Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,234 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 (46990 Views)

Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO / 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa / Top 10 Poorest Countries In Africa 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by badman007(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2018
thesicilian:

Lol. That’s why Africa can’t help herself. Brainwashed
Deadbeat
Inherently corrupt and wicked people.

Keep waiting... One day the white man would come back and solve all your problems for you.

Chinese are on there way. After all oyibo na oyibo

Shame shame shame.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by justtoodark: 11:26am On Sep 08, 2018
CSTR1005:
Nigeria is not among the top 20 most developed countries in Africa.

Whoever included Nigeria must be an afonja illiterate.

and you starved to death....
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by justtoodark: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2018
badman007:

AN INDIAN, ARAB OR ASIAN MAN WOULDNT MAKE SUCH STATEMENTS.

WHY ARE AFRICANS LIKE THIS?

ANYWAY, CHINA IS COMING HELP YOU LAZY HELPLESS AFRICANS.

LAZY YOUTHS

ofcourse,chinese are coming to help them for free....
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2018
dante57:
Cape Verde

Thank you smiley
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by CSTR1005: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2018
justtoodark:

and you starved to death....
you will starve to death, not me.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 08, 2018
thesicilian:

[s] I don't know if I should expect a higher level of reasoning from a delivery boy ... [/s] Just kidding though.
What I actually meant is that our leaders have failed us, I wasn't against blacks ruling themselves, if you noticed, I was specific to the Nigerian situation.
Looking back now, it is clear that our grandfathers (at least an overwhelming number of them) rushed to send away the British for their own selfish interests, hence the massive looting, corruption and obvious lack of direction since Independence. It's just like what happened in 2015 when people voted in Buhari not because he had any proven track record of managerial experience, but because they were simply tired of Jonathan. And if care is not taken, the same scenario that played out in 1960 and 2015 is going to repeat itself in 2019.

I understand you better now but again , had we not "chased" them away , do you really think they would have developed the black places in Nigeria? Why did the good whites not do that in South Africa? The development of places that were majorly black only took place when Mandela took over hence now most of the townships have the same living standards as everywhere else. Whites only care about developing their own side, if not ,then South Africa would be a different story now , they wouldn't be picking up pieces of a broken society . Whites are very insecure, they would never develop others to be equal to them, as that would mean fair competition for everything else , which is what pisses them off about the current South Africa, they can't hold others down for them to climb the ladder. So no, I don't think we would have been better off if they stayed back , probably worse off because we would have had to start from the bottom for the majority. And with our lack of maintenance culture, even the places they would have developed, we would have destroyed by now , why didn't we continue improving Lagos and other places they lived in before leaving ?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by justtoodark: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2018
Runalong333:

I understand you better now but again , had we not "chased" them away , do you really think they would have developed the black places in Nigeria? Why did the good whites not do that in South Africa? The development of places that were majorly black only took place when Mandela took over hence now most of the townships have the same living standards as everywhere else. Whites only care about developing their own side, if not ,then South Africa would be a different story now , they wouldn't be picking up pieces of a broken society . Whites are very insecure, they would never develop others to be equal to them, as that would mean fair competition for everything else , which is what pisses them off about the current South Africa, they can't hold others down for them to climb the ladder. So no, I don't think we would have been better off if they stayed back , probably worse off because we would have had to start from the bottom for the majority. And with our lack of maintenance culture, even the places they would have developed, we would have destroyed by now , why didn't we continue improving Lagos and other places they lived in before leaving ?

in apartheit,the whites only developed white areas....blacks lived in townships or what we in nigeria call ghettos....

some nigerians always forget this fact....

and why the hell should i do another persons homework....??.....it doesnt make sense....

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2018
moutaintop:

You are very correct but sometimes strict rules kind of restructures peoples bad behavior that is why an average nigerian who is found of beating traffic light in nigeria will be forced to obey that same traffic in london because he might loose his drivers license if the camera at the traffic light flashes him. Pride and stupid ego made us pursue the brits now we are suffering the consequences i repeat we would have had quality lives for hundreds of millions of nigerians if they had stayed back.

So basically you are saying Nigerians can only listen when the rules are made by A white man? . Why can't Nigerians obey the rules in Nigeria not just in London? . You see what I meant by mindset?. You can take out all the South Africans in South Africa and make Nigerians occupy the country , within a year it would be another nigerian jungle , because of the behaviour of the occupants. We are used to doing bad things to the point that we see making good decisions as things done by stupid people .

10 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2018
justtoodark:

in apartheit,the whites only developed white areas....blacks lived in townships or what we in nigeria call ghettos....

some nigerians always forget this fact....

and why the hell should i do another persons homework....??.....it doesnt make sense....

