Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense (4786 Views)

Infinix Hot 10: Pros, Cons And My Verdict / Airtel Nonsense. Soo All This Hype About Lte / GLO Should Stop This Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 08, 2018
Please before you read this post,read this two threads if you haven't been following my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4565323/after-18days-iphone-x-iphone
https://www.nairaland.com/4631821/18-days-iphone-7-jailbreak
the truth here is ị want to swap my iphone 7 with a good android phone I am done with it.
When I thought things were getting better by jailbreaking my device it actually got a lot worse. This jailbreak of a thing is not stable.i used electra and I have jailbreak everytime I shut down the phone.
The thing that is even pissing me off the more is random reboots. Mee the jailbreak is not stable at all if you install too much tweaks, your phone start restarting on its own.and for you to even remove the jailbreak is even worst. I encountered error after installing anemone theme. And tried to theme my device na so my phone start to restart up and dawn.i was able to remove cydia and install electra again.but it was stress.

1:This phone can't stay on 3g.i have complained about this too much. The network is just too slow for me I can't bear it anymore. The worst part on this side is.if you're surfing the internet and some1 calls you, the phone automatically disconnects you from the internet and goes to E.what nonsense.when people on Android can make call and browse at the same time.this their technology is a step back words.

2: this phone is slow. Sometimes it gets too slow to open settings.it can take over 5 seconds opening settings.or even a browser.the slowness is now making me feel too bad.the so called fast iPhone. Mehn too bad.

3: the screen is lcd. On a phone that is more expensive than s7 edge but has just lcd. What nonsense is this one.i am even tired of the screen.this is just a rip off I regret trying to use this phone

4:tweaked apps are full of ads. There is no joy using this phone.if you decided not to jailbreak the phone and use some tweaked apps.such as youtube ++ Mehn virus will just infect your iPhone. The ads I get on this phone now is just too much. Jailbreak or the tweak just opened my phone to so many things. Viruses hackers etc. This jailbreak is a mistake. Except you change your admin password from beginning.

5: still unable to access computer easily. So difficult.infact the only way I access my phone through pc is by wifi. And I can't imagine a girl doing this because it's stressful and complicated.

6:keyboard still flaws. Just can't make a default keyboard.the jail breaks does nothing to this.unless I haven't figured out a way.

Infact my conclusion is I want to swap this phone with an android.jailbreak or no jailbreak I no wan use this phone again.

I've made a full guide a based on this phone.and this is the last topic. I've made sure I recorded everything from when I got the phone to jailbreak and using it with jailbreak.and I can now make final judgements to help people who think jailbreak is the key to tweaking or having unlimited fun. Yeah it is but once you install more than 15 tweaks with anemone and sprigtomize omo pụọ is your state..thanks

Swap available pls.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Jeromejnr(m): 10:33am On Sep 08, 2018
Welcome to the club.

Go for a Samsung S8 upwards..or just wait for the S10 like Me wink

Android plus Samsung experience UI rocks.

10 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by lanre316: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2018
Jeromejnr:
Welcome to the club.

True. It's just they are too damn expensive

5 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 08, 2018
Jeromejnr:
Welcome to the club.

I think I want to use Google pixel and not Samsung

5 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Jeromejnr(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2018
CHESTER48:
I think I want to use Google pixel and not Samsung

I see u complained of screen...Pixel has a very bad display. The Iphone 7 has better display dan it.

The phone also slows down overtime.

5 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
Jeromejnr:

I see u complained of screen...Pixel has a very bad display. The Iphone 7 has better display dan it.

The phone also slows down overtime.
aOga my iPhone 7 is already lagging and slow. Now I have so many things running in background I am feeling the sluggishness

3 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Stallion93(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
Lies, OP go and buy Real iPhone, u must be using Techno cloned as iPhone.

12 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Jeromejnr(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2018
CHESTER48:
aOga my iPhone 7 is already lagging and slow. Now I have so many things running in background I am feeling the sluggishness

Go for Samsung Oga..or a One plus.

5 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Yelutide: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
Stallion93:
Lies, OP go and buy Real iPhone, u must be using Techno cloned as iPhone.

Don't mind the OP, stop using fake iPHone, go and buy real iPhone.

6 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
Yelutide:

grin the guy na dunce I swear. IPhone 5s never lag na almighty iPhone 7 plus.
Dem don sell am clone

17 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Stallion93(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Yelutide:

As in eh! See lie, iPhone slowing down. Even iPhone 4s Is faster than Samsung note 10

6 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by henry007(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
When you jailbreak your iPhone, all bets are off. You should have done your research before jailbreaking. Been there done that, never again Lol

Use your iPhone as is and forget about using android features that cause lag.

