Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,074 members, 7,953,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ (10746 Views)

Apostle Agochukwu: ''Nothing Will Happen To The Person Who Refused To Help You" / 2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / 2019 Prophecies: Paul Enenche Reveals What God Told Him Will Happen In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by CSTR1005: 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
YesNo:
Na by force?

Belief is something that comes with conviction and agreement.
The whole write up is kind of saying SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE in Jesus.

That means you are super imposing with threats rather than allowing people to actually have a reason to believe.

So over 3 billion people who don't even have Jesus in their agenda will just BURN IN HELL forever.

What a Joke.
The Bible qctually reinforce that.

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."
Acts 4:12

Also God does not mind sending nations to hell if they disobey him.
Numbers does not move him.
He created them all without breaking a sweat.

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Psalm 9:17

Which is why he promised that the end will not come until the whole world hears about Jesus to serve as a witness to them.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Matt 24:14

Today is the day of salvation. Turn to the Lord today.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by ascholani09(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
IamTheAnswers:
AMEN
Wat a pity the reverse is d case. If u die without Islam. Then wats ur hope noting even the Bible confirms dat in so many places.
Take it or take it. At least I av passed the message.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 12:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
Your ancestors worshipped gods and I'm not saying there aren't bits of truth in their worldview. I'm Igbo and know the ways of my fathers, but there's a place for objective reality. All religions cannot be right. Subject them to tests of truth and there's none that gives the answers like Christ Jesus.

Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all!
Romans 1:20 GNT

Question your ancestors worldviews, it will not hold up. Seek Christ before it's too late.

shox:

The truth is that my ancestors did not see Jesus ND neither do they believe that he existed
Am so sure they are not burning in your imaginary hell

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by shox: 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:
Your ancestors worshipped gods and I'm not saying there aren't bits of truth in their worldview. I'm Igbo and know the ways of my fathers, but there's a place for objective reality. All religions cannot be right. Subject them to tests of truth and there's none that gives the answers like Christ Jesus.

Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all!

Question your ancestors worldviews, it will not hold up. Seek Christ before it's too late.

I'll rather seek for Leonardo da Vinci's knowledge
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by benodic: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
Talk is cheap. Action is what matters. Your ticket to heaven is loving actions towards other souls. God is not interested in whatever name you use to approach it. Love is all that counts and not religion
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
Donspicey:

So Wat Exactly Is Ur Point??Wat Do U Believe In??Science Or Ur ScriptureRemember On D Last Day U Wil Be Judged By What U Believe

grin I believe in the Good news of Jesus Christ. I'm led by the spirit of God. It's just that you seem to think there's no reason to believe, just faith. You seem to believe that science disproves religion, which has never been the case. I'm only concerned about your soul.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

I am not going to accept something I don't understand,as simple as that,if you want to convince me,provide evidence, chikena !

...says the man who has over 100 million cells in his eyes which which he sees his screen

What kind of evidence do you want?

Evidence of human origin?
Comparison of world religions?
Reflections on the meaning of life?
truth about human destiny?

Or for God himself to change your heart?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
YesNo:

Who is this M0ron?
Did you even read before you quote me And start talking about the evil in your mother's head? please get the furck out.

Telling me. to go on my knees and pray to God. Do you know me? Do you think you even pray? Holier than thou bastaard full of judgemental rubbish.

I'll pray for you. But your reaction has no commensurate relationship with my post. Whatever your troubles are, there's always help. Don't drown your conscience, you're on the right path. Hope you find peace soon. Again I'll pray for you...

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
shox:

I'll rather seek for Leonardo da Vinci's knowledge

You're still missing the BIG picture.

No human intellectual ever answered the question of life's meaning.

Or as CS Lewis puts it, if you were a ship on the high seas, and you had personal ethics to keep you from sinking, social ethics to protect you from conflicts... There's an all-important question of why are you even out there in the first place?

Or if life is an effect, someone has caused it. Don't you want to know why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

What exactly is ur point

My point is, if you changed from being human to become a dog. To teach the dogs how to live, to fulfill them. And you made it possible for all of them to have a human spirit and act human even in their doggy nature. And they chose to rebel, to be a law unto themselves and reject your spirit - your offer of salvation. Choice is sacred and you must respect it, they rejected your life. So...
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:

Shall we subject ur own religion to test,because it seems u are good at judging other religions except urs,it is good you know that all religions can not be right at the same time and let me let you know that every religious group claims to be right,so you saying that Christianity stands out does not make any difference, a Muslim would say the same about his or her faith,same as a Buddhist
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:

...says the man who has over 100 million cells in his eyes which which he sees his screen

What kind of evidence do you want?

