Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage (111486 Views)

RE: We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Martin0(m): 11:58am On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

No religion should be above one's culture.

In fact there in NO marriage before meeting the parents of the bride and paying dowry. That's bringing two families together. It's more important than talking to your big headed pastor.

After paying dowry, I don't know why people get it wrong and put religion before their traditional weddings when tradition was the initializer of all things.
Nothing can be done before dowry ( culture)

gbam orga na dili gi mma na afor, oyea, nkwor, ekegrin
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Martin0(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

Martin. Amen. My ancestors will be happy with me. I wanna contribute the whole village to my people.

In fact I want to have 16 children. wink

hahahah i see it in your eyesgrin

better womangrin
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Martin0(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
chineloSA:

You disturbed my beauty sleep just to tell us this angry sad
Martiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!!!!!! Which one na back door viewer
na WA for you, for this kind time na u dey sleepgrin
nor worry she don already dey beg me for her mind now, ar know
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Martin0(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
noruwasman:

oh Lord, let your daughter's request be granted Amen. MartinO oya if na man you be come do the needful sharp sharp! we are waiting and heaven knows we are waiting .......

Amen oo heavens knows we are all waitinggrin

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Ironlion1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
ola12:
Who read am? no lie grin grin

Lazy Nigeria Youths.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Ironlion1(m): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
ola12:
Who read am? no lie grin grin

Lazy Nigerian Youths.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Martin0(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jacqueline22:

Martin0 abeg d write up too long
And I Dey hungry mk I no go use my last power read am. Brb mk I eat first, sleep brb

make I advice you as a brother! e go better say you go dey gym oo coz if you dey eat early morning like this hmmmmmmm people go hmmmm my nor talk sha.....

well if you like eat sleep turn to blom blom ar go still stick with you,afterall what are friends forgrin
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Martin0(m): 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
Twoclans:

So much wisdom in your post grin, martin0 come let me toast you. Wedding bells must ring by December. tongue

mehn who introvert epp ehgrin see ma sister's and mama and Papa go beat if them hear say na woman toast megrin
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Zhahovic(m): 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
This story is legendary...truly....very touching...!..
plenty women are confused and co-fused with confusion!!!

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by thegoodone1234(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2018
You don't want sex but you are living with him.You cause everything that happened to you.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Twoclans(f): 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
Martin0:

mehn who introvert epp ehgrin see ma sister's and mama and Papa go beat if them hear say na woman toast megrin

See your head undecided

Oya toast me ,I am sure they will be proud of you when you bring home a correct Anambra babe cool.Let's give nairaland wedding bells cheesy
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Martin0(m): 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
Twoclans:

See your head undecided

Oya toast me ,I am sure they will be proud of you when you bring home a correct Anambra babe cool.Let's give nairaland wedding bells cheesy

commot for here eegrin dem nor dey start love play like this na,grin Anambra babegrin e be like say u don dey ripe oo, wait how person go just carry toast you like that, ar never see ukwu and water melon and I wan toast you, his twobaby is it fair to yougrin
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by lastclaire4(f): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
seunmsg:

Go and read a better version my friend and read from the beggining of the chapter to get good understanding of what Apostle Paul was talking about. It is not a sin to sleep with a lady one is bethroded to in as much as the lady is not a minor. Also, try and understand old Jewish practise of bethroding girls to men for marriage from their young age. It is not so difficult to understand.

OK Seun I will check.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by LadyHeaven(f): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
DMerciful:
This one wey you dey smile like this... You sure say you be one if you not yet married? If you are married, were you before marriage cos I not trust that smile

2 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
Traditional wedding is wedding
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by makydebbie(f): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
YoungDaNaval:
If not for the fact that am a mariner and will be having a ceremonial wedding walai, white wedding for no dey my agenda. Traditional marriage (igba nkwu) is the main thing.

Meanwhile, where's my hero NwaAmaikpe and my crush makydiebbie
How do you expect me to get the mention? I'm okay.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by IkeMattie: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
For those that don't know there basically three recognised marriage in Nigeria 1.Traditional or Customary marriage. 2. Islamic marriage and then marriage under the Act (borrowed from the white man either in a legally licenced church or court). If not in a licenced church it's mere blessing. So, don't be misled trad marriage is also marriage. Marriage under the act is an adendum.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by NoToPile: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
I dont fancy this yeye style of doing trad now and then church wedding months later, some even d a year later.

