Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres (6367 Views)

Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes / Your Views On The Use Of Loud Speakers In Mosque And Churches / Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by lukkie(m): 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
Good news! There were 3 churches around my last house. I moved out mainly because of them.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by obamma: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2010
Please does anyone know how and where exactly we need to report such offenses of loudspeaker noise, because there is one barber shop close to my house that doesn't allow people to rest.

I will appreciate if numbers to call to make complains are given.

Or must i go to alausa Lagos govt office to lay a formal complain? thanx.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by nich(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
Eko o ni baaje! cheesy
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Rmc1(m): 12:44am On Jul 07, 2010
LOL @ the responses to this thread, that means a lot of people have been suffering in silence. govt should back the loud speaker ban up with heavy juicy fines 4 defaulters.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Pappij: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2010
This is good news. Enough of this noise, this religious houses just work on our emotions. I really pray this ban is effective sha!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by ud4u: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2010
Lets watch and see
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by hadhal(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2010
Banning is not the solution but censoring the content of the message as well as the time and duration.A message is a noise wen it is meaninless but the messages hav chandg some lives
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by ottiotti: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2010
please something should be done about the bus stops with loud speakers as well
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by oloritinu: 12:12am On Jul 08, 2010
i support that noise level should be reduced but lets not lose the fun that make us naijas. i love it when i visit nigeria and i hear the muslim 5 o'clock allah arkbaruuuuu, it is like morning dew, here in london it is the police siren you hear here and there.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Acidosis(m): 2:38am On Jul 08, 2010
It's a good development!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by favouredjb(f): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
The beer parlour in my area is the worst ever,as a marrofact friday evenings are so bad that you can't sleep until they finish their gig,I think am used to the earlymorning muslim cal for prayers,although its very annoying,what about the one room churches.only God can save us, another one is the moving cars selling potency drugs for men,the kind of obscenities these guys spew hnn,u go just wonder
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by sessy2(f): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
nice one Fashola this is out of hand they need to be controlled.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by MrAnus: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
will they ban malu horn in lagos?
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DisGuy: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
SOOOO HOW IS IT GOING?

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY DIFFERENCE? BETTER SLEEPING PATTERNS?

OR IS THIS ANOTHER PR NOISE FROM EKO O NI BAJE?
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Huramabi(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
Fashola is not sincere it should start with the one in the mosque inside Ikeja LGA first, i am tired of the guy hypocrisy. Post no bill yet posters of BRF for second litters everywhere and LASSA is not flushing them,
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DisGuy: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
This Govt is all NOISE no ACTION!!!! tongue

the media bombardment is getting nauseating to be honest
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by ccollins(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
But their msg can impact to pple lives who are reluctant to enter d church
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by oderemo(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2010
support that noise level should be reduced but lets not lose the fun that make us naijas. i love it when i visit nigeria and i hear the muslim 5 o'clock allah arkbaruuuuu, it is like morning dew, here in london it is the police siren you hear here and there.[/quote]
u live near prison.? grin undecided
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by 0hsisi: 3:14am On Jul 29, 2010
Those in Lagos should give an update
Do you still hear the loudspeakers from Churches and mosques or not?
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by niceone3(m): 10:17am On Jul 29, 2010
Peharps, they should also disband churches & mosques outrightly so that we could start to reason more rationally and develop rapidly like the west
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by onoerime: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2010
he should also ban record stores from using heavy speakers outside their shops and maybe yahoo boys with heavy speakers in their cars
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DisGuy: 11:36pm On Aug 08, 2010
^^ one at a time

they have not even done this, just noise noise
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by yemisolar(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2010
hi guys, if you need #50-100,000 to start/grow your business. you cal e- mail me at pettral@yahoo.com. or call 08052141582.

this is strictly for small business owners only.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Tingles(m): 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2010
I recently read somewhere that the normal speaking voice of Nigerians is classified as noise in other countries. Our parents scream at us, we use big, soot-emitting generating sets to supply electricity with which we listen to music at the maximum volume, these churches and mosques just makes sure that they maintain the noise level we've subject ourselves to - this explains the large number mad men on our streets.

1 Like

Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DisGuy: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2010
Tingles:

I recently read somewhere that the[b] normal speaking voice of Nigerians is classified as noise in other countries[/b]. Our parents scream at us, we use big, soot-emitting generating sets to supply electricity with which we listen to music at the maximum volume, these churches and mosques just makes sure that they maintain the noise level we've subject ourselves to - this explains the large number mad men on our streets.

kinda explain why most airlines have problems with nigerian passengers
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Ifebazz(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2010
It is long over due. Hw can u say u`re preachin to a congregatn inside while mountin a public address speaker out, for who? They are all hypocrites, de pastors dat is.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Pukkah: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tingles:

I recently read somewhere that the normal speaking voice of Nigerians is classified as noise in other countries. Our parents scream at us, we use big, soot-emitting generating sets to supply electricity with which we listen to music at the maximum volume, these churches and mosques just makes sure that they maintain the noise level we've subject ourselves to - this explains the large number mad men on our streets.

The noise level in Nigeria is too high and we must all cooperate with government at levels, regardless of our religious leaning, to reduce the noise which is all over the place: salons, eateries, bus stops, churches, mosques, event centres, mobile drug hawkers, etc.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DisGuy: 2:02am On Aug 24, 2010
its also up to the government to enforce a rule ,people abroad are not saint there's just a big stick(fine/eviction) waiting for offenders, but in nigeria there's no fine/no real attempt to enforce rules that's why some things are the way they are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? / The Great Controversy(between Good&evil) / A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.