Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? (84144 Views)

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by AK481(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
Gamesmart:

What industry?

What job title?
HR
FMCG
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
AK481:

HR
FMCG

CHR or Head of dept or Senior Mgr?
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by ruboy(m): 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
P&G
vision202020:

Which company?
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
Gamesmart:

Shut up I go siddon.

Lying idiot that claimed he saw bonus paid on "job offer letter". grin grin grin grin grin

You know what. I'm an idiot. You are so right. No company pays 1.6m to entry level grad. I made all of that up.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Admitwithschola: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2018
grin
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Admitwithschola: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
SarakiBukola:
$10,000 ....na USD ooo.

He was 34, at the peak of the dollar crisis was raking in like 5 million Naira

Open secret : United Nations pay very well wink

Yeah, they pay quite well and the benefits, as I heard, are great..

But BIS pays even more, and life in Geneva, as I heard, is more plush than in NY..

One "easy way" to earn a good salary (even top 5% salary in UK/America/anywhere in the world): Study mathematics/physics/comp sc/any quantitative course (4 years), make a high CGPA (anything above 4.5. The closer to 5, the better), go to Stanford and do a MSc (2 years) or PhD (5 years) in math, physics, finance or economics...In total, you spend maximum of 10-11 years. Assuming you started BSc at 17, in 11 years, you're 28.

Join Google or any of those tech firms, or join a hedge fund (rentec) if you're lucky or other financial services.. Work for 5 years. At 33, you will be taking home a total compensation of around $25K per month.

Am I being realistic? Yes, I'm. I know of boys and girls earning this and more.

Are there other ways to make it? Yes, there. Ball, sports, entertainment, etc. Dem many. But as a book person, I focus the returns some people get on their educational effort!

Note - this does not apply to naija oo..No firm will pay a 33 year old person $25K per month. That na about 9.5million. That was my 3-4 years salary when I was working at a good place in naija.. Naija no easy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by AK481(m): 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
Gamesmart:

CHR or Head of dept or Senior Mgr?

Bia are you trying to investigate me?

Manage the information you already have before thunder go fire you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by dyydxx: 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by dyydxx: 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2018
Admitwithschola:

But BIS pays even more, and life in Geneva, as I heard, is more plush than in NY..

One "easy way" to earn a good salary (even top 5% salary in UK/America/anywhere in the world): Study mathematics/physics/comp sc/any quantitative course (4 years), make a high CGPA (anything above 4.5. The closer to 5, the better), go to Stanford and do a MSc (2 years) or PhD (5 years) in math, physics, finance or economics...In total, you spend maximum of 10-11 years. Assuming you started BSc at 17, in 11 years, you're 28.

Join Google or any of those tech firms, or join a hedge fund (rentec) if you're lucky or other financial services.. Work for 5 years. At 33, you will be taking home a total compensation of around $25K per month.

Are there other ways to make it? Yes, there. Ball, sports, entertainment, etc. Dem many. But as a book person, I focus the returns some people get on their educational effort!

Note - this does not apply to naija oo..No firm will pay a 33 year old person $25K per month. That na about 9.5million. That was my 3-4 years salary when I was working at a good place in naija.. Naija no easy.

most realistic route so far.This is a US/UK or EU route. The only question I want to ask is you know a US phd takes almost 5 years. If you are on an F1 visa will one's wife be able to work?
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by darkelf: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
AK481:

HR
FMCG

Hahahaha.

This is a lie. HR (not in O&G oooo). But in fmcg. Guy common

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Admitwithschola: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
Catastrophe1:
My humble self #750k monthly.

This is a really nice salary in Nigeria. How many years work experience do you have? Which industry is this?
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
AK481:

Bia are you trying to investigate me?

Manage the information you already have before thunder go fire you.

This is why I asked you for clarity.

darkelf:

Hahahaha.

This is a lie. HR (not in O&G oooo). But in fmcg. Guy common

I don't think you saying "a Head of Department at an FCMG made X million" would in anyway expose who the person is or help identify you.

