Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (107821 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by drakeli: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2018
Badgers14:

Maybe his reference to "sharp immigration lawyer" was a lawyer that would file for a waiver of inadmissiblity for unlawful presence.

If USCIS grants the waiver. Then "all sins are forgiven"
Inadmissibility for unlawful presence is referring to visa overstay. Not people that cross in over the fence without a visa. Your unlawful presence starts the day your visa expires. Hence you become inadmissible until a lawyer helps you out through one of several pathways to legalization. So this is absolutely referring to visa overstay and not people that cross in on foot from Mexico through Arizona desert or rivers or canal or jungle or whatever. So take it or leave it. As at today, no pathway to forgiveness for unlawful boarder crossing. There are more than 11million Mexicans and South Americans in the US. They wish they could be forgiven after many decades. Well...maybe one day. Who knows.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
ferhyntorlah:

I do wonder why,especially the Chinese, Lebanese and Indians.
that's because
1) they already have their capital to invest
And
2) regulations are lax, hence cutting corners and getting a higher ROI
And lastly
3 ( they are treated as royalty there
why won't they come, ? cheesy grin
most Nigerian people no get capital like them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
drakeli:
Inadmissibility for unlawful presence is referring to visa overstay. Not people that cross in over the fence without a visa. Your unlawful presence starts the day your visa expires. Hence you become inadmissible until a lawyer helps you out through one of several pathways to legalization. So this is absolutely referring to visa overstay and not people that cross in on foot from Mexico through Arizona desert or rivers or canal or jungle or whatever. So take it or leave it. As at today, no pathway to forgiveness for unlawful boarder crossing. There are more than 11million Mexicans and South Americans in the US. They wish they could be forgiven after many decades. Well...maybe one day. Who knows.

well they can keep living their life a day at a time

at least their descendant are Americans

that's the most important
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Badgers14: 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
drakeli:

There is a pathway, although it is difficult and not guaranteed that USCIS will grant all the waivers but someone could at least try.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by drakeli: 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
Badgers14:

There is a pathway, although it is difficult and not guaranteed that USCIS will grant all the waivers but someone could at least try.
Pathway for which category of people? I guess you are not talking about people that got themselves smuggled through the boarder? If those are the people you are referring to, then I bet you have no knowledge of what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Badgers14: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
drakeli:
Pathway for which category of people? I guess you are not talking about people that got themselves smuggled through the boarder? If those are the people you are referring to, then I bet you have no knowledge of what you’re talking about.

Yes, those categories. I know what I am talking about.

Although very diffcult but there is a pathway for them.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by drakeli: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
Badgers14:

Yes, those categories. I know what I am talking about.

Although very diffcult but there is a pathway for them.

How? Since you know what you’re talking about. Marrying US citizen?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Badgers14: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
drakeli:
How? Since you know what you’re talking about. Marrying US citizen?

That's when consulting a "smart" immigration lawyer comes into place. Immigration is not my speciality but I know individuals that went through that path and are now waving their U.S passport.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
Badgers14:

That's when consulting a "smart" immigration lawyer comes into place. Immigration is not my speciality but I know individuals that went through that path and are now waving their U.S passport.

exactly

there has to be a loophole somewhere

Any ways, one has to be taking calculated risks and Nigerians have to understand that immigration is not a do it die affair

Desperation by a lot of Nigerians is what is causing the world to disrespect us.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by drakeli: 11:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
Badgers14:

One last thing I’m going to tell you is this. The Op of this tread got to Mexico and he was able to secure US visa right in Mexico. Today he is able to crisscross the US with no problem from Mexico. He has now the opportunity to become US legal recident if he chooses to do so.

In the case of that person you made an example out of, it is either you are telling a misleading lie to drive home your point or the person in question is not opening up to you in details on how he made his way into the US. But trust me, if he is truly a US citizen today, definitely he did not cross the boarder on foot. However, if he did get smuggled through the boarder, he must have realized his fate by now and he will never tell you guys back home in Nigeria that he is stucked with no legalization. On the other hand , he might be able to get a visa while in Mexico just like the Op. That will make his journey smoother. We that are hear, most of us love telling lies and showing lies about ourselves to people back home and even on Facebook. That’s what I don’t do as a person.

