Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers (14757 Views)

Sowore Tells FG To Pay Workers Between N100k-N250k / Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / Nationwide Strike: You Must Be At Work From Monday, FG Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Swiftboy(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Arkayn:

You are quite silly. What is a 100,000k? A 100,000k is nothing. If the economy of this country is truly unleashed and not stifled like it was under Buhari, you will see that 100,000k is chicken change!
let's do the maths 100,000 is only $278...chai.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
Swiftboy:
I read foolish sentiments from these youths and I cry. They want good governance, yet they are getting angry at Sowore.
So how can they see whith their eyes close. The question I will ask Boda Sowore is how is he going to fulfill these promises without causing inflation? No, they will not ask... Meanwhile, truth is 18,500 naira minimum wage is way too small because of the inflation. In the last election, they voted in Buhari without asking question, nor they are rejecting Sowore without asking question. Confuse lots. As for me,
I stand with #takeitback #Sowore

True. Sowore has challenged other aspirants to a debate. When that news was posted on Nairaland they mocked and insulted and cursed him while professing undying love to Buhari and Saraki and Atiku and co.

I had to ask myself, what manner of human beings are these Nigerian youths anyway? They appear to be a very different species of human beings.

If I was Sowore I'd just take r next flight back to NewYork city where I live and steer clear of Nigeria's matter.

I can't come and die for some useless youths.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
yinkeys:

Yes because a senator takes home 40 million plus monthly

The Senators are not entitled to N40M.

But given your argument, if they are making N40M now what's then stopping N100K to be the minimum wages today?
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ioannes:

True. Sowore has challenged other aspirants to a debate. When that news was posted on Nairaland they mocked and insulted and cursed him while professing undying love to Buhari and Saraki and Atiku and co.

I had to ask myself, what manner of human beings are these Nigerian youths anyway? They appear to be a very different species of human beings.

If I was Sowore I'd just take r next flight back to NewYork city where I live and steer clear of Nigeria's matter.

Some of the online Nigerian youths are simply paid canvasing online political thugs and schemers.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

I don't know for others, but I'm sensible enough to know that Nigeria does not have the kind of money needed to make such bogus remuneration and perks.

The problem with Sowore is that he missed economics classes during secondary school.

Too bad.

Really?

But Nigeria has the money to pay its senators and reps such bogus allowances every month.

Do a research on how much each senator takes home every month.

Then calculate how much each ex-governor is paid as pension for serving their states for a maximum 8 years.

Add that to the amount the senators pad the budget with every year since 1999.

Add that to the amount civil servants steal everyday.

Add that to the amount the federal government has wasted in the past paying off terrorists like the Niger Delta thugs in amnesty, Boko Haram etc.

Add that to the amount politicians steal when they pad budgets for projects across the federation and get kick-backs from contractors at the expense of the citizens.

Add that to the amount they just plain steal by ordering billions of dollars from the Central Bank of Nigeria and keep in overseas accounts for themselves and family.

Are you aware that former president Goodluck Jonathan fired a central bank governor, Lamido Sanusi for blowing the whistle that 20 billion DOLLARS majestically walked out of the nation's apex bank?

Are you aware that the billions of dollars that Abacha (who ruled between 1993-1997) stole is still being recovered in the various overseas banks that he stored them in 20 fvcking years later?

Are you aware of how much each state governor collects as security vote which by law they are not required to disclose how they spend it?

Do you know how much was budgeted for feeding in a year for Aso Villa, the Presidential abode? Despite the fact that these same people are paid obscenely every month they are still not expected to feed themselves and their families. We bear the cost.

Do you know how much each of the presidential plane in the fleet is maintained for?

Are you aware that the president and other elected leaders use state money for foreign medical treatment? Same treatment you and I can not afford.

Are you aware that between 1999 and 2007 former President Obasanjo released 16billion dollars for the sole purpose of fixing electricity generation and distribution in Nigeria and 10 years later Nigeria is still grappling with epileptic power supply that has gotten even worse than it was in the military rule?

