Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,094 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers (14758 Views)

Sowore Tells FG To Pay Workers Between N100k-N250k / Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / Nationwide Strike: You Must Be At Work From Monday, FG Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by ObaOloye: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
yinkeys:

He's been fighting & public shaming corrupt officials for 12 years via his global website. Do you believe he will tarnish his image once he's president ?
I doubt

My boss, no one can judge definitively. But he's got the markings of a would be dictator. We can't confirm till we give him power.. Dictators rarely care about image. We may not know and can't tell for sure.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by IYANGBALI: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
I smell lies
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by desiredmee(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
psucc:
This guy is not serious. He should publish his manifesto online so we can scrutinize. He makes great promises just as Buhari and I am afraid he may not be able to fulfill them

Our corrupt political office holders has made things impossible and unachieveable so you wouldn't believe it's possible to build new roads
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by olowo1995(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
I now see reason why diz guy want export weed, im don dey take oshogbo weed ferry long tym.. So iz high on it.
How im wan increase minimun wage to #100k wey d little dem dey collect some state still dey owe dem, im nw wan increase am.
Abeg make person help me tell am say make im go arrange anoda lie coz diz one ooooo no work joooor
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by richiebaba(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]Yes na so e easy if only we Nigerians can believe in the resources we have. Both human and natural resources. All we need is someone that has a good heart and really wants to serve. I am not sure if it is Sowore but I know it is not any of this people that have been circulating the political atmosphere for decades and carting away million and billions of Naira to other countries. In that being said 100k is only approximately 400dollars a month. It is very possible if only the basic amenities like water, good roads and electricity is available. Then we can start talking of a new and great Nigeria. So the real problem is who do we trust? And not the feasibility of 100k.
Please youths, we need to secure the future of our kids by voting right before we turn to a country that cannot be savaged. God forbid!
Just my one cent though!
Tunagee:

Jokers will just open their mouths and be saying nonsense when they are campaigning!!!! 100k na so e easy for public sector??nonsense

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by geezynoni: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lol..this man can lie jare
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Arkayn: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
GSA01:
People like Sowore are naive about how Nigeria Operates, once he is voted in, He will not be able to handle the National Assembly members and the incessant bottlenecks in the system,

It is you who is naive! Nigeria is not working for anybody. We need a bulldozer like Sowore who will go in there and clean house!
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Omobaba573: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
WETIN THIS MAN DEY TALK...
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by reachbenny(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nigeria is green and blessed. We have enough to go round so we all can live better lives but, the selfishness and wickedness of our leaders wouldn't let that happen

We are a blessed Nation. I believe in Nigeria even though it is energy sapping to do so.

Politicians are our biggest challenge.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by EternalTruths: 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
HAH:
This guy should know that what Nigeria needs is good monetary and fiscal policies that will reduce inflation and add value to the naira not salary increase, what if he increases salaries to 100k minimum and a loaf of bread becomes 2k.

His foray into politics is really exposing his inadequacies and shallowness

Sowore wey no sabi basic economics.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by akphrat(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
citizenY:

Which village this guy come from set. He should go to and establish his village council and pay the workers 100k. let's start from.there.
tot am the only one here observing the Sahara Man
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by akphrat(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
ObaOloye:

My boss, no one can judge definitively. But he's got the markings of a would be dictator. We can't confirm till we give him power.. Dictators rarely care about image. We may not know and can't tell for sure.
Which power, Super power or powerless power, ������

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Martinez19(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
MallamJackson:

The fact that he's beginning to talk too much isn't even my problem with him after all its politics

but he's beginning to sound like the typical politicians Nigerians are used to by making unrealistic promises

-Legalising weed

now

-100k minimum wage?

True. People forget that our leaders were once common citizens. He, indeed, sounds like other politicians.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by citizenY(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
akphrat:
tot am the only one here observing the Sahara Man

He is living in an oasis..... AKA Nairaland.....where votes don't count.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by akphrat(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
citizenY:

He is living in an oasis..... AKA Nairaland.....where votes don't count.
.. okay. i for say ooo
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Franking: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
U won't even get half of that.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by ajl: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nigerian youths, going by some of the responses am seeing here, cannot reason logically anymore. Sowore said he would promote export of marijuana to be used only for legal medical purposes and for other legal uses as production of oil, and cloths. He is mot saying he would legalize local smoking of marijuana. One state in the United States made $1 billion from marijuana production. But Nigeria with one of the best variety of marijuana in the world is burning it. God help these people. They are just "blind".

After he announced that he would increase minimum wage to N100k, the Fed Govt also promised an increase to N66k. So, you can reason that it's possible. Also, about a week he said, at a town hall meeting, he would make June 12 the new democracy day, the Fed Govt stole his idea and hurriedly announced June 12 as new democracy day.

For those talking about inflation, if your senators can be paid N50 million every month and crooks in government can launder billions in dollars and Naira, then why can't workers be paid what they genuinely deserve.

Morocco and Tunisia currently export power to Malta and France through solar energy generation. Even President Merkel of Germany was advising Buhari on her recent visit why Nigeria is doing nothing on renewable energy like solar. Sowore promised thousands of jobs through his renewable energy program to produce power via solar since people will be needed in the tens of thousand to assemble solar panel.

