Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ (10755 Views)

Apostle Agochukwu: ''Nothing Will Happen To The Person Who Refused To Help You" / 2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / 2019 Prophecies: Paul Enenche Reveals What God Told Him Will Happen In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by seunmsg(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2018
wizod:
man is a tripartite being made up of spirit, soul and body. When one dies and is buried. His body and soul is buried while his spirit goes to his creator for accountability. It is his spirit dat either enjoys or suffers as d case may be.

And you actually believe spirit can suffer evalasting pains? Really

Can you provide credible evidence to support this your claim?
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2018
Your ego is so big that it must nearly impossible for you to believe in John 3:30. If only you were interested in addressing life's critical questions, you will see the truth.

shox:

This got me aswear
Western religion Don kill our moral no be small
So if I no believe one mythical creature I will burn Abi?
Make dem continue
To believe na by force?

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2018
Two books you don't understand.

Is truth exclusive? Yes!

Do all religions say all religions are the same? No!

So who's telling the truth? ...Are you interested in the truth?

CHARLOE:

Same way you're condemned already by the quoran for not believing in allah n his holy prophet muhamed (SAW)

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Kfemi1: 10:34am On Sep 09, 2018
We all know

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by donbenie(m): 10:38am On Sep 09, 2018
NnamdiEducamia:

Christian believers are not same as Christian Practitioners!

Don't be deceived.
By their fruits they shall be judged,Christianity in Nigeria is a JOKE..the highest amount of Churches in every corner you turn to and yet the WORST set of humanity on planet earth..#MTCHEEEW
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by seunmsg(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2018
Glink2018:

1 Timothy 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth'

God ultimate desire is to have all men be saved. On the other hand devil desire is to have all men perish.
Wisdom demand that we shld constantly and continually abide under the cover of the most high.

God created men in his own image. If it is his desire to save us from the devil (another creation of God), then he should just kill the devil or make him powerless.

God is supposed to be all powerful, omnipotent and omniscient. He should save us from his creation by removing or rendering powerless, the devil he created. That is a far better and easy way of saving us if you ask me.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2018
Simply put... Jesus defined good or goodness as 'being one with God'

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." Mark 10:18

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God." Romans 8:14

You need God to serve God. You can only serve Him in truth and spirit.

Except you're ready to believe in good works only leads to salvation - to reinvent the gospel.

darkchild64:
The earlie Christians realize that this idea of "Believe in Jesus or burn in hell" is nonsense the better for them
Christians start using ur brain,I'm not asking u to dump ur religion,but think like human beings not like goats,less than 50% of the world population are Christians and by this I mean those who identify Christianity as their religion of course we know that if we screen them properly only about 10% of that actually make a conciois attempt to live according to the bible,so automatically more than 90% of the current world population would be heading to hell,before we now come back to those who ecisted but have died,probably we may end up having at least 80% of the world's population in hell fire if we strictly follow the Christian theology and not mix it up with any sort of reasoning.

For me its total bull shit,and if you don't recognize that then I'm sorry for you

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2018
Is it not logical and rational that outside of space-time, the beings there can affect each other with stimulus beyond your comprehension?

darkchild64:

Can you explain to me why a spirit can suffer or enjoy,what is the physiological processes that would lead to a spirit experiencing pain,does a spirit have a nervous system,and don't come up with ur usual antics claiming that I'm deluded,first of all can you even define what a spirit is

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Donspicey: 10:46am On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:
Did we come here by chance or were we created?

If by chance, then no biggy. Everyone is going to oblivion.

But there's convincing reason to believe in God and accept his offer of salvation. Be concerned for your own soul!

Warning: There'll be questions without answers. Faith!
While it makes sense to believe - it is ludicrous to think that we're all just dancing to the tune of our DNA in a by-chance universe.

So Wat Exactly Is Ur Point??Wat Do U Believe In??Science Or Ur ScriptureRemember On D Last Day U Wil Be Judged By What U Believe
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by musicwriter(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2018
lightblazingnow:
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is CONDEMNED ALREADY, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Come to the terms and conditions, condemned in the justice of the creator. No one will say he wasn't given a fair hearing by the judge, Christ Jesus. We tell you the everlasting truth, there is faith, hope and unfailing love right now for all. You can believe now or chose not to. Don't forget that the pronouncement to unbelievers are Harsha judgements and condemnation. You shouldn't wish your enemies should go through such damnation.

We call you all to hear, please hear the voice of heaven pleading with you to be reconciled to God Almighty through his beloved son CHRIST JESUS.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
. Amen

The same thing that WILL happen to YOU if you don't believe that Muhammad is the only messenger of Allah.

