Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports (45150 Views)

Man Demands Refund Of N4.2M He Spent On His Girlfriend For Refusing To Marry Him / My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Police Officer And His Pretty Partner Ahead Of Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by spiritedtete: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Nightmareo07:

He is talking rubbish, he can't just quote N2m on her daughter if thats not traditionally the bride price in their village..
And i don't think there is anywhere bride price is up to 2M not even 500k.
The only thing that makes everything expensive is the things u buy for the party.
(Talking from numerous I have attended)
I think he is just trying to be funny , else he will marry his daughter himself. undecided

When they finish giving you list of rites... Apart from the party money.. Then you will be suprsied... I have seen Okada in a marriage list i have seen an SUV in marraige list even plot land. It's becoming a norm among the ibos and "crossriverians" this days.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by pansophist(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2018
I no go even pay bride price, talk more of buying a car for your greedy father. If no marry, then fck off. I'm the prize.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Owaincouncil: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2018
He should buy it and write at the driver door side or bonnet "DONATED BY HIS NAME(SON IN LAW)"
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Tozara(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
Of course na Igbo savages as usual na.. grin
Will you stop this tribalistic nonsense? Your moniker is an insult to the Yoruba people, you mischievous clown.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Tozara(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

[s]Had to laugh at this. grin grin grin

Freaking read my mind.
Sounds like a very igbotic thing to do.
And the woman will ALWAYS side with her family over the family she is supposed to be building together with you, while you pay for everything (talk'n `bout "its our culture" or some ish). Don't be surprised if she is probably the one who even suggested it to her father.

Fear igbo marriage ![/s]
Must you idiots pollute everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by pansophist(m): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

That word alone "You are capable" as her attempts at logic as to why he MUST do something is enough a reason to dump her.
That phrase can only be found in the vocabulary of a gold digger.

Thing is, It won't end there.
They will keep testing him in the future with bigger requests until they see him bankrupt.

Exactly. What she does is called shitt test. She is testing his boundaries and if he succumb, he has inadvertently established himself as weak and a pushover. The lady will keep shitt testing him until he reach his boundaries, which makes him less attractive in her eyes. If I were him, I'm calling the marriage off.

Men should learn to marry their class, love is not enough, compatibility triumph. I bet, his in law will make him poor with such attitude. I can only feel sorry for the brother for thinking with his heart not head.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Omoalaja99: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2018
Ol boy na to lock up in order to avoid lock down. Someone who's preparing for a wedding shouldn't be subjected to such na. Even if na Dangote pikin..The girl sef no try..A girl who has sense will shut down that demand immediately.. The man should thank his stars..Its a sign of what to come if he enters the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by bejeria101(m): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2018
Guy walk away! Let her marry her father. Nansense! He,s capable? Does he look like banky w to you?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by husbandsnatcha(f): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Bros... that tribe is surely cursed! grin grin
LZAA, ihmotep
cc mynd77 cc lalasticlaca...rule 1
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by chiscodedon(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2018
Believe twitter at your peril... Reading that supposed response from so called fiancee, can see the handwriting isn't that of a lady...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Tozara(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2018
Nightmareo07:

[s]I dont think there is any tribe as cursed as yoruba tribe..
Only in Yoruba land u will see in every family a gal as young as 16 having a baby or 2 in her papa house and everyone will take it normal. [/s]
Another fool. Everything in the universe is cursed, because it cannot escape its fate. The Yoruba people are cursed with glory and splendour. Bastards like you are cursed to die destitute moröns that will be buried on the dunghill without the dignity of a coffin.

Retärded idiots.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by jaxxy(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

That word alone "You are capable" as her attempts at logic as to why he MUST do something is enough a reason to dump her.
That phrase can only be found in the vocabulary of a gold digger.

Thing is, It won't end there.
They will keep testing him in the future with bigger requests until they see him bankrupt.

That word is a highly deceptive word used by ladies to lure guys into their shady demands. Lol

If the guy can do it within a comfortable time frame without so much inconvenience fine bt if not he shud wait it out the daughter and her dad will come back to their senses after he ignores them for better things.
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by bixton(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2018
Nightmareo07:

I'm tellin u the truth bro.
Ok let me not just exaggerate but 70% of every family that has a young gal with a baby.
Some abort it while some leave it,.

read a topic here today where a guy laments that his yoruba gf left her after 3 abortions s for him, when I saw the story I knew it could be yoruba gal, until I saw where he said shez from ogun..
An igbo gal cant be that dumb to conceive 3times for u when u HV no plans for marriage.

