Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) (77818 Views)

Which Prominent Igbo Politician Is Supporting Peter Obi? / Obidient Northern Muslim Donate Mats To Muslims(photos) / 10 Prominent Politicians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2018
alabi484:

Olodo ni e sha

Must everyone be an ipob yoot?
O dun sha, oya tell me na grin
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by BininKingdom: 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
[s][/s]
Kennydoc:

I said they MAY just be about 1-2%. There's a significant population of Muslims in Afikpo area and many parts of Ebonyi. Let's not also forget Imo State.
If there are 40 million Igbos, 1% will be 400,000. It's not a terrible estimate.
[/s]

IT'S TERRIBLE ESTIMATE! TAKE YOUR LIES TO ANOTHER PLACE, EVERYTHING MUST NOT START WITH 1%
IF THE POPULATION OF IGBO MUSLIM IS UP TO 1% THAT MEANS YOU CAN SEE IGBO MUSLIMS ANYWHERE NORMALLY,
I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN IGBO MUSLIM BEFORE, EXCEPT NEWS LIKE THIS.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
DonMekino:
Alh Abdulazis Chibuzor Udeh is from Enugu state....i think from UDI LGA.....
BTW will the killers in the north spare them during religious crisis A story was told of how a Yoruba Muslim was killed by these Hausa/Fulani Muslim during one of the religious crisis in Kano....they felt he was not a true Muslim... The only respect accorded him was that when they entered his house, he was praying and they allowed him to finish d prayers before slaughtering him in cold blood.
Say NO to religious crisis in Nigeria!!!!!
Ipob yoot, no one is talking about killing here. When Yorubas killed Hausas in Lagos and Sagamu, do you know the Hausas didn't retaliate? The north of the today is different from that of the 60s where people go savage under small provocations. Though, they still have a long way to go, but they aren't like before who always want war.

Anyways, face the topic. It's God we worship not Hausa, Arab, Turk, Yoruba or Fulani.

Igbo Muslims Amaka

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
CSTR1005:
If you are only able to get 10 prominent igbo Muslim, then it means islam is non existent.

BTW, why should a Yoruba man be interested in propagating Islam in igboland?
That's the title of the thread, 10 and it shouldn't be more than 10. And Islam isn't non-existent, I've met Igbo Muslims, I can even give you connect for 5 if you're ready.

Igbo Muslims Amaka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
BininKingdom:
[/s]

IT'S TERRIBLE ESTIMATE! TAKE YOUR LIES TO ANOTHER PLACE, EVERYTHING MUST NOT START WITH 1%
IF THE POPULATION OF IGBO MUSLIM IS UP TO 1% THAT MEANS YOU CAN SEE IGBO MUSLIMS ANYWHERE NORMALLY,

What kind of analogy is this? Have you seen a Chinese jew? Have you an Irish Muslim? Have you seen an ethnic German Muslim? Have you ever met any Latino Muslim? Does that mean they don't exist?

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by ChampagnePapiii(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

IPOB, Yoruba boyz favorite word grin grin

Lol .........this is not my handwriting o
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by BininKingdom: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
[s]
Demmzy15:
What kind of analogy is this? Have you seen a Chinese jew? Have you an Irish Muslim? Have you seen an ethnic German Muslim? Have you ever met any Latino Muslim? Does that mean they don't exist?
[/s]

MUMU!
I HAVE NOT BEEN TO CHINA, IRELAND, GERMANY, AMERICA BEFORE SO WHY DIVERT THIS BY ASKING ME FOOLISH QUESTION?
WE ARE TALKING OF IGBO LAND/NIGERIA WHERE I GREW UP,
YOU STAY IN OGUN STATE AND TRYING TO LIE TO PERSON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN HIS BACKYARD.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Only a Mutula won't believe there are Igbo people that are Muslims. Based on research done by a lecturer of University of Nigeria, Nssuka; Islam was the first strange religion that entered Nssuka before christianity.

I know few Igbo muslims which my mother's friend is one of them. The Eze Abdulfatah Emetuma I know his wife, she is also a muslim and also a lecturer in one higher institution in South-east. Their children are all muslims, even one married an Igbo muslim lady.
There some Igbo muslims that never practiced christianity in their lives courtesy of their grandfathers that accepted Islam more than half a century ago.

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by totit: 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
Demmzy15:
Ipob yoot, no one is talking about killing here. When Yorubas killed Hausas in Lagos and Sagamu, do you know the Hausas didn't retaliate? The north of the today is different from that of the 60s where people go savage under small provocations. Though, they still have a long way to go, but they aren't like before who always want war.