Do the whole stuff within some days, even if travelling to the village and coming back for the church, maximum 2 weeks.

Besides traditional marriage is marriage in eyes of God, if you want to consummate the marriage after all ceremonies then do all sharply.

That's the genesis of this whole issue.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Emmalexmng: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2018
How I wish many other ladies can learn from her story.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by bitbillionaire: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
The guy wasn't meant for you. Move on girl and stop regretting your decision to have sex only after church wedding.

Any man who cannot discipline or control his sexual urge cannot control anything other thing in life and will most likely not be a good husband!

2 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by mechanics(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
You should have maintained your stand, traditional marriage does not allow both partners to have sex o, get that right, you were right before, but you didn't take your stand, don't give up, your better half will surely come.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Sike(m): 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
This OP is a learner
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Twoclans(f): 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
Martin0:

commot for here eegrin dem nor dey start love play like this na,grin Anambra babegrin e be like say u don dey ripe oo, wait how person go just carry toast you like that, ar never see ukwu and water melon and I wan toast you, his twobaby is it fair to yougrin

Ukwu kill you diaaaaa grin I am going to take you back to where you belong tongue
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by noruwasman(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
Martin0:

Amen oo heavens knows we are all waitinggrin
I may even be available on bachelor's eve aside plenty plenty donations. grin

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Khayil(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
Looks like my Friend Doc Martins En*ebu**
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by bluesaint(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
Its really appalling to see someone summon the courage to share his/her story so someone out there can learn from their mistakes, and then you see some I'll mannered English speaking nitwits laughing and mocking at the victim.

If you don't have any good thing to say, why can't you just shut up? Such attitude goes a long way to tell how messed up your life is. Gosh!

@seun, when will you give the OP the power to delete comments on their posts, or sensor comments automatically?
This trend is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
makydebbie:
How do you expect me to get the mention? I'm okay.
oooh I spelt your name wrongly? I didn't notice. nice to know that you're okay. As for me, am not okay ooh
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
bluesaint:
Its really appalling to see someone summon the courage to share his/her story so someone out there can learn from their mistakes, and then you see some I'll mannered English speaking nitwits laughing and mocking at the victim.

If you don't have any good thing to say, why can't you just shut up? Such attitude goes a long way to tell how messed up your life is. Gosh!

@seun, when will you give the OP the power to delete comments on their posts, or sensor comments automatically?
This trend is pathetic.
Lol welcome to nairaland grin
bluesaint:

This trend is pathetic.
Lol welcome to nairaland
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by ajbabs(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Triumphantbeing, even though, I don't know the veracity of this story but I think one can learn from it.
"Ignorance at its peck" should be the title of this story. Traditional marriage is the real marriage sanction by God Almighty. Others are just ceremonial or constitutional in nature.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by biomedics(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
This is deep, justice you allowed spiritism to becloude your sense of reasoning which still boils down to the saying that the more spiritual one is, the more foolish he becomes.
Martin is an example of a perfect gentleman.

What if on the night of the honeymoon you discover he is just a two minutes man?

What if on the said night you discover he has a small joystick?

Preachers will always demonise sex when on the pulpits but their promiscuouties are legendary.

You ruined your married singlehandedly but let that not break you down another chance will present itself, it could even be me.

But most importantly, I believe you've learnt from your mistake.

NB I'm only going to do traditional marriage then we go to court, sign papers and move on.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by makydebbie(f): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
YoungDaNaval:
oooh I spelt your name wrongly? I didn't notice. nice to know that you're okay. As for me, am not okay ooh
Lol, what's wrong?
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, what's wrong?
Coz I missed you lipsrsealed
makydebbie:
Lol, what's wrong?
Coz I missed you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Girl Rubs Boyfriend's Sperm On Her Face. See Reason / Slay Queens Handcuffed After Man Who Brought Them To A Hotel Fled Without Paying / My Girlfriend Is A Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.