Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter (9796 Views)

Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) / Lagos State List Of Books For Jsss3 Literature (bece) / Speed Reading Techniques: How To Read Faster And Comprehend Better (in 60 Min.) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2018
“ No amount of guilt can solve the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future. ” ― Anonymous
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2018
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought. ” ― Matsuo Basho

1 Like

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others. ” ― Brian Tracy

2 Likes

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
“ Learning never exhausts the mind. ” ― Leonardo da Vinci

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by DavidTheGeek: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2018
HARDDON:
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought. ” ― Matsuo Basho
Hmmmmmm! Deep.

1 Like

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
Though the monkey and gorilla may claim oneness, the money is monkey and gorilla, gorilla
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ” ― Rumi
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
Happiness doesn't result from what we get, but from what we give. ” ― Ben Carson
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. ” ― J. M. Barrie
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. ” ― Rumi

Have your face focussed on the sunshine, the shadow of fear and doubt of the unknown would fall behind you.... Sense Pill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
It always seems impossible until it is done. ― Nelson Mandela
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
IMPOSSIBILITY IS Nothing but the wish of the human mind, rather, not to think. Not to dabble into the unknown and shake the reality of change!
.....Quite Quill Quotes( Don)

Impossible was, once upon a time,
1. Heavier-than-air flight
2. Space flight
3. Harnessing nuclear energy
4. Warm superconductors
5. Black holes
6. Creating force fields
7. Invisibility
8. Teleportation
9.Meteorites come from space
10. Analysing stars

Today, they have all been achieved.

Impossible is nothing...

3 Likes

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. ” ― Rabindranath Tagore
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by Nostradamus: 12:14am On Nov 16, 2018
HARDDON:
IMPOSSIBILITY IS Nothing but the wish of the human mind, rather, not to think. Not to dabble into the unknown and shake the reality of change!
.....Quite Quill Quotes( Don)

Impossible was, once upon a time,
1. Heavier-than-air flight
2. Space flight
3. Harnessing nuclear energy
4. Warm superconductors
5. Black holes
6. Creating force fields
7. Invisibility
8. Teleportation
9.Meteorites come from space
10. Analysing stars

Today, they have all been achieved.

Impossible is nothing...
are you really sure that invincibility and teleportation has been achieved?
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
1. Convention makes no room for Creativity

....Myles Monroe

2. Do not fit in when you were born to stand out
....Don

3. To the lion, it's small size notwithstanding, the elephant with it's huge size is a meal.
To the elephant, the lion is to be feared.

It's all a function of the mind! Therefore, it is not how Intelligent, huge or tall. It is the state of the mind that matters.
No, the Bible is not wrong.... As he thinketh, so is he

.....Don
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by FreeSpirited: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
HARDDON:
Luckily, I gained this insight a long time ago while I was in High School. And boy! How grateful I am!

I'm not an English master, so I cannot teach you.... The only thing I can do for you, is recommend good books that have helped me in this reading journey. Hopefully, after today, someone's academic and general reading life would spiral to the high heavens.

The list of book, in that particular order, I would recommend are:

1. How to read better and faster by Norman Lewis
2. How to study by Ron Fry
3. How to develop a perfect memory by Dominic O'Brien
4. Power up your mind by Bill Lucas
5. Power of your Subconscious mind by Joseph Morphy

Start with the first one, make sure you take all the activities. You would be glad you did! Call it my Sunday blessing to you!

Wise readers read with these three core goals : blazing reading speed, assimilation and retention

Why waste 3hours, with scraggy assimilation, on a book you can use 30mins to cover and understand even better?

SENSE PILL:
READING IS SO MUCH FUN WHEN YOU READ THE RIGHT WAY

Rich Regards
Don
I stumbled on this by chance. Thank you for the book list. I just downloaded all 5 books now. I've always wanted to increase my reading speed so as to devour more books in real time. I'm a poor reader, though has inordinate fancy for book and knowledge. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by ajog1: 2:31am On Jul 16, 2019
FreeSpirited:
I stumbled on this by chance. Thank you for the book list. I just downloaded all 5 books now. I've always wanted to increase my reading speed so as to devour more books in real time. I'm a poor reader, though has inordinate fancy for book and knowledge. Thanks.
How were you able to download the books? Guide me through please.
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by FreeSpirited: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2019
ajog1:

How were you able to download the books? Guide me through please.
Okay

Use this e-book downloading site below. I use it a lot. And just type the name of the book, or the author, or both. It brings thousands of book and the one u requested. N.B not all book are PDF file, u may have to download different kind of reader to access some non PDF files

https://b-ok.cc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by ajog1: 7:50am On Jul 17, 2019
FreeSpirited:
Okay

Use this e-book downloading site below. I use it a lot. And just type the name of the book, or the author, or both. It brings thousands of book and the one u requested. N.B not all book are PDF file, u may have to download different kind of reader to access some non PDF files

https://b-ok.cc
That's a heck of a resource you just shared. Thanks bud!

1 Like

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by FreeSpirited: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
ajog1:
That's a heck of a resource you just shared. Thanks bud!
You're welcome man!

