Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu (46578 Views)

If I Don't Give You Constant Electricity, Don't Vote For Me For 2nd Term- Tinubu / My Supporters Urge Me To Lead Them To APC — Gbenga Daniel / Why I Kicked Against My Wife’s Third Term — TINUBU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by nairavsdollars(f): 6:55am On Sep 15, 2018
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is currently in a dilemma over the fate of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode who is seeking a second term in office as Governor of Lagos State.

Sources said while Tinubu, after entreaties from many prominent Nigerians which include President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice-president President, Yemi Osinbajo, religious leaders and monarchs said he has forgiven Ambode, he added that his foot soldiers in the Mandate Group, the most influential political group in the state are insisting they have had enough of the governor.

According to sources, Tinubu met Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the APC in Abuja on Thursday over the fate of the embattled governor.

Oshiomhole, it was reported appealed to Tinubu to consider the negative impact the political crisis in Lagos state will have on the fortunes of the party in the forthcoming general election, saying it will be a disaster if APC loses Lagos to the opposition.

" Oshiomhole told Tinubu to forgive Ambode of whatever offence he may have committed. He said the timing is wrong given the fact that the general elections is just few months away".

" However in his response, Tinubu pointedly told Oshiomhole that while he has forgiven the governor, his loyalists and party elders are insisting that there is no going back on their resolution not to renew Ambode's mandate".

" Tinubu said without the party leaders in Lagos, he himself is nothing and therefore he cannot afford to go against their wishes".

Also yesterday, Babajide Sanwoolu, a governorship aspirant on the platform of the APC in Lagos State said Tinubu will not ask him to step down for Governor Akinwunmi Ambode

Addressing a press conference in Watercress Hotel, Ikeja, Sanwoolu said Tinubu is a true democrat who will not impose anyone on Lagosians, adding that it is the reason he canvassed for direct primaries where all party members will have a say in who governs them.

He said that he is the race to give Lagosians proper representation and improve on the things on ground.

"Your question is if my national leader asks me to back down, what will I do? You see, I really don't know which side of the divide you want us to stay".

" Sometimes, people will say this man (Tinubu) is imposing and that he is not allowing aspirants to come out, that there is no internal democracy but this man (Tinubu) is a democrat, he will allow democracy to rule and thrive".

"My aspiration has nothing to do with an individual, my national leader is my national leader. He is our national leader, his passion is about Nigeria and not Lagos alone".

"The movement we have started is participatory democracy and so, there is no basis for it (for Tinubu urging him to drop his ambition). He (Tinubu) being a democrat, will allow the process to go on without any rancour".

"On September 25, by the grace of God the entire APC delegates will vote for Babajide Sanwo-Olu as the governorship candidate to represent them in the 2019 general elections" .

On the Mandate group who is his major backer, "Mandate is not a political party, it is not only Mandate that we are pushing, it is assumed that you have to come out from a particular house, territory".

"I will not be a governor for Lagos Island or Lagos Central, I will be governor for Lagos State. We will ensure we have a participatory government, we will ensure that we listen to you, so that you are included in the things we want to do differently for the people" he said.
https://independent.ng/i-will-not-p-4-back-down-for-ambode-sanwo-olu/

3 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by chiefolododo(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode should join any party , he will still win. Tinubu and his men ( I know one of them is aregbesola) are not happy with ambode because he doesn't settle them. Imagine a sitting governor wants to be settled by another sitting governor. this is Injustice. you want me to feed you with my state resources? when I am not foolish. LAGOS STATE REJOICE! FOR YOU DELIVERANCE IS NEAR. YOUR DELIVERANCE FROM THE EVIL POWER HOLDING YOU BACK IS NEAR

291 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by JudasNaCarrot: 7:06am On Sep 15, 2018
The stage is set for the total destruction and annihilation of the evil Jan'jaweed, terrorist,satanic and super corrupt APC, starting from their pride and stronghold....Lagos.

Whoever the gods want to kill they first make mad.....Tinubu is already mad.

