Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers (14756 Views)

Sowore Tells FG To Pay Workers Between N100k-N250k / Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / Nationwide Strike: You Must Be At Work From Monday, FG Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
naifizzy:

They are simply Sub-Humans still primitives.... Waiting for the next stage of evolution.

Personally I think Nigerians deserve the status quo leaders they have. They havent suffered yet.

When cows become more fortunate than them in every respect and they are forced to eat from the refuse, perhaps then they will begin to use their God given brains.

Nigeria is hopeless. Just look for ways to make your money and safeguard the intersts of your family.

It is just so sad.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=71172983][/quote]

The reason I dug up Okonjo Iweala's stuff was to refute your statement that she got Nigeria out of debt.

You sound intelligent bro so I won't believe that you don't know that GEJ earned more from crude oil than the previous governments post 1999. Yet he left the treasurer emptier than he met it.

Aren't you aware that Buhari has grown the national Treasury despite a slump in crude oil from $120/barrel to about $30-40/barrel when he was elected?

No. Jonathan and his merry band of thieves were a resounding failure in the art of governance.

Nigeria's reputation slumped even as we had several diplomatic rows with the king of Morocco and the leadership of South Africa among others.

Maybe you've forgotten that it was in Jonathan's time that Nigerian soldiers were running away from facing Boko Haram into Cameroon because our dear beloved leaders had embezzled money meant for arms and ammunitions.

Anyway, this post is not about Jona. It's about Sowore. I'm not saying we should vote for him. I'm saying let's listen to him. Let's ask questions. Let's determine who gets to Aso villa by being properly informed and not playing on sentiments.

#sigh

It is well.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Ioannes post=71173190]

Nigerian senators earn 13.5million naira monthly yet the country hasn't gone bankrupt. Increase the minimum wage of workers, no, the nation will go bankrupt.

Yes, it is ridiculous that we are paying such bogus sum of money to indolent people. But please know that they only have the prerogative to peg their earnings, no one else. Sowore or whosoever. If you want it changed (as much as I do), it is from the NASS that the change will come from.

I'm not going to mention the millions that Jonathan smuggled out on "pastor" Oritsejafor's private jet to South Africa, neither will I mention the Abacha loot that is still being recovered 20 years later.

Obviously, Jona was corrupt but Buhari ain't better (with all the adulation heaped on him - not like he was going to be anyway). Oh! Abacha, the dude Buhari said never stole? grin

And please, for the upteempth time, Nigeria does not have the money to fund Sowore's largess. Yes, it sounds odd, but based on basic economic reasoning, it is the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by naifizzy: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
yinkeys:

Chai bro you don talk am finish.
But it's sad when you hear countries like Ghana doing better than us

One day Ghanaians might retaliate with Nigeria must go
It has happened already. Ghanaians have ejected many Nigerians recently.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by toyinajani(m): 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
minimum wage is not the problem but fixing the Economy to respond in value to what we hold.
of what use is increased minimum wage with high inflation? it comes back to same if not greater economic problems! My own take pls!
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Babysho(m): 5:17am On Sep 14, 2018
HAH:
This guy should know that what Nigeria needs is good monetary and fiscal policies that will reduce inflation and add value to the naira not salary increase, what if he increases salaries to 100k minimum and a loaf of bread becomes 2k.

His foray into politics is really exposing his inadequacies and shallowness

Lol why will a loaf of bread become 2k?
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by HAH: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Babysho:

Lol why will a loaf of bread become 2k?

As a child in the eighties I bought a loaf of bread for 50kobo now that same loaf is sold for N300, inflation of course is the reason, if you keep increasing salaries without proper fiscal and monetary policy framework you find yourself in that situation , what should matter to good leader is stability of naira and reduction in inflation at least , salary increase should only be through promotion and general upward reviews
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=71173803][/quote]

Basic economic reasons that you have refused to mention.

I have given so many reasons why Nigeria's cash cow is being milked daily by rapacious leaders. All you keep telling us is that it's not possible to divert this same milk to the poor for "basic economic reasons".

What are the basic economic reasons o. Oya, tell us. We would like to know.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by ajl: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2018
toyinajani:
minimum wage is not the problem but fixing the Economy to respond in value to what we hold.
of what use is increased minimum wage with high inflation? it comes back to same if not greater economic problems! My own take pls!

Increasing the minimum wage won't happen in isolation since other economic programs will be implemented. When you increase spending power of workers by increasing wages, this stimulates economic production and manufacturing including employment since manufacturers and service providers will want to meet increased demand for products and services. But an important question for Sowore is how lack of electricity will not thwart economic growth after increasing workers purchasing power.

Apparently, most youths here lack capacity to think reasonably to the point of asking credible questions.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by boyjo: 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
toyinajani:

Good day.
that Solar cooker wey you post that time for 2011, e work?
You still dey use am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Can't Suspend Me - Usani Uguru Usani / CBN Denies Freezing EndSARS Promoters’ Accounts / Ex-SGF, Boss Mustapha Exonerates Self, Buhari From Alleged $6.2m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.