Evidence of human origin?
Comparison of world religions?
Reflections on the meaning of life?
truth about human destiny?

Or for God himself to change your heart?
Evidence that a spirit exists as u claim
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by realmindz: 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
Amberon:
I'm not asking for your opinion. Christianity is Christianity and your abusive words will change nothing. If you don't want such truths about Christianity the you have no business visiting Christian threads or the religious section in general.
There's nothing special about your religion, it's insignificance in the universe cannot be over emphasized...the universe is in billions of years old, the earth is over 4 billions years old. Different civilizations, religions and culture have evolved and gone in this very small proportion of the universe, Galaxy. The universe is far too big for your little beliefs.

Your religion which is just about 2000 years old wasn't the first, therefore it's time will go as well while the earth and universe remains. It takes a great mind to understand this because it is deep, but I doubt your level of comprehension. But you can help yourself first by trying to understand the complexity, enormousness of the world you live in, then you will appreciate the fact that there is no much to this life and the religion you so much hold dearly
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:

You're still missing the BIG picture.

No human intellectual ever answered the question of life's meaning.

Or as CS Lewis puts it, if you were a ship on the high seas, and you had personal ethics to keep you from sinking, social ethics to protect you from conflicts... There's an all-important question of why are you even out there in the first place?

Let's assume life is an effect as u say,and someone caused it and that someone happens to be god,u think the puzzle has been solved,I can as well claim that god is an effect that needs a cause so we would keep regressing infinitely, the problem with u pple is that u have very limited knowledge and you think you know everything,how about just settling for evidence,stop making useless theories without evidence,if u don't know something simple admit that u don't, I don't know how life started but that doesn't mean I should accept any useless account
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by doctorbabs(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
JESUS NEVER FOUNDED CHRISTIANITY AND DIDNT AWARE SUCH RELIGOIN EXIST SO STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF. IN JOHN 5 V 30 JESUS SAID BY MY POWER THERE IS NOTING I CAN DO EXCEPT WITH PERMISSION OF GOD. ALSO ABOUT SONSHIP,JESUS WASNT THE ONLY ONE CALLED SON OF GOD IN THE BIBBLE. MAY LORD LEAD US ARIGHT.
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:

My point is, if you changed from being human to become a dog. To teach the dogs how to live, to fulfill them. And you made it possible for all of them to have a human spirit and act human even in their doggy nature. And they chose to rebel, to be a law unto themselves and reject your spirit - your offer of salvation. Choice is sacred and you must respect it, they rejected your life. So...
fine let's follow your analogy,so let's assume I changed from being a human to being a dog,well before I would train any dog I would give it terms and conditions, "if I train you,you have to be of service to me",any dog that refuses my terms is free to remain the way it is,I would not put any under compulsion, but if any of them accepts the terms and later defaults,I would give it a punishment that is equatable to the offense committed
Now this is not exactly what we see with ur god,did I ever have any interaction with ur god to agree that I would worship him if he created me,and why is it even u a fallible human that is telling me about ur god,why can't ur god personally reveal himself to me in an unambiguous manner,what of other people telling me about their own god,why should I accept urs and reject theirs the same way u claim urs is right and theirs is wrong that is the same way they claim theirs is right and yours is wrong so what test do you suggest we use to find out who is right ?
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by shox: 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:

Why not?
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Amberon: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hey, Jesus Christ is my life and without him I am nothing. That is my belief and it is very very special to me and to all Christians world-wide. If whatever beliefs you hold dear isn't special to you then that's your problem but to say that Christianity is not special is folly if the highest order because not only is it special, it is what we would rather live and die for.

It is your level of comprehension which should be in doubt because no sensible human would keep losing sleep everyday for something they don't believe in. Judaism was the very first religion and no other religion in history claims to predate it. If any claims to do so then it mere words that cannot be backed by scientific, historical and archeological facts. Christianity doesn't claim to be the first religion even though Christians serve the same God as the Jews.

The Bible talks about other worlds and heavenly places and you claim our perception of the universe is minimal.
Nigga , I'm not your usual Christian you can bully with silly suppositions. Get enlightened or get left behind. If religion is 2000 years old does it mean God is 2000years old? Y'all steady bringing half baked nonsense as news.

realmindz:

There's nothing special about your religion, it's insignificance in the universe cannot be over emphasized...the universe is in billions of years old, the earth is over 4 billions years old. Different civilizations, religions and culture have evolved and gone in this very small proportion of the universe, Galaxy. The universe is far too big for your little beliefs.