12 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by hyuga(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Well done Chester, I was laughing at many ignorant rants about you having a clones iPhone some even said you are still using an Android but themed iPhone launcher. Mehn, knowledge is power indeed. Okay, everyone, jailbreak is real and like every unofficial means, the con outweighs the pros. I am a droid person and I have used an iPhone before (sold it after 30 days) and truth is it's a boring ecosystem. I respect them for their fluid os and the iCloud security (buyers protection due to theft) but if you have ever experienced freedom on an OS then iOS will bore you. Modding etc gets exhausting, In the good old days of them ginger bread and I couldn't afford to buy them Samsung running ics and jellybean, I would run to xda. Spent a lot on data download roms and flashing from unstable to stable then after few months I move on. Tho intresting, it gets exhausting after a while. My advice as a tech enthusiast is to stick to an OS that you are comfy with, now adays there isn't MUCH reason to mod or tweak device except you want your entry level device to drag with an upper mid-ranger. Good you enjoyed both side of the mobile life to the fullest @ Chester, I enjoyed travelling through your story grin

21 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
hyuga:
Well done Chester, I was laughing at many ignorant rants about you having a clones iPhone some even said you are still using an Android but themed iPhone launcher. Mehn, knowledge is power indeed. Okay, everyone, jailbreak is real and like every unofficial means, the con outweighs the pros. I am a droid person and I have used an iPhone before (sold it after 30 days) and truth is it's a boring ecosystem. I respect them for their fluid os and the iCloud security (buyers protection due to theft) but if you have ever experienced freedom on an OS then iOS will bore you. Modding etc gets exhausting, In the good old days of them ginger bread and I couldn't afford to buy them Samsung running ics and jellybean, I would run to xda. Spent a lot on data download roms and flashing from unstable to stable then after few months I move on. Tho intresting, it gets exhausting after a while. My advice as a tech enthusiast is to stick to an OS that you are comfy with, now adays there isn't MUCH reason to mod or tweak device except you want your entry level device to drag with an upper mid-ranger. Good you enjoyed both side of the mobile life to the fullest @ Chester, I enjoyed travelling through your story grin
of course we know jailbreak is real. Read his other thread he said the iPhone hangs with poor display can't use ordinary SwiftKey even before attempting to jailbreak the phone
Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by gcof(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
SORRY bro... you don buy fake iPhone

2 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
hyuga:
thanks bro.yoire the only person to make a reasonable comment here. Atleast have used this phone in every single way usable.do you know why they call the phone is not slow?because they only install apps that doesn't make us of the ram. Anemone app as a whole takes upto 200mb of ram. Then the theme installed takes ram.if they think I lie.they can Google about anemone and ram problem. They forget the phone has ram. And you can't full the ram using apps cause apple finds a way of let this app run very low in background.

9 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
lilbest4:
of course we know jailbreak is real. Read his other thread he said the iPhone hangs with poor display can't use ordinary SwiftKey even before attempting to jailbreak the phone
Sire this is SwiftKey. I never said it doesn't work! I only said it doesn't work too well. Sometimes the keyboard freezes and will show a blank keyboard area without any letters at all. I have to respring the device to get the keyboard working.sometimes if I leave it,it can take over 5 mins to get back to ios stock keyboard. Father hanging on me for more than 5mins with empty letters. If you have been using SwiftKey. Tell me you have never noticed this?

5 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
henry007:
When you jailbreak your iPhone, all bets are off. You should have done your research before jailbreaking. Been there done that, never again Lol

Use your iPhone as is and forget about using android features that cause lag.
android features that cause lag or iPhone features that cause lag. Anemone alone can take up almost the ram. Other apps include sprigtomize.and due to low ram management it forces me to respring or remove anemone.i feel people with 3gb of ram re the ones enjoying all the tweak they want.cause they will still have free ram.

Now let's me use this. If you have a gaming laptop with gtx 1080 and fastest core i7 in the world. But have 4gb ram of memory.it normal cause most apps like browsers, photoshop will work with no lag. But if the person plays fifa 18 that requires 8gb of ram on the most sophisticated laptop with just 4gb of ram when the game actually utilizes upto 4.5gb when running.and rememeber your pc has already taken 1.5gb core apps leaving you with 2.5gb. Do you think the pc will run fifa 18 without lag?

9 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by nelsonebby(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
Do you know fake usb won’t connect with your computer?
Only original cable works with pc
grin

1 Like

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
Here is a pic to the iPhone fanboys who thinks iPhone doesn't.lag.you use your iPhone shallow and you think it will lag.na so. Jailbreak your phones and intall real tweaks and see as your phone becomes snail nonsense.

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
CHESTER48:
Sire this is SwiftKey. I never said it doesn't work! I only said it doesn't work too well. Sometimes the keyboard freezes and will show a blank keyboard area without any letters at all. I have to respring the device to get the keyboard working.sometimes if I leave it,it can take over 5 mins to get back to ios stock keyboard. Father hanging on me for more than 5mins with empty letters. If you have been using SwiftKey. Tell me you have never noticed this?

i have never experienced any sort of hanging.
Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Emmanuellllllll: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
CHESTER48:
Please before you read this post,read this two threads if you haven't been following my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4565323/after-18days-iphone-x-iphone
https://www.nairaland.com/4631821/18-days-iphone-7-jailbreak
the truth here is ị want to swap my iphone 7 with a good android phone I am done with it.
When I thought things were getting better by jailbreaking my device it actually got a lot worse. This jailbreak of a thing is not stable.i used electra and I have jailbreak everytime I shut down the phone.
The thing that is even pissing me off the more is random reboots. Mee the jailbreak is not stable at all if you install too much tweaks, your phone start restarting on its own.and for you to even remove the jailbreak is even worst. I encountered error after installing anemone theme. And tried to theme my device na so my phone start to restart up and dawn.i was able to remove cydia and install electra again.but it was stress.