Its not a coincidence, An average Yoruba gal dont mind if u knot inside her. Just a little brain washing , they are too naive thats why they easily get pregnant.

Generalization is not a good thing.
If there's an average Yoruba gal, is there no average Igbo gal as well?

We all want to praise our tribe but there's no tribe that her people are without flaws.
Keep sentiments apart.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by consultancy: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2018
internet stories as usual
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Omoalaja99: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2018
[This is what is wrong with Nigeria. Instead if addressing the subject matter you're attributing it to a group of people...thats tribalism if you don't know and it has never helped anyone how much less you.]

When they finish giving you list of rites... Apart from the party money.. Then you will be suprsied... I have seen Okada in a marriage list i have seen an SUV in marraige list even plot land. It's becoming a norm among the ibos and "crossriverians" this days. [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by okomile(f): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2018
Greedy people.

My son's wife told me that her mother said we should bring all the things they wrote in the engagement list.

I simply told her that I will postpone the wedding for a year. This is to enable me afford what they requested.

Like joke, like joke, the father called me that I should bring whatever I can afford and we should not shift the date.

I ensured that everything listed was bought, I only reduced the numbers.

They got married on the 1st of September.

If they insist in the car, simply tell your gf and her father to give you two (2) years to save money and buy a car.

If you meet a reasonable lady, marry her grin

Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by tobystringz(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2018
Nightmareo07:

I dont think there is any tribe as cursed as yoruba tribe..
Only in Yoruba land u will see in every family a gal as young as 16 having a baby or 2 in her papa house and everyone will take it normal.
what is this one saying...get your facts right bro
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by ImaIma1(f): 10:51am On Sep 15, 2018
Instead of the girl to caution her father, she is encouraging the covertous attitude. Why can't her father buy a car for them as their wedding gift?

The guy should just know what he is getting himself into.
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Laurence1: 10:54am On Sep 15, 2018
This is some fabricated BS

And btw, I can almost swear that it's not an ibo family. because Nigerian's will be quick to give it the title "ibo father demands car as bride price"
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by AreaFada2: 10:54am On Sep 15, 2018
If true very odd.
But in 9ja absurd things have become normal. cool
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Junker007: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
ritylove:
And your supposed wife to be choosed to reply you via same twitter

that's whatsapp message snapshot
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Mankosi: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
This marriage is already heading to brick walls
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Tozara(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
CSTR1005:

when the woman are as cheap as a wrap of amala.

That is a virtue according to them grin
I thought you were enlightened? You don't fight stupidity with stupidity. There's no difference between two tribalistic idiots.

The one who started it is just as stupid and retårded as the one reacting in kind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by rayobaba(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
If am d man, l won't marry her again even if na 2weeks to d wedding. Shameless in-law.
Daughter and father wl dry Ur milk and u wl be d one fuelling and repairing dt car directly or indirectly.
Be wise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Oshin56(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2018
Some families and poverty are like water and garri which can never be separate when mixed together
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by Cockyguy11: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2018
Fabricated, shitty story. Thunder fire the writer of this nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by poseidon12: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2018
And the fool still wants to go on with his plans to marry this lady? Some Nigerian men are something else. This should be a red flag right there.
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by buzorcharles(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2018
FALLING In love with the wrong person. Tell her u ain't doing it. If she like let her call it off
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by rayobaba(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2018
Me can't even love a girl more than she loves me. Dts wen u have Ur brain intact.
Obinnau:
This is what you get when it's the guy that's over loving the girl. She uses you to play tem tem
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by rayobaba(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2018
Not when she already has poverty mentality. Girls like dt never change. U can't format their brain. They are system files.
chiommy123:
If this is true I think he should talk/ explain to his wife she is in a better position to speak to her daddy to take things easy with her man.
Re: Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports by poseidon12: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

Had to laugh at this. grin grin grin

Freaking read my mind.
Sounds like a very igbotic thing to do.
And the woman will ALWAYS side with her family over the family she is supposed to be building together with you, while you pay for everything (talk'n `bout "its our culture" or some ish). Don't be surprised if she is probably the one who even suggested it to her father.
Fear igbo marriage !

So much hate towards the hard working, progressive Igbos from the lazy, barbaric, envious and ugly ones whose matrimonial dream is to hook up with an Igbo wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Ex Is About Getting Married But She Still Loves Me / Update On Zimbabwean Man Who Sneaked Into Hospital Ward & Had Sex With Sick Wife / When She Likes You But Still Playing Hard To Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.