1 Like

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
Books Resource:
1. pdfdrive dot com is a great resource to get books without daily limitations

2. Anybook app ( download from playstore)

more coming through

1 Like

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 11:24am On May 31, 2020
At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent. ” ― Barbara Bush
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 11:26am On May 31, 2020
“ Knock, And He'll open the door. Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun. Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens. Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything. ” ― Rumi
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by dasnan(m): 1:09pm On May 31, 2020
Reading is fun, but cares of life often make us refrain from that...
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by seunsegun475: 1:34pm On May 31, 2020
Alright
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by Kalatium(m): 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
I have read some Great books and i will like to share it here:

Unlimited power Anthony Robbins

The power of now Eckert Tollle

Power up your mind

Power of positive thinking

Maximum Achievement Brian Tracy

Your greatest power J. Martin Kohe

The secret door to success

How successful people think

The Game of life and how to play it

Secret of the ages Robert Collier

48 laws of power

33 strategies of war, Mastery

The 50th law by Robert Green

Tools of the titans

Power of subconscious mind

The Cheat code

What's your genius

The subtle art of not giving a Bleep mark Manson

How to live 365 days a year Dr Schindler

The 5 second rule

The power of concentration

As a man thinketh James Allen

Positive Mental Attitude

How to win friends and influence people Dale Carnegie

The art of public speaking Dale Carnegie

Gifted hands and think big books by Ben Carson

The magic of thinking big David Schwartz

The richest man in Babylon

Rich dad poor dad Robert kiyosaki

Why A student work for C student

The art of money Getting P. T. Barnum

Think and grow rich Napoleon Hill

Millioniare mindsets

The end of poverty Jeffrey sachs

Blue ocean strategy W. Chang

How rich people think Steve Siebold

Automatic millionaire

Build wealth like a billionaire

Secret of millionaire mind T. Harv Eker

The entrepreneur mind

Millionaire Fastlane

The subtle art of not giving a Bleep by Mark Manson

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. ” ― E. M. Forster

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 28, 2020
I perform poorly on this aspect, Been on a book of 410 page for a whole fvcking month.
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by GeneralKoko(m): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
HARDDON:
An awesome Sunday to all you!

This was first posted on my Dating Drills' thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2893475/dating-drills-guys-only/207#71255541 ) as a privileged info to those who follow me therein but staying true to my life's goal of moulding minds , empowering lives and bringing glory to God therewith, I decided to create a special thread for it here.

Hopefully, this would distroy the faulty foundation we had about books, inculcate the culture of books into all minds, librates you all from the African mentality of not appreciating the beauty of books and open your minds' eyes to the power/fun/wealth/wisdom and eternal grace books bring.

For he is immortal that ravel in the aura of books.... Don.

We would discuss
1. The benefits of Books
2. Unravel why Africans don't like books
3. And then recommend some timeless books that can make reading fun, remove the laborious airs associated with books , improve your reading , assimilation and retention speed thereby making you well rounded and grounded

READING IS REALLY FUN!

BENEFITS OF READING

1. It makes you stand out in your chosen field or in life generally. You become an authority/consultant in your world. Men seek to hear you speak like Solomon, wisdom drips off your lips as hearts get elated, minds challenged and lifted, life impacted and destinies remolded

2. You Become creative with mountain of ideas to draw from as John C. Maxwell, in How successful people think, puts it.
creativity is nothing but the aggregation of knowledge that helps you postulate a new wine or improve on an existing one( Don)

3. Reading keeps you young because it exercises the mind.
To grow muscles, we hit the gym but to grow our mental muscles, we must read books! As you read, you feed the mind which in turn keeps you young.

He is old, no matter how young, that takes no pleasure in the blessed worlds of books ( Don)

4. Books help you to proffer solutions to the numerous challenges of life as they pop up. Knowledge does not exist in space. Even science fiction draws inspiration from reality. And what was science fiction yesterday, quickly transforms into reality today! To think outside the box, you must know what the box contains first. The only way to do that? Well you already know.

5. It makes you a Leader. A leader is not one that ocupies an office, a leader is one who has answers to the WHY Question while every other person is battling with the HOW question.
Readers are Leaders in all sphere of human endeavours.
They are able to see into the future and guide men into it gallantly. They are always one step ahead of the game.

6. Books are the best ways to tap into and rob minds with men you might never meet. Understand their ways and sharpen your blades.

7. They make an author out of you whether you were born for it or not. Blessed with a sonorous gift of the gab, you can't but dazzled in glitz and glamour.

8. Excel in life: you tend to Ace all the lil huddles education throws your way.

9. Win friends, influence people and have a very Broad picture of the world.

10. You become transgenerational like Daniel in the Bible that served in 4 regimes.. " I Daniel understood by the books... "

These are the core benefits of books.

If you are not Italian you are abusing the word DON
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by BrainRider: 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
Op thanks.
This is really eye opening
You just inspired me to keep striking hard and harder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by xxxXXXxxx: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
This is great!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Life isn't about getting and having, it is about giving and being ______Kelvin Kruse

You don't become rich by taking but by giving ______David Ibiyeomie

this is one secret of the rich( set up foundations to touch humanity and give to charity) and value books( knowledge and new innovative/creative information)

but the poor mind, that don't know the secret to wealth keeps going around begging, seeking from whom they might collect and not having regards for knowledge.

Jesus, in Luke 4:18 said; The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has annoited me to PREACH the Gospel to the POOR, he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captive, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised .

from the above verse, what the poor really needs is quality information that can help him come out of poverty, not arms. So go for knowledge at all cost and by all means.

The only proof of love is giving. For God so LOVED the world, he GAVE his ONLY (most precious) begotten Son Jesus.

_____David Ibiyeomie

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC / Which University Offers Hospitality And Tourism Mgt In Nigeria? / Neco exams suspended or shifted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.