Anyways, face the topic. It's God we worship not Hausa, Arab, Turk, Yoruba or Fulani.

Igbo Muslims Amaka

grin
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by pacificom: 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
teflonjake:
PLEASE LET'S DROP ALL THESE RELIGIOUS RUBBISH.

CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM I DONT CARE ALL I NEED IS GOOD LEADERSHIP, SOMEONE WHO IS VAST IN GOVERNANCE.

Religion is just a pathway we all choosed to have an interpersonal relationship with our creator. Therefore our ethnic background has no sway over the way we suppose to meet our creator.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by MayorofLagos(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
Demmzy15:
That's the title of the thread, 10 and it shouldn't be more than 10. And Islam isn't non-existent, I've met Igbo Muslims, I can even give you connect for 5 if you're ready.

Igbo Muslims Amaka

grin grin
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Fariq: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Demmzy15:

Igbo Muslims Amaka

He is even lying. He was allowed to pray and then killed. Foolish lie.

How many Christians have we house during 2011 crises not to talk of fellow Muslim. I don't want to go in to story here but if you're interested on how the event unfold we can go private.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by CSTR1005: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
Demmzy15:

Igbo Muslims Amaka
Keep deceiving yourself.

Go to your street and see if you will find an igbo Muslim.

That is the test of prevalence.

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by CSTR1005: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Only a Mutula won't believe there are Igbo people that are Muslims. Based on research done by a lecturer of University of Nigeria, Nssuka; Islam was the first strange religion that entered Nssuka before christianity.

I know few Igbo muslims which my mother's friend is one of them. The Eze Abdulfatah Emetuma I know his wife, she is also a muslim and also a lecturer in one higher institution in South-east. Their children are all muslims, even one married an Igbo muslim lady.
There some Igbo muslims that never practiced christianity in their lives courtesy of their grandfathers that accepted Islam more than half a century ago.
Nobody is doubting the fact that there are igbo muslims.
We are in Africa after -all. And it would be very difficult for that pernicious religion not to penetrate.

But their numbers are insignificant to be a factor. That is the good thing.

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by DonMekino(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Demmzy15:

Igbo Muslims Amaka
Keep quiet biko....na talk dey bring talk
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by universe123: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

stop lying here,Am from nsukka and Christianity was the first..I never in my life seen an nsukka person who is a Muslim..most nsukka people are Catholic followed by Anglican..if Islam was the first in Nsukkamosques would HV been everywhere in Nsukka infact the only mosque in the whole Nsukka is the small one in UNN and the mosque is there for Muslims from the north and west..stop typing lies in the internet in order to get likes..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by abdulsemiu02(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
whenever there's a Muslim or Islamic related post on Nairaland, in the comments below, I see insults or curses from probably Christian Nairalanders, but if it's to be a Christianic related post, not even single insult is noticed in the comment.

It seems we (Muslims) are more cultured and respect fellow beings irrespective of thier religion.

No offence please.

I know they'll still come for my head with this, but guess what? No Bleep will be given, in shaa Allah. #grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by thambolo(m): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
chiagozien:
Why yellowbars muslims always try to associate igbos to their terrorist religion.

Show me an igbo man that is a muslim then i will show you a neat yoruba woman.

I’m Igbo. Pete Edochie’s brother (Igbo man too) is a Moslem. We call him Uncle Alhaji

But...
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by MayorofLagos(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
abdulsemiu02:
whenever there's a Muslim or Islamic related post on Nairaland, in the comments below, I see insults or curses from probably Christian Nairalanders, but if it's to be a Christianic related post, not even single insult is noticed in the comment.

It seems we (Muslims) are more cultured and respect fellow beings irrespective of thier religion.

No offence please.

I know they'll still come for my head with this, but guess what? No Bleep will be given, in shaa Allah. #grin

Your observation is correct, but the insult you noticed is also ethnic and only to IboChristians. You will never hear Yoruba, muslim or christian deride or belittle anyone's religion or culture, whatever it is.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
universe123:
stop lying here,Am from nsukka and Christianity was the first..I never in my life seen an nsukka person who is a Muslim..most nsukka people are Catholic followed by Anglican..if Islam was the first in Nsukkamosques would HV been everywhere in Nsukka infact the only mosque in the whole Nsukka is the small one in UNN and the mosque is there for Muslims from the north and west..stop typing lies in the internet in order to get likes..
Lies right.... Please, read an excerpt from this article and go through the link. Nssuka people were the first to embrace Islam in the SE, thanks to their northern neigbours. A religion entering a city or a town or country doesn't mean it will be the dominant e.g Turkey and Syria or Najran (a province in present day Saudi Arabia where Christianity was more dominant. Even during the time of Prophet Muhammed,peace be upon him many of them still practiced Christianity under the leadership of the Muslims Khalifa)where Islam came after Christianity after many centuries.

