Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (108161 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by suxes2005(m): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2018
starbn:

benpedro you are a nice guy.I saw this information in their website.
but don't allow Nigerians to destroy the good job you been doing here.
I really appreciate you. can a third class strudent got admission into master's or pre-master's program.

we own you alot for this guide up informations

OP is not a student, why don't you do little research yourself online?

No offense meant.

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by starbn(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2018
suxes2005:

OP is not a student, why don't you do little research yourself online?
No offense meant.
SHALOM
man you not OP. so don't answer for him. since you know how research,why are you still in this tread.?
take your time.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2018
Kissup:
Oga ben you don't want to reply me.you had someone in Mexico that assisted you.assist me to get a school.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by rindetemi: 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
benpedro:

Top of the day @benpedro, another question. apart from using South Africa Airline, other airline seem to have one or twoo stop over either way. Now, wont that be difficult if one decide to use airline other than SA airline and had to do stop over say in UK or US, won't getting transit visa be an issue even though one has destination visa available to him?

I do appreciate the effort you've put into this thread despite your tight schedule. Best regard
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by fullmoononly: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
Chief Ben,

I just checked this now and saw that a VISA fee of $36 must be made. My question is, would this payment be made before appearance at the Visa Officer office in the embassy or it would be after the interview with the V.O?

"1. Please be informed that according with new Government regulations, as of January 1st, 2017, visa applications at the Embassy of Mexico will have a non-refundable naira equivalent charge of $36.00 USD that must be deposited directly to the Embassy’s Account: UBA Nigeria 1019196823, Embassy of Mexico."

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by stubbornman(m): 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
starbn:

fool like you are one of the reasons why Nigeria is still in dark....

you just borrowed #50 mb and start insulting people on the tread.

your father there.

Mexico is not for everyone , broke niggers like you and kissup can opt for Burundi and stop been a mess on a very informative thread like this..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by stubbornman(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
benpedro:
Thanks a lot brother for this. Some people can be so annoying but what do you expect? It's a public forum. The other time a lady, I think with the username Kissup was asking me to tell her the name of a school she can apply for a job 'afterall someone helped me find my own job'. What an insolence! However, let us not delay this thread. I will answer all their questions to the best of my ability. Cheers bro!

Keep up your good work of guiding the serious ones who has intentions of migrating ..... The rest are just PRICING without BUYING...

Have a great day!!!
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by lapash: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
peacengine:

Oga Ben, I de fill u bro. I must try my luck, did you do your masters for free, if not why, is it taught in English

Oga Ben, please can you give me the link to a Mexican dating website. I want to try to make friends with a mexican as I am interested in moving to Mexico
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by lapash: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
benpedro:

Please what is the name of the University in Mexico
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2018
rindetemi:

Top of the day @benpedro, another question. apart from using South Africa Airline, other airline seem to have one or twoo stop over either way. Now, wont that be difficult if one decide to use airline other than SA airline and had to do stop over say in UK or US, won't getting transit visa be an issue even though one has destination visa available to him?

I do appreciate the effort you've put into this thread despite your tight schedule. Best regard
There is no direct flight from Nigeria to Mexico. All flights from Nigeria to Mexico must have a stopover in UK, US, Brazil or any of the European countries. Your best bet will be to apply for a schengen transit visa, preferably French transit visa. South African airways is recommended because you won't need a transit visa in South Africa and Brazil if you're not staying more than 24 hours at the airport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 12:01am On Sep 25, 2018
fullmoononly:
Chief Ben,

I just checked this now and saw that a VISA fee of $36 must be made. My question is, would this payment be made before appearance at the Visa Officer office in the embassy or it would be after the interview with the V.O?

"1. Please be informed that according with new Government regulations, as of January 1st, 2017, visa applications at the Embassy of Mexico will have a non-refundable naira equivalent charge of $36.00 USD that must be deposited directly to the Embassy’s Account: UBA Nigeria 1019196823, Embassy of Mexico."