Take a pause bro and contemplate. 16 BILLION DOLLARS.

So tell me again how Nigeria is so poor that it can't afford to raise the minimum wage of its citizens from a paltry 18,500 Naira, less than 100 dollars to a LIVING WAGE despite yearly increase in foodstuff prices and fuel prices?

Nigerians are used to suffering so much that they have started falling in love with their sufferings.

Nigerian leaders make leading the country look so difficult that anybody who comes up with a simple and effective way to run the country is laughed to scorn.

Such a big pity.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Some of the online Nigerian youths are simply paid canvasing online political thugs and schemers.

I agree. Those ones have sold their consciences for a plate of fufu and efo riro.

What I don't get is why majority of Nairalanders who are mostly unemployed are not shutting these people down whenever they come to support one failed politician or the other.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Sleekfingers: 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nice. But believe Nigerian politicians at your own risk....
Who know this guy. He need to work on his popularity..

Did he expect the northerners to vote for him. That's a big NO.

Even the southeast and south south won't either.
Then who is he fooling?

My advice to him is to keep contesting, build his network etc
since he is still young. There is a better chance for him in the future ..
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
Unfortunately, you didn't make any sense. Not like Sowore made one either. He didn't mention of how he'd diversify the economy, no! Rather, he mentioned of how a state whose leadership is from his party will be made to implement the proposed minimum wage. So assuming the leadership in Plateau state is his party, how does he intend cajoling them to pay civil servants #100K?

Additionally, does he know that Nigeria is not as rich as he thinks? Or because we produce less than 3 million barrels of crude oil, then he assumes we're rich? He hinges the possibility of paying such amount of money on crude oil sales, what happens when the price falls? We run to China, World Bank, IMF etc. because we want to pay civil servants/corp members 100K? What else does Nigeria produce that can ensure we affording such amount annually? How come he doesn't talk about strengthening the economy, invariably, strengthening the currency but whines of how he will pay 100K? What about the resultant inflationary crises amounting from such ridiculous program?

Finally, who taught him economics in secondary school? He needs to ask for a refund.

Cc: Loannes, Arkayn, Swiftboy and Ajl. Kindly tell Sowore that increasing wages is not the panacea to Nigeria's economic woes. A certain Udoka or whatever his name was did same and then came SAP.

I am not responsible for Sowore's lack of simple economics knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ioannes:

I agree. Those ones have sold their consciences for a plate of fufu and efo riro.

What I don't get is why majority of Nairalanders who are mostly unemployed are not shutting these people down whenever they come to support one failed politician or the other.

I have some ideas on prudent answer to your question.

It is my opinion that cheap android phones and data is handed to touts and averaged educated youths to come on social media to do political battle. Basically they are using iTel phone instead of machete.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by gracedarwin08: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Sowore at it again must you also follow the part buhari followed if those are the promises you have for us abeg keep it to yourself because kole-werk, Buhari promised us 50,000 minimum wages in 2015 till today we have not even see 30,000 minimum wage. say something abeg.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I have some ideas on prudent answer to your question.

It is my opinion that cheap android phones and data is handed to touts and averaged educated youths to come on social media to do political battle. Basically they are using iTel phone instead of machete.

Well then it is our duty to make them see the error and futility of their ways.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ioannes:

Really?

But Nigeria has the money to pay its senators and reps such bogus allowances every month.

Do a research on how much each senator takes home every month.

Then calculate how much each ex-governor is paid as pension for serving their states for a maximum 8 years.

Add that to the amount the senators pad the budget with every year since 1999.

Add that to the amount civil servants steal everyday.

Add that to the amount the federal government has wasted in the past paying off terrorists like the Niger Delta thugs in amnesty, Boko Haram etc.

Add that to the amount politicians steal when they pad budgets for projects across the federation and get kick-backs from contractors at the expense of the citizens.

Add that to the amount they just plain steal by ordering billions of dollars from the Central Bank of Nigeria and keep in overseas accounts for themselves and family.