Muhammad is the only verified messiah and you're going to hell if you don't believe in him. My holy Koran tells me that Allah sent him for the whole of mankind, the entire world, and thus abrogated the previous laws and made Islam the best and most perfect and complete way to God. Hence, it is obligatory for everyone to become a Muslim, for Allah says: "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

You must stop believing in Jesus now, and convert to Islam, otherwise your portion is hell that burn with fire and brimstone forever.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by stacyadams: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2018
Amberon:
Rubbish! The Bible is very clear that whoever doesn't believe in Jesus being the son of God is already condemned.
Stop adding and subtracting to the Bible.
lol.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:
Is it not logical and rational that outside of space-time, the beings there can affect each other with stimulus beyond your comprehension?

I am not going to accept something I don't understand,as simple as that,if you want to convince me,provide evidence, chikena !
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:
Simply put... Jesus defined good or goodness as 'being one with God'

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." Mark 10:18

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God." Romans 8:14

You need God to serve God. You can only serve Him in truth and spirit.

Except you're ready to believe in good works only leads to salvation - to reinvent the gospel.

What exactly is ur point
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Aystarz: 11:02am On Sep 09, 2018
Liveair:
With the number of christian believers in Nigeria, you would think Nigeria would be awesome and advanced by now. Mtchew! Grow up folks.

The problem is not with Christianity, it is rather with the people here and the shallow way with which they practise it.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by shox: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:
Your ego is so big that it must nearly impossible for you to believe in John 3:30. If only you were interested in addressing life's critical questions, you will see the truth.

The truth is that my ancestors did not see Jesus ND neither do they believe that he existed
Am so sure they are not burning in your imaginary hell

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by jefferyboy: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2018
orisa37:
Those who believe in God and obey His Commandments will live to the Fullest on Earth. Only those who believe in Our Lord Jesus Christ will get Eternal Life. Only The Born Agains, that are baptised with The Holy Spirit will make Heaven.
Trashed.wake up.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by jefferyboy: 11:12am On Sep 09, 2018
babtoundey:
What is the difference between Jesus and God (the creator of Jesus)?. I am certain they are two different entities.
one is to be worshipped the other worships and so doesn't deserve being worshipped. One is the master who sent the other to fulfill his biddings while the other is just a righteous, respectable and honourable messenger of the other.

in these lights I believe in Jesus

I believe a lot about him but not the phantom the present day world created around him.

You have sense...Weldon.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jasperwhizz(m): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2018
To those who wondered or who may on the fate of those that died without hearing about CHRIST and THE GOSPEL. Romans 2:11-16 which says those who sinned without the law will be judge without the law i.e CONSCIENCE is the MAJOR TESTAMENT which GOD is going to use, for he is the GOD that knows the deep secrets of men.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Liveair: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2018
Glink2018:

1 Timothy 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth'

God ultimate desire is to have all men be saved. On the other hand devil desire is to have all men perish.
Wisdom demand that we shld constantly and continually abide under the cover of the most high.

Then, its either you are not paying attention to what you just wrote or the bible has lied to you about your Gods willingness or ability to save.
Remember, "...its not of him that willeth but of Him that showeth mercy," right.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by kushme: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2018
Religion and science are enemies. One is a superstition; the other is a fact. One rests upon the false, the other upon the true. One is the result of fear and faith, the other of investigation and reason.

Robert Green Ingersoll..

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by realmindz: 11:41am On Sep 09, 2018
Amberon:
Rubbish! The Bible is very clear that whoever doesn't believe in Jesus being the son of God is already condemned.
Stop adding and subtracting to the Bible.

so just for not believing something, then the punishment is eternal torture. ? Religion is for psychos
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2018
realmindz:

May the god of Israel open his eyes.
Arabs hate us and call us slaves
Jews hate us too
Chinese don't respect us.
Yet you ignorant blacks will refuse to learn and move forward. You stick to old myths of the same people who conquered your ancestors and made them slaves, worshiping their gods and praying in their names.

Fighting in the name of god of Israel, calling their lands holy lands, praying for a new Jerusalem, studying their mythical genealogy to understand how your supposed white hero evolved. The bible you carry speak nothing good of your continent, it's all about the jews. It did not even consider to mention something good about Egypt one of the greatest civilizations ever, rather it cursed the Egyptians as the enemies of your god...an average African Christian sees nothing good about Egypt and will rather bless Israel. That's the power of mind control.
Aren't you supposed to be ashamed of yourselves you African slaves?

Even the whites are dumping religion faster than us, I have white friends who see us as incredibly insane, they find it difficult to understand how we carry the religion of our slave masters so dearing. When will you people have common sense?

