Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? (2637 Views)

Poll: Would You?

Yes Its Necesarry: 23% (3 votes)
No: 76% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

. / The Wooing Challenge 2014 (ladies' Edition) - Ladies Choose Your Men. / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by MrsSiena1(f): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2010
I have heard of stories where one's partner especially the wife or perhaps the fiancée tend to choose their partner's personal assistant and most often than not they pick ugly, fat and non-attractive ones so that their husbands/fiancé don't get tempted.

Would this bother you? And do you subscribe to the above?
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by hbabe(f): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2010
I don't subscribe to selecting my partner's PA, I am of the belief that personal/private life shouldn't interfere with business life. Except of course I am an active part of the business i.e. I work in the office in HR capacity.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by cold(m): 10:40am On Jul 04, 2010
Even if she's fat & ugly if your husband is goin to stray he'll still stray.All a man needs to his mind intact are principles.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Onchedu(m): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2010
Why don't U just marry a man of noble character and be a woman of virtue so U wouldnt have to preoccupy Urself with worry issues like personal assistants?

If he's not a person of character U should just pray for him and not put ideas into his head like choosing a PA for him.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by cold(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2010
Onchedu:

Why don't U just marry a man of noble character and be a woman of virtue so U wouldnt have to preoccupy Urself with worry issues like personal assistants?

If he's not a person of character U should just pray for him and not put ideas into his head like choosing a PA for him.
And who says she's not married?
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Onchedu(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2010
I understand that not everyone is good in English Comprehension.

Mr. Cold, get someone to expasiate on my post for U and if possible, translate it into ur native tongue then maybe Ur antagonistic mind would more easily assimilate and understand what I said and why I said it clearer.

Abi na U be the husband?
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by cold(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2010
Onchedu:

Mr. Cold, get someone to expasiate on my post for U and if possible, translate it into your native tongue then maybe your antagonistic mind would more easily assimilate and understand what I said and why I said it clearer.

Abi na U be the husband?
Your post is as clear as daylight.You're obviously the one who has to bring himself up to speed here.Anyways,i'm really in no mood to get into one of this your 'stay virtous' tirades.It's a beautiful summer mornin,on my way out to get mine so go get yours.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Onchedu(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2010
Oh so U've been following my posts? No wonder. U finally got the guts to say something, sadly U chose the wrong comment to come out with the bile on.

U should have been a lil patient and waited for me to say something inconsistent that isn't intended as a joke then U wouldn't sound so obviously embittered.

U don't have to agree with things I say. U could just skip them U know; then again the truth is hard to ignore isn't it?
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2010
Onchedu:

I think you're getting mixed-up here, perhaps you didn't pay much attention to the topic?

Mrs. Siena's married to me, and I'm no cheater. This was something we were both discussing, after watching a Nollywood movie. Not every topic raised here is a reflection on the thread starter's life.

Besides, my work doesn't call for a PA, or secretary, so the need for my wife to choose would never arise.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by MissyB1(m): 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2010
You go fear Love na.  . . . . . Mr and Mrs. Siena. grin grin

Where on Seun's Nairaland is ma Mr B?  cry

Topic . . . .
If he gives me permission to, I'D and of course, I might choose a fat and ugly Woman with not less than 4 Children.
I'm insecure, You'D say . . . .Yes, I agree. grin grin cheesy
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by iice(f): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2010
@Topic no.  Don't need him picking someone for me grin
As for me picking one for him. . .can't be bothered jare.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by spoilt(f): 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2010
I leave my husband to his own devices.
He knows what is at stake for the family that we've struggled to build. That I believe helps him make good decisions.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by remoranger(m): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2010
highly necessary grin
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Busybody2(f): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2010
Onchedu:

Mr. Cold, get someone to expasiate on my post for U and if possible, translate it into your native tongue then maybe your antagonistic mind would more easily assimilate and understand what I said and why I said it clearer.

Abi na U be the husband?

Ouch that was cold, cold, cold, chillingly and icily at that too, ouch cheesy

Siena:

I think you're getting mixed-up here, perhaps you didn't pay much attention to the topic?

Mrs. Siena's married to me, and I'm no cheater. This was something we were both discussing, after watching a Nollywood movie. Not every topic raised here is a reflection on the thread starter's life.

Besides, my work doesn't call for a PA, or secretary, so the need for my wife to choose would never arise.

Onchedu is right, grammatically and otherwise, he was addressing the thread title and OP's post generally, not the poster, Mrs S, who could be an unmarried poster, as far as he was concerned wink

Come oh you two, Mr & Mrs S, wey the lil Siena-let, wetin na, you pipu should commot thread go dey do am joo, i wan come chop rice joo, get to work jare, on your knees too if it will help tongue lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2010
^^^ LMAO! grin
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Busybody2(f): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2010
Missy B:

You go fear Love na.  . . . . . Mr and Mrs. Siena. grin grin

Where on Seun's Nairaland is ma Mr B?  cry

Its Sunday and i am in a generous mood so riffling through my e-flashdrive/e-folder/e-journal/e-directory for the current list of my e-lovers, e-concubines, e-boyfriends, e-husband, and e-etcetera cos i want it all grin