Are you aware that former president Goodluck Jonathan fired a central bank governor, Lamido Sanusi for blowing the whistle that 20 billion DOLLARS majestically walked out of the nation's apex bank?

Are you aware that the billions of dollars that Abacha (who ruled between 1993-1997) stole is still being recovered in the various overseas banks that he stored them in 20 fvcking years later?

Such a big pity.

And where is the money? I'm assuming the money was stolen*

My problem with everyone backing Sowore is that they believe so MUCH in his ridiculous policies same way most people (and I'm sure same are now in the Sowore team) supported Buhari. It's on this site persons defended Buhari's policy on increasing the budget (e.g. Feeding children in schools and paying 5K to the "less privileged", both which are ridiculous policies) and spending using stolen funds. Today, debts have increased astronomically with more than half of the budget being financed using loans.

You folks believe these people too easily! Same Sowore defended and supported Buhari even when he knew the latter is an incompetent senile dude.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

Cc: Loannes, Arkayn, Swiftboy and Ajl. Kindly tell Sowore that increasing wages is not the panacea to Nigeria's economic woes. A certain Udoka or whatever his name was did same and then came SAP.

I am not responsible for Sowore's lack of simple economics knowledge.

Are you aware that this guy Sowore has a Masters degree in Public Administration from Columbia university USA?
I'd ask what level of education you've achieved but I won't so that I don't sound contentious.

I am not holding brief for Sowore per se. But the sensible thing to do is to ask him how he intends to achieve this.

But no, we'd rather just assume he is INCOMPETENT since he's not a thieving politician yet.

I'm sure if Saraki appears in a press conference in his Babariga and says the same thing you guys will be jumping up and down and screaming "oloye" "oloye" upandan.

Questions. Let's ask questions of these people. Sowore inclusive.

How do they intend to run their government? It is crucial for our development.

Oh, BTW, increasing the minimum wage is not a panacea, right?

But stealing this same money through budget padding is, right?

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Ioannes post=71169637]
Are you aware that this guy Sowore has a Masters degree in Public Administration from Columbia university USA?

Same Sowore and his ilks supported a NEPAed certificate Buhari. Folks with PhDs and MBAs supported Buhari notwithstanding his ridiculous economic policies. This is not denigrating CU, USA, but the fact that he finished from there shows he probably missed economics classes.

But no, we'd rather just assume he is INCOMPETENT since he's not a thieving politician yet.

I didn't say he's incompetent, but he lacks basic knowledge of economics, which is not my fault.

I'm sure if Saraki appears in a press conference in his Babariga and says the same thing you guys will be jumping up and down and screaming "oloye" "oloye" upandan.

Fallacious. So because I discredit Sowore's so-called economic revival policies, it automatically means I support Saraki?

For the records: I don't support any politician (my posts say it). I support policies and Sowore's policies especially on the economy are ridiculous!

Oh, BTW, increasing the minimum wage is not a panacea, right?

Tell me a country (Singapore, China, India, HK Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia etc) where a forced salary increase without a strong economic output especially from the private sector revives a country's economy?

But stealing this same money through budget padding is, right?

Unfortunately, you've failed the logic, yet again. So because I mentioned that the panacea to our economy's problems is not by increasing salaries, then I support corruption? Where did I mention that? Same Buhari Sowore supported and almost everyone claimed not to be corrupt is corrupt filled.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

And where is the money? I'm assuming the money was stolen*

My problem with everyone backing Sowore is that they believe so MUCH in his ridiculous policies same way most people (and I'm sure same are now in the Sowore team) supported Buhari. It's on this site persons defended Buhari's policy on increasing the budget (e.g. Feeding children in schools and paying 5K to the "less privileged", both which are ridiculous policies) and spending using stolen funds. Today, debts have increased astronomically with more than half of the budget being financed using loans.

You folks believe these people too easily! Same Sowore defended and supported Buhari even when he knew the latter is an incompetent senile dude.