Anything that will bring this wicked wall of Jericho down is a welcome development.

APC is a sinking ship....it must go down by fire by force so that Nigeria and Nigerians can be free.

183 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Olalan(m): 7:07am On Sep 15, 2018
All about their own selfish interests

25 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Sunnymatey(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2018
Tinubu should go and die

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by aolawale025: 7:10am On Sep 15, 2018
Tinubu isn't sincere at all

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by kernel001: 7:11am On Sep 15, 2018
While Yorubas has the highest thief in the land, in the name of Tinubu, yet they love him, but shout Saraki and Atiku, hate Deltans for supporting James Ibori, they are all the same people, criminals, looters.

Awolowo, we Igbos may hate him, but he showed love to his people, by offering them free education, he gave hope to millions of Westerners, what's Tinubu legacy?

What's Tinubu's legacy?

242 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by shreder(m): 7:11am On Sep 15, 2018
So dis man still get supporters?!,chei

9 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by iammo(m): 7:15am On Sep 15, 2018
ambode should fight back, tinubu became a force to reckon with only by fighting hard against PDP and obasanjo, against all odds. this is the only time ambode has to prove himself, and get national recognition for either strength or weakness, for either begging or fighting. Adedibu held more powers over Oyo state but slowly he was demystified. people like shekarau, kwankwaso, fayemi and fayose never had their second terms immediately because they decided to fight hard

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by deboysben(m): 7:16am On Sep 15, 2018
Sanwo Olu 2019

Ambode should go and sidon

Tinubu is our leader

Any were he say we should go so shall we
Cos lagos is in the hands of the Almighty - NgeneUkwenu

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by chiefolododo(m): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
The stage is set for the total destruction and annihilation of the evil Jan'jaweed, terrorist,satanic and super corrupt APC, starting from their pride and stronghold....Lagos.

Whoever the gods want to kill they first make mad.....Tinubu is already mad.

Anything that will bring this wicked wall of Jericho down is a welcome development.

APC is a sinking ship....it must go down by fire by force so that Nigerian and Nigerians can be free.
mark my words, APC will lose in Osun State

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by CilicMarin: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode, don't listen to the pigs, they will simply kill your political career, as the did to
Jonathan
Fayose
Oliseh Metuh,
Nnamdi Cownu,
Dino Melaye
Tompolo,
Jimi Agbaje,
And a host of other victims.

Their tactics is purely based on emotions, empty chest beating, disrespecting party leaders, playing the religious and ethnic cards and online valueless support.

So don't fall for it. Continue to beg Tinubu, till he backs down, if not, simply withdraw from the race and support whoever the people choose as their candidate.

Moreover, you were a political nobody in 2014, when you were chosen and handed over to the mandate group, who worked for your victory...so don't bite the fingers that fed you.

Grace!

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Sharpshooota: 7:19am On Sep 15, 2018
deboysben:
Sanwo Olu 2019

Ambode should go and sidon

Tinubu is our leader

Any were he say we should go so shall we
Cos lagos is in the hands of Tinubu

Zombies are walking dead

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by patogist: 7:19am On Sep 15, 2018
Tinubu is a problem in this country. He thinks he will be the APC 2023 flagbearer. In his widest dream. I see madness on him.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by dingbang(m): 7:24am On Sep 15, 2018
cheesy tinubu should go and retire

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by dmangodwin(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2018
If Ambode don't get Apc ticket If he should just join Pdp otedola even as running mate.And their is a way Otedola can drop the governorship ticket to him, then Apc will be in a very hot soup. Because it's Ambode Lagosian know.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Racoon(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2018
Tinubu is still the finger behind Ambode's travails.He is still fighting him by proxy using his boys.APC is seriously gambling with Lagos.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Earn a side income that can pay you for a lifetime. Membership closes soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/4724642/fundamental-trading-weekly-trade-setups#71061178
Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by femi4: 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
It will happen..Over your dead body

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Mankosi: 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Forgiven him for what? What did he do? He should let us know or is it that he didn't give u the amount u guys agreed on after he resume as governor? We need to know because I am sure their beef no pass money matter.

