Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) (77797 Views)

Which Prominent Igbo Politician Is Supporting Peter Obi? / Obidient Northern Muslim Donate Mats To Muslims(photos) / 10 Prominent Politicians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2018
Heh.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by roladex(f): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2018
Isokay
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Olukat(m): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2018
modsfucker:
Allahu Akbar

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by 12345baba(m): 8:22am On Sep 11, 2018
Prominent my ass.

3 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Naajjii: 8:22am On Sep 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:
In the event a Christian Northerner emerges as presidential candidate for PDP, a Muslim Southerner will be picked to be running mate. It is good to know that Ibo has muslims.

Chibuike Egbo wrote

The Igbo people of the south east region in Nigeria with over 30 million population, have over the years maintained claim of being purely Christian region, but there is a modest population of Muslim Igbos in the region.

As with tradition on Db, we bring you informative and Educative articles and in this particular post, we have compiled Names and little details of some prominent and influential Muslims of Igbo extraction.

Sheikh Abdullahi Adam Idoko:
He is the Chief imam of the University of Nigeria (UNN) Nsukka. Hails from Ogute Enugu-Ezike in Nsukka, Enugu State.
He is also the Deputy secretary-general of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).

2. Ustaz Christian Isah Okonkwo:
He is from Akpugo in Nkanu LGA, Enugu State, embraced Islam as a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). He was the president of Moslem Corpers Association in Kaduna State and the Moslem Corpers Association of Nigeria.
He was made the chief Imam of University of Ibadan in the 1980s.
He is currently the Director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)

3. Alhaji Abdulaziz Chibuzo Ude:
Hails from Anambra state.
He is described as a businessman, Industrialist, Billionaire and a Philanthropist.
He was an acting Chairman of the Board of Directors of NEWSWATCH in the 1980s.
He is the founder of Nok Publishers and first African editor at Double Day.

4. Alhaji Daud Onyeagocha:
He is from Imo state, a human right lawyer.
He is the Chief Imam of Imo State and the Waziri Hausawa. His grandfather was said to be the first recorded Owerri man to embrace Islam in 1908.

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi State.
He is a Muslim from birth and the son of late Sheikh Ibrahim Okpani Nwagui, the founder of the Islamic Center, Afikpo who brought Islam to Afipko in 1958.

6. HRH Dr. Abdulfatai Emetumah:
He is the Igwe(Traditional ruler) of Umuofor Kingdom, Oguta LGA , Of Imo state. He is described as an Islamic scholar.
His father, Eze Alhaji Abdul Gaffaru (Ezeodo, Eze Ohazurukwe I of Akabor) is said to have converted to Islam during the war and thereafter brought it to his home town.

7. Sheikh Shehu Uthman Anaga:
Hails from Ebonyi state. Became a Muslim at the age of 13 in 1972. He has worked with JNI as a Preacher. He holds a BA in Islamic Studies from the King Sa'ud University in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
He was the vice principal and later principal of of Jama'atu Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies. He was the provost of the Jama'atu College of Education, Kaduna. He has completed his Masters and is pursuing his PHD.

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:
He is from Ezeagu LGA in Enugu State. An Imam at Al-Hauda Muslim School. He was the presidential Candidate of the African Renaissance Party (ARP).

9. Ustaz Aminu Igwebe Odera:
He is from Orlu in Imo state. Converted to Islam at the age of 12 in the 1970s. Studied Islamic studies and later Food science technology in Tripoli University Libya.
He was the chief Imam of Owerri. He was appointed the director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) in 2000. His maternal uncle, Late Muhammad Ukaba was the chief imam of Orlu Local Government.

10. Chief Abdulkadir A Obiahu:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi state. He is an Engineer by Training, in 2007 he was conferred the Chieftaincy title of 'Onye Nchekwa Okwukwe Ala kuba Na Ala Igbo' (The Defender of the Islamic Faith in Igbo land) by His Royal Highness, Eze Nwosu Ibe, the Ezeigbo I of Abuja. He converted to Islam in 1982.

Are there names you think should be on this list? Leave a Comment!

http://dagreensblog..com/2017/10/check-out-10-prominentinfluential-igbo.html?m=1

The bolded na Igala or Idoma .

4 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by LarryBee1k: 8:23am On Sep 11, 2018
If you have nothing good to say. Just keep quiet. Silence is better than hateful words.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by modsfucker: 8:23am On Sep 11, 2018
Olukat:

Booooooooooom

Osheprepre
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Mahsums: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2018
Fake jews won't lyk it oooo

4 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by ollah2: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2018
EzeOnyembo:
And the number 2 also has CHRISTIAN as his middle name cheesy what a confusion..

It's unfortunate that the cave you live in onitsha won't let your brain function well. There are Yorubas and Hausas with Muslim names who are Christians but the hate and bigotry in you won't let your brain function well

9 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2018
teflonjake:
PLEASE LET'S DROP ALL THESE RELIGIOUS RUBBISH.

CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM I DONT CARE ALL I NEED IS GOOD LEADERSHIP, SOMEONE WHO IS VAST IN GOVERNANCE.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by DateMynd44(m): 8:27am On Sep 11, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

My dear yoruba muslim brother, as a yoruba muslim na Agbo and human parts I dey sell.
Issa our work o. grin
I no say I go see u here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by maestroferdi: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2018
There is nothing like an Igbo Muslim... They are just after the money available.

Islam and Igboness are mutually exclusive...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2018
Political Muslims

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Hopebringer: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2018
Nairalanders religion will take you no where , knowledge of God the Father will. Be you Muslim or Christian, the label does not matter as much as the life you lead.

Strive to be an example in any circle you find yourselves

Live and let live , this should be your watch word

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by gidado14(m): 8:28am On Sep 11, 2018
miracood:
wats there to be proud about<:
nothing why does it disturb u na if there is nothing sote u comment?
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2018
modsfucker:
Flat heads(aka developers) right now

hahahaha....what they wan do now....??....deny this type of igbos their identities...??

kiikikiki....

ipobians are morooons....

3 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by lekkan(m): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2018
The most childish platform in this Nigeria is NAIRALAND!!!!! At times i wonder if the mods are going through the comments at all, or do they think people spilling rubbish all in the name of comment is FREEDOM OF SPEECH??

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by FiftyFifty(m): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2018
Masha Allah. This is quite interesting. More Muslims to the Ibos.

5 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Baroba(m): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2018
Correction,Number 3, Abdul Aziz Ude is from Abor in Ụdị locally government Enugu state, he is not from Anambra..

Nothing wrong with been Moslem if you are not the child marrying, violence prone type..Na those one's we don't want.

9 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2018
To the Hausa muslims these guys are still considered infidels

3 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by mystiquerebirth(m): 8:32am On Sep 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by jibs4lv(m): 8:32am On Sep 11, 2018
Kingspin:
Islam; is either they are buying religion or killing innocent people or conquering territories forcefully.

Occultic operation.
either you like it or not, Islam is the only true religion . So do the needful today cox tommorow may be too late for you my brother .

https://www.nairaland.com/4725592/china-shuts-down-christian-churches

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by yazzman(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2018
eosigwe:
Igbo man doesn't venture into anything unprofitable.
you're on point we are deceptor all for the ego. ..

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by jibs4lv(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2018
Kingspin:
Islam; is either they are buying religion or killing innocent people or conquering territories forcefully.

Occultic operation.
either you like it or not, Islam is the only true religion . So do the needful today cox tommorow may be too late for you my brother .... SALAM

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by encryptjay(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2018
Don't know why it sounded funny seeing Sheikh, Ustaz and Alhaji being added to Igbo names.

Sheikh Nwagui
Ustaz Okonkwo

Kikikiki grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2018
Let's not kid anybody, in 1000 years from now Igbo land will still not embrace Islam.

Out of 5 million igbos you'll struggle to find one Muslim. That is if you find any.

P.s I'm Yoruba

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by FirstCounsel(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2018
Baroba:
Correction,Number 3, Abdul Aziz Ude is from Abor in Ụdị locally government Enugu state, he is not from Anambra..

Nothing wrong with been Moslem if you are not the child marrying, violence prone type..Na those one's we don't want.

Yes you're right. I was going to point that out. Alhaji Abdulaziz Ude is from Enugu State. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:36am On Sep 11, 2018
xtervaganza:
Let's not kid anybody, in 1000 years from now Igbo land will still not embrace Islam.

Out of 5 million igbos you'll struggle to find one Muslim. That is if you find any.

P.s I'm Yoruba

keep dreaming of igboness...

it has already started....
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2018
jibs4lv:
either you like it or not, Islam is the only true religion . So do the needful today cox tommorow may be too late for you my brother .... SALAM

tomorrow may be too late? Typical of Muslims to always make a threat.

You swine should be more worried about clearing the mess and shame of your religion in boko haram and Isis b4 looking for new converts

Disgraceful lots

6 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by klax(m): 8:37am On Sep 11, 2018
Hahahahaha kikikikiki can't stop laughing and we want biafra Too funny with these ugly heads it can never happen.

I read their names it sound so akward as they look. They look awkward and bear awkward names, very weird.

Time to go now it's office time. Talk to you guys later.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Sarkin: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
grin grin grin grin

This guy na notorious liar and fabricator of lies on NL. Na so he dey do dem come give am ban till 2023 grin
You're obviously the one on ban. That's why you're using this your side account to constitute nuisance here.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2018
i knew their were igbo muslims many years ago....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / Bandits Attack President Buhari's Convoy In Katsina, Two Injured / Boko Haram Distributes Ramadan Packages, Cash To Borno, Yobe Residents (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.