@bolded. What a wonderful hindsight you have. Same as all of us. undecided

You are saying that it is okay for the average Nigerian worker to go home monthly with a cheque of a little more than 50dollars monthly while senators gorge themselves on bloated salaries and allowances.

If I am asked to hazard a guess I'll say maybe you are related to someone in the corridor of power in Nigeria.

Go and read about the " ridiculous " policies of Thomas Sankara, the late African legend. People thought his ideas were too simplistic just like people think Sowore's ideas are too simplistic.

How can you give 100,000 naira to workers as minimum wage? It's not possible. The country will go broke. Blah blah blah.

I guess it's okay when a small group of people, less than 0.001% of the population pocket all the resources for themselves.

Have you considered the ripple effects of increasing the minimum wage to a LIVING STANDARS WAGE?

More purchasing power for the ordinary folks on the streets. More sales. More IGR from taxes. A happier populace. A healthier populace who may now have the opportunity to eat something close to a balanced diet and also the opportunity to take sick Junior to the nearby clinic instead if relying on Church pastor for miracles.

Whatever Sowore's plans are, and I don't know what they are as I'm not on his campaign team, I'm sure increasing the minimum wage isn't the only plan he's got for the economy.

He's asking for a national debate. We should join our voices with his to ask, nay, to DEMAND for a national debate.

Let them square off against each other. That's the only way to know who is good to go.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by yinkeys(m): 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The Senators are not entitled to N40M.

But given your argument, if they are making N40M now what's then stopping N100K to be the minimum wages today?
Well people are saying 100k minimum will cause inflation
Did the humongous take home pay of senators cause inflation ?
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=71170358][/quote]

Look bro, we could keep going round and round in circles but the crux of the matter is none if us knows the full economic blueprint of Sowore.

You've only picked one point of campaign strategy and you're over flogging it.

It's easy to make promises. My point is it is premature to conclude that he has a bad economic plan when you haven't heard it all.

Of all the prospective contenders, Sowore is still the only one boldly putting his ideas out there in the public.

I am not seeing the others supporting his call for a national debate.
Even the various media houses aren't talking about it.

To keep blaming the man for supporting Buhari doesn't make much sense. It's just an excuse to give a dog a bad name cos you wanna hang it.

Sowore is one of Buhari's loudest critics. It'd be a different case if he was still supporting the man.

It was important to save Nigeria from bankruptcy by having Jonathan removed.

No sane person will ever say that Jonathan is better than Buhari.

Anyway, I just hope media houses will pull together and give us a worthy Presidential debate worthy of the name.

Other African countries should learn from us.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by yinkeys(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
ObaOloye:

My boss, no one can judge definitively. But he's got the markings of a would be dictator. We can't confirm till we give him power.. Dictators rarely care about image. We may not know and can't tell for sure.
He is a million times better than the old & corrupt men running the country.
Can Buhari even articulate which direction he wants to take the country to ?
Calling youths lazy & all
I guess lots of people are saying the leaders of tomorrow are Saraki Buhari & co.
We've been saying this rhymes since elementary school.
Buhari will never come out for a debate because he doesn't have the intellect to do it
All these old guys have failed us
Everybody wants to leave the hard country.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by okwabayi(m): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
The promises keep rolling in.
It’s a good thing: the more they promise, the more we realize not to vote them.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by naifizzy: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ioannes:

They are simply Sub-Humans still primitives.... Waiting for the next stage of evolution.

Personally I think Nigerians deserve the status quo leaders they have. They havent suffered yet.

When cows become more fortunate than them in every respect and they are forced to eat from the refuse, perhaps then they will begin to use their God given brains.

Nigeria is hopeless. Just look for ways to make your money and safeguard the intersts of your family.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by naifizzy: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
yinkeys:

I guess lots of people are saying the leaders of tomorrow are Saraki Buhari & co.
Buhari will never come out for a debate because he doesn't have the intellect to do it

You don't need to explain to them. Nigeria is a cursed land with sub-humans. Leave them let them let them enjoy the status quo. It is in their nature to suffer and be smiling.

