Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,682 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres (6365 Views)

Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes / Your Views On The Use Of Loud Speakers In Mosque And Churches / Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by otondo55: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
Implementation not lip-service !
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by philip0906(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
i know dat those who don't give a damn about religion will feast on this thread. . .it won't work.i can bet dat. . .u in doubt?ask Daniel how he did it when he was "banned" 4rm praying,he instead opened his windows and prayed aloud cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by nellaluv(f): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
Praise God.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by philip0906(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2010
By d way. . .dis ban is ridiculous. . .Y?what happens 2 all those beer parlours and big "joints" that churn out noise called music? undecided undecided
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by StEdwin(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2010
What a relief. Now the noise making in lagos can stop.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by oisehumen(m): 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2010
philip0906:

By d way. . .dis ban is ridiculous. . .Y?what happens 2 all those beer parlours and big "joints" that churn out noise called music? undecided undecided

That's true now.
Record studios should also be included
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by xterra2(m): 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2010
This should be implemented in more states
When i was living in Kaduna a church nearby has a big loud speaker in the night you cant even sleep they would be disturbing you
ANd people in Lagos complain about it
But for the muslims they use it for calling prayers now it would be a problem
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Jephyard(m): 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
When is the deadline for this law to be enact so that one can atleast sleep in plenty.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Adechyno(m): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2010
Gaskiya ne walahi. Haba!!! The noise is too much.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by philip0906(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2010
everyone of u that is excited about this ridiculous ban,should just watch. . .IT WON'T WORK. . .mark my words, months and years 4rm nw,(when it comes 2 God,don't joke wiff him) undecided
BTW,there are loads of problems the country is facing,it is banning churches and mosques' loudspeakers that is of importance 2 them. . .everyone is happy dat "noise" from these religious organisations will stop so that the beer parlours and shepe joints will now have monopoly over "noise",This country is a joke embarassed
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by hackney(m): 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
This is a very good move.
The days of shouting early in the morning in the name of prayers should stop completely
especially in built-up areas.
I dont see why prayers should disturb people that do not want to partake in it.
And by the way, what is wrong with quiet prayers? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?
After all after all those prayers, pastor will be sleeping with the young choir gurlz.

That kind of noise is best suited for when in the wilderness or something.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by babaogun(m): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
Spyker:

It will never work. By the time these new generation churches start calling the special adviser "Anti-Christ", he will shut his mouth up.
I also think the Special Adviser should merge some small churches and mosques together to form a bigger church and mosques respectively.

Are you sure the adviser is not an Anti-christ or anti-Mo already!!!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by ichommy(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2010
oga oooo
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by tosenbaba(m): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
Its about time this is done already,, i could remember some years back when my father took out his double barrel gun and went to a church right behind his bedroom window, that he was going to do some shooting if the loud speakers were not turned of in the middle of the night in the sake of doing vigil,
its a welcome development,
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by lekywhite(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
O Lord, let every forces and power against the propagation of the gospel die by fire!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by tosenbaba(m): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
O Lord, let every forces and power against the propagation of the gospel die by fire!

i know very well, that the lord i serve is not deaf neither his he blind, so pls tell me whats the idea of mounting a loud speaker out side the auditorium of the church by mid night in a residential area in the sake of doing vigil, and the congregation is not up to 20, so pls lets be reasonable about it, its wrong
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by Gadols(f): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
It should be seen to be implemented. Let there be sanity for once.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by mufikings(m): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2010
lekywhite:

O Lord,  let every forces and power against the propagation of the gospel die by fire!

Thank you my dear, but let us believers call on the Lord to enlighten us more on how to reach out to the many unsaved for which this purpose is meant for.

On the other hand, these government advisers or what ever are very funny, why are they not making laws to get rid of the area boys who liter the whole Lagos like moon dogs, or the Music playing CD/Music sellers freaks!!! or the crazy parties held on streets you have all over the place.

I had one behind my house for a time and this guy plays the songs so loud to the amusement of those who hear, and dance to it,  for crying out loud he had little or no stuff to sell, but  took delight in disturbing the peace.In the same area a church puts up a speaker to preach our Lords message, and people were fast to complain and condemn.

Ironic isn't it, may the Lord covers us all, Jesus is Lord
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by CarlosVent(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2010
WHAT OF D MARKET PEOPLE.

ABI NA ONLY CHURCH DEY SEE
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
mufikings:

Thank you my dear, but let us believers call on the Lord to enlighten us more on how to reach out to the many unsaved for which this purpose is meant for.

On the other hand, these government advisers or what ever are very funny, why are they not making laws to get rid of the area boys who liter the whole Lagos like moon dogs, or the Music playing CD/Music sellers freaks!!! or the crazy parties held on streets you have all over the place.

I had one behind my house for a time and this guy plays the songs so loud to the amusement of those who hear, and dance to it, for crying out loud he had little or no stuff to sell, but took delight in disturbing the peace.In the same area a church puts up a speaker to preach our Lords message, and people were fast to complain and condemn.

Why didnt u confront him or complain?

Tell the govt Adviser you support him but he should also extend it to record stores
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by philip0906(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
@mufikings

I had one behind my house for a time and this guy plays the songs so loud to the amusement of those who hear, and dance to it,  for crying out loud he had little or no stuff to sell, but  took delight in disturbing the peace.In the same area a church puts up a speaker to preach our Lords message, and people were fast to complain and condemn.

Dats d point. . .There is this this big joint close 2 where i stay,once it is 7;30pm,the noise dat emantes 4rm there is somfin else.The place is always packed and the music can be heard 4rm over 2oometers away 4rm there. . especially weekends where it is noise till dawn. . .nobody complains about it,but a small church gathers in a litle corner wiff their "outdated" speaker that can't even be heard meters away,and they complain. . .isn't there a problem somewhere? undecided
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by donugapi(m): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2010
So what happens to people that have speakers on their cars and drive around preaching? Are they covered by the ban.

I think that is daft anyways, why would you be preaching and driving away?
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by teskyg: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
Thank God.This has been my yearning for long.That Mosque by my house blaring some incantation every morning?it got to stop, Mushroom churches competing for recognition, blaring loud speakers misdirecting their messages to the end users, This will be a dream come true.I can't wait ,
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by DoubleN(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2010
At long last! Some sanity is going to be restored. Sleeping in my room on friday night's is very challenging.
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by nellaluv(f): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2010
donugapi:
So what happens to people that have speakers on their cars and drive around preaching? Are they covered by the ban.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
you must be an agent grin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by nellaluv(f): 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
donugapi:

Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
ALLAH BE PRAISED!! grin Now i don't get to be rudely awaken at 5 by call to prayer from an infernal speaker a few blocks from my bedroom window. Yipppeeeee!! eko oni baje grin
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by donugapi(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
nellaluv:

Which kind agent abeg!!
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by chapysammie(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2010
this is a welcome development, i hope the law is followed by those concerned,
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by sulad82i(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
so 9ja does have noise pollution law shocked shocked
omg
Re: Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres by freshera: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
I am a christian but it is a welcome development. Christians should live with wisdom. Don't force your religion on other people. If they want to sleep let them sleep. Even God doesn't force.

They should start with churches and then extend it to other areas. Religious organisations should lead by example. Noise pollution in naija is too much. Thats why most old people are half-deaf. With all the stress and risk of high blood pressure, workers should be allowed to rest quietly on friday nights.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? / A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.