Thanks.
Before 2017, the Mexican embassy gives you a deposit sleep to pay for your visa after it is given to you. If they deny you visa, you won't have to pay a dime. However, starting from January 1st 2017, you must pay the visa fee of $36 before the interview. And it's non refundable.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 12:03am On Sep 25, 2018
peacengine:

Oga Ben, I de fill u bro. I must try my luck, did you do your masters for free, if not why, is it taught in English
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 12:04am On Sep 25, 2018
benpedro:
I didn't know about the free masters until last week. And yea, most of the course are in English. The course also includes Spanish language classes
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by thegreencoal: 12:07am On Sep 25, 2018
benpedro:
Before 2017, the Mexican embassy gives you a deposit sleep to pay for your visa after it is given to you. If they deny you visa, you won't have to pay a dime. However, starting from January 1st 2017, you must pay the visa fee of $36 before the interview. And it's non refundable.
Clear. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by rindetemi: 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
I will advice you put little effort into it too and do some search.
start from here. https://www.topuniversities.com/universities/instituto-politecnico-nacional-ipn
http://www.cem.itesm.mx/international/studyinmexico/coursesenglish.php
https://www.masterstudies.com/Mexico/

the requirement are there for you to see.
NB: Some university may not offer scholarship. please read up.

uchman:

Thanks Pedro,

Do you know their admission requirements?
Do you know if they will accept a third class grad?
Can I find a course like Automotive/Mechanical Engineering masters?

When is the admission starting?

Thanks for your time

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by starbn(m): 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Kizme:
Chief Ben God bless you and your family.please the $1,300 is that what we will pay.whats the name of the university. Thanks
the big Ben.we all celebrate you here.....
we are glad to have such amazing guy like you.

please throw more light on this

*like my brother said .the fees we are paying is for admission fee or school fees.

*are we going to pay the fees directly to the university.
*is it any university of your choice or do they have list of the university.
* translation is only done by the embassy or can we translate in any Spanish center.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by thegreencoal: 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
Chief Ben,
I have 3 questions:

Is it a must to present an introduction letter from one's employer to the Consular at the Mexican embassy stating that the person would be on vacation in Mexico?

2. There were 3 options to prove economic solvency as required for the VISA processing, my question is can someone provide all the 3 if they are available or is it just one? The 3 are: proof of employment, credit balance of minimum $1500 USD and proof of house ownership.

3. I also called the South African Airlines customers care center today and I asked the lady what the price is if I'm flying from Lagos to Mexico, she replied a whooping sum of 1.7million NGN! I was shocked.

I would appreciate if there are cheaper options that you're aware of, if you can share.
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Pesb(m): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
@benpedro

Do they offer scholarship for phD please

Many thanks
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by McChiddy(m): 1:20am On Sep 26, 2018
What is the crime rate like? [color=#006600][/color]
benpedro:
OK my brothers and sisters. I knew I had to leave Nigeria immediately I learnt Buhari had won the presidential election that year March 2015. I immediately applied for a Mexican visa and fortunately they granted me the visa. This month will make it my third year here in Mexico and glory be to God, I'm in the process of becoming a Mexican naturalised citizen. I admit, Mexico can never be compared to developed countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia or the Schengen area, however Mexico is miles ahead of Nigeria. When being compared to Mexico, I'm afraid to say this 'Nigeria is a shithole'. I would like to help some Nigerians visit or even start a life here.Ask me any question about Mexico and I will be eager to reply.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 4:57am On Sep 26, 2018
starbn:

the big Ben.we all celebrate you here.....
we are glad to have such amazing guy like you.

please throw more light on this

*like my brother said .the fees we are paying is for admission fee or school fees.

*are we going to pay the fees directly to the university.
*is it any university of your choice or do they have list of the university.
* translation is only done by the embassy or can we translate in any Spanish center.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.