Your religion which is just about 2000 years old wasn't the first, therefore it's time will go as well while the earth and universe remains. It takes a great mind to understand this because it is deep, but I doubt your level of comprehension. But you can help yourself first by trying to understand the complexity, enormousness of the world you live in, then you will appreciate the fact that there is no much to this life and the religion you so much hold dearly

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
shox:

Why not?

Good. Are you looking for meaning with an open mind?
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by realmindz: 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
Amberon:
Hey, Jesus Christ is my life and without him I am nothing. That is my belief and it is very very special to me and to all Christians world-wide. If whatever beliefs you hold dear isn't special to you then that's your problem but to say that Christianity is not special is folly if the highest order because not only is it special, it is what we would rather live and die for.

It is your level of comprehension which should be in doubt because no sensible human would keep losing sleep everyday for something they don't believe in. Judaism was the very first religion and no other religion in history claims to predate it. If any claims to do so then it mere words that cannot be backed by scientific, historical and archeological facts. Christianity doesn't claim to be the first religion even though Christians serve the same God as the Jews.

The Bible talks about other worlds and heavenly places and you claim our perception of the universe is minimal.
Nigga , I'm not your usual Christian you can bully with silly suppositions. Get enlightened or get left behind. If religion is 2000 years old does it mean God is 2000years old? Y'all steady bringing half baked nonsense as news.

So at what point did Yahweh your god realised Christianity was necessary.?
After billions of years, he decided to choose a galaxy out of billions of galaxy, then he chose a solar system out of billions of solar systems, then he chose planet earth, then he chose a tribe out of thousands of tribes, then he sent his only son there to start a way of life.
Like I said earlier, I will only be astonished if you could think deeper. But you are myopic, unintelligent and irrational as expected. Comprehending this is a task too big for you.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by shox: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jonra:

Good. Are you looking for meaning with an open mind?
We learn every day
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by shox: 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

I don't know how life started but that doesn't mean I should accept any useless account
Bro you're so on point kiss
I want make the guy land first
He Wan yarn me how someone caused life on earth
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Amberon: 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
That's like asking your father where he was all those years before meeting and marrying your mother. Or asking why Donald Trump only decided to run for presidency only recently. I'm not surprised at such shallow questions afterall what do you expect from shallow minds?

Look, endeavor to only mention me when you have things to discuss, otherwise look for some dumb newbie on the Christian section to bully. When or where God chose to present himself to humans is totally irrelevant and inconsequential to this topic of discussion and doesn't invalidate his "GOD" status. So also the whinings of brainless nairaland resident frustrated atheists do not invalidate nor reduce the divinity of God.

Now have a good day and stop mentioning me as I won't read nor reply you any further. Thanks.
realmindz:

So at what point did Yahweh your god realised Christianity was necessary.?
After billions of years, he decided to choose a galaxy out of billions of galaxy, then he chose a solar system out of billions of solar systems, then he chose planet earth, then he chose a tribe out of thousands of tribes, then he sent his only son there to start a way of life.
Like I said earlier, I will only be astonished if you could think deeper. But you are myopic, unintelligent and irrational as expected. Comprehending this is a task too big for you.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by alowonle02(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
bivanJohnaliuz:
nothing na . . D way animals died without making heaven nor hell is dsame tin dat gonna happen 2 our souls na.
U get it wrong, all creatures will be called upon and judgment will be given to them even to an ants.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
lightblazingnow:
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is CONDEMNED ALREADY, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Come to the terms and conditions, condemned in the justice of the creator. No one will say he wasn't given a fair hearing by the judge, Christ Jesus. We tell you the everlasting truth, there is faith, hope and unfailing love right now for all. You can believe now or chose not to. Don't forget that the pronouncement to unbelievers are Harsha judgements and condemnation. You shouldn't wish your enemies should go through such damnation.

We call you all to hear, please hear the voice of heaven pleading with you to be reconciled to God Almighty through his beloved son CHRIST JESUS.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
. Amen

Those who do not believe in Christ will remain on earth. This is because Jesus will coman collect the people who believe in him in a rapture, The Devil will also coman collect the people who believe in him in a rapture n finally WE, the ones that do not believe in Jesus Christ or Devil will stay behind n keep flexing...grin
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by realmindz: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Amberon:
That's like asking your father where he was all those years before meeting and marrying your mother. Or asking why Donald Trump only decided to run for presidency only recently. I'm not surprised at such shallow questions afterall what do you expect from shallow minds?

