Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (108191 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 5:02am On Sep 26, 2018
Pesb:
@benpedro

Do they offer scholarship for phD please

Many thanks
I said it here already that the scholarship is for Masters and PhD. Please stop making me repeat myself sir.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 5:07am On Sep 26, 2018
starbn:

the big Ben.we all celebrate you here.....
we are glad to have such amazing guy like you.

please throw more light on this

*like my brother said .the fees we are paying is for admission fee or school fees.

*are we going to pay the fees directly to the university.
*is it any university of your choice or do they have list of the university.
* translation is only done by the embassy or can we translate in any Spanish center.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 5:11am On Sep 26, 2018
rindetemi:
I will advice you put little effort into it too and do some search.
start from here. https://www.topuniversities.com/universities/instituto-politecnico-nacional-ipn
http://www.cem.itesm.mx/international/studyinmexico/coursesenglish.php
https://www.masterstudies.com/Mexico/

the requirement are there for you to see.
NB: Some university may not offer scholarship. please read up.

Thank you. Please you can go to this links too and see some other schools. Education is very cheap here
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 5:17am On Sep 26, 2018
thegreencoal:
Chief Ben,
I have 3 questions:

Is it a must to present an introduction letter from one's employer to the Consular at the Mexican embassy stating that the person would be on vacation in Mexico?

2. There were 3 options to prove economic solvency as required for the VISA processing, my question is can someone provide all the 3 if they are available or is it just one? The 3 are: proof of employment, credit balance of minimum $1500 USD and proof of house ownership.

3. I also called the South African Airlines customers care center today and I asked the lady what the price is if I'm flying from Lagos to Mexico, she replied a whooping sum of 1.7million NGN! I was shocked.

I would appreciate if there are cheaper options that you're aware of, if you can share.
Thank you.
I didn't say you should call. I said you should go to their office. They will look for the ticket in your presence there. She probably didn't bother to look up the ticket because she receives ten's of such calls everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by thegreencoal: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2018
benpedro:
I didn't say you should call. I said you should go to their office. They will look for the ticket in your presence there. She probably didn't bother to look up the ticket because she receives ten's of such calls everyday.

Okay. Questions 1&2 nko?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by starbn(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2018
benpedro:
According to the school and the agent, students on scholarship dont have to pay school fees. In most cases, they're even given stipends. I don't know how this works but I think we should create a separate thread for studying in Mexico.
that's correct bro Ben.
information I got from the website of university of baja California mexicali.state as you just said..
but I'm trying to details of the whole process before embarking on it.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by evanstical: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2018
Mind you,No more visa application on the Abuja Mexico embassy portal for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by thegreencoal: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2018
evanstical:
Why? shocked
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by thegreencoal: 11:36am On Sep 26, 2018
evanstical:

Why this fake news? angry Can you show proof that the application is currently closed?

See what I saw when I checked the site?

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by suxes2005(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
thegreencoal:

Why this fake news? angry Can you show proof that the application is currently closed?

See what I saw when I checked the site?

Simply put: there’s no appointment date at the Mexican embassy for the rest of the year.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by WhyNa: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2018
I've been doing a lot of reading and searching. There is indeed scholarship opportunities for Masters and PhD scholars. There are 2 calls. Not sure when and when but I'm guessing mostly February and May (Not sure) Most of the schools have stopped receiving applications except one but even that one isn't straight forward. Been on it for hours! I don't know if their mode of instruction is English, I hope it is. I mailed a school though, waiting for reply. The other school I checked starts accepting application in february. I'll update if I get more info.

I advice you do some checking yourself too. Don't wait for OP to do everything.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by fullmoononly: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
suxes2005:

Simply put: there’s no appointment date at the Mexican embassy for the rest of the year.

wow! So all applications will wait till next year now? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by evanstical: 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2018
That's what l mean.l tried to book for an appointment but no available. Date .
suxes2005:

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by solomonjesus: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
Thanks benpedro for the information is really an eye opener for us you are a good teacher

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
the deadline is September 28 for scholarship program .i don't know how true.please someone else should confirm.Thanks
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by WhyNa: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2018
Kizme:
the deadline is September 28 for scholarship program .i don't know how true.please someone else should confirm.Thanks

True. saw it too but I no even see link to apply
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2018
I think we should just follow the first route the OP talked about .i went for FRSC yesterday this country is a joke
WhyNa:

True. saw it too but I no even see link to apply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
OP thanks for this wonderful thread when I enter Mexico I will give you a big kiss cheesy
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Jerrymandela: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2018
Big bros u put a smile on my face again once again thanks a lot.I want to ask can I get a truck driver job their in Mexico thanks
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kizme(f): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2018
Uncle Ben I sent you a mail you haven't responded. God bless you
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kizme:
OP thanks for this wonderful thread when I enter Mexico I will give you a big kiss cheesy
lol make my Mexican wife no catch you oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jerrymandela:
Big bros u put a smile on my face again once again thanks a lot.I want to ask can I get a truck driver job their in Mexico thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 7:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kizme:
Uncle Ben I sent you a mail you haven't responded. God bless you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kissup(f): 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
I didn't text you to ask for money I just wanted you to know I have spoken to the agent.thanks so much
benpedro:
I have lots of emails in my inbox from nairalanders. About a hundred of them and I don't bother to read most of them. Some are asking me for money, while others are asking me to read something in Spanish and translate it for them lol as in Google Translate wey I be lol. It can be really funny at how lazy some people can be.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
BedLam:
I just want the the truth and that's all. He said he went there on a Visa and now working on his papers. But somehow he's doing some sort of established business there. Does that make sense to you or you will just swallow anything he said because he's in Mexico. I dont care if he's in Sinaloa, I dont care! But his story doesn't add up. We ain't fools.
Were i deported from America? Why so bitter

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by BedLam: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
stemmez:

Were i deported from America? Why so bitter
I know your type. Seeking truth, to you is tantamount to being a "hater". This generation will pass you by
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by EXLOVER(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
benpedro:
You're better off in Nigeria than coming here to do menial jobs. Don't try it.

Please guys, I never said Mexico is an el dorado for everybody. I only said that you're better off here in Mexico if you're a graduate and speak good English. As a SSCE holder who speaks good English, you can still get a job just by advertising yourself on facebook group pages and even make more money than a graduate. However, you must be legal to be able to do all these!
Op can a hairstylist(Barber) make it over there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply)

Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.