36 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by KenOne: 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Oshiomhole is a hypocrite why beg Tinubu to allow Ambode did Tinubu say he'll stop him from contesting rather he'll not support him.

But in the other hand you're saying no more god fatherism that direct primaries will eliminate it, but you still want Tinubu to decide who becomes the governor of Lagos state.

Good to know that you're gradually falling out with Godwin Obaseki your successor.

Where did all his initial gragra took him to, you want to be praised and seen as a no nonsense man you started by disparaging governors, ministers and party leaders in their various state as if only you can get PMB re-elected.

After 2019 election when the governors and ministers will hit the hammer on Oshiomhole you'll see him humble again moving from house to house of governors, Akeredolu, Mohammed Bello, Yahaya Bello, Masari, El Rufai, Bindow, Bagudu, Baru, Fayemi, Amaechi, Ngige and other ministers to save his job like he did when it was obvious Oyegun will be returned by the governors and ministers until PMB asked him not to recontest.

Keep using the senators from each state to fight the governors and ministers because governors are leaders in their state and ministers leaders in states without an APC governor.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by gaby(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Continue to play a god when you don't know if you'd even witness the primaries.

Not wishing you bad, but I would have expected you to have learnt by now, due to life experiences, how life is truly not predictable.

It wasn't long ago that you lost your son. I also hope you haven't forgotten the Abachas, MKOs and the Abubakars from Kogi.

Let humility and service to humanity without the greed it attracts always lead.

This is the true character of a selfless leader.

Enjoy my siggy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
See wahala and greediness

3 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by coolestchris(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2018
tinubu just think he has the final say concerning election in Nigeria.
But all I can say is that Nigerians will vote me to be president of Nigeria come 2019

5 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Sterope(f): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2018
Amode has bitten more than he can chew.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by stano2(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2018
Ok
Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by moscobabs(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2018
chiefolododo:
Ambode should join any party , he will still win. Tinubu and his men ( I know one of them is aregbesola) are not happy with ambode because he doesn't settle them. Imagine a sitting governor wants to be settled by another sitting governor. this is Injustice. you want me to feed you with my state resources? when I am not foolish

Did u confirm this?

1 Like

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by omooba969(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2018
These guys are not acting in the interest of the people.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by sureheaven(m): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode really goofed on many occasions. Heard he is too stingy. He doesn’t recognizes the pasty’s elders in the state.

Tinubu is an idol in Lagos state, his wish will always be the final.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by SimplePlan34: 7:35am On Sep 15, 2018
So surprising to see ppl who hailed Ambode now calling for his head just because d jagaban has fallen out with him. Goes to show that no matter what happens majority will still follow tinubu even if d opposing side is on d right track. Ambode was the first governor to try to eradicate d agberos in Lagos by the new bus transit system but jagaban knows without his agberos his grip on Lagos will be lost. But back to the issue at hand. My fellow Yoruba brothers are now practicing blind followership. Even if it goes against progress. It's a regression in the path to evolution. I observe that all that made d south west tick over the past decade is gradually been lost. All major indices we had we are loosing to the competition. From education to enterprise entrepreneurship. Our path is now similar to that of the northerns who follow blindly by religion. Ours is by ideology but a weak ideology about having lagos. But I say it's laziness. Laziness to look beyond Lagos. And it's economic position in Nigeria. I pray it doesn't get too late before we realize, epically we the Christians in South west.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Nathdoug(m): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2018
AMBODE SHOULD FIGHT IT OUT WITH TINUBU
TINUBU OWN DON TOO MUCH SELF
WHICH FUCKING SUPPORTTER

9 Likes

Re: I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu by Abeyjide: 7:35am On Sep 15, 2018
you be God ni? ordinary human being.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nimet Lists States To Experience Heavy Rainfall In Next Three Days / NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies / Lawyer Ejiofor: 'Nnamdi Kanu Was Abducted, Tortured & Beaten In Kenya'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.