ISLAM IN IGBOLAND – BETWEEN “PHOBIA” AND REALITY (PART1)
REALITY -

The advent of Islam in Igboland was probably during the mid-nineteen century C.E. or even sometimes prior to that period. The Igala and Idoma people with whom the Igbo share border had cultural influence on the people of Nsuka who are considered as pioneer adherents of Islamic faith among the Igbo. The impact of Islam could not be felt among the Igbo until towards the end of the nineteen century. By the beginning of the twenty first century, a large number of Igbo around Nsuka began to embrace Islam. Before the establishment of the British colonial rule in Igboland, Muslim traders who came to the area won converts for Islam. Those traders include the Hausa, Fulani, Nupe people, and some Yoruba Muslims especially from Ilorin that joined the crusade later. During the British rule, most of the labourers used in road construction and as warrant officers assigned to look after some of the places around Nsuka were Muslims from Nupe and Hausa lands and they assisted the traders in disseminating of Islamic faith.

http://daudaayanda..com/2015/02/islam-in-igboland-between-phobia-and.html
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
CSTR1005:

Nobody is doubting the fact that there are igbo muslims.
We are in Africa after -all. And it would be very difficult for that pernicious religion not to penetrate.

But their numbers are insignificant to be a factor. That is the good thing.
Thanks for knowing that, but most strange religion started as a minority before they become the majority. Anything can still happen, it might not be now, it might be many years to come.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by MayorofLagos(m): 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Lies right.... Please, read an excerpt from this article and go through the link. Nssuka people were the first to embrace Islam in the SE, thanks to their northern neigbours. A religion entering a city or a town or country doesn't mean it will be the dominant e.g Turkey and Syria or Najran (a province in present day Saudi Arabia where Christianity was more dominant. Even during the time of Prophet Muhammed,peace be upon him many of them still practiced Christianity under the leadership of the Muslims Khalifa)where Islam came after Christianity after many centuries.

REALITY -

The advent of Islam in Igboland was probably during the mid-nineteen century C.E. or even sometimes prior to that period. The Igala and Idoma people with whom the Igbo share border had cultural influence on the people of Nsuka who are considered as pioneer adherents of Islamic faith among the Igbo. The impact of Islam could not be felt among the Igbo until towards the end of the nineteen century. By the beginning of the twenty first century, a large number of Igbo around Nsuka began to embrace Islam. Before the establishment of the British colonial rule in Igboland, Muslim traders who came to the area won converts for Islam. Those traders include the Hausa, Fulani, Nupe people, and some Yoruba Muslims especially from Ilorin that joined the crusade later. During the British rule, most of the labourers used in road construction and as warrant officers assigned to look after some of the places around Nsuka were Muslims from Nupe and Hausa lands and they assisted the traders in disseminating of Islamic faith.

You want to make Ibo have sleepless night. You are telling him Afonja was among those who brought him Islam. You wickedt! grin
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by CSTR1005: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Thanks for knowing that, but most strange religion started as a minority before they become the majority. Anything can still happen, it might not be now, it might be many years to come.
I doubt it. The anti Islamic stance is too strong.

It will take an usman Dan fodio like coercion to cause that kind of radical change, which is not possible.

If anything, I think Zionism is on the rise.

There is nothing attractive about Islam to the average Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
eosigwe:
Igbo man doesn't venture into anything unprofitable.

Reminds me of their Jewish leader lost and forgotten after the python dance.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:

You want to make Ibo have sleepless night. You are telling him Afonja was among those who brought him Islam. You wickedt! grin
Let them have it, I don't just like where people do claim one religion cannot exists in their region. The christianity they do claim that is their religion, it was a strange religion before their grandfathers accepted it.
I did it in in history of education how christian missionaries don't want to admit pupils to schools if they don't give up their religion(be it African traditional religion or Islamic religion). Thanks to Henry Carr that stood against the christian missionaries that religion must not be mixed with education.

I don't have any problem with christians because, I have them in my family even though their population is lesser than we muslims, but there is a peaceful co-existence among us. Many Igbo christans should learn how to tolerate other religions.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
CSTR1005:

I doubt it. The anti Islamic stance is too strong.

It will take an usman Dan fodio like coercion to cause that kind of radical change, which is not possible.