Nigeria is hopeless.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Ioannes post=71170361]

@bolded. What a wonderful hindsight you have. Same as all of us. undecided

You are saying that it is okay for the average Nigerian worker to go home monthly with a cheque of a little more than 50dollars monthly while senators gorge themselves on bloated salaries and allowances

Change the constitution so that it would give the president the powers to slate their wages. For the bold, an increase in wages without economic growth or development brings forth inflation and further devaluation of the naira. And please, don't compare wages in Nigeria using the dollar, we spend in naira not dollars. Our economies are not the same.

If I am asked to hazard a guess I'll say maybe you are related to someone in the corridor of power in Nigeria.

Fallacious. I don't know any politician or anyone in power and don't want to.

Go and read about the " ridiculous " policies of Thomas Sankara, the late African legend. People thought his ideas were too simplistic just like people think Sowore's ideas are too simplistic.

I'll stick with Lee Kuan Yew's policies. Why? It worked. Singapore is the result.

How can you give 100,000 naira to workers as minimum wage? It's not possible. The country will go broke. Blah blah blah

But it is true na. What does Nigeria export of substantial value that makes you believe that she has the money to pay workers? Secondly, do you know that the CoL varies across states and almost every state is dependent on crude oil revenue, so how you expect a state like Borno or Plateau to pay 100K to her workers? How sustainable is it for Nigeria to pay 100K to workers nationwide? Same country where some states cannot even pay 18K on time?

Have you considered the ripple effects of increasing the minimum wage to a LIVING STANDARS WAGE?

Yes, it will grow, but not on the back of ridiculous economic policies where the originator has not explained where the money will come from.

More purchasing power for the ordinary folks on the streets.

On the back of a devalued currency, yes. undecided Increasing wages without economic output? Kudos! Venezuela will be a child's play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by yinkeys(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
naifizzy:

You don't need to explain to them. Nigeria is a cursed land with sub-humans. Leave them let them let them enjoy the status quo. It is in their nature to suffer and be smiling.

Nigeria is hopeless.
Chai bro you don talk am finish.
But it's sad when you hear countries like Ghana doing better than us

One day Ghanaians might retaliate with Nigeria must go
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Ioannes post=71170734]

It's easy to make promises.

So you know? shocked Like Buhari, like Sowore. If Sowore is as intelligent as everyone claims, he should have known better than supporting a man whose economic policies are pre-dinosauric

My point is it is premature to conclude that he has a bad economic plan when you haven't heard it all.

My earlier comment where I "cc-ed" you and others explained everything, I have read the policies and there are ridiculous.

To keep blaming the man for supporting Buhari doesn't make much sense.

Well, to me, it does. If he had a brain, he'd not have supported a man with ridiculous economic policies. I have not even mentioned the other policies of Buhari.

It was important to save Nigeria from bankruptcy by having Jonathan removed

You mean by plunging us back into the debt hole Ngozi removed us from? shocked

No sane person will ever say that Jonathan is better than Buhari.

You mean the sane people with PhDs and MBAs that supported a man with NEPA certificate to become the president? A man whose antecedents are not worth the adulation heaped on him?

Other African countries should learn from us.

Maybe Liberia, DRC or Western Sahara. grin

Thanks for the joke. grin You know my problem with una?

You put too much hope in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
yinkeys:

Hopefully, you told these to those who supported Buhari before the election (2015). We (taniods) said it repeatedly that Buhari is incompetent (as he has always been), but no! Some people wanted NEPA as the harbinger for one to become a president. Now, you guys want Sowore?

Let Buhari continue, next time, when people are warned about an irrefutable dullard, they'd learn.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
yinkeys:

Well people are saying 100k minimum will cause inflation
Did the humongous take home pay of senators cause inflation ?

How many Senators are there in Nigeria? I ask because I really don't know and don't care that much.