Hmmm

Nice one bro.
Thoughtful.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2018
Jasperwhizz:
To those who wondered or who may on the fate of those that died without hearing about CHRIST and THE GOSPEL. Romans 2:11-16 which says those who sinned without the law will be judge without the law i.e CONSCIENCE is the MAJOR TESTAMENT which GOD is going to use, for he is the GOD that knows the deep secrets of men.
So in essence you are saying that there are people who would go to heaven without hearing or believing in Jesus

Yes or No
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by wizod(m): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

The problem is that there are many gods,why should I accept ur own version
you should accept my version because other goes bows to this God that created them
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Amberon: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2018
I'm not asking for your opinion. Christianity is Christianity and your abusive words will change nothing. If you don't want such truths about Christianity the you have no business visiting Christian threads or the religious section in general.
realmindz:

so just for not believing something, then the punishment is eternal torture. ? Religion is for psychos

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Glink2018(m): 11:58am On Sep 09, 2018
Liveair:

Then, its either you are not paying attention to what you just wrote or the bible has lied to you about your Gods willingness or ability to save.
Remember, "...its not of him that willeth but of Him that showeth mercy," right.

I wish you will know what I telling you about God desire for you to be saved.
But It seemed to me that you don't know and you are not interested.

Let's end the conversation. Lemme check another thread, pls.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by bodee(m): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hakeem12:
lol, I guess we are all going to hell. Nothing in christianity is original, from the cross symbol to the halo worn by saints which was borrowed from ancient Egyptian worship. Christianity is filled with examples of sun worship.

December 25th does not celebrate your Christ, according to your comical book he was born in March, yet he's celebrated in December. December 25th is the ancient pagan holiday of Sol invictus- the unconquered sun. Do your research, and ask your pretentious pastors. That holiday coincides with the winter solstice. it's that wonderful time of the year when the sun returns and the days start getting longer.

Christianity in conquering religions often adopt existing holidays to make conversions less shocking. It is called transmutation. Do you guys even read anything safe from your holy books? That process helps people acclimatize to their new faith. Worshippers keep the same holy dates, pray in the same sacred locations, use a similar symbology and simply substitute a different God.

Christianity did not only borrow from sun worship, the ritual of christian canonization is taken from the ancient "god making" ritual of Euphemerus. The practise of god eating, that is, Holy communion was borrowed from the Aztecs. Even the concepts of Christ dying for your sins is definitely not extensively christian, the self sacrifice of a young man to absolve the sins of his people appears in the ancient earliest traditions of the Quetzalcoatl.

you might argue that something in christainity is original though. That christianity does not represent its god with symbols of hawk, sungod or as an Aztec. it always shows God as an ancient Old man with white beard.

however, when the early xtrian converts abandoned their former deities-pagan gods, Roman gods Greek, sun god, Mathriac or whatever. They asked their church what their new Christian god looked like. wisely, the church chose the most feared, powerful and familiar face in all of recorded history. An old man with a white flowing beard. I hope [b]Zeus[/b]ooks familiar.

Very little in any organized faith is original, Religions are not born from scratch. They grow from one another. Modern religion is a collage, an assimilated historical record of Man's quest to understand the divine.

Many atheist you see here were in one religion or the other, but because they were rational, they refused to be gullibe like your faiths will have you. You come here and condemn people when they don't subscribe to your idea of worship. My dad is a Muslim, my mum a Christian. both tried to bring me up in their faiths. I attended Arabic school. studied the quran, and can speak fluent Arabic. I even went to a Catholic secondary school as my mum insisted. But deep down, I knew only one of these faiths had to be right. That led to my search for answers, the more I searched, the more l lost faith in both religions cos both condemn pagan gods and yet borrow a lot from their worship. When you. guys start using your brains, start asking questions and decide to find explanations for things you don't understand, rather than ascribing it to the supernatural, then. no one will Duke in the name of religion.

I know I'm going to die someday. and when I do, I'm just going to be another contribution to the earth, to the trees, and to nature. so while I'm still here, my achievements, the people im able to help, the people I love, and the people I touch in one way or another is enough for me to be content with as I go.

What do you guys think? Hopefullandlord, Hahn, hakeem4, dalaman, mujtahida, hakeem4, Joseph 1013, capslocked, dalaman, hardmirror, johnydon 22
please is there any group or page that a new agnostic/atheist can unlearn and learn better
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Glink2018(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
kazyhm:

Laff wan kee me die

Prof. Osinbajo bowed-out
Pastor Bakare bowed out
Pastor Chris Okotie bowed out

Say something intelligent please

For you to understand my comment very well, you must first purge your conscience from wrong motive and perception about Christian/& Christian leaders.

Period!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by stantonelvis(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
kullozone:
To all of us who have refused to believe in the name of Jesus Christ, we shall all die and burn in hell forever and ever, Amen!

smiley
some comments I read in the forum make me wonder if they were written by humans.. I mean, how on earth ll a sensible person make such a comment

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Glink2018(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
oglalasioux:

Please don't throw a bomb.

It's obvious that is the part you belong...

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
stantonelvis:
some comments I read in the forum make me wonder if they were written by humans.. I mean, how on earth ll a sensible person make such a comment

Sarcasm is in ur dictionary, check the meaning
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
MisterGrace:

And what happenes to your soul afterwards?
Ur soul is ur body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.