1:This phone can't stay on 3g.i have complained about this too much. The network is just too slow for me I can't bear it anymore. The worst part on this side is.if you're surfing the internet and some1 calls you, the phone automatically disconnects you from the internet and goes to E.what nonsense.when people on Android can make call and browse at the same time.this their technology is a step back words.

2: this phone is slow. Sometimes it gets too slow to open settings.it can take over 5 seconds opening settings.or even a browser.the slowness is now making me feel too bad.the so called fast iPhone. Mehn too bad.

3: the screen is lcd. On a phone that is more expensive than s7 edge but has just lcd. What nonsense is this one.i am even tired of the screen.this is just a rip off I regret trying to use this phone

4:tweaked apps are full of ads. There is no joy using this phone.if you decided not to jailbreak the phone and use some tweaked apps.such as youtube ++ Mehn virus will just infect your iPhone. The ads I get on this phone now is just too much. Jailbreak or the tweak just opened my phone to so many things. Viruses hackers etc. This jailbreak is a mistake. Except you change your admin password from beginning.

5: still unable to access computer easily. So difficult.infact the only way I access my phone through pc is by wifi. And I can't imagine a girl doing this because it's stressful and complicated.

6:keyboard still flaws. Just can't make a default keyboard.the jail breaks does nothing to this.unless I haven't figured out a way.

Infact my conclusion is I want to swap this phone with an android.jailbreak or no jailbreak I no wan use this phone again.

I've made a full guide a based on this phone.and this is the last topic. I've made sure I recorded everything from when I got the phone to jailbreak and using it with jailbreak.and I can now make final judgements to help people who think jailbreak is the key to tweaking or having unlimited fun. Yeah it is but once you install more than 15 tweaks with anemone and sprigtomize omo pụọ is your state..thanks

Swap available pls.

IPhone 7 is last years model but still competes with the s8 iPhone is just too good. And you're complaining its backward use the iPhone x that's the new one not the two year old phone
Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
lilbest4:
i have never experienced any sort of hanging.
you are a shallow user.

Here is a pix of my ram.i only have about 60mb free ram.this is without anemone installed and themes running.immediately I install anemone na so the phone will start restarting and my free ram goes to 2mb

4 Likes

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by kkkossy(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
I really don’t understand why someone would end up jail breaking an iPhone 7 just to attain android standard. Bro I use an IPhone 7plus and I have never for once hand any issues with lagging yet I have loads of apps with huge sizes.

If your really want an android, go get it.

iPhone is still the best phone I have ever used.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
From screenshots you're using on Android themed iPhone. Aldou ur point are halfway right

1 Like

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2018
CHESTER48:
you are a shallow user.

Here is a pix of my ram.i only have about 60mb free ram.this is without anemone installed and themes running.immediately I install anemone na so the phone will start restarting and my free ram goes to 2mb
you are stuck with tecno and infinix mentality.
What do you gain from tweaking, putting fire and love icon on your notification bar?
That's juvenile

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
kkkossy:
I really don’t understand why someone would end up jail breaking an iPhone 7 just to attain android standard. Bro I use an IPhone 7plus and I have never for once hand any issues with lagging yet I have loads of apps with huge sizes.

If your really want an android, go get it.

iPhone is still the best phone I have ever used.
I just tire for the guy. He sounds like someone whom was gifted an iPhone and he actually has no single idea of what to do with it

1 Like

Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by seunfly: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
Lol @ IPhone defenders, nothing to say other than u are using fake iPhone. Megalomania set of people.
Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by giftedben: 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
Stallion93:
As in eh! See lie, iPhone slowing down. Even iPhone 4s Is faster than Samsung note 10

Ahhh take sofry dey lie small small
IPhone 4s is not even faster than Nokia Lumia 630
Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
lilbest4:
I just tire for the guy. He sounds like someone whom was gifted an iPhone and he actually has no single idea of what to do with it
oga what do you do with your iPhone?
Re: My Verdict Finally.iphones Is A Step Backwards.i Am Done With This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
seunfly:
Lol @ IPhone defenders, nothing to say other than u are using fake iPhone. Megalomania set of people.
Very shallow users. Install just Facebook Snapchat instagram etc and u think your phone will lag jailbreak and install core apps nah. And see as your phone turns into a lagging machine. Not all the time though but it’s slow.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get Phone Number Of Anybody In Nigeria / Unlocking Trial Version Of Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 / How Do I Upgrade Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 206

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.