Guy don’t let anyone deceive you about himself. Don’t believe him until he tells you the truth about how he was able to secure a visa in Mexico to cross. I know a lot of South Americana here in different capacities. How funny non of them ever told me that some “smart” lawyer does that or has helped anyone of them even when I see Mexicans with US citizen wives and kids being deported everyday leaving their families behind. I wish they could know where this “smart” lawyer resides. That would really be helpful.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 11:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
Na wa for this argument o.we in naija are looking for escape route and you are arguing over what i dont understand. If i tell you to invite me over na you will abadon me at the airport
drakeli:
One last thing I’m going to tell you is this. The Op of this tread got to Mexico and he was able to secure US visa right in Mexico. Today he is able to crisscross the US with no problem from Mexico. He has now the opportunity to become US legal recident if he chooses to do so. In the case of that person you made an example out of, it is either you are telling a misleading lie to drive home your point or the person in question is not opening up to you in details on how he made his way into the US. But trust me, if he is truly a US citizen today, definitely he did not cross the boarder on foot. However, if he did get smuggled through the boarder, he must have realized his fate by now and he will never tell you guys back home in Nigeria that he is stucked with no legalization. On the other hand , he might be able to get a visa while in Mexico just like the Op. That will make his journey smoother. We that are hear, most of us love telling lies and showing lies about ourselves to people back home and even on Facebook. Guy don’t let anyone deceive you about himself. Don’t believe him until he tells you the truth about how he was able to secure a visa in Mexico to cross. I know a lot of South Americana here in different capacities. How funny non of them ever told me that some “smart” lawyer does that or has helped anyone of them even when I see Mexicans with US citizen wives and kids being deported everyday leaving their families behind. I wish they could know where this “smart” lawyer resides. That would really be helpful.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Badgers14: 12:31am On Oct 13, 2018
drakeli:
One last thing I’m going to tell you is this. The Op of this tread got to Mexico and he was able to secure US visa right in Mexico. Today he is able to crisscross the US with no problem from Mexico. He has now the opportunity to become US legal recident if he chooses to do so.

In the case of that person you made an example out of, it is either you are telling a misleading lie to drive home your point or the person in question is not opening up to you in details on how he made his way into the US. But trust me, if he is truly a US citizen today, definitely he did not cross the boarder on foot. However, if he did get smuggled through the boarder, he must have realized his fate by now and he will never tell you guys back home in Nigeria that he is stucked with no legalization. On the other hand , he might be able to get a visa while in Mexico just like the Op. That will make his journey smoother. We that are hear, most of us love telling lies and showing lies about ourselves to people back home and even on Facebook. That’s what I don’t do as a person.

Guy don’t let anyone deceive you about himself. Don’t believe him until he tells you the truth about how he was able to secure a visa in Mexico to cross. I know a lot of South Americana here in different capacities. How funny non of them ever told me that some “smart” lawyer does that or has helped anyone of them even when I see Mexicans with US citizen wives and kids being deported everyday leaving their families behind. I wish they could know where this “smart” lawyer resides. That would really be helpful.

You didn't have to write this long episode and I did not bother to read them all.

Also, dont assume you are the only one living in the U.S and everyone else is living in a village in timbuktu.

I live in the U.S and have been for more than a decade. Again, yes there is a "difficult " path way for them and I have seen people that have gone through it successfully. Worse come to worse, if they committed a felony prior to trying to legalize themselves, if the state Governor pardons them, they are back on track.

Try and schedule an appointment with an immigration lawyer near you, some of them have free 1 hr appointment . They will answer more of your questions.

Something to keep in mind though, people are not always honest about their immigration movements, why they are stuck in the process or why they didn't do what you think they should have done.

Cheers!!
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by business4all: 1:23am On Oct 13, 2018
Badgers14:

You didn't have to write this long episode and I did not bother to read them all.

Also, dont assume you are the only one living in the U.S and everyone else is living in a village in timbuktu.

I live in the U.S and have been for more than a decade. Again, yes there is a "difficult " path way for them and I have seen people that have gone through it successfully. Worse come to worse, if they committed a felony prior to trying to legalize themselves, if the state Governor pardons them, they are back on track.

Try and schedule an appointment with an immigration lawyer near you, some of them have free 1 hr appointment . They will answer more of your questions.

Something to keep in mind though, people are not always honest about their immigration movements, why they are stuck in the process or why they didn't do what you think they should have done.

Cheers!!
I’m a critical analyst. At the bold. The poster did not assume that. He made reference not only to himself but to other people living in the US as well on what they are found of doing.

I think you are the one twisting that in a move to make us know that you too are living in the US. Now we don know you too live in the US. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Badgers14: 11:28am On Oct 13, 2018
business4all:
I’m a critical analyst. At the bold. The poster did not assume that. He made reference not only to himself but to other people living in the US as well on what they are found of doing.