That is my point, blavk South Africans only fixed their townships to be developed by themselves, the whites didn't. Hence I think it's stupid for us to wish they had stayed a bit longer because they would never had developed anything of importance for the majority just the same political class we see today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by lawalosky(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2018
MobileGees:
200 years from now everyone reading this post will be dead. So painful, RIP in advance to all of you. Love y'all cheesy
What is painful there?
Dat is nature for you!! wink
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by justtoodark: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2018
Runalong333:

That is my point, blavk South Africans only fixed their townships to be developed by themselves, the whites didn't. Hence I think it's stupid for us to wish they had stayed a bit longer because they would never had developed anything of importance for the majority just the same political class we see today.

try to explain this to them and they will abuse you....they just dont get it....whites dont want to be equal to blacks....

it wouldnt even make sense...we have completly different mentalities....
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by thesicilian: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
badman007:

Lol. That’s why Africa can’t help herself. Brainwashed
Deadbeat
Inherently corrupt and wicked people.

Keep waiting... One day the white man would come back and solve all your problems for you.

Chinese are on there way. After all oyibo na oyibo

Shame shame shame.
So Chinese too na oyibo? Hahaha. But truth be told, they are not on their way anymore, they are already here controlling things underground. If you know how much they ship back to China every month your mouth will open and refuse to close.

And besides, we are not waiting for the white men (the genuine whites) to come over and solve our problems, we are actually now traveling in droves to meet them over there. This I call Slavery In Disguise.

All these further buttress my point that we were not ready when we kicked them out.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nigeria? Developed?

Think again my friend

Read this (excerpt from wiki)

A developed country, industrialized country, more developed country, or more economically developed country (MEDC), is a sovereign state that has a developed economy and advanced technological infrastructure relative to other less industrialized nations. Most commonly[b], the criteria for evaluating the degree of economic development are gross domestic product (GDP), gross national product (GNP), the per capita income, level of industrialization, amount of widespread infrastructure and general standard of living.[[/b]1] Which criteria are to be used and which countries can be classified as being developed are subjects of debate.

Developed countries have generally post-industrial economies, meaning the service sector provides more wealth than the industrial sector.

So sorry, but Naija still has a long way to go
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by positivethought: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
thesicilian:

I'll need to have my lawyer before I can answer that grin grin grin
I will recommend proff Itsey sagay,that gorilla with ragtag mouth always defending buhari shamelessly, I'm sure he would be of great help.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by thesicilian: 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2018
Runalong333:

We actually did continue improving Lagos when they left, and that is why Lagos State is currently the undisputed most developed in the whole country.
The other places where they didn't really reside in, like the south south and whole of the North and East, are still basically the same as it was since 1960.
And while I agree that they would never have developed the country in a way that the Nigerians would be equal to them, it is also worthy of note that the Nigerian elite who replaced them have not faired better in that regard.
At the very least, a certain standard of accountability would have been demanded and obtained from every ruler in the country, not the share-the-money mentality that we have been plaqued with till date.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by ihesiuloa(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2018
Mizk:
You mean kenya and libya is more developed than Nigeria? This list is flawed
what do you know.. have you ever been to Kenya before?
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by thesicilian: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
positivethought:
I will recommend proff Itsey sagay,that gorilla with ragtag mouth always defending buhari shamelessly, I'm sure he would be of great help.
Lol. Not that kind of lawyer. There are some lawyers you see, that instantly you'll know that their clients are guilty.

But on a more serious note, I am of the personal opinion that those North Africans are way more developed than the rest of Africa due to their close relationship to Europe, physically and otherwise. Egypt especially was once a world superpower so ...
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by badman007(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
justtoodark:

ofcourse,chinese are coming to help them for free....

If you actually believe that then you are on a gonner.

Lets hope your children get better education so they can compete with the rest of the world and hopefully redeem the pride of the black Race.

Religious studies av kukuma finished you kpatakpata.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by emmyid(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
flyca:
Nigeria should not be on the list if Ghana and Rwanda are not there yet.

You showcasing your ignorance. Infact, Nigeria was among the top five. We talking about all round development, countries with many cities. Not a one or two big cities nations like the ones you mentioned.

Nigeria was supposed to come before Kenya
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by emmyid(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2018
HisSexcellency:

Nigeria not even supposed to be there in the first place. Morroco should come before Nigeria

You just so ignorant though. Nigeria used to be among top 6. When talking about development, many factors comes to play. Nigeria has many big cities with basic infrastructural development than Morroco
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by emmyid(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
360command:
Ghana is the only country in west Africa that has what it takes to be a developed country due to its organization, peace and law abiding citizen..

Mtcheeeeeew...... A One Mega city Nation? How many cities, Airports, Schools etc do they have?
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Rhozabeth(m): 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
Why is this op confusing the thunder? The list in the write up is different from the one in d video!
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Jamestown123: 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy

I agree with you. Nigerians messed up big time. You're all suffering today because you lack patience and are damn too obsessed with power. All you cared about was to become an independent nation without minding the aftereffects that comes after it.
white have nothing to do with all these my friend. South Africa my friend, is still controlled by the white people. They are just wyning those South Africans head that their leader is black, mean why 70% of the economy is owned by the white people. At least we in Nigeria have freedom.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by badman007(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
thesicilian:

So Chinese too na oyibo? Hahaha. But truth be told, they are not on their way anymore, they are already here controlling things underground. If you know how much they ship back to China every month your mouth will open and refuse to close.

