to eat. sad The truth is, it is the way she was raised to understand. She is really a nice girl but I will be sincere with myself. I can't see myself doing housework at alone at the cookings.

If you treat her very well unknowingly she will respond positive
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by jaybee3(m): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2010
Is she swapping roles or expect you to do the cooking as well as providing the finance?
Nuffin wrong with swapping roles even though it will probably shatter your pride.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by CasaNova1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
@rubi
I think he's looking at her not being submissive enough to him after marriage.

@OP
It might have to do with her upbringing. Maybe she's not used to cooking and house work.
So the question is-do you love her enough to overlook such? Or would you rather look for someone else who can do all the house work and cook without complaints.
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by papa190(m): 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2010
**shakes head**
some girls would really struggle @ their husband's homes~
Re: Can This Marriage Work Out? by Blueice4re(f): 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2010
It can't be always at lest once in a while please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Commentary: Traditional Wedding Between Xynerise & Skydeep. / Is This Enough Proof To Show That Girls Are Evil? / A Wifes Big Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.