I really don't understand the whole level of CIA secrecy some of you think you require.

It really is not that hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Admitwithschola: 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
dyydxx:

most realistic route so far.This is a US/UK or EU route. The only question I want to ask is you know a US phd takes almost 5 years. If you are on an F1 visa will one's wife be able to work?

Officially: "Children on an F2 can attend school but a spouse on an F2 can not work or study." UK used to give the spouse of a student permit to work. I don't know if this is still true. It was true 3 years ago. To overcome this hurdle, people often have their spouses apply for admissions and when they get admitted and get the F1, they can work for a limited time..

Yes, 5 years or 6 years, but you equally do not need an MSc...So, UK: 1-2 year MSc plus 3-4 years PhD. US: No need for MSc, at least for many courses; 5-6 years PhD. But I reckon the BSc needs to be nice.

If you have small salary in Nigeria, you're in your 20's and you have a nice BSc in a competitive area, then it's a risk worth taking - even if you don marry.. But you need to get into a nice program otherwise, things can hard when you finish..

If you have more questions, ask.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2018
Admitwithschola:

I agree with this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by dyydxx: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
Admitwithschola:

Officially: "Children on an F2 can attend school but a spouse on an F2 can not work or study." UK used to give the spouse of a student permit to work. I don't know if this is still true. It was true 3 years ago. To overcome this hurdle, people often have their spouses apply for admissions and when they get admitted and get the F1, they can work for a limited time..

Yes, 5 years or 6 years, but you equally do not need an MSc...So, UK: 1-2 year MSc plus 3-4 years PhD. US: No need for MSc, at least for many courses; 5-6 years PhD. But I reckon the BSc needs to be nice.

If you have small salary in Nigeria, you're in your 20's and you have a nice BSc in a competitive area, then it's a risk worth taking - even if you don marry.. But you need to get into a nice program otherwise, things can hard when you finish..

If you have more questions, ask.

I think the UK is still true, the problem with the UK is the cost.....they are more fully funded Phds in the US than the Uk. So you are saying the only work around is wifey also getting her own F1 in the states. This is the best route for guys just coming up here.

Most of the salaries quoted here are just lies. Any salary above N1m per month the person has to be a manager I believe or at least C-level executive in Naija. Anybody claiming to make 12m monthly in naija and not annually probably is a successful business man/entrepreneur. I find it hard to believe even a naija CEO is making that monthly

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Sillyprofits(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
Admitwithschola:

Lol. U don't need to spend so much years in school to earn high with Google.

Besides that...
I see some comments here and I laff at the level of reality so many people have.

If you see making 1 to 2 mil per month as 'impossible' then you need to change your circle of friends.

Probably invest in yourself and learn a skill.

Like.. in my industry you can't even boost of making 1 to 2 mil per month as it's so common these days (if you know what you're doing)

Just dey ur lane. And don't forget that some comments here are definitely made up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by OneCallAway: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
you looking for someone to rob?
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by spankyflex(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
Gamesmart:

Go siddon and stop making nonsense claims, child.
the company is NLNG in bonny

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Turkeelex:

lol this one is probably sick or suffering from mental disorder......
Sit there and be doing "my month of unlimited favour" around. People earn twice that self. That's some northern state monthly FAAC allocation. It is all about what you have to offer the person or entity you work for. Some engineer have potential to earn their employers some 12m USD extra per month and it is only wise such an employer offers a decent percentage of that in salary.
Not everybody is an accountant doing boring repetitive excel work and waiting for their month of favour to arrive. Some people carry potential to create enormous amount of wealth and they know it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by spankyflex(m): 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
Turkeelex:

lol i swear the nigga has mental issues
una never know anything.Ask around what entry level in NLNG earns. Na arm robber salary .Even technicians there earn nothing less than 700k monthly.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by spankyflex(m): 10:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
iyimide:
I personally earn 440,000 NGN weekly working for a canadian NGO here in Nigeria.
boss can I pm u? I looking into venturing into international NGOs. I have experience in monitoring and evaluation. Thanks
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
Admitwithschola:

God bless u. People don't think in terms of what they have to offer their employers in Nigeria. There are engineers who earn as high as 6m USD per month on contract of few years.
They can earn that because they carry the knowledge required to create a dangerous amount of wealth. Employers outside Nigeria are generous with salary as long as you can justify it in value.
Most people here are law or accounting graduates who probably passed through one overcrowded uni and think their degree will do the magic of a N350k job for them.
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by sagbar(m): 12:25am On Sep 17, 2018
13,500usd per month- country manager (Nigeria) of an OEM (Telecoms) headquartered in America. I saw the employment letter with my korokoro eyes.
Interview was done in US (all expenses paid by the company). This guy has moved to another company as a Director in another OEM (I know must earn x2 now).
Best way to earn high is to get a foreign company to work with in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Mac2016(m): 4:03am On Sep 17, 2018
Gamesmart:

What industry?

What rank?
O&G
Project Manager (Head of Project team)
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 5:59am On Sep 17, 2018
spankyflex:
the company is NLNG in bonny

Nigerian public company pays an executive N1bn in bonuses?

Really?

The guy is a slowpoke!
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Ladipodeal: 6:31am On Sep 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Feeding it was the easy part as they eat almost anything. The hard part was keeping its house clean. Sawdust easily solved this and I could get sawdust from the sawmill and carpenters around almost free.

t.

Guy feeding pig is the difficult part of the biz. Pigs are garbage in garbage out, if you don't feed them they add no weight/flesh. Don't forget sales is based on weight.

If you planning piggery be prepared to feed them well for fast ROI
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by spankyflex(m): 6:39am On Sep 17, 2018
Gamesmart:

Nigerian public company pays an executive N1bn in bonuses?

Really?

The guy is a slowpoke!
y not do your own research before insulting the guy. I know peeps working there and their salaries are extremely huge.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Butterflyleo: 6:55am On Sep 17, 2018
Ladipodeal:

Guy feeding pig is the difficult part of the biz. Pigs are garbage in garbage out, if you don't feed them they add no weight/flesh. Don't forget sales is based on weight.

If you planning piggery be prepared to feed them well for fast ROI

I was referring to when I began and not now. I didn't feed them garbage. It basically ate what I gave it but of course no crap. It was an investment I had plans for and taking care of it was a must.

I know all about pigs now but had to start at the level I did when I began with one.

Read to understand please

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2018
spankyflex:
y not do your own research before insulting the guy. I know peeps working there and their salaries are extremely huge.

[size=28pt]N1bn bonus!!![/size]

In a public company?

What facts am I going to check out?

Are you on drugs?

You can even believe multinational pays its executives 30 ashewos as part of their bonus package too.

Nonsense!
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by spankyflex(m): 8:33am On Sep 17, 2018
Gamesmart:

[size=28pt]N1bn bonus!!![/size]

In a public company?

What facts am I going to check out?

Are you on drugs?

You can even believe multinational pays its executives 30 ashewos as part of their bonus package too.

Nonsense!
Why are you venting your frustration on me? since you have blocked your myopic mind from accepting facts. keep wallowing in your ignorance. am done replying a close minded fellow. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2018
If you think most people are just throwing figures around, it means you don't know Nigerians. Many millionaires hide themselves, not until you see their bank account. One millionaire I know, wears flip-flops to his business when it rains, forget.
Re: What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:36am On Sep 17, 2018
airsaylongcon:

You know what. I'm an idiot. You are so right. No company pays 1.6m to entry level grad. I made all of that up.

I think it takes a lot of depth for some people to stretch their minds enough to accept certain truths.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

American Military Training Is As Inhuman As That Of Nigerian Army- Pictures / Dry Cleaner Returns Money He Found In A Client's Pocket (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Joins The US Army (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.