Look, endeavor to only mention me when you have things to discuss, otherwise look for some dumb newbie on the Christian section to bully. When or where God chose to present himself to humans is totally irrelevant and inconsequential to this topic of discussion and doesn't invalidate his "GOD" status. So also the whinings of brainless nairaland resident frustrated atheists do not invalidate nor reduce the divinity of God.

Now have a good day and stop mentioning me as I won't read nor reply you any further. Thanks.

Don't be offended, isn't it fun to make ridicule out of ridiculous claims. Take easy, son of the jews
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by realmindz: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
alowonle02:

U get it wrong, all creatures will be called upon and judgment will be given to them even to an ants.

And even ants that ate found wanting will be condemned to eternal torture
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

fine let's follow your analogy,so let's assume I changed from being a human to being a dog,well before I would train any dog I would give it terms and conditions, "if I train you,you have to be of service to me",any dog that refuses my terms is free to remain the way it is,I would not put any under compulsion, but if any of them accepts the terms and later defaults,I would give it a punishment that is equatable to the offense committed
Now this is not exactly what we see with ur god,did I ever have any interaction with ur god to agree that I would worship him if he created me,and why is it even u a fallible human that is telling me about ur god,why can't ur god personally reveal himself to me in an unambiguous manner,what of other people telling me about their own god,why should I accept urs and reject theirs the same way u claim urs is right and theirs is wrong that is the same way they claim theirs is right and yours is wrong so what test do you suggest we use to find out who is right ?

Ok. So it's clear you believe in creation. Regarding creation, it's fair to probe the intent - at the beginning Adam made to live in communion with God. Man defaulted and became corrupt, so sticking with our analogy, it's fair to say that all the dogs are bad and you have come to show a way for them to come back to commune with you. Outside of this grace, death upon the dogs...it's still their choice!

Who am I to tell of God who changed my heart. Who transformed Peter the coward into a fiery preacher that converted thousands on pentecost, who turned Saul the persecutor to Paul the apostle to the gentiles, Who transforms the hardest atheist hearts to hearts wholly devoted to worship and evangelism. Who died, resurrected and appeared to over 500 witnesses. The Bible is historically verified.

Now the Bible says, "Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all!"

Which leads to the argument for intelligent design. Or do you believe a dictionary is formed by an explosion at a printing press? Or that a tornado going through a junkyard can put together a fully functional Boeing 787 airplane?
The human eye is more complex than a dictionary and a Boeing jet.
It is a mathematical impossibility to believe in life evolving from nothing, given the conditions after the big bang. Proven by Roger Penrose at Oxford.

Now how do we know what is true? First is the question of Origin, then there's meaning, then there's morality and finally destiny. How does a religion answer these questions. And after the answers are given, is there a coherence of answers (no systemic or particular contradictions) and do those answers correspond to reality.

But most importantly is the life of the ones who proposed that way to God. Everyone but Christ says, follow this way to God. Christ Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the Life". The earthly life of Jesus was impeccable. Virtue is lovable when it is incarnated in a man.

So if Jesus Christ makes all these claims, I encourage you to find out why. I can help your discovery

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

Let's assume life is an effect as u say,and someone caused it and that someone happens to be god,u think the puzzle has been solved,I can as well claim that god is an effect that needs a cause so we would keep regressing infinitely, the problem with u pple is that u have very limited knowledge and you think you know everything,how about just settling for evidence,stop making useless theories without evidence,if u don't know something simple admit that u don't, I don't know how life started but that doesn't mean I should accept any useless account

Ok, let's settle for good and evil that you believe in.

For good to exist, there must be a law by which to judge these things. You can't posit a moral law without a moral law giver. Moral law isn't in the realm of reason.

Forgetting arguments or theories about origin or destiny. Let's just settle for a discourse on the meaning of your life and mine? On who this moral law giver is!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by lereinter(m): 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
Liveair:
With the number of christian believers in Nigeria, you would think Nigeria would be awesome and advanced by now. Mtchew! Grow up folks.

they plenty in buhari's govt
Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

Shall we subject ur own religion to test,because it seems u are good at judging other religions except urs,it is good you know that all religions can not be right at the same time and let me let you know that every religious group claims to be right,so you saying that Christianity stands out does not make any difference, a Muslim would say the same about his or her faith,same as a Buddhist

It's been tested for two millennia and still standing.

Bring it on!!!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ by Jonra(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
darkchild64:

Evidence that a spirit exists as u claim

I'll give you this evidence when you name the part of your DNA that tells right from wrong.

I'm assuming you aren't African?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Atheists Debate Religionists * / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.