But you all have been mentally bastardized to the point of submission. It's your lives and you are on the way to wasting another 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by surachbz(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
first class mumu, talking base on highing level
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Grayxme: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Easier said than done...Nigerians should not allow mere words deceive them
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Gerrard59(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ioannes:
Nigerian youths don't want change. they dont want good governance. all they want is to get rich quick and drive the latest car and slay in the best clothes and look cute in pictures with their family so that they can flaunt it on Nairaland and Instagram and become the talk of the town and relocate to the poshest neighbourhood in Lagos and jet out of the country on vacation to Dubai, America etc.

And that is the mindset of the average Nigerian youth.

A sensible person will ask questions like, ok, so how exactly can Mr. Sowore achieve this? What are his plans for dealing with inflation, national debt, decaying infrastructure, etc..

I don't know for others, but I'm sensible enough to know that Nigeria does not have the kind of money needed to make such bogus remuneration and perks.

The problem with Sowore is that he missed economics classes during secondary school.

Too bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by ajl: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

I don't know for others, but I'm sensible enough to know that Nigeria does not have the kind of money needed to make such bogus remuneration and perks.

The problem with Sowore is that he missed economics classes during secondary school.

Too bad.

Tell me what information you have on hand that says Nigeria cannot afford to pay workers N100k. Do you know how much can be saved by getting rid of ghost workers through use of technology, and blocking all loopholes, and corruption.

Would you believe that Nigeria bugdet can be financed without even touching revenue from petroleum export. I think you need to realize that some people won't throw out numbers without giving deep thought and examination of all numbers at hand. Sowore is a well informed individual. Even, I... I have more data on Nigeria that what you will find on the website of Nigeria Bureau of Statistics. I am not just saying that.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Swiftboy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
I read foolish sentiments from these youths and I cry. They want good governance, yet they are getting angry at Sowore.
So how can they see whith their eyes close. The question I will ask Boda Sowore is how is he going to fulfill these promises without causing inflation? No, they will not ask... Meanwhile, truth is 18,500 naira minimum wage is way too small because of the inflation. In the last election, they voted in Buhari without asking question, nor they are rejecting Sowore without asking question. Confuse lots. As for me,
I stand with #takeitback #Sowore
Ioannes:
Nigerian youths don't want change. they dont want good governance. all they want is to get rich quick and drive the latest car and slay in the best clothes and look cute in pictures with their family so that they can flaunt it on Nairaland and Instagram and become the talk of the town and relocate to the poshest neighbourhood in Lagos and jet out of the country on vacation to Dubai, America etc.

A sensible person will ask questions like, ok, so how exactly can Mr. Sowore achieve this? What are his plans for dealing with inflation, national debt, decaying infrastructure, etc.

just go back to the beginning of this tread and check the quality of the conversation and you'll know there is something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian youth.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Swiftboy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ioannes:

A sensible person will ask questions like, ok, so how exactly can Mr. Sowore achieve this? What are his plans for dealing with inflation, national debt, decaying infrastructure, etc.

just go back to the beginning of this tread and check the quality of the conversation and you'll know there is something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian youth.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Swiftboy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

Too bad.
Are you sure?
Am looking at you like hope you know we have lots of resources we have not tapped into. Open your mind jor!
Plus we waste too much money on this country.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Swiftboy(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
bolajoko464:
fool. Recurring expenditure cannot grow any country. Sowore wey no fit win
his street.
Read his manifesto first before you talk. Read you will not read. You are as close minded as the anolog politicians we have out there.
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Arkayn: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

Too bad.

You are quite silly. What is a 100,000k? A 100,000k is nothing. If the economy of this country is truly unleashed and not stifled like it was under Buhari, you will see that 100,000k is chicken change!
Re: Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers by Swiftboy(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
ajl:
Nigerian youths, going by some of the responses am seeing here, cannot reason logically anymore. Sowore said he would promote export of marijuana to be used only for legal medical purposes and for other legal uses as production of oil, and cloths. He is mot saying he would legalize local smoking of marijuana. One state in the United States made $1 billion from marijuana production. But Nigeria with one of the best variety of marijuana in the world is burning it. God help these people. They are just "blind".

After he announced that he would increase minimum wage to N100k, the Fed Govt also promised an increase to N66k. So, you can reason that it's possible. Also, about a week he said, at a town hall meeting, he would make June 12 the new democracy day, the Fed Govt stole his idea and hurriedly announced June 12 as new democracy day.

For those talking about inflation, if your senators can be paid N50 million every month and crooks in government can launder billions in dollars and Naira, then why can't workers be paid what they genuinely deserve.

Morocco and Tunisia currently export power to Malta and France through solar energy generation. Even President Merkel of Germany was advising Buhari on her recent visit why Nigeria is doing nothing on renewable energy like solar. Sowore promised thousands of jobs through his renewable energy program to produce power via solar since people will be needed in the tens of thousand to assemble solar panel.

But you all have been mentally bastardized to the point of submission. It's your lives and you are on the way to wasting another 4 years.
They are flat dead narrow minded. Chai! I don't know why I have ding bats as compatriots! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tukur, Oyinlola Embrace At Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport / How The NNPC Is Used For Funding Apc’s Campaign In Kwara And Other APC States / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Arrest Of Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.