Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,415 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Prenups Would You Still Get - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Prenups Would You Still Get (6215 Views)

Only Bums Hate Prenups! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2018
LivingFree:

At least his conditions will be serious grin

It's only hungry men who live paycheck to paycheck who shout upandan for prenups. I'd play along to feed my curiosity, see how much he 'values' me grin

Then I'd scribble all over the contract like a child and walk out!

You know a female who is loosing an argument her rebuttals no longer start to make sense.

Obviously that's the other way round

3 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Pusyiter(m): 9:09am On Sep 21, 2018
Don't be perplexed. It is the simple truth
Our hearts are filled with hate even in marriages cry
MissRaine69:

Ok
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 21, 2018
2buffagain:

You know a female who is loosing an argument her rebuttals no longer start to make sense.

Obviously that's the other way round

Hunny, it ain't no argument here because we ain't getting married. Can I ask you though, what assets do YOU have to protect from your wife?
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
LivingFree:

Hunny, it ain't no argument here because we ain't getting married. Can I ask you though, what assets do YOU have to protect from your wife?

Like I would start blabbing about my assets in some faceless forum. You must think I suffer from the average Nigerian low-self-esteem/show-offy/Do-you-know-who-I-am mentality.

All my assets will be available to my Wife.
But you can be darn sure I will protect the heck out of them from an Ex-wife.
That is what a prenup is for.

It's like most of you women don't understand that when you become an EX, you have also lost privileges to benefit from certain perks.
Those benefits belong to someone else at that point.

3 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
An ex-wife can make claims to
1. Pension
2. Inheritence
3. Future earnings
3. Spousal support can be adjusted based on your earnings the more you earn the more she can demand
Those arguing this will never happen in Nigeria May I ask is Nigeria going to be an “island” forever? As Nigeria seeks more favourable recognition in the West there will be prerequisites made to accomodate such when it comes to the law especially family law. Nothing stays static this will be more common than most care to realise.

3 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2018
MissRaine69:
1. Pension
2. Inheritence
3. Future earnings
3. Spousal support can be adjusted based on your earnings the more you earn the more she can demand
Those arguing this will never happen in Nigeria May I ask is Nigeria going to be an “island” forever? As Nigeria seeks more favourable recognition in the West there will be prerequisites made to accomodate such when it comes to the law especially family law. Nothing stays static this will be more common than most care to realise.

All I can say is Thank you for this thread, I didn't see it earlier, I would have contributed more, Marriage is on its dying breaths, and the earlier people realise that, the better for them, if I had known what I know now, I won't have married, I still love my wife and cherish her, but honestly it takes ultimate sacrifice, hardworking, endurance and a lot more, for how long can either of us put in that effort, only time can tell,
Marriage is not about love it is about sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Kay17: 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2018
2buffagain:
If she doesn't sign, we can't wed. Simple matter that is not up for debate.

IMO Preparing and Signing a prenup should infact be a mandatory part of a marriage...as in BY LAW.

I doubt if it is enforceable in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by AlphaSoul: 12:15am On Apr 09, 2021
WizAkzy:
I won't even advise men to do anything that would make their relationship official and recogniseable by the law. Once you do, its becomes a legal contract which is always at the detriment of the man. Come on, with all that's happening right in our eyes, would you trust a woman not to one day leave you, take almost all the your assets and properties you have worked all your life to gather, throw you in jail by fabricating any stories her manipulative brain could think of, deny you access to your kids if you choose not to play by her controling rules and most especially continue to pay her spousal support for services she no longer renders, just as a way to milk you dry. The family law is never in the favour of the man, so you as a man has to study the laws in your region and learn to know how to play it and twist it to at least favour you too so at least you won't have to commit suicide due to what the woman you claim to trust did to you.
Word!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by AlphaSoul: 12:20am On Apr 09, 2021
MissRaine69:

That’s why you need to know the law. But some men when they get hit by the vagina all sense of reason goes out the window.
My brother was due to wed end of this month but that won’t happen anymore because his fiancée made a huge issue when asked to sign a prenup
Now if I have made $20 million before I met someone I will most definitely ensure those assets are protected. Money for the children is held in a trust fund so that there are no issues of someone buying Peruvian hair with money meant to feed your children.