And besides, we are not waiting for the white men (the genuine whites) to come over and solve our problems, we are actually now traveling in droves to meet them over there. This I call Slavery In Disguise.

All these further buttress my point that we were not ready when we kicked them out.

We didn't actually kicked them out.

Their mission ended after they successfully DUMPED Oyibo Jesus on Africa.

They made us hate ourselves and love their wealth.

Government needs to save us by removing religious studies from our schools so people like you can have space in your head for things like
REAL compassion, hard work and Technology.

RELIGION IS POISON
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Digitalwitch: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
Mizk:
You mean kenya and libya is more developed than Nigeria? This list is flawed
Nairobi is far better than Lagos

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by badman007(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
emmyid:

Mtcheeeeeew...... A One Mega city Nation? How many cities, Airports, Schools etc do they have?

ONE MEGA CITY IS BETTER THAN 36 DEAD ONES.

FORGET ABOUT THEIR SYSTEM THAT WORKS, KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH WIDE OPEN, THEM GO SOON TAKE LIGHT FOR YOUR CITY.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
Jamestown123:
white have nothing to do with all these my friend. South Africa my friend, is still controlled by the white people. They are just wyning those South Africans head that their leader is black, mean why 70% of the economy is owned by the white people. At least we in Nigeria have freedom.

Lol, this is why we are called delusional all over Africa. What freedom do we enjoy more than South Africans? We have way more poor people than them even though we delude and console ourselves that we are better off because we "control"our economy angry. We control nothing , the international shell companies owned by whites control a major share of our oil , while we are given a few nigerian faces as billionaires so we can celebrate and think we are better, my friend the Brits only left us physically, they are still operating in the background using our dumb leaders and elite to opress us. We are still taking all of our resources to them , it might not be with a gun this time but with the policies and systems they left us before going. Most rich Nigerians go to school where? Is that money not going to the Brits? How many South Africans, rich and poor send their money to places that won't benefit their country ?. Our elite go to hospital where? Don't be deluded into thinking Britain is nolonger master , we are still controlled by their policies , hence we always end up with leaders who will perpetuate the status quo. I would rather be a South African who has all the basic amenities , healthcare and good living standards than be a nigerian who ",control " my economy yet living in horrible conditions and abject poverty. How many South Africans you see in Nigeria trying to hustle to survive , how many of us with "freedom " back home are here in South Africa hustling and begging in their streets? . My friend park well.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by thesicilian: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2018
badman007:

We didn't actually kicked them out.

Their mission ended after they successfully DUMPED Oyibo Jesus on Africa.

They made us hate ourselves and love their wealth.

Government needs to save us by removing religious studies from our schools so people like you can have space in your head for things like
REAL compassion, hard work and Technology.

RELIGION IS POISON
I am currently in the office on a Saturday, and so far I have made over 500k for my company today alone. Not everyone you see online is lazy or jobless.

Yes indeed, Religion is poison, but Jesus Christ is the antidote.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
thesicilian:

We actually did continue improving Lagos when they left, and that is why Lagos State is currently the undisputed most developed in the whole country.
The other places where they didn't really reside in, like the south south and whole of the North and East, are still basically the same as it was since 1960.
And while I agree that they would never have developed the country in a way that the Nigerians would be equal to them, it is also worthy of note that the Nigerian elite who replaced them have not faired better in that regard.
At the very least, a certain standard of accountability would have been demanded and obtained from every ruler in the country, not the share-the-money mentality that we have been plaqued with till date.

So you think Nigerians would have been more accountable if Brits left late? . After they left , why didn't we not carry on with the accountability systems they left behind or do what the South Africans did , draft a whole new constitution and rules of accountability by leaders and citizens. My point is that whether they left earlier or yesterday, the collective mind of the populace would have prevailed. In 1999 we had an opportunity to restart all of our systems but we continued with our shady ways of ruling and living.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by badman007(m): 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
thesicilian:

I am currently in the office on a Saturday, and so far I have made over 500k for my company today alone. Not everyone you see online is lazy or jobless.

Yes indeed, Religion is poison, but Jesus Christ is the antidote.

here we go again..

How many dose of Jesus Antidote did the Chinese use?

The only real thing is your bloody black skin, thats all we should fight for.

Thats what the chinese do. Follow who now road.
Re: The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 by positivethought: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
thesicilian:

Lol. Not that kind of lawyer. There are some lawyers you see, that instantly you'll know that their clients are guilty.

But on a more serious note, I am of the personal opinion that those North Africans are way more developed than the rest of Africa due to their close relationship to Europe, physically and otherwise. Egypt especially was once a world superpower so ...
Yes,you might be right,I also believe that the fact that their societies are monogamous in nature in terms of religion, ethnicity n culture helps in bringing about common understanding which aids rapid development unlike our society here that is so diverse n divided occasioning numerous needless crisis militating against love,unity understanding n meaningful development.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma's Supreme Court Victory Reunites Okorocha, Ararume & Uche Nwosu / The Amaechi Memo To Buhari That Led To Hadiza Usman's Suspension As NPA Boss / Sheikh Nuru Khalid Gets New Appointment As Iman Of A New Jum'mat Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.