If anything, I think Zionism is on the rise.

There is nothing attractive about Islam to the average Igbo man.

Only time we tell whether Islam will rise up in Igboland. Just like the Europeans/Americans believed no religion could rival Islam, now we can see how Islam is rising in the western Europe and America. Islam spread through Malaysia and Indonesia without any spill of blood, but through knowledge and the power of pen.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by totit: 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
MayorofLagos:

Your observation is correct, but the insult you noticed is also ethnic and only to IboChristians. You will never hear Yoruba, muslim or christian deride or belittle anyone's religion or culture, whatever it is.

IBOmuslims are actually harmless but the ibochristians are cruel by nature and full of hate. shocked

1 Like

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by universe123: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

REALITY -

You are not from Nsukka oga,even your source is a joke written by a blogger who is a Northerner..I still repeat Nsukka people were never Muslims in the first place reason why there is no mosque in the entire local govt apart from the small one in UNN..Stop posting what you know nothing about..If anybody chooses to be Muslim or christian that's the person personal business, people most times convert to other religion for personal reasons.Most villages in Nsukka are filled with churches,you can never find mosque in any village in Nsukka..If Nsukka people were first Muslims,the evidence would have been there in the first place.There would have been large Muslim population and mosque in the whole Nsukka..

2 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
BininKingdom:
[/s]

Bros, 1% is one out of every 100. That's not a massive figure. Maybe in most parts of Anambra, they are 0% but I can bet you that they are very numerous in Ebonyi State. Of course, I have attended to an Igbo Muslim girl before in Asaba. She is from Ebonyi and was schooling at Nkpor. When she told me she was Muslim, I thought it was a joke but she meant it. That was in 2012. I have heard about the massive Islamic Centre at Afikpo before. They have a school and I think they give free Education and through that are drawing many children and their families into Islam. Muslims are making inroads into Ebonyi State but most Igbos are comfortable in Anambra, Enugu, Abia and Imo thinking there's no big deal.
Please, don't get it twisted. I'm not a Muslim.
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by CSTR1005: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Only time we tell whether Islam will rise up in Igboland. Just like the Europeans/Americans believed no religion could rival Islam, now we can see how Islam is rising in the western Europe and America. Islam spread through Malaysia and Indonesia without any spill of blood, but through knowledge and the power of pen.
But the native western Europeans are not becoming Muslim.
If anything, they are becoming more atheist.

It is immigration from Arabic countries that fuel the growth of Islam in the west.
And these Immigrants reproduce like rats.

The real European citizens are becoming less religious.

And just like the south east, they have an aversion for Islam.

4 Likes

Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
universe123:
You are not from Nsukka oga,even your source is a joke written by a blogger who is a Northerner..I still repeat Nsukka people were never Muslims in the first place reason why there is no mosque in the entire local govt apart from the small one in UNN..Stop posting what you know nothing about..If anybody chooses to be Muslim or christian that's the person personal business, people most times convert to other religion for personal reasons.Most villages in Nsukka are filled with churches,you can never find mosque in any village in Nsukka..If Nsukka people were first Muslims,the evidence would have been there in the first place.There would have been large Muslim population and mosque in the whole Nsukka..

Ugwuanyi commends Nsukka Muslims for peaceful co-existence
— 18th April 2018
Felix Ikem, Nsukka

Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has commended Nsukka Muslim community for peaceful co-existence with their neighbours and host community.

Ugwuanyi gave the commendation in Nsukka, yesterday, during the installation of Alhaji Sani Ugwuanyi, the Imam of Nsukka Central Mosque, as the leader of Nsukka Muslim community.

“Enugu State government is happy with the Nsukka Muslim community for the peaceful co-existence with their neighbours, irrespective of tribe and religious affiliations.

“Members of Nsukka Muslim community have, by their good conduct, shown that they are God-fearing, patriotic and detribalised Nigerians,” he said.

The governor, who was represented by his Senior Special Assistant on Market Affairs, Chief Aniegbulam Ezeugwu, reiterated that he is the father of all in Enugu State, irrespective of tribe, religion or political party affiliation.

He said the state government will continue to ensure adequate security, justice as well as peace among residents in the state.

He congratulated the newly installed muslim leader in Nsukka, and urged him to continue to do those things that made the people elect him as their leader.

In his remarks, the traditional ruler of Nkpunano community, Igwe Patrick Okoro, commended muslims for their peaceful nature and good neighbourliness since they started living in Nsukka.

Speaking shortly after his installation as the leader of Nsukka Muslim community, Ugwuanyi thanked the community for the confidence reposed in him.

Meanwhile, women in the state, under the auspices of United Enugu Women for Gburugburu, a socio-political organisation for the promotion of peace and good governance in the state, yesterday organised “a solidarity march” in support of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s re-election in 2019.

The women said they support Governor Ugwuanyi’s re-election because he has performed creditably in office and positively touched the lives of the people of the 17 local government areas in the state, despite prevailing economic challenges in the country.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ugwuanyi-commends-nsukka-muslims-for-peaceful-co-existence/

The muslims Governor Uguwanyi commended are from Hausaland and yorubaland abi. Keep lying. I know a person that served in Enugu 15 years ago, he told me how he felt relaxed anytime he visited Nssuka as a muslim.

Even with your last comment shows your hatred for Muslims and Northerners. Just because a blogger called Dauda Ayanda a muslim from Yorubaland wrote about Islam in igboland you called a "joke". The blogger even gave references for further studies. Mr. man do research and stop carrying lies all about. You said; "there is no mosque at Nssuka (only in UNN)" meanwhile, the community has an Imam that is an Igbo Muslim. Ma tan ra e (keep deceiving yourself).
Re: Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) by universe123: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Ugwuanyi commends Nsukka Muslims for peaceful co-existence
— 18th April 2018
Felix Ikem, Nsukka

Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has commended Nsukka Muslim community for peaceful co-existence with their neighbours and host community.

Ugwuanyi gave the commendation in Nsukka, yesterday, during the installation of Alhaji Sani Ugwuanyi, the Imam of Nsukka Central Mosque, as the leader of Nsukka Muslim community.

“Enugu State government is happy with the Nsukka Muslim community for the peaceful co-existence with their neighbours, irrespective of tribe and religious affiliations.

“Members of Nsukka Muslim community have, by their good conduct, shown that they are God-fearing, patriotic and detribalised Nigerians,” he said.

The governor, who was represented by his Senior Special Assistant on Market Affairs, Chief Aniegbulam Ezeugwu, reiterated that he is the father of all in Enugu State, irrespective of tribe, religion or political party affiliation.

He said the state government will continue to ensure adequate security, justice as well as peace among residents in the state.

He congratulated the newly installed muslim leader in Nsukka, and urged him to continue to do those things that made the people elect him as their leader.

In his remarks, the traditional ruler of Nkpunano community, Igwe Patrick Okoro, commended muslims for their peaceful nature and good neighbourliness since they started living in Nsukka.

Speaking shortly after his installation as the leader of Nsukka Muslim community, Ugwuanyi thanked the community for the confidence reposed in him.

Meanwhile, women in the state, under the auspices of United Enugu Women for Gburugburu, a socio-political organisation for the promotion of peace and good governance in the state, yesterday organised “a solidarity march” in support of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s re-election in 2019.

The women said they support Governor Ugwuanyi’s re-election because he has performed creditably in office and positively touched the lives of the people of the 17 local government areas in the state, despite prevailing economic challenges in the country.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ugwuanyi-commends-nsukka-muslims-for-peaceful-co-existence/

The muslims Governor Uguwanyi commended are from Hausaland and yorubaland abi. Keep lying. I know a person that served in Enugu 15 years ago, he told me how he felt relaxed anytime he visited Nssuka as a muslim.

Even with your last comment shows your hatred for Muslims and Northerners. Just because a blogger called Dauda Ayanda a muslim from Yorubaland wrote about Islam in igboland you called a "joke". The blogger even gave references for further studies. Mr. man do research and stop carrying lies all about. He said, there is no mosque at Nssuka (only in UNN) meanwhile, the community has an Imam that is an Igbo mudlim. Ma tan ra e (keep deceiving yourself).
Lol..I can see you lack comprehension skills..read what you just posted again...So Muslim communities in Nsukka to you means native of Nsukka ..read the bolded very well oga and stop typing nonsense..In the North we have Igbo communities does that mean that those igbos are native of those places.. As for the imam, he is free to practice what ever religion he likes,nobody threatens or kill you in any part of igbo land for your religion as longer you don't constitute a nusiance to the community..And look up for the imam on google,he is not from Nsukka but from enugu ezike in igbo-eze north local govt..Out of all the 18 towns in Nsukka local govt, there is virtually no native Muslims..You can't know my place more than me. Stop typing what you know nothing about.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ISIS Releases Video Of 12-year-old Terrorist Executing Two Nigerian Soldiers / President Buhari Leaves Mosque Without Convoy Or Sirens / Everything You Didn't Notice In Buhari's Latest Photos - Ynaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.