This is no brainer ....money always brings the worst in people.
Lol @ "get hit by the vagina."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by AlphaSoul: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2021
2buffagain:

I'm guessing they were already fiance's by that time, well into already planning for a wedding...

That's something you bring up prior to engaging a woman, so there is no cause for a claim of compulsion.
He is even lucky she showed herself by not signing. A more strategic devil will just sign and use the situation to claim signing under duress if she needed to play that divorce card in the future.

Hopefully he carries the lesson forward.

Send him this article to read. Notice what #1 is
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-to-bring-up-prenup_us_5a60e0efe4b05085db606d29

I would even take it further past that and say bring it up as casual conversation BEFORE you start dating to prepare her mentally, while the both are still friends.
That way when it is brought up later for real, she will be more mentally prepared.
Thumbs up!
Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by AlphaSoul: 12:43am On Apr 09, 2021
pansophist:

If you want to know why some people do not see the benefit of marriage, then maybe you should study more about the direction modern marriage has turn to. Start by reading "men on strike" and "the manipulated man".

I mentioned those books because they were written by women who are honest to admit how the system benefits them and against men.

People change. A woman you marry today may, in ten years time, becomes something else. I think men should cohabitate, have babies and live life like they are married, without actually getting married. It's about adapting and thriving in an environment than is anti men, thanks to third wave feminism.

Book list... Saved!
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by AlphaSoul: 4:12am On Apr 09, 2021
2buffagain:

...and then if it fails...?

You are just thinking like a child, not an adult.
You have to cover all bases.

What you don't understand is that a prenup also protects women AS WELL AS protecting men....the latter being more neccessary outside of naija given predatory family laws around the whole world.

You might say, "we are in naija, he doesn't need protection"...but what then happens if you guys move to another country?
He is then subject to the worst part of you and predatory lawyers who egg you on to twist the dagger ever more angrily in the event of a divorce. And the sad part is that he would be forced to pay those very same lawyers who will be coaching you on how to stab him well.

To be of this opinion, Oh you have Nooo idea the things that have been done to men in these parts of the world by women who just wake up one morning and decide to be bitches. The life of a man cannot be subject to the whims, ebbs and flows of something as turbulent as a female's emotions.

IMO The only woman who is against signing a prenup is one of 3 things:
1- Ignorant: ... i.e "Why would anyone want to buy car insurance?" "Life insurance keh? So you want to kill me?!" blah blah blah other silly talk.

2- Broke - Because if she had some coins, she'd want to protect them too.

3- Evil ... because she knows the default situation already favors her. Now if only she can get this idiot to not protect himself.

Deep thinking...
Word!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by AlphaSoul: 4:40am On Apr 09, 2021
MissRaine69:
1. Pension
2. Inheritence
3. Future earnings
She gets all those even if she relentlessly cheated on her hubby while still living under the same roof... huh?! The nerve...

Surely this is a classic case of
"predators gone wild" in the
Western/developed countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
Lalasticlala it is not too late to do the right thing.
Push this thread to the front page.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by kingvomlotus12: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
2buffagain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGITJlPwtfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKZpm7CnE0

For anyone dumb enough to believe any manipulative woman about not signing a prenup.
See what a so called wife did to Emmanuel Eboue, football player.

All that suffering, all that hussle...lost to a woman who likely told him the same nonsense that some manipulative females on this thread have already tried to push.

<falz> eee wee no work! Dey tink dat we don't watsh televizan</falz> cheesy

Without a prenup, the courts hardly consider the woman's own personal assets when doing the split. They just go straight for the jugular of the man in a savage and utterly reprehensible manner.
If Eboue at least had that in print, he would have have had a better chance of been able to get some of his money back from her.

Prenups are not for defense against your loving wife, they are for defense against your ex-wife.
Remember that.
guy you nailed it, I almost cried when watching that chai! women are evil not all though but still can't trust any

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by kingvomlotus12: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
this needs to be in front page pls oo

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 5:39pm On Apr 13, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Depravity Of Modern Women – Dubai Porta Potties / Gay & Lesbian Muslims Come Up With Brave New Slogan Showing Their Love For Allah / #nobarday Nigerian Slay Queens With 'heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.