There are 37 of them at my disposal so I am sure I can spare you one or ten, lemme go and sort them out, will be back in a jiffy tongue

Oya Flpangolo, go and bring me my portmanteau under the bed, hurry up joo, see as she dey waka like a crab with her two left feet cheesy
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by MissyB1(m): 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2010
Busy_body:

Its Sunday and i am in a generous mood so riffling through my e-flashdrive/e-folder/e-journal/e-directory for the current list of my e-lovers, e-concubines, e-boyfriends, e-husband, and e-etcetera cos i want it all grin

There are 37 of them at my disposal so I am sure I can spare you one or ten, lemme go and sort them out, will be back in a jiffy tongue

Oya Flpangolo, go and bring me my portmanteau under the bed, hurry up joo, see as she dey waka like a crab with her two left feet cheesy
BB . . . .I want the best You can offer and I want it sharp sharp.
E get as E deh do me, right now. grin grin grin
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by netotse(m): 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2010
Busy_body:

Missy B:

BB . . . .I want the best You can offer and I want it sharp sharp.
E get as E deh do me, right now. grin grin grin

*cough* *cough* i just say make i greet both of una o. . .

[size=5pt]*singing* dont let me go the same way i came. . .[/size]
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by MrsSiena1(f): 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2010
Come oh you two, Mr & Mrs S, wey the lil Siena-let, wetin na, you pipu should commot thread go dey do am joo, i wan come chop rice joo, get to work jare, on your knees too if it will help tongue lipsrsealed cheesy
[quote][/quote]

BB wetin we wan go do oh. Abeg let it be plain cos I still be small pickin oh. Lol
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 04, 2010
Wow!! This is lovely. "Mrs Siena"!! shocked shocked

I guess I've been away from N'land for too long. Anyways nice to see husband & wife on N'land. grin Hows the pregnancy coming.

@ Topic

I think the issue of picking ur husbands assistant, secretary e.t.c is just plain wrong and over-stepping boundries. Its also a sign of gross insecurity. Rather than pick his assistants, you would be better off making them your friend.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Pweety4me(f): 11:29pm On Jul 04, 2010
Choose my partner's PA 4 wat?

The question is not clear 2 me.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by akwaowoudo(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2010
cold:

Your post is as clear as daylight.You're obviously the one who has to bring himself up to speed here.Anyways,i'm really in no mood to get into one of this your 'stay virtous' tirades.It's a beautiful summer mornin,on my way out to get mine so go get yours.
I have told you times out-numbered; study english language well so as not to descend into the gutters and in output splash gabbage on yourself. Replying a post is optionally compulsory; do make choice where it demands.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by akwaowoudo(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2010
Onchedu:

Abi na U be the husband?
My humble plea is for you to stop flexing muscle with Mr. Cold. We can now attest to his educational standard. And i have to opine as well that Mr. Cold is financially handicap to hire an interpreter to aid his understanding.

@ Mr. Cold
This is the price one pays for being unlettered.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Onchedu(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2010
Busy_body:

Ouch that was cold, cold, cold, chillingly and icily at that too, ouch cheesy

Onchedu is right, grammatically and otherwise, he was addressing the thread title and OP's post generally, not the poster, Mrs S, who could be an unmarried poster, as far as he was concerned wink

Thanks for understanding what my intentions were in my response. wink
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by otukpo(f): 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2010
What a question.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by otukpo(f): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
Freedom to choose.
Let everyman/woman be free to choose.
Even if u choose for ur partner,
whatever he/she wants to do,
he/she will do.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by SisiKill1: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2010
Of course I'll choose his PA. . . after I've chosen  his female friends, chosen the kind of woman who walks on the street by his office, the ones he jams in the elevator, I'll also make the women in the restaurants he eats lunch at are ugly pimply faced women.

Since we'll be going to a church for only the ugly and disgusting, I won't have to worry about the women he associates with there.  Of course we would be living on an island, I won't have pick and choose the women he comes in contact with.

I'd advice all women to take a page from my book if they want to have a successful relationship.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by chinedumo(m): 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
this happens many a time- a woman trying to choose as much as possible the other women that come in contact with her husband. that is why u see ugly female house helps being employed in the home. so that the she will be dominant.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by pafegs(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
First of all choosing your Partner's assistant for whatever reason has to be an arrangement that is agreed by both parties. Nevertheless, it will only make sense if the purpose of this action can be achieved. But as long as the arrangement will not achieve that aim - whatever it is - , then you can be sure to be wasting efforts and time. Attraction comes in various ways, but what will stop evil from happening between this two close colleagues is having a Mind that does not attend to sin, and self-control (when tempted).

For me i will not bother doing that, and if my fiancee is interested in making a choice for me and i allow that, then i should also be willing to accept responsibility if her choice turns out to be a non-productive PA.
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by sophy09: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
@ Mrs siena

is that your pic in the profile?
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by MrsSiena1(f): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2010
sophy09:

@ Mrs siena

is that your pic in the profile?

Yes it is any probs?
Re: Would You Choose Your Partner's Personal Assistant? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2010
^^ Hey Mrs. S. How r u and Mr. S doing?

Hope u guys r cool! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Not Carry My 'load' ! ! ! / ''i Want Your Boxers'' / Is These Normal ? (ladies Only Pls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.