I think you are the one twisting that in a move to make us know that you too are living in the US. Now we don know you too live in the US. grin

Na you get your mouth, you fit use am chop śhit
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Rodeoz(m): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
stepo707:

What's the site to teach the Chinese kids since you can do it from home

Smart ass
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Tobimillar1(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
NONNYG:
we global nowcheesy
Bro how far? Longest time? Remember me. ? I deleted my old account here. Had To open a new nairaland account
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
Oga ben come back to your thread.i can see US citizens arguing on mexico thread.help us with ways to migrate abroad una no gree.no argument on this thread or i will ban you.i am d mod
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by mannycrown: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
Kizme:
Oga ben come back to your thread.i can see US citizens arguing on mexico thread.help us with ways to migrate abroad una no gree.no argument on this thread or i will ban you.i am d mod

The man just bone him thread for una. Bad market
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
Kizme:

wait o

why do you even consider Mexico to be an option in the first place,??,

I'm just curious to know
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by siverspooon(m): 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
Ugosample:

wait o

I'm just curious to know
Yes sir or is the option of mexico a bad one?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
siverspooon:

it's not an English speaking country

And its going to set you back by more than 1.3m to even get yourself there

If you are planning to be an investor and all, it's a good idwa; because of proximity to the U.S. market and all

but going to Mexico to "hustle" ?

Don t think it's a good idea

I know Nigeria is hard and all, but please, let us be strategic in thinking.

That's all I ask cheesy

be sure of where you are going to And also the condition of the place too

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
Tell me other options to leave this shithole.canada express entry is high.i don't have masters whats my assurance?
Ugosample:

wait o

I'm just curious to know
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
Kizme:
Tell me other options to leave this shithole.canada express entry is high.i don't have masters whats my assurance?

the first thing I'd advice you is this....

Don't be desperate

it's very important

I know someone who was desperate to leave, and was scammed. the person was a nairalander, and sadly, he has committed suicide

I know others personally like that.

Kill desperation

Secondly, you will have to give a one year lag, between when you begin research plans to leave and actually leaving

the internet is ur friend, do all the research you can, and then narrow down to a few countries and eventually pick.

If you were business savvy, I would have suggested a stable African country to establish and grow
but then, if you want to do corporate work, then the west may be the place

but then, be careful o shocked

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Mizwisdom(f): 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
Kizme:

What's your story Ma'am? Mexico is not a good place for females, go to Europe instead, hope your desperation wouldn't lead you to harm. Europe is better

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by rindetemi: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
I think im even more intereted as it comes to business in other african country. can you hit me up?

Ugosample:

Don't be desperate

it's very important

I know someone who was desperate to leave, and was scammed. the person was a nairalander, and sadly, he has committed suicide

Kill desperation

Secondly, you will have to give a one year lag, between when you begin research plans to leave and actually leaving

the internet is ur friend, do all the research you can, and then narrow down to a few countries and eventually pick.

If you were business savvy, I would have suggested a stable African country to establish and grow

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Taofeekdboy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
The problem is not to travel rather the proper way of Travelling, most of us wants to travel out of the country but with no proper reasearch, apart from Nigeria and some African countries, there is no country someone will go with visit/tourist visa and they will allow that person to work hence it is called illegal immigrant because it is not abiding with the rules of that visa. Either Europe or America let’s try, plan how to move there legally.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
rindetemi:
I think im even more intereted as it comes to business in other african country. can you hit me up?

id prefer we limit our discussion to the forum here.

you can ask what you want here
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
The problem is not to travel rather the proper way of Travelling, most of us wants to travel out of the country but with no proper reasearch, apart from Nigeria and some African countries, there is no country someone will go with visit/tourist visa and they will allow that person to work hence it is called illegal immigrant because it is not abiding with the rules of that visa. Either Europe or America let’s try, plan how to move there legally.

better
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Mizwisdom(f): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
siverspooon:

kisme/siverspoon, it is well
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ugosample(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mizwisdom:

kisme/siverspoon, it is well

it is well indeed

I just wished that things were not too bad to warrant SO SO MANY to want to flee AT THE SAME TIME undecided
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
Thanks for your little advise first of all i am not desperate if i was desperate i would have gone through land in 2010 when my girlfriend went to germany through land.secondly nobody can scam me i look b4 i leap.thanks
Ugosample:

Don't be desperate

it's very important

Kill desperation

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (32) (Reply)

A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) / This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.