How many non senatorial citizens are in Nigeria? I ask because I really don't know but care very much.

Herein lies your answers Sir.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by yinkeys(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

Hopefully, you told these to those who supported Buhari before the election (2015). We (taniods) said it repeatedly that Buhari is incompetent (as he has always been), but no! Some people wanted NEPA as the harbinger for one to become a president. Now, you guys want Sowore?

Let Buhari continue, next time, when people are warned about an irrefutable dullard, they'd learn.
undecided
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
yinkeys:

& who told you I voted Buhari ?
I didn't vote or support anyone then.
But the country is just worse off now

And it won't get better. So please reduce or better still stop your hopes.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=71171777][/quote]

Arguing with you is becoming very tedious.

Now I understand why you say you don't support any politician. Probably because you're still in mourning over GEJ's loss. That would also explain why you are antagonizing Sowore because he was instrumental in GEJ's defeat.

It'd be difficult to argue coherently with someone who thinks Jonathan is the "hero of democracy".

Your assertion that Okonjo Iweala saved us from debt is not only ludicrous. It is downright hilarious.

Maybe you should read up.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/n12trn-debt-profile-worsens-nigerias-woes/

And that was during Okonjo's second coming when there was no Obasanjo to give her orders.

I see that your main grouse with the man is that he supported Buhari.

Well guess what? So did over 15 million other Nigerians who voted for him.

GEJ lost the election 4yrs ago. Don't you think it's about time you moved on? The man was an ineffectual buffoon after all and I'm not holding it against you for voting him in 2011.

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Ioannes post=71172652]

Probably because you're still in mourning over GEJ's loss. That would also explain why you are antagonizing Sowore because he was instrumental in GEJ's defeat.

GEJ's economic policies worked not what we have presently.

It'd be difficult to argue coherently with someone who thinks Jonathan is the "hero of democracy".

My problem with you is that you conjure statements from the sky. Where did I imply or say that GEJ is hero of democracy? Don't put words into my hands.

Your assertion that Okonjo Iweala saved us from debt is not only ludicrous. It is downright hilarious.

Maybe you should read up.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/n12trn-debt-profile-worsens-nigerias-woes/

I thought Buhari's aim is to reduce not increase it? Thought as the preferred candidate, he should better?

I see that your main grouse with the man is that he supported Buhari.

Well guess what? So did over 15 million other Nigerians who voted for him

When people who claim to be intelligent support an individual like Buhari, then I have the right to question the intelligence. For goodness sake, how is Buhari any better?.

On a side note, I wish Buhari wins the election (not like he'd lose). Let the moronism from the administration continue.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=71171489][/quote]

Nigerian senators earn 13.5million naira monthly yet the country hasn't gone bankrupt. Increase the minimum wage of workers, no, the nation will go bankrupt.

Issorite.

I won't even mention house of reps members at the federal and state levels, state governors and their secret security vote etc.

I'm not going to mention the millions that Jonathan smuggled out on "pastor" Oritsejafor's private jet to South Africa, neither will I mention the Abacha loot that is still being recovered 20 years later.

I guess you are comfortable where you are so it might be quite difficult to imagine that there will be children who will go to bed this night on an empty stomach because their parents' take home paychecks wasn't enough to take home.

Now that the minimum wage is pegged at less than 20,000 naira how much has the government invested in the economy so that these same wretched workers can stop being wretched?

What social security net has been put in place by the government for the people?

Are there any arrangements for minors and senior citizens?

How about the physically challenged? Is there program or legislation to make their lives a little bit easier?

Ok then, maybe I should ask about security, social amenities and other infrastructure. Electricity, how far?
Pipe-borne water nko? How about good road network? Are Nigerians safer?

I mean, since we aren't using the money to pay workers a just wage at least the money must be fuelled here right?

I'll leave you to be the judge of that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Can't Suspend Me - Usani Uguru Usani / Buhari Lauds Jonathan For Helping To Restore Peace In Mali / CBN Denies